Beyoncé

Kisuke

17 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

Plus the SuperBLUEMoon?

Coincidence? 

I think (not)

well the lies already started cause i just found out the moon is NOT going to be blue… it’s just the name  :redface:

also Yvette coming to collect that key… kinda surprised she didn’t send Tina :rip:

• Replies 111.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

Stripped back or not, Beyoncé's always going to be giving something extra because she's a singer-singer. Stripping things back isn't making things easier for her or necessarily more boring for us, it's just another way for her to execute flawless vocals.

• Like 2

I personally am not so drawn to her more stripped back songs..but that's because the songs themselves don't live up to what a stripped back song requires. Sandcastles to me is definitely the weakest on Lemonade because it's so simplistic, but not necessarily cleverly so. Compare that to Moon River which is so simple, but the melody is stunning, haunting, perfection...or her Heat version of Fever, or her (brief) cover of Bang, Bang or her cover of Wishing on a Star, etc. Disappear from IASF works though, imo and Otherside is a stunning example of getting stripped back right (through the melody stripped back to) it in her catalogue.

Edited by swissman
  • Like 1

I don't think Beyoncé would ever do a fully stripped back album though, she seems to like variety too much to devote an entire act to just one kind of music.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

I can really see her pulling off something with Country influences. But more of a dedication to the South and Southern music + culture in a broad sense. 

Much like Rennie covers a wide scope of Dance, I can see Act II fusing songs like Daddy Lessons, No Angel, this much talked about Dolly Parton collab/cover, Bounce-inspired bops, Rolling in the Deep-like tracks, and other terrain she's not explored yet. A Southern gumbo of sorts.

They are all sounds she's toyed with in the past, but a full-fledged project comprised of this sound works on every level IMO: 

* It's true to her Southern roots

* Aligns with the whole reclaiming Black genres story of Rennie

* if packaged right (horses, cowboy hats, and smart features) will do enough "present" as enough of a "yee-haa" album to p*ss off Country "purists" and garner controversy press.

* Commercially speaking, these sonics are melodically closer to the Pop and Urban sounds required for Bey to get radio play and for the project to not skew too niche or radical. 

Now, this Rock stuff has been getting on my last nerve. Not necessarily because I don't want it, but it's literally a fan fabrication started on here or Twitter. No one anywhere in any official or semi-official capacity has teased Rock. Here's the original and only article teasing the sounds of the album/s:

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/beyonces-renaissance-album-dance-country-1235296574/

As unapologetic Chart Hive, I don't see how a Rock album will serve her well commercially now. I think for who her core and even mainstream bases are, it doesn't strike as the ish people will run to stream or gag to see live on tour. I don't mind it, but perhaps it should come in the actual "IDGAF about competing" stage of her career (which isn't now IMO). 

If there is an Act III, I'd much rather she goes the big ballad route. Literally give us a whole new suite of iconic Pop ballads ala Adele's Hello, a new Halo, some real big melodic singing sh*t. There's still a commercial market for that (on streaming and radio) and it lends itself to her whole angle of stadium moments. Or even conceiving an intimate companion show that runs alongside her stadium show (much like Gaga is doing in Vegas with her Jazz show and exactly what Ed Sheeran is doing with his simultaneous stadium/small-venue tours)

The photoshoot for Vogue kind of gave it away 

ONLINE%20-%20Beyonc%C3%A9%20British%20Vo

We know Beyoncé loves hinting stuff, she has done it before and she did it for Renaissance as well ("a renaissance is coming"). 

Secondly, Beyoncé herself stopped giving a **** with 4 by literally recording the music she loved after scoring her most successful era of her career. 

The same applies to Lemonade, in which era she insisted on showcasing the artistic value of the project. 

She could literally flop with an indie album and sell out a venue the next day. 

Radio and streaming don't give the full picture since touring is the main source of income for singers. 

Beyoncé has already stopped competing by the way, her words. 

5 hours ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

same for CI, it’s a chore to get through that performance and ironically the audience doesn’t seem to care about it much :rip:

Cuff It Wetter remix into Energy >>>>>

Which is a shame given Cuff It's marvelous arrangement. 

3 hours ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

so we’re getting a mess ? :tornado: cause everytime pop stars try the whole "this is the new stripped back me" it ends up being a boring snoozefest nobody likes à la Joanne or Chemtrails Over The Country Club 

Beyoncé is no Lady Gaga nor Lana Del Rey, thank God. 

Satellites, Disappear, That's Why You're Beautiful are stunning intimate songs.

If the majority of the users here aren't into that, well, that's their problem. Beyoncé is going to release whatever she feels like, whether it's a Country, Rock or ballad-driven album. 

Edited by Pepo
  • Like 3

If the concept is reclaiming black genres, third act will either be rock or some other genre, which I doubt. She’s not gonna do an album full of ballads and she’s not gonna go back to the classic R&B Beyoncé cause she wouldn’t be reclaiming anything.

If it’s rock, it still would be Beyoncé kind of rock. Don’t Hurt Yourself is no classic rock song. She would blend it with blues and funk and even hip hop. No doubt. It would be Prince inspired definitely 

10 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Squid Game: Red Light Green Light (2021)

FavNrvJd.gif

:lmao:

If she included this during Energy mb everybody would mute 

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

If the concept is reclaiming black genres, third act will either be rock or some other genre, which I doubt.

I’d love a Tina-inspired rock kinda album.

I think it’s stupid to even worry about what genre the next acts will be, and whether they’ll be good or not. We have seen time and time again that she continues to elevate herself musically when it comes to her studio albums, and we all know that it won’t just be one genre, whether she does a stripped back, rock, or country album it’s all going to be amazing, and nothing we can even predict. The only way I could see them being a chop is if it’s really another EIL god forbid.

What we NEED to worry about, is how she’s going to sabotage these next 2 “eras” even worse than Rennie:giraffe:

• Like 3

It kills me how hard her neck strains when she does this. How does she manage not spraining it I don’t know

spacer.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

If the concept is reclaiming black genres, third act will either be rock or some other genre, which I doubt. She’s not gonna do an album full of ballads and she’s not gonna go back to the classic R&B Beyoncé cause she wouldn’t be reclaiming anything.

If it’s rock, it still would be Beyoncé kind of rock. Don’t Hurt Yourself is no classic rock song. She would blend it with blues and funk and even hip hop. No doubt. It would be Prince inspired definitely 

Donna Summer was rock-influenced and she didn’t make a dance record. We all know that she loves Donna Summer, and it would fit with the Renaissance theme 

1 minute ago, Devin said:

I’d love a Tina-inspired rock kinda album.

And also this. Beyoncé incredibly takes after Tina. It would fit her so well

It would be a Beyoncé album, not rock album. Same goes for act ii 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SashaDevachelli said:

What we NEED to worry about, is how she’s going to sabotage these next 2 “eras” even worse than Rennie:giraffe:

when Act II is the special gift in the perfume box and there's no other way to buy or stream it :tornado:

• Haha 2

by the way the new perfume is probably her worst smelling perfume

FavNrvJd.gif

Just now, QueenB said:

FavNrvJd.gif

where do you sample it? I'll sniff today and cancel my order if I hate it

FavNrvJd.gif

Just now, kimberly said:

where do you sample it? I'll sniff today and cancel my order if I hate it

FavNrvJd.gif

They were giving out samples at the concert, it smells ok but her other perfumes were better 

FavNrvJd.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, QueenB said:

FavNrvJd.gif

It smelled nice at the NY/NJ show did something change?

spacer.png

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pepo said:

We know Beyoncé loves hinting stuff, she has done it before and she did it for Renaissance as well ("a renaissance is coming"). 

Secondly, Beyoncé herself stopped giving a **** with 4 by literally recording the music she loved after scoring her most successful era of her career. 

The same applies to Lemonade, in which era she insisted on showcasing the artistic value of the project. 

Radio and streaming don't give the full picture since touring is the main source of income for singers. 

Cuff It Wetter remix into Energy >>>>>

Which is a shame given Cuff It's marvelous arrangement. 

Beyoncé is no Lady Gaga nor Lana Del Rey, thank God. 

Satellites, Disappear, That's Why You're Beautiful are stunning intimate songs.

If the majority of the users here aren't into that, well, that's their problem. Beyoncé is going to release whatever she feels like, whether it's a Country, Rock or ballad-driven album. 

Not to mention that Amazon Italy article that was quickly deleted, saying that she was basically reclaiming black generas including country, and rock

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Pepo said:

Respectfully, I TOTALLY disagree. 

Saying Bey posing on a motorbike in ONE picture is indicative of one of the albums being Rock is the REACH of life, beloved. 

Also, I really wish some corners of the Hive would stop peddling this idea that she "doesn't care" about hits or commercial sales.

If she didn't, she wouldn't have launched the album with BMS - THE most commercial, cookie-cutter, GP-pleasing anthem on the album. Similarly, the countless merch configurations, finally embracing vinyl, and various covers say otherwise. LOUDLY. 

Yes, she's stopped participating in the MPG rat race that sees her worth solely weighted on her commercial performance, (hence the limited promo etc) but it's crystal clear that she/her team will consistently do "enough" to ensure she retains this regality and optics of success (e.g. 300k first week, a couple of GP-pleasing top 10's per era).

Until I see Bey doing 50k first week and not scrambling in the way they did for EIL, I'm not buying this IDGAF that some fans swear is the case. 

Commercial success and appeal to a broad non-stan audience is literally what allows for these back-to-back sell-outs on the RWT. If you think she'll keep doing RWT gross with underperforming non-commercial music, I'm sorry but that's not happening. 

Bey is about her bag (above all else), so an air of commercial will always trail and define her output (even Lemonade has Formation, Hold Up, and Sorry) until she's ready to actually tap out of the game. 

Edited by Cbreezy

1 minute ago, Lose My Breath said:

Not to mention that Amazon Italy article that was quickly deleted, saying that she was basically reclaiming black generas including country, and rock

that Amazon Italy thing was total bullshit. didn't it also say BREAK MY SOUL video was coming out shortly and Ryan Tedder was involved in Renaissance? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kimberly said:

that Amazon Italy thing was total bullshit. didn't it also say BREAK MY SOUL video was coming out shortly and Ryan Tedder was involved in Renaissance? 

New theory: The Amazon Italia content writer could barely translate it from English and we need to find the original text to unlock all the secrets of the projects. Our Da Vinci Code moment

FavNrvJd.gif

6 minutes ago, kimberly said:

Didn’t Ryan himself say that he made some songs with her though? Perhaps it was Rennie outtakes or potentially songs for act 2. I could’ve sworn he was confirmed to have worked with her in some way and it wasn’t just Amazon Italy, maybe I’m remembering wrong:thing:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.