Beyoncé

Kisuke

15 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/space/what-is-blue-moon-super-moon-august-b2401596.html

Tonight is a Blue Supermoon, and the second full moon of August

Next time this happens is 2032

AND tonight she’s in San Francisco! during one of the interludes the camera zooms out of San Francisco (which also happens to be an Amazon building according to the theorists) time to put the clown masks back on  :coffee:

Spoiler

absolutely nothing’s gonna happen but this could result in another collective meltdown which is also a fun moment to me :hippo:

• Haha 1

• Replies 111.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

A Greatest Hits album makes no sense in 2023, the best go around would be something like Tiny Desk or an album anniversary performance or re-recording.

I was expecting something to acknowledge the 20th anniversary for Dangerously In Love in this year, and it would've been great to hear her tackle songs like Signs, Be With You or Yes with her more mature vocal style today.

I was even half expecting a reshoot with some of those iconic looks, the martini glass in Naughty Girl, the Beach Dance dress in Boby Boy and definitely the opening look in Crazy In Love :jonny5:

She has such an amazing catalogue as well as a wealth of iconography to reach back to but she fails to capitalize on alot of it.

Dangerously In Love could've easily recharged this year tbh.

I PRAYING she does something for the 10th anniversary of ST, but I'm not holding my breath.

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Imagine that act ii and act iii are neither rock nor country and that all the rumors were fake 

I would LOL so much. For all the conjecture and theories we've cooked up only for it to be a literal Rennie part 2 would be kinda funny. 

At the same time, I think it's risky for her to stay in the same musical space when:

a) Act 1 is SO revered as is (people do not go up for sequels like that) and...

b) attention spans are so depressingly limited these days that I actually think she has more chance of commercial success with another "exciting transformation" than dishing out more of the same.

(The only way I think she'll keep the GP as engaged in this Dance space is if she duplicates what worked in a somewhat shameless manner. So, another BMS, another CI, another AS. I'd love it personally, but it literally would be her playing to the mainstream, which is the opposite of what she's been about for the last decade+)

Edit: The other wildcard that could keep the Dance thing interesting would be if we were all bracing for Rennie visuals only for her to legit not drop them (ever) in favor of a full-fledged visual album for Act II. Which would, at the very least, guarantee the new music a certain level of built-in buzz from the get-go. This whole "the visuals will come at a later date" gives her so much scope for all-round f**kry. From actually keeping to her promise to pulling some kind of stunt that makes the chaos of the last year seem like some "grand plan". I'm equal parts annoyed by it and impressed by it at the same damn time. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Draper. said:

Why are you being negative tho? It’s Beyoncé. A stripped back record from her right now would range from Miseducation to Songs in the Key of Life. 

bc as i said stripped back albums are rarely good, besides she’s not doing that anyway, she already did that with some of ST and especially Lemonade 

Vegas night 2 in full and this is a good angle. Saving it for tonight :fan:

10 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

so we’re getting a mess ? :tornado: cause everytime pop stars try the whole "this is the new stripped back me" it ends up being a boring snoozefest nobody likes à la Joanne or Chemtrails Over The Country Club 

6 minutes ago, Draper. said:

Why are you being negative tho? It’s Beyoncé. A stripped back record from her right now would range from Miseducation to Songs in the Key of Life. 

While Bey brings an undeniable quality to the table each and every time, I'm inclined to agree that anything too stripped back is a no-no. 

I'm down with her doing big, bellowing, robust ballads like Adele's Hello or even her own Halo.

But like @ScorpiosGroove's said, Bey (and a lot of these Pop girls) in hyper-stripped back mode leaves a lot to be desired. It's just not as compelling as it thinks itself to be / wants to be. 

I always howl at the fact that there is a sect of Bey's base that swears up and down that Lemonade (the album not the era) is the best thing she's done. Yet, note how NO ONE...anywhere...really bemoans the absence of the Lemonade tracks on the RWT tour. Not even the stans.

IMO, a lot of Lemonade's stripped-back, introspective-ish worked in context and as a holistic body of work. But individually it doesn't pack the punch or urgency of the material on Rennie. It was necessary for the artistic, personal, socially-conscious, and overall brand shift she was making at the time, but it's not Bey at her most activated/optimized IMO. 

After a near decade of exploration, slowing it down, and laying bare her personal life musically, I'd love to see her spend the foreseeable being all at once envelope-pushing while playing to what truly people want from her most: BIG, catchy, sing-a-long, relatable and bop-able music. Whether fast, mid, or slow. it ought to be the throughline. 

If any of the Invisible Cowgirl instrumentals are indicative of the potential sound, it's not going to be stripped back in the obnoxious "This is the real me way." It'll still have elements of hip hop and R&B. 

8 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

While Bey brings an undeniable quality to the table each and every time, I'm inclined to agree that anything too stripped back is a no-no. 

I'm down with her doing big, bellowing, robust ballads like Adele's Hello or even her own Halo.

But like @ScorpiosGroove's said, Bey (and a lot of these Pop girls) in hyper-stripped back mode leaves a lot to be desired. It's just not as compelling as it thinks itself to be / wants to be. 

I always howl at the fact that there is a sect of Bey's base that swears up and down that Lemonade (the album not the era) is the best thing she's done. Yet, note how NO ONE...anywhere...really bemoans the absence of the Lemonade tracks on the RWT tour. Not even the stans.

IMO, a lot of Lemonade's stripped-back, introspective-ish worked in context and as a holistic body of work. But individually it doesn't pack the punch or urgency of the material on Rennie. It was necessary for the artistic, personal, socially-conscious, and overall brand shift she was making at the time, but it's not Bey at her most activated/optimized IMO. 

After a near decade of exploration, slowing it down, and laying bare her personal life musically, I'd love to see her spend the foreseeable being all at once envelope-pushing while playing to what truly people want from her most: BIG, catchy, sing-a-long, relatable and bop-able music. Whether fast, mid, or slow. it ought to be the throughline. 

Exactly, just take basé as an example (granted we’re not that many but a lot of people outside of her think the same) : y’all complain about half a Lemonade 24/7, y’all hate Sandcastles, most people hate I AM, especially the ballads, no one stans songs like Heaven and many don’t like Blue or Jealous either…. why would you want her to play into the whole "i’m making stripped back ballads bc i’m an honest artist” thing when most of us would hate that and clearly didn’t like it that much the first time she did it ? :rip:

imo this only works when your lane has been the stripped back thing from the begin and even then it’s risky (again, look at Lana; she always had these big, cinematic productions and then served 2-3 albums basically full of stripped piano ballads, and basically everyone hates them and sees them as her worst albums) but it never works for big, extravagant, POPstars 

and going this route after her (production wise) heaviest and most intricate album ever ? yeah that would be the most anticlimactic thing since Beychella followed by On The Flop 2 :tornado:

i don’t doubt that she could make it work cause she always makes it work and if she made a Beyoncéfied psychedelic rock album with hip hop influences, made her own NFR, made another multi-genre album or even a fully cinematic, orchestra heavy album i’d eat that **** up but anything else no thanks, we need the experimental, genre bending, avant-garde **** from her and i need her to ride that wave until we got every last drop of creative juice out of her stubborn head ! after that she can go do EIL 2.0 and flop with that if that’s what she wants :hippo:

• Thanks 2

Those Lana are considered her best by the critics and by a huge part of her fanbase :rip:

But still you're seeing "stripped back" as something minor or ballad-driven when that's not at all the case. Homecoming is stripped back, 4 is stripped back. Look at Stevie and Lauryn. Their records are stripped back and those are still multi-genre with different rhythms. The Archandroid is mostly stripped back and is still ambitious and huge. That's the type of stripped back music Bey would do, not the next Boygenius record. I don't understand the concern.

11 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

if she made a Beyoncéfied psychedelic rock album with hip hop influences, made her own NFR, made another multi-genre album or even a fully cinematic, orchestra heavy album i’d eat that **** up but anything else no thanks, we need the experimental, genre bending, avant-garde **** from her and i need her to ride that wave until we got every last drop of creative juice out of her stubborn head !

:clap3:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Draper. said:

Those Lana are considered her best by the critics and by a huge part of her fanbase :rip:

But still you're seeing "stripped back" as something minor or ballad-driven when that's not at all the case. Homecoming is stripped back, 4 is stripped back. Look at Stevie and Lauryn. Their records are stripped back and those are still multi-genre with different rhythms. The Archandroid is mostly stripped back and is still ambitious and huge. That's the type of stripped back music Bey would do, not the next Boygenius record. I don't understand the concern.

Homecoming and 4 are not stripped back...especially the former. Not with entire marching band arrangements. 

IASF is her only stripped back album

Just now, giRLbye. said:

Homecoming and 4 are not stripped back...especially the former. Not with entire marching band arrangements. 

IASF is her only stripped back album

Precisely, the band arrangements are what make it stripped back for me. The instruments are real, her vocals are raw. Everything in IASF sounds processed and too clean, from the instrumentals to the vocals. That's not stripped back at all.

27 minutes ago, Draper. said:

that’s really not true :rip: her entire fanbase hates them, they are both her least streamed projects and the critics give anyone these days better scores than a decade ago 

but it’s useless to argue about something that either doesn’t even exist or was changed by now :tornado: 

i doubt the whole 3 act thing will end up how she initially imagined it anyway

58 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

A Greatest Hits album makes no sense in 2023, the best go around would be something like Tiny Desk or an album anniversary performance or re-recording.

I was expecting something to acknowledge the 20th anniversary for Dangerously In Love in this year, and it would've been great to hear her tackle songs like Signs, Be With You or Yes with her more mature vocal style today.

I was even half expecting a reshoot with some of those iconic looks, the martini glass in Naughty Girl, the Beach Dance dress in Boby Boy and definitely the opening look in Crazy In Love :jonny5:

She has such an amazing catalogue as well as a wealth of iconography to reach back to but she fails to capitalize on alot of it.

Dangerously In Love could've easily recharged this year tbh.

I PRAYING she does something for the 10th anniversary of ST, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm so surprised... that you're surprised lol.

Bey really is the manifestation of many of the careers before her. E.g. she's some parts MJ, some parts Prince, and in this particular regard (of not celebrating milestones)I'd really say she's fashioning her latter career on Madonna. 

Only now at 65 is Madonna allowing herself to embrace her "legacy era". She was pretty aggressive about NOT acknowledging the anniversaries of past projects. She was ruthless with making her tours and eras about whatever she was selling then and there. From a MPG standpoint, she kind of originated the idea of leaving off hits to perform almost the entirety of her new album at the time. Any old material would get repurposed into whatever sound she was peddling for that era. It ultimately is the foundation that de-emphasized her age and built the "must-see" aura around her touring. It essentially created a kind of capsule around her eras. Wanna see the Music album performed live? You better go to its corresponding tour as you might not ever hear much of it on future tours. 

It can be frustrating in some regards (as I'm sure is already the case for Bey fans expecting to hear Halo, Single Ladies, Irreplaceable and similar on the RWT), but is actually genius. She's making herself hyper-relevant to here and now and is commoditizing FOMO in a way that gifts her relevance for decades and decades. 

Bey is amazing, but IMO there's a math, a science, and a strategy that is clearly being applied to her career that is almost equally as fascinating as her musical output. I love it.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

so we’re getting a mess ? :tornado: cause everytime pop stars try the whole "this is the new stripped back me" it ends up being a boring snoozefest nobody likes à la Joanne or Chemtrails Over The Country Club 

I am completely sure act ii is not gonna be stripped back. Maybe it'll have some ballads, but they're not gonna be stripped back. I do believe she'll be focusing on her human part, but only in the way to celebrate her roots. If anything, at ii will be closer to her DC days. 

Whatever main genre is, it will include R&B and hiphop songs, just as any of her previous albums. Whatever it is, it's a celebration. After the things she's said and her presence during the RWT and all the dance on the act i, there is no way she's stripping back. She's still gonna be having fun, not at a gay club, but at the rodeo. If she's been teasing something, it's that

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

Its Beyonce we're talking about. We rightfully drag her at times, however musically speaking, shes never disappointed on a full album. Shes one of one after all. Im sure a record like this would spawn several career Highlights plus a more approachable Beyonce, which in her case can only be seen as a big plus

3 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

It’s Beyonce we're talking about. We rightfully drag her at times, however musically speaking, shes never disappointed on a full album. Shes one of one after all. Im sure a record like this would spawn several career Highlights plus a more approachable Beyonce, which in her case can only be seen as a big plus

please don’t make me type up another paragraph, the first one made me tired enough :redface:

what i could’ve added tho is, personally speaking, i don’t need a more approachable Beyoncé. I’m totally fine with the robotic, goddess one. i like my pop stars larger than life and i don’t really care about her private life or the "real Beyoncé", i love the mega superstar artisté that we get (even tho she could be a little less secretive :rip:)

38 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

If anything, at ii will be closer to her DC days. 

Whatever main genre is, it will include R&B and hiphop songs, just as any of her previous albums.

I would LOVE to hear that. 

You know they offered the key to the city so they could meet Bey so imagine their disappointment when Yvette took a day off from the Kindness Store to show up instead.

F4ykd_TXUAIOMGn?format=jpg&name=medium

• Haha 12

34 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

wait @ShouldersSideways Venice Film Festival starts tonight

it-was-all-a-lie-paper.gif

Plus the SuperBLUEMoon?

Coincidence? 

I think (not)

Beyonce is taking a break until next year after the tour is over. it's Holiday season and if anything she has the Parfum to promote which[the marketing] has already probably been shot and created. if she wants to do anything, I wouldn't mind a full remix album. 

23 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

You know they offered the key to the city so they could meet Bey so imagine their disappointment when Yvette took a day off from the Kindness Store to show up instead.

F4ykd_TXUAIOMGn?format=jpg&name=medium

This is so :toofunny2:

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.