Beyoncé

Kisuke

15 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

I can really see her pulling off something with Country influences. But more of a dedication to the South and Southern music + culture in a broad sense. 

Much like Rennie covers a wide scope of Dance, I can see Act II fusing songs like Daddy Lessons, No Angel, this much talked about Dolly Parton collab/cover, Bounce-inspired bops, Rolling in the Deep-like tracks, and other terrain she's not explored yet. A Southern gumbo of sorts.

They are all sounds she's toyed with in the past, but a full-fledged project comprised of this sound works on every level IMO: 

* It's true to her Southern roots

* Aligns with the whole reclaiming Black genres story of Rennie

* if packaged right (horses, cowboy hats, and smart features) will do enough "present" as enough of a "yee-haa" album to p*ss off Country "purists" and garner controversy press.

* Commercially speaking, these sonics are melodically closer to the Pop and Urban sounds required for Bey to get radio play and for the project to not skew too niche or radical. 

Now, this Rock stuff has been getting on my last nerve. Not necessarily because I don't want it, but it's literally a fan fabrication started on here or Twitter. No one anywhere in any official or semi-official capacity has teased Rock. Here's the original and only article teasing the sounds of the album/s:

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/beyonces-renaissance-album-dance-country-1235296574/

As unapologetic Chart Hive, I don't see how a Rock album will serve her well commercially now. I think for who her core and even mainstream bases are, it doesn't strike as the ish people will run to stream or gag to see live on tour. I don't mind it, but perhaps it should come in the actual "IDGAF about competing" stage of her career (which isn't now IMO). 

If there is an Act III, I'd much rather she goes the big ballad route. Literally give us a whole new suite of iconic Pop ballads ala Adele's Hello, a new Halo, some real big melodic singing sh*t. There's still a commercial market for that (on streaming and radio) and it lends itself to her whole angle of stadium moments. Or even conceiving an intimate companion show that runs alongside her stadium show (much like Gaga is doing in Vegas with her Jazz show and exactly what Ed Sheeran is doing with his simultaneous stadium/small-venue tours)

Thank you so much. What an in-depth response. I've been excited for country Bey since I heard Dolly Parton saying she would like for Bey to cover Jolene. She will really slay country imo. As for rock and roll. I love that genre and I think Bey could slay a rock ballad or two. I agree wholeheartedly with the whole big diva pop ballad thing however there would have to be a good balance between pop and rnb cause her core urban base won't like an album full of halos.

• Replies 111.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

I don't think any of the three acts will be ballad-heavy:

I want to show that you can have fun and have purpose, be respectful and speak your mind.

My wish is for my 40s to be fun and full of freedom. I want to feel the same freedom I feel on stage every day of my life. [...] I want this next decade to be about celebration, joy, and giving and receiving love. I want to give all the love I have to the people who love me back.

With all the isolation and injustice over the past year, I think we are all ready to escape, travel, love, and laugh again.

:michael:

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Yonceage said:

How do you feel about the rumoured genres country and rock? Do you think Bey could manage to sell that to her fanbase? What about the 'traditional' listeners of those genres? Will they embrace Bey? Personally I'm looking forward to the music but I have ZERO expectations for commercial success. The funny thing is she's already fumbled this 3 act project with the terrible Act 1 rollout. Will be interested in seeing how her team handles things after the tour. 

Oh and as for roll-out, I still say she has a very easy path to selling well with at least one more act in the near future:

* "Pre-order the new Beyonce album for presale access to her 2024 dates"/ If her fans, on average, are too grown to run to stream her music in the way Ariana and Taylor fans do, everyone at least wants to see Beyonce live. Everyone! Using ticket sales for the 2024 leg to drive sales of new music is a no-brainer. I may have to unstan if they fumble this lol. 

* Any kind of visual premiere on a major platform will be promo in and of itself for Act 2. Especially if it features music from the album.

* Physicals! Bey fans are on average older and thus are more inclined to buy physical formats. CDs, vinyls, and other keepsakes. A Q4 drop would be genius to get them holiday sales. As much as she sabotages, it's clear her team knew this was a necessity for Rennie (whose first-week sales were almost 50/50 streaming and physicals). 

Where I think her antics could affect things moving forward is:

* Longevity of the music. If she once again does nothing promo-wise with whatever the new lead is (which we all know will be the case), she's automatically affecting the streaming longevity of the project out of the gate.

She for sure had comeback hype with BMS, but without the "no solo album in 7 years" buzz, I shudder to think what the situation we'd have been looking at for BMS or the album at large (had Cuff It not gone viral). She'll always open high/ish IMO because of her name and some of the tactics above but after the initial launch, she/her team will have to start finding savvy ways to sustain.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

She for sure had comeback hype with BMS, but without the "no solo album in 7 years" buzz, I shudder to think what the situation we'd have been looking at for BMS or the album at large (had Cuff It not gone viral). She'll always open high/ish IMO because of her name and some of the tactics above but after the initial launch, she/her team will have to start finding savvy ways to sustain.

I don't think the wait makes for more buzz in the streaming era. Ariana didn't wait in 2018 and those were her best numbers, Taylor has 1 or 2 projects out per year since 2019 and she's seeing her best numbers now, Lana is always releasing music and her numbers just get stronger, Bad Bunny is also there in other markets. Being consistent with releases makes for better engagement with streaming audiences.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Draper. said:

I don't think the wait makes for more buzz in the streaming era. Ariana didn't wait in 2018 and those were her best numbers, Taylor has 1 or 2 projects out per year since 2019 and she's seeing her best numbers now, Lana is always releasing music and her numbers just get stronger, Bad Bunny is also there in other markets. Being consistent with releases makes for better engagement with streaming audiences.

True and, in hindsight, it's why I like the three-album idea (if that's what she's really doing). It's her grandiose and very "Beyonce" way of playing the streaming game of "the more music the better". She was never gonna go the Chris Brown route of 100-track albums or even the Taylor/Ari angle of albums every six months (all of which are the antithesis of Bey's qualitative, slow-bake greatness approach of being an "artiste"). 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

True and, in hindsight, it's why I like the three-album idea (if that's what she's really doing). It's her grandiose and very "Beyonce" way of playing the streaming game of "the more music the better". She was never gonna go the Chris Brown route of 100-track albums or even the Taylor/Ari angle of albums every six months (all of which are the antithesis of Bey's qualitative, slow-bake greatness approach of being an "artiste"). 

Which begs the question, what is her endgame? Her strategy to link three musical projects into one cohesive era ? Will it be a visual/movie released after all three acts are out ? A documentary? Or as someone suggested here a while ago, creating a mega album on streaming with all three acts put together with Renaissance songs transitioning into act 2 and act 2 transitioning into act 3. I feel like there's an opportunity for Bey to do something special here. She's given us so many hints but it's still not making sense to me yet. Either way I'm excited. 

• Like 4

Imagine that act ii and act iii are neither rock nor country and that all the rumors were fake 

• Like 4

At this point, I think Bey is going to use the visuals to promote Act II. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Fleahive said:

What was wrong with fwt I kick myself to this day for not going this was her ultimate prime for me vocally. The screen monitor looked epic and I loved the dance breaks and perfect in sync choreo with dancers. I haven’t seen RWT yet and try to avoid most clips and I feel like people only praise the production but drag the dancers and say nothing about Bey. I feel like I’m gonna be watching a cirque de Soleil show or sumn

no real person actually drags the dancers, no review from publications do that as well. 2 people saying mess about the dancers is not equivalent or representative of the praise and dancers actually get

• Like 1

At this point is getting act ii and act iii is a pipe dream just like the visuals. There’s no indication anything is happening after the e tour.

10 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

lmfao :deadbanana2:this part made me physically cringe and it's even funnier seeing it from the side view

if we're being honest virgo's groove doesn't work at all live and the interpolations at the end aren't all that great

same for CI, it’s a chore to get through that performance and ironically the audience doesn’t seem to care about it much :rip:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Draper. said:

I want this next decade to be about celebration, joy, and giving and receiving love.

the way she already told us that she’ll roll this whole thing out over the next decade 

ACT II coming in 2025 confirmed :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Imagine that act ii and act iii are neither rock nor country and that all the rumors were fake 

The way I would love it they were all dance heavy :jonny:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

The way I would love it they were all dance heavy :jonny:

Except I want a good fall album from here

I think Act 2 will focus on the human part of Bey. Shes slowly shedding the metallic/futuristic/robotic parts of her and introduces us to the grounded/human/stripped back part of her aka Act II. You're welcome for the analysis :-*

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

the way she already told us that she’ll roll this whole thing out over the next decade 

ACT II coming in 2025 confirmed :deadbanana4:

The context of the quote is that she talked about her 20s and her 30s and the things she had accomplished in those decades tho.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Draper. said:

The context of the quote is that she talked about her 20s and her 30s and the things she had accomplished in those decades tho.

and when she talked about feeling a renaissance emerging she wasn’t talking about the album either and yet :biblio:

5 hours ago, Starshine said:

My forehead serving “hello Dubai!” on one of the pics they posted on her website. Oh! This is not what I wanna see! :biblionny:

Don't make me go through the photos looking for fiveheads pls

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Yonceage said:

Which begs the question, what is her endgame? Her strategy to link three musical projects into one cohesive era ? Will it be a visual/movie released after all three acts are out ? A documentary? Or as someone suggested here a while ago, creating a mega album on streaming with all three acts put together with Renaissance songs transitioning into act 2 and act 2 transitioning into act 3. I feel like there's an opportunity for Bey to do something special here. She's given us so many hints but it's still not making sense to me yet. Either way I'm excited. 

I've been thinking about this too. 

Bey is big on innovation, so I can see any of the following (none of which she's technically done already):

* A visual film encompassing Acts I and Acts II. Drop the trailer on the last date of the tour and release it before the end of the year. Will serve as easy global promo for the next leg / or next tour. IMO, this "presently" feels like the most likely and logical prospect. 

* A mini-series: This idea was floated before Rennie even landed and I still think would be such a gag moment. Format-wise it's fresh and uncharted territory for her visual output and gives her the ability to "return" to the world (Echoville?) with additional chapters (e.g. for Act 2) at her own pace. Literally like a Black Mirror-type format. Realistically means we probably won't get full-fledged videos for each and every song, but do we really care at this point? It could also be a savvy way for her to all at once do a streaming drop AND carve out content that solely lives on YouTube too (maybe that's where the full "music video edit" that promotes the series at large can live). With deuxmoi claiming the visuals are cameo-heavy, it almost sounds like an anthology series in and of itself already. 

* Documentary: have heard this really is a thing from a few different places. I could (annoyingly) see this coming before the visuals if she really wants to release all the albums first. Almost like a bridge to it all. She's been so off-grid from a BTS standpoint that this could easily be a Life Is But A Dream / Homecoming hybrid. It's not the "visual" we want, but I do think it could tide us over while filling the gaps for us as to what's been going on behind the scenes. 

3 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/space/what-is-blue-moon-super-moon-august-b2401596.html

Tonight is a Blue Supermoon, and the second full moon of August

Next time this happens is 2032

Blue opening gown, blue cowboy outfit for Cuff It and blue Off White outfit for Formation. Visuals in 2032 for the 10 year anniversary confirmed. :redface:

• Haha 1

Virgos Groove can easily be a shoe stopper but she just choose to make it more sensual which was a missed opportunity. All those background, pitched vocals are supposed to be fun, not sexy lol

Sonically it's one the few cases where it either needs to be synthesized/played from track or adapted because the live instrumentation is clunky and clearly a downgrade from the album audio 

Edited by Otter
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

I think Act 2 will focus on the human part of Bey. Shes slowly shedding the metallic/futuristic/robotic parts of her and introduces us to the grounded/human/stripped back part of her aka Act II. You're welcome for the analysis :-*

so we’re getting a mess ? :tornado: cause everytime pop stars try the whole "this is the new stripped back me" it ends up being a boring snoozefest nobody likes à la Joanne or Chemtrails Over The Country Club 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

so we’re getting a mess ? :tornado: cause everytime pop stars try the whole "this is the new stripped back me" it ends up being a boring snoozefest nobody likes à la Joanne or Chemtrails Over The Country Club 

Why are you being negative tho? It’s Beyoncé. A stripped back record from her right now would range from Miseducation to Songs in the Key of Life. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.