Beyoncé

Kisuke

1 hour ago, Draper. said:

Hmmmm for some reason I think Bey doesn't like him. She mostly avoids his songs now.

He said some shady **** following ST era. I’m over him too. And he seems desperate to recapture relevancy and that’s why he plays into the Hive on social media by making suggestive comments, leaking songs & acting like he’s still relevant in Bey’s world.

• Replies 111.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

15 minutes ago, carameldelight said:

I know people complain about chart hive but her vocals and catalog are two arguments against Bey that grate my soul!

There's so many music discussions I've heard and seen where there's a general consensus,  no matter how wrong, that  Beyonce is talented but has a weak catalog and not much hits. It's easy for people to forget, she intentionally removed herself from the charts for years. 

I’ve never heard anyone says she had a weak catalogue. You made that up. Not when she has the most Grammys and over half her catalogue has had AOTY consideration. That doesn’t even make sense.

Edited by giRLbye.

Do we have any insight on how Renaissance and the “singles” have performed thus far? Did it scan 1M pure in the US? I feel like I stopped hearing updates around November of last year lol 

17 hours ago, Chris said:

Let's have a discussion why BEYONCE and Lemonade are her two best albums.

:coffee2:

BEYONCE and 4 :-*

8 minutes ago, Iyanla, Fix Me said:

Do we have any insight on how Renaissance and the “singles” have performed thus far? Did it scan 1M pure in the US? I feel like I stopped hearing updates around November of last year lol 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, giRLbye. said:

I’ve never heard anyone says she had a weak catalogue. You made that up. Not when she has the most Grammys and over half her catalogue has had AOTY consideration. That doesn’t even make sense.

Why would I make that up? lol  Have you been in a bubble? They will say x artist has the hits but Beyonce is the better performer. (rihanna, katy, taylor, etc) 

You don't have to go far to find that very argument happening right now. I didn't say they were accurate, I'm stating when you haven't had a major hit in 14 years and mostly been MIA on the charts, it's easy for people to forget what you have done.  And I'm not even going to touch the grammy topic. That's a nuanced discussion.

Edited by carameldelight
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, carameldelight said:

Why would I make that up? lol  Have you been in a bubble? They will say x artist has the hits but Beyonce is the better performer. (rihanna, katy, taylor, etc) 

You don't have to go far to find that very argument happening right now. I didn't say they were accurate, I'm stating when you haven't had a major hit in 14 years and mostly been MIA on the charts, it's easy for people to forget what you have done.  And I'm not even going to touch the grammy topic. That's a nuanced discussion.

What you're saying here is different than your other post claiming there's a consensus opinion that Beyonce has a weak catalogue which isn't true...reality nor perception wise outside of a bonafide hater stance. In fact, some of those "hitmakers" are known to have weak full length albums outside of the hits. And Beyonce was without a #1 song for 14 years...however...she was not without a hit. So nobody has known a Beyonce song since Single Ladies?  See you Charthive lack nuance outside of being obsessed with artists 10 years her junior, industry wise.

Edited by giRLbye.

Honestly, if anyone says that their favorite Beyoncé song is a random album track like Hello, they should be deeply respected for that opinion 

• Like 1

Honestly engage with the GP and people will have all kinds of opinions. I think the discog thing comes from her singles, which aren't as well known the last decade compared to popular acts. And/Or are way more polarising with songs like Formation versus her more digestible pop days 

38 minutes ago, giRLbye. said:

What you're saying here is different than your other post claiming there's a consensus opinion that Beyonce has a weak catalogue which isn't true...reality nor perception wise outside of a bonafide hater stance. In fact, some of those "hitmakers" are known to have weak full length albums outside of the hits. And Beyonce was without a #1 song for 14 years...however...she was not without a hit. So nobody has known a Beyonce song since Single Ladies?  See you Charthive lack nuance outside of being obsessed with artists 10 years her junior, industry wise.

The irony of speaking of naunce but then putting the bold exaggerated statement into their mouth :rip:

Across the 2010s Bey probably only had 1 or maybe 2 big global radio hits. That's not a lot in a decade and thus easy for casual listeners to loose sense of her discog. I think that was the point. Not that " nobody has known a Beyonce song since Single Ladies" 
"when you haven't had a major hit in 14 years and mostly been MIA on the charts, it's easy for people to forget what you have done"

Edited by Otter

I was expecting Amazon Music to tease the final drop today. Maybe they are going back to the 4 weeks interval 

59 minutes ago, giRLbye. said:

I think it's you all that lack nuance and you are misinterpreting my point.  Beyonce is Beyonce, we've established she can flop to eternity and still be considered one of the best. This has nothing to do with the quality of an album even though they all have been underappreciated, hence no aoty wins. That's a whole other topic. 

And yes, if you ask a casual fan they would probably say Drunk in Love was Beyonce's last hit. I don't even see why we are arguing this lol.

I believe there is a consensus brewing on the internet and music discussion boards that Beyonce doesn't have the catalogue in comparison to other artists. It's simple as that and it's a topic that has been on going outside of this base for years. I've already seen it discussed on radio, tiktok, podcasts,   etc.  Even if I know they are wrong, the perception has been  made that she hasn't had a hit in years and her music has gotten even better in that timespan. There's a clear disconnect.

For example, I don't remember if it was tank or michael eric dyson who were arguing on behalf of Beyonce and the counterarguments were she doesn't have as many hits to be all time best. Another recent one is Andrew Schulz, clearly ignorant opinion however it's a sentiment I've seen expressed a lot regarding her hits. They would never say that about another artist (weak albums or not)

Edited by carameldelight

12 minutes ago, Otter said:

The irony of speaking of naunce but then putting the bold exaggerated statement into their mouth :rip:

Across the 2010s Bey probably only had 1 or maybe 2 big global radio hits. That's not a lot in a decade and thus easy for casual listeners to loose sense of her discog. I think that was the point. Not that " nobody has known a Beyonce song since Single Ladies" 
"when you haven't had a major hit in 14 years and mostly been MIA on the charts, it's easy for people to forget what you have done"

Radio is not the only metric for success...Beyonce of all ppl demonstrates this. 

The easiest solution is to simply not care what other people think about her :cm: 

Particularly that Andrew guy... like why am I gonna put stock in what he thinks about her abilities or her discography? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, carameldelight said:

I think it's you all that lack nuance and you are misinterpreting my point.  Beyonce is Beyonce, we've established she can flop to eternity and still be considered one of the best. This has nothing to do with the quality of an album even though they all have been underappreciated, hence no aoty wins. That's a whole other topic. 

And yes, if you ask a casual fan they would probably say Drunk in Love was Beyonce's last hit. I don't even see why we are arguing this lol.

I believe there is a consensus brewing on the internet and music discussion boards that Beyonce doesn't have the catalogue in comparison to other artists. It's simple as that and it's a topic that has been on going outside of this base for years. I've already seen it discussed on radio, tiktok, podcasts,   etc.  Even if I know they are wrong, the perception has been  made that she hasn't had a hit in years  even though her music has gotten even better. 

Clear example, I don't remember if it was tank or michael eric dyson who were arguing on behalf of Beyonce and the counterarguments were she doesn't have as many hits to be all time best. Another recent one is Andrew Schulz, clearly ignorant opinion however it's a sentiment I've seen expressed a lot regarding her hits. They would never say that about another artist (weak album or not)

The consensus is the voices in your head coming together to speak. Even an echo chamber like ATRL doesn't even believe Beyonce's catalogue is weak.

I know people, including myself, who can't name 3 Taylor songs if $1 million dollars was being offered. do i start saying that's a consensus opinion?

Edited by giRLbye.

3 minutes ago, giRLbye. said:

The consensus is the voices in your head coming together to speak. Even an echo chamber like ATRL doesn't even believe Beyonce's catalogue is weak.

I know people, including myself, who can't name 3 Taylor songs if $1 million dollars was being offered. do i start saying that's a consensus opinion?

LOL, I gave two real life examples and there's plenty more. Sure it's in my head. 

16 minutes ago, carameldelight said:

LOL, I gave two real life examples and there's plenty more. Sure it's in my head. 

There's a difference between a few people saying stupid hater **** and an overall consensus opinion. Beyonce doesn't have a legacy known for a weak discography. Very much the opposite and too many receipts to support it. Not idiots on a pOdCaSt.

2 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

The easiest solution is to simply not care what other people think about her :cm: 

Particularly that Andrew guy... like why am I gonna put stock in what he thinks about her abilities or her discography? 

This....

I also give some of the Beyhive the side eye when they try to come for Taylor who is an amazing talent even if her live vocals leave a lot to be desired. People will always have some wild views steeped heavily in their bias', personal preferences and tastes. 

Edit: Oh & when they drag Gags

Edited by Otter
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, giRLbye. said:

There's a difference between a few people saying stupid hater **** and an overall consensus opinion. Beyonce doesn't have a legacy known for a weak discography. Very much the opposite and too many receipts to support it. Not idiots on a pOdCaSt.

There's also a difference between random idiots on a podcast and industry people on a podcast or radio where that sentiment has far reach. It seeps into conversation. 

Edited by carameldelight
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, carameldelight said:

There's also a difference between random idiots on a podcast and industry people on a podcast or radio where that sentiment has far reach. It seeps into conversation. 

sweetie....beyonce made history as the most decorated artist for the highest award in music. Stop the paranoia.

2 hours ago, carameldelight said:

You're not lying.  Thats the go to for Beyonce, that she has no hits or doesn't have the catalogue.  Was a huge discussion point when everyone was talking about potential verzus competition for example.

I just decided that if Bey wants that to be her legacy, so be it.  She wont course correct until the GP not knowing her songs impacts tour sales.

Edited by Blumoon
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Otter said:

This....

I also give some of the Beyhive the side eye when they try to come for Taylor who is an amazing talent even if her live vocals leave a lot to be desired. People will always have some wild views steeped heavily in their bias', personal preferences and tastes. 

The Taylor vs Beyonce stan war is so tired, namely because we've been here before with any number of pop stars from Adele to Rihanna.  Truthfully it's a testament to Beyonce's staying power and her continued relevance, but tired nonetheless.

They're nothing alike as artists and the only similarity they have is they're both on mega successful tours most artists can only ever dream of. But stans can't bear the thought of anyone being perceived as better than their fave or being liked more because they need to be validated in their own love of an artist. Very weird tbh.

8 minutes ago, Blumoon said:

You're not lying.  Thats the go to for Beyonce, that she has no hits or doesn't have the catalogue.  Was a huge discussion point when everyone was talking about potential verzus competition for example.

This feels silly though. Her DC-4 catalogue is packed full of ubiquitous hits everyone knows. Just naming things off the top of my head

Say My Name

Bills Bills Bills

Survivor

Independent Women

Bootylicious

Lose my Breath

Crazy in Love

Baby Boy

Irreplaceable 

Ring the Alarm

If I Were a Boy

Single Ladies

Halo

Run the World

Love on Top

This isn't even including anything beyond 4 or any of her hit features. Many artists would literally murder someone for this many hits over an entire lifetime and she did it in like 10 years

Edited by ShouldersSideways
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

The Taylor vs Beyonce stan war is so tired, namely because we've been here before with any number of pop stars from Adele to Rihanna.  Truthfully it's a testament to Beyonce's staying power and her continued relevance, but tired nonetheless.

They're nothing alike as artists and the only similarity they have is they're both on mega successful tours most artists can only ever dream of. But stans can't bear the thought of anyone being perceived as better than their fave or being liked more because they need to be validated in their own love of an artist. Very weird tbh.

As I was exiting the stadium, this white woman asked her 10 year old daughter who was better live as they went to both shows (she said Bey :eli:). I was just put off why would she even ask that? I don't get where it's coming from... no one even compared the two even during Lemmy/Reputation when Bey was getting outsold on all fronts commercially. :rip: 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.