Beyoncé

Kisuke

3 minutes ago, Otter said:

Having the music >>> random commercials and soundcloud snippets :biblio:

I must be one of the lucky ones because although she's been MIA(something I've accepted since October so minimised frustration), the album has been such an event in my circle, our pre-drinks... :WAP:

...and every time we go out they're playing her new music in the clubs (gay clubs FYI), something that hasn't happened since DrIL. Around launch it was BMS/Alien, Now its Cuff It/Pure. Hopefully Heated/Virgo get their moment in the Sun too. 

Yeah let’s forget the SB :sistrens: that alone was huge for us in 2013. 

• Replies 111k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

2 minutes ago, bijonse said:

Saying she doesn’t care about her fans is a bit shady yes, i get the frustration but like I said, 2013 was worse and then we got self titled. Unfortunately the more stressed we are the more she delivers :weeps:

Hmm interesting. I'll think about it cauE I honestly just see it as a matter of fact based on her actions. Someone who cares about their fans imho provides opportunities for every fan to consume and shows visibility. With Bey tho, everything is this exclusive package and rare af.

12 minutes ago, Shelter said:

She wasn’t limping til she got off the stage. 

she was already limping during the DRIL performance 

1 minute ago, Otter said:

There was an interview where they said they would debut new music from her. It came and went and everyone was confused... Turns out it had jealous' instrumental in the background
:bibliahh:

Wish I could be bothered to find the OG link

What was it for? I watched chime for change too thinking the new music was gonna debut there cuz it was gonna have hella viewers and then NADA. She’s SICK :lmao: loves to make us wait 

6 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Hmm interesting. I'll think about it cauE I honestly just see it as a matter of fact based on her actions. Someone who cares about their fans imho provides opportunities for every fan to consume and shows visibility. With Bey tho, everything is this exclusive package and rare af.

I think she just cares about other things more like how she manages her image/art. The fans have everything they need. Albums, film, documtary galore. She doesn't have to give everything away at every opprtunity. Are people here genuinely doubting that we won't get visuals and more in due time? 

9 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Do you care about her?  

Historically, she has put more effort into her career and the output of her content than most other artists and popstars.  She did so more than her relationship according to songs and interviews.

Now she’s older with three kids.  Yes, she could do interviews and performances but when has she not Wowed us with her projects?  The only time is EIL.  

I get being frustrated but you attack her and her marriage calling her paranoid about her husband cheating and not caring about her fans.  Taylor arguably doesnt care about her fans; she cares about her numbers.  

8 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

She stopped doing all that when she had blue and I don’t think she’s gonna go back to doing appearances everywhere. Like if that’s what you want I think you’re better off letting go of Miss Knowles Carter because it’s been 10 years of her being elusive and it bothers you real bad. She’s gonna do what she wanna do on her timing, artists that worry about pleasing every fans whim all the time end up putting out garbage :lmao:

She has more kids than all her peers and shes married. I mean c’mon.

Then you have people claiming one of her kids may have special needs.

18 minutes ago, Otter said:

Having the music >>> random commercials and soundcloud snippets :biblio:

I must be one of the lucky ones because although she's been MIA(something I've accepted since October so minimised frustration), the album has been such an event in my circle, our pre-drinks... :WAP:

...and every time we go out they're playing her new music in the clubs (gay clubs FYI), something that hasn't happened since DrIL. Around launch it was BMS/Alien, Now its Cuff It/Pure. Hopefully Heated/Virgo get their moment in the Sun too. 

I agree! At least we have the music. Chaos aside, we have literal confirmation of incoming components of the era too (additional acts, tour,...more). 

I think the girls do a lot of revisionist history when it comes to 2013. Absolutely nothing made sense about her antics and I was actually worried that she was struggling to find her footing.

The girls routinely forget that sis was NOT coming off a blockbuster era with 4. And though she definitely ended that era better than it started (thanks to baby announcement and organic success of LOT), there was still a lot of chaos and uncertainty. It was her first album to not score a top 10, didn't sell by the bucketload etc. Blue's birth bought her "celebrity" more time, but musically...as a top tier MPG...there was a lot riding on what ended up being ST. People take the ballsiness of the surprise drop as some kind of genius plan that was conceived as such from the get go. But for me, 2013 was her figuring ish tf out. I can't be convinced that she wasn't entertaining the idea of another Pop girl album (hence Grown Woman and Standing On The Sun). She felt the creative pull of something deeper, edgier, and more rebellious and followed its trajectory. But I can't even be convinced that she was sure that the right move. Hence the Soundcloud snippets, cloud of confusion etc.

All this re-cements the fact that it's all about how strong you finish (in terms of what people remember). Which is why, in this middle period of the Ren era, I'm not as fussed as some of the girls tearing their hair out. If there wasn't the mentioned tour, performances, and visuals to come and sis was chilling, then I'd be worried. But when I know multiple gags are around the corner, I can't be so totally demoralized in the way others are. 

1 hour ago, Shelter said:

Those events came and went. 

Her album and/or videos weren’t out yet.

She wasnt being honored with no awards last year.  This isnt 2006 where she has to perform to get people’s attention and notice.  

7 minutes ago, bijonse said:

She stopped doing all that when she had blue and I don’t think she’s gonna go back to doing appearances everywhere. Like if that’s what you want I think you’re better off letting go of Miss Knowles Carter because it’s been 10 years of her being elusive and it bothers you real bad. She’s gonna do what she wanna do on her timing, artists that worry about pleasing every fans whim all the time end up putting out garbage :lmao:

Well as I said, im done expecting things from her cause like you just said, this Beyonce is gone. It is important to not tho that it's totally fine how people feel with this era so far. 

And we are not talking performing at multiple shows, doing interviews or so. Fans are literally just begging her to be more accessible and perform at least once for her fans :rip:

we are talking about the bare minimum here. Nobody expects her to do a promo run a la Doja Cat or so

I was kinda part of the 'GP' back in 2013 :skull: Was totally clueless to stuff like this. I didn't start stanning stanning her until after I became obsessed with Blow

God I miss those days 

6 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

I agree! At least we have the music. Chaos aside, we have literal confirmation of incoming components of the era too (additional acts, tour,...more). 

I think the girls do a lot of revisionist history when it comes to 2013. Absolutely nothing made sense about her antics and I was actually worried that she was struggling to find her footing.

The girls routinely forget that sis was NOT coming off a blockbuster era with 4. And though she definitely ended that era better than it started (thanks to baby announcement and organic success of LOT), there was still a lot of chaos and uncertainty. It was her first album to not score a top 10, didn't sell by the bucketload etc. Blue's birth bought her "celebrity" more time, but musically...as a top tier MPG...there was a lot riding on what ended up being ST. People take the ballsiness of the surprise drop as some kind of genius plan that was conceived as such from the get go. But for me, 2013 was her figuring ish tf out. I can't be convinced that she wasn't entertaining the idea of another Pop girl album (hence Grown Woman and Standing On The Sun). She felt the creative pull of something deeper, edgier, and more rebellious and followed its trajectory. But I can't even be convinced that she was sure that the right move. Hence the Soundcloud snippets, cloud of confusion etc.

All this re-cements the fact that it's all about how strong you finish (in terms of what people remember). Which is why, in this middle period of the Ren era, I'm not as fussed as some of the girls tearing their hair out. If there wasn't the mentioned tour, performances, and visuals to come and sis was chilling, then I'd be worried. But when I know multiple gags are around the corner, I can't be so totally demoralized in the way others are. 

Exactly. I can tell who was really stanning back then, 2013 was realllll bad for us :jonny5:

11 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

But honest truth here: What makes u sure the visuals are still coming?

43 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

But honest question: Is it shady when I say she doesnt care for her fans based on her actions in the 2020s? Cause in my opinion, its just a fact and not being shady. I don't feel like thats me whining.

I'm not a Be stan, but I do like her a lot and have seen her live more times than any other artist. As an outsider, I don't think that 'she doesn't care for her fans' is actually true. She's simply not living her life based on what her fans want her to do, which is completely different from not caring. Yes, she could be doing so much more to make y'all happy. No, that's not her problem nor her goal in life. 

Just now, AxelFox said:

I was kinda part of the 'GP' back in 2013 :skull: Was totally clueless to stuff like this. I didn't start stanning stanning her until after I became obsessed with Blow

God I miss those days 

On the one hand, whew at the amount you missed (her imperial phase of omnipresent promo), but on the other what an interesting time to start stanning. 

As a fan from the literal first DC era (even though I was hella young), it's so intriguing gauging all the different stan pockets Bey has. It's really mind-blowing. From the DC stans who are more casual about her solo ish, to the longtime diehards, and the young-ish girls who hopped on from Self Titled onwards. The latter pocket is most interesting, cus to me it's all at once her most critically-acclaimed frame but (prior to Ren) is her least "Beyonce"-sounding music. it's probably why I don't get how so many of the girls swear up and down that ST and/or Lemonade are her best pieces of work. Iconic as they are (particularly their eras), they are the least sounding "Beyonce" albums to me (in terms of what she represents holistically).

That said, to even be able to battle it out using one person's discography speaks to how iconic and mass-appealing she is overall. 

7 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Well as I said, im done expecting things from her cause like you just said, this Beyonce is gone. It is important to not tho that it's totally fine how people feel with this era so far. 

And we are not talking performing at multiple shows, doing interviews or so. Fans are literally just begging her to be more accessible and perform at least once for her fans :rip:

we are talking about the bare minimum here. Nobody expects her to do a promo run a la Doja Cat or so

She gives us 100x more than the bare minimum with the actual content though. it’s just a matter of time before everything comes together, like I said you either gotta be patient or be pissed and then piss everyone else off with your constant frustration 

Speaking of, that song had such a big impact on my life if I think about it. It indirectly influenced my personality and development as a young adult a LOT. 

Until that point I was a very generic type of guy listening to whatever was currently popular at the time, was very into Katy Perry back then and generally listened to mainstream top40. Would rarely touch older music even though I had a huge CD collection from my childhood. After Blow I became very interested in disco and funk music, therefor discovering the likes of Donna Summer, Be Gees etc, and as a result of that more and more older music from before the times I was born. Today more than half of my iTunes library is stuff pre 2000s.

It also sparked a sexual awakening of some sorts, in the way I gravitate a lot towards more sexual songs now than before. If you asked me back in 2013 what my favorite Beyonce songs were I would have said Sweet Dreams (was my no1 for YEARS :skull: ), Crazy In Love, If I were a Boy.. now my top5 is literally all sex jams: Blow, Virgo's Groove, Naughty Girl, Partition and Dance For You :ahh: 

6 hours ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

yeah if bey isn’t performing but jay out of all people is… i’m k wording myself in front of her and take her ass right with me to hell 
tumblr_inline_o93d1eVzIa1riuxno_500.gif

I’ll be right there with you

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, bijonse said:

She gives us 100x more than the bare minimum with the actual content though. it’s just a matter of time before everything comes together, like I said you either gotta be patient or be pissed and then piss everyone else off with your constant frustration 

You have to agree tho: Ms Bey is doing this all to herself cause no one told her to release unfinished content. I would've preferred a ready-to-go rollout this year compared to the mess we have now.

3 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

You have to agree tho: Ms Bey is doing this all to herself cause no one told her to release unfinished content. I would've preferred a ready-to-go rollout this year compared to the mess we have now.

Doing what to herself? Renaissance success is kind of unprecedented in pop girls 25th year in the industry. Only Diana ross, madonna and shakira have this kind of longevity 

spacer.png

Edited by bijonse

3 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

On the one hand, whew at the amount you missed (her imperial phase of omnipresent promo), but on the other what an interesting time to start stanning. 

As a fan from the literal first DC era (even though I was hella young), it's so intriguing gauging all the different stan pockets Bey has. It's really mind-blowing. From the DC stans who are more casual about her solo ish, to the longtime diehards, and the young-ish girls who hopped on from Self Titled onwards. The latter pocket is most interesting, cus to me it's all at once her most critically-acclaimed frame but (prior to Ren) is her least "Beyonce"-sounding music. it's probably why I don't get how so many of the girls swear up and down that ST and/or Lemonade are her best pieces of work. Iconic as they are (particularly their eras), they are the least sounding "Beyonce" albums to me (in terms of what she represents holistically).

That said, to even be able to battle it out using one person's discography speaks to how iconic and mass-appealing she is overall. 

Hm I wouldn't say I missed out necesarrily, because she's always been someone I liked growing up. Starting with Survior I got every one of her CDs when they came out (except for 4 which I got later down the line as I was more into other acts at that time). I saw most if not all her award show performances over the years and a lot of tv show performances too, but I wasn't following her as closely. She came in my country in 2007 and I begged my mom to take me to the concert but we couldn't afford it at the time. The idea of 'stanning' someone was foreign to me until 2013 when I was very into Katy perry and due to the whole roar vs applause fiasco I started looking up stuff online and came across forums and the rest is history lmao. That's when I started following celebirties more closely and being up to date with whatever my favorites were up to lol.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.