Beyoncé

Kisuke

I'm probably being delulu but I kinda feel like Bodyguard might have the last laugh. It's sounds like such a breezy summer hit.

But who am I kidding, that would require at least a little bit of effort and promo that she would not do.

moo.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 110.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

1 hour ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

As u know, Ms Kuwa dont play around and is the First to drag Ms Giselle, however realistically speaking, everyone was aware of Taylor's drop and her pull. To actively push a new song knowing shed swallow all media coverage was bound to be a losing game, so for them potentially slowly pushing Bodyguard now makes a lot of sense. I truly hope they actively do send Bodyguard to radios and use it in ads and such a bit more often, or else, well... back to square one aka me calling her all kinds of names

:suburban:

Wait this is true. I have some hope now. 

:ryan3:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sillycilla said:

Beyoncé doesn't get enough credit and praise for being an Executive Producer. Her albums are so seamless and includes different sounds within the same album while still telling the story. It is all bc of her. 

no you're so right. I think Jon Batiste and other collaborators over the years have hinted at this, like the "Hold Up" situation, but one of Beyoncé's greatest talents is the ability to take different, unique pieces and put them together to create a sonic experience like no one else. even within a song you can hear it, and for her albums,... she is an album artist after all.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, sillycilla said:

Beyoncé doesn't get enough credit and praise for being an Executive Producer. Her albums are so seamless and includes different sounds within the same album while still telling the story. It is all bc of her. 

Yes!

Tbh all the production roles are things she DOES NOT get enough credit for: Executive Production [music] Production, and Vocal Production.

I don't think people realize what a talent it is to be your own vocal producer, when some of the biggest names/best voices rely on vocal producers to help them push out the best vocal performance not just in skill but for how it will sound/feel on the finished record. There's so much thought that can go into it that we take for granted because we hear the final version and then think it must have always been/needed to sound that way.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, kimberly said:

no you're so right. I think Jon Batiste and other collaborators over the years have hinted at this, like the "Hold Up" situation, but one of Beyoncé's greatest talents is the ability to take different, unique pieces and put them together to create a sonic experience like no one else. even within a song you can hear it, and for her albums,... she is an album artist after all.

I mean, no matter the genre, Beys records always sound uniquely Beyonce. We as fans can ALWAYS hear HER.

When u look at others like the white girl, it literally sounds like an Antonoff production. The fact that everyone agrees is so telling tbh

• Like 2

Give II Most Wanted a chance but by May 1 BODYGUARD better be sent to radio ms Gisselle 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KingBeyonce. said:

I'm probably being delulu but I kinda feel like Bodyguard might have the last laugh. It's sounds like such a breezy summer hit.

But who am I kidding, that would require at least a little bit of effort and promo that she would not do.

moo.png

2 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

Give II Most Wanted a chance but by May 1 BODYGUARD better be sent to radio ms Gisselle 

when she sends it to radio as fall starts up and the streams have died down instead

• Haha 2

Ugh, why didn't they push Bodyguard on release?  It should have had that TTH #1 placement

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

Ugh, why didn't they push Bodyguard on release?  It should have had that TTH #1 placement

Because they probably knew its better to do that 2 weeks after Taylor's release. Honestly, I like it better. I feel rejuvenated towards CC and especially Bodyguard hearing that bad album and seeing that beautiful Cecred ad on insta. My shady and promo-sensitive ass is REJOICING

Edited by Kristie Kuwa
  • Haha 1

I'm on tenterhooks when it comes to Bodyguard. 

It's literally perfection and a surefire hit **if** she/the label light a match under it, but I worry that it may be another casualty of the "everything is baked into the visuals" situation that is ongoing. Alongside Alien, Heated, etc. 

I don't doubt that the visuals will be fire, but missing out on these "gee pee" moments because of it is a tough pill to swallow. 

Manifesting some kind of Cuff it viral moment for it. Because I struggle to see the label committing to playlisting, a radio push, and promo in the way they would for a pre-album single. As standard-fare as that is for "working" a track for other acts, Bey's whole prioritization with the optics of not "looking" like she's "trying" really makes me think they'll simply be content with the album selling 100k (give or take a few thousand copies) each week and embracing the "album artist" she factually is.

Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 2

I can see how the Miley record could have had legs of its own (in an alternate universe). and maybe it will make a comeback and take off at some point. But yeah, let's go full throttle on Bodyguard starting May 1st.

There's absolutely no reason Most Wanted shouldn't be a hit. It's so good!

• Like 3

If she cared, she'd be able to release both "BODYGUARD" and "II MOST WANTED" at the same time, because she's not going to doing anything but approve single covers and go about her day. It'll will be the fans and most of the general public to push the song they like the most.

Unfortunately, one of will have to die in the other one's crossfire. I would've said IIMW would become the top 10 hit easily (beautiful song, white country starlet duet for America, Miley's fan base and gp popularity), but I'm thinking the core fan base is leaning more so towards "BODYGUARD" and clearly she see it and agrees.

I just don't see her releasing the singing or Columbia pressuring her to release anytime soon. Ideal date would've been release day. With the piss poor reception to Tay's album, it would've still be thriving now. I don't see it as a summer smash, but i think it may due well considering who else releases summer hits. 

She's literally trying to move Cécred units than acknowledge the album beyond Instagram. 

If they do push II Most Wanted it should be in the fall/winter. Bodyguard and Levii's Jeans would be better for the summer. And pushing II Most Wanted later will align well with the Grammys so they can perform it there.

• Haha 1

The way Bey is benefitting from the fiasco of *that* album release and reception. Somehow she always stays here and I CAN STAND IT

23 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

The way Bey is benefitting from the fiasco of *that* album release and reception. Somehow she always stays here and I CAN STAND IT

How exactly is Bey benefiting?

Why do I feel Beyoncé is going to submit American Requeim for SOTY at the grammys'.

YA YA doesn't feel right without listening to the Linda Martell show first. Her voice is so soothing, I love it. 

Yes indeed... It's called... YA YA :)

5 hours ago, BGKC said:

I don't love Bodyguard tbh. It's ok, very much easy to listen to.. her vocals kind of throw me off here and there tho, like those moans and groans sound a little too deep and hearty on an otherwise soft song. The belts sound good at the closing of the song, but it's those ascending riffs that lead and end the chorus that give me flashback's to the first time I took 10+ inches 

spacer.png

Get some taste

but we need some Spotify payola 

She's really letting the album rot while she sells and promotes Cécrilege to the masses, huh.

Most Wanted would've done good had there been a video out, A Thelma and Louise inspired vid. This is what is killing potential singles, there is nothing to create the hype and push them. 

• Thanks 6

1 minute ago, Shelter said:

Most Wanted would've done good had there been a video out, A Thelma and Louise inspired vid. This is what is killing potential singles, there is nothing to create the hype and push them. 

I think of that movie everytime!

• Like 1

I want danceyonce back. I saw a clip of her eating Daddy Lessons on the Formation tour on Twitter. I am glad, like Fatima suggested, Bey toned it down to take care of her self. But I'm not done with danceyonce. I need at least 6 bomb 8 counts on the next tour. 😫

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.