HDD FINAL: ADELE 284k, Taylor 102k

ALA

1 minute ago, Headlock said:

Lmao of you think anti-bitch was your bases’ only troll :gaycat6:

When did you join ATRL again? Because the release of 25 tells a whoooooole different story to this :toofunny2:

Dele2125 is a Katy stan whom I have barely seen in the base. Supertiffany prior to 30 was doing comparison threads that even has him favoring Swift. Who else? 

i joined the forum in 2017 but I have been lurking since 2015 and yes I’m aware of the chaos during the 25 release. But there wasnt exactly of a stan war of this scale until the 30 era (unless you mean the OTHs riding Adele during that time- which is understandable for the Swifties’ paranoia regarding Adele). Outside of that, Daydreamers arent hating on Tay nor trolling but actually even supporting. Prior to 30, I even know a lot of Swfitie-Daydreamer multis on Twitter and Atrl. 

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• Gaia

• Virtual_Insanity

9 minutes ago, Gaia said:

NONE of anything in that post said the pandemic started in July of 2020. Girl, reading comprehension. PLEASE :deadbanana2: 

Grocery/Retail never closed with the pandemic shut downs starting in March 2020.

Folklore was released in July of 2020 and the user I was quoting said Folklore sales were impacted from retail stores not being open due to the pandemic. I did not state the pandemic started in July 2020.

There HAVE been more COVID deaths in the US in 2021 than in 2020, indicating COVID has still been a very real issue. So "Folklore was released during the pandemic" is not an excuse when everything released this year, has also been released during the pandemic.

Reading. Comprehension.

That user specifically said “the summer of 2020” and you responded saying “retail was open at the start of the pandemic” to negate their argument. What don’t you understand about this :deadbanana4:

Also why did you never respond to my post detailing why saying Folklore was released in the pandemic is a valid argument? :turkey: Here it is: 

On 11/29/2021 at 10:28 PM, Headlock said:

July wasn't the start of the pandemic :gaycat6:

What stores was Folklore being sold in in July 2020 :gaycat6:

Did you miss the part about mass vaccinations and nearly all restrictions and closures being lifted :gaycat6:

Folklore was literally called a pandemic album, in fact the quintessential one:

Acknowledging it was released during the pandemic is not an excuse, it's a factual detail. Adele's album is not referred to as a lockdown album, because we are not in lockdown. COVID is still raging, but the world's perception is not like it was a year ago, as we are now in the vaccination process. We did not have vaccines in July 2020. The outlook was entirely different.

back on topic tho....

260k us 2nd week

+100k uk 2nd week

miss adkins coming for a +500k 2nd week WW

I think it can clear 3M before the year ends :WAP:

8 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

right? the excuses here are hillarious. like - you have to know swifties are the worst fandom even if you're one of them :deadbanana2: it's one thing to defend taylor but to defend the fan base... a choice!

when 30 was released, we had to deal with swifties trashing 30/adele on the base and on the album thread while we wouldn't speak a word in the redtv thread :coffee2:

why we have to be the ones acting kind when you guys wouldn't even leave us alone in our own space. you guys picked the one singer y'all shouldn't to compare to taylor so it's on y'all.

Do you have one original argument? All you do is co-sign other people’s posts :toofunny2:

13 minutes ago, Gaia said:

That's not saying the pandemic started in the summer. I'm screaming at the literal nonsense and lack of reading comprehension by Swifties. Maybe stop obsessing over Taylor Swift easter eggs and read some books :deadbanana2: 

I’m genuinely asking this nicely: is English you first language? Because you seem to not understand what context is in relation to conversations.

The (fake) Adele stans in here crying wolf is so funny. You can't lash and then whine when it comes back to bite you in the butt :priceless: 

Either way, again, that's a cute number for Adele's second week, but nothing overly impressive considering it was Black Friday week and very much expected. What's REALLY concerning are the lackluster SEA numbers outside of EOM.

Edited by The Music Industry

That user specifically said “the summer of 2020” and you responded saying “retail was open at the start of the pandemic” to negate their argument. What don’t you understand about this :deadbanana4:

Also why did you never respond to my post detailing why saying Folklore was released in the pandemic is a valid argument? :turkey: Here it is: 

I stopped reading the second I saw "July wasn't the start of the pandemic" because I knew it was going to be nonsense.

What that user posted is irrelevant. I did not say anywhere in my post that pandemic started in July of 2020. You guys are literally putting words in people's mouths and it's honestly pathetic.

I said retail stores were open since the start of the pandemic - which they were. Neither Target nor Walmart closed as they are needed for groceries. I never stated this start was in July.

I specifically stated later that those stores were open in July 2020, Folklore's release date. I don't know or care when it was actually released to retail, but I know that retail stores that sell albums (Target, Walmart, etc.) were open since the start of shutdowns in March. So that reasoning made 0 sense.

Vaccinations and restrictions don't matter because retails stores that sold albums were. still. open.

Christ :deadbanana4:

I was right not to read it the first time.

I’m genuinely asking this nicely: is English you first language? Because you seem to not understand what context is in relation to conversations.

a new low for this thread

The (fake) Adele stans in here crying wolf is so funny. You can't lash and then whine when it comes back to bite you in the butt :priceless:

5 minutes ago, Marianah Adkins said:

Dele2125 is a Katy stan whom I have barely seen in the base. Supertiffany prior to 30 was doing comparison threads that even has him favoring Swift. Who else? 

i joined the forum in 2017 but I have been lurking since 2015 and yes I’m aware of the chaos during the 25 release. But there wasnt exactly of a stan war of this scale until the 30 era (unless you mean the OTHs riding Adele during that time- which is understandable for the Swifties’ paranoia regarding Adele). Outside of that, Daydreamers arent hating on Tay nor trolling but actually even supporting. Prior to 30, I even know a lot of Swfitie-Daydreamer multis on Twitter and Atrl. 

Agenor “Olivia Coleman gif” is one too :gaycat6:

I agree most Daydreamers are chill, but so are a lot of Swifties. There’s many posters who literally only post in the Taylor base thread/album threads that couldn’t care less about any of this stan war nonsense.

So again, neither side is innocent.

1 minute ago, family.guy123 said:

well it was to be expected. swifties never fail in getting nasty :biblio:

3 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

that's why nobody likes you guys :deadbanana2:the world doesn't spin around taylor. why the thought of adele having actual fans bother you so much? 

20 minutes ago, Gaia said:

NONE of anything in that post said the pandemic started in July of 2020. Girl, reading comprehension. PLEASE :deadbanana2: 

Grocery/Retail never closed with the pandemic shut downs starting in March 2020.

Folklore was released in July of 2020 and the user I was quoting said Folklore sales were impacted from retail stores not being open due to the pandemic. I did not state the pandemic started in July 2020.

There HAVE been more COVID deaths in the US in 2021 than in 2020, indicating COVID has still been a very real issue. So "Folklore was released during the pandemic" is not an excuse when everything released this year, has also been released during the pandemic.

Reading. Comprehension.

omg shut the **** up

the way you’re dumbing yourself down just for quick lol trolling posts :rip: covid in 2020 isn’t the same as 2021. why the **** are you LYING?

it’s not about stats!!11 like it’s some billboard chart?!? it’s about how new it was, how dangerous, how unknown and how we didn’t have a vaccine perhaps? **** you’re FRYING your brain just for adele? :rip: 

5 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

right? the excuses here are hillarious. like - you have to know swifties are the worst fandom even if you're one of them :deadbanana2: it's one thing to defend taylor but to defend the fan base... a choice!

when 30 was released, we had to deal with swifties trashing  30/adele on the base and on album thread while we wouldn't speak a word in the redtv thread :coffee2:

why we have to be the ones acting kind when y'all wouldn't even leave us alone in our own space,

12 minutes ago, Marianah Adkins said:

Those fans who have been publishing troll threads only became aggressive and trollish after Swifties unleashed a flood of troll threads and posts in the 30 album thread. The lone “troll” that we even have prior to this week was even banned before the release :rip: (after getting baited on by a troll thread made by a Swiftie, how surprising).

This is certainly a LIE when I can find multiple posts and threads where you all kiki'd with OTHs and openly shame Taylor, calling swifties "toxic" and stuffs. And now you wanna play Innocent?!? :clown:

1 minute ago, Starstruck. said:

omg shut the **** up

the way you’re dumbing yourself down just for quick lol trolling posts :rip: covid in 2020 isn’t the same as 2021. why the **** are you LYING?

it’s not about stats!!11 like it’s some billboard chart?!? it’s about how new it was, how dangerous, how unknown and how we didn’t have a vaccine perhaps? **** you’re FRYING your brain just for adele? :rip: 

:lmao: 

38 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

They're a joke at this point :deadbanana4: the credibility is on the floor

And the way so many of them are fake :deadbanana4: they (delusional users like "The Music Industry") always pretend that Adele fans/supporters/stans are fake because they can't STAND that Adele has more support than their cult fave. 

Why aren't we allowed to like Adele and her music? What's their problem?

32 minutes ago, chiliam said:

At least Adele will dissapear soon and become a non factor in the next 8 years while Taylor will continue to slay the decade.

In your DREAMS.

21 minutes ago, Harry said:

are we gonna pretend 260k is good for Adele her standard?

it's a tank your honor

For her second week? It's delusion your honor

Edited by rihannabiggestfan

6 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

4 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

well it was to be expected. swifties never fail in getting nasty :biblio:

That person literally stans Morgan. But sure, side with whomever you can, quickly! :clown:

Just now, Starstruck. said:

omg shut the **** up

The way Swifties are acting like COVID isn't still affecting the world today is...beyond sad and pathetic. Why is the US government now recommending booster shots for those vaccinated if everything in the world was solved from the vaccines? Why did many states go back to tighter restrictions despite the vaccinations? Why is majority of Europe going back into shutdowns?

You guys minimizing COVID in 2021 is literally...insane.

2 minutes ago, Gaia said:

I stopped reading the second I saw "July wasn't the start of the pandemic" because I knew it was going to be nonsense.

What that user posted is irrelevant. I did not say anywhere in my post that pandemic started in July of 2020. You guys are literally putting words in people's mouths and it's honestly pathetic.

I said retail stores were open since the start of the pandemic - which they were. Neither Target nor Walmart closed as they are needed for groceries. I never stated this start was in July.

I specifically stated later that those stores were open in July 2020, Folklore's release date. I don't know or care when it was actually released to retail, but I know that retail stores that sell albums (Target, Walmart, etc.) were open since the start of shutdowns in March. So that reasoning made 0 sense.

Vaccinations and restrictions don't matter because retails stores that sold albums were. still. open.

Christ :deadbanana4:

I was right not to read it the first time.

So you really don’t understand what context means then, alrighty then. Let’s try and work this out. Here is your post on question:

On 11/29/2021 at 7:41 PM, Gaia said:

Retail stores were open during the start of the pandemic :deadbanana2: People still got groceries and went shopping in 2020. What even is this excuse?

Restrictions didn't include grocery (Target, Walmart, etc.) stores. Sorry but her album was not any less available due to COVID. What stores were closed in July of 2020 that stunted her sales?

No one is playing dumb, just not falling for any dumb excuses. COVID was as real in 2020 as it is in 2021.

There were more US deaths from COVID in 2021 than 2020. Again, stop using COVID as an excuse. It's still very real and honestly pathetic.

Notice how you are responding to someone explicitly saying “the summer of 2020”, in reference to Folklore’s release date, and you begin by saying to start of the pandemic stores were open. You then say therefore Folklore’s sales wouldn’t be affected (which is just incorrect because there were no physicals but whatever).

Again I’m not sure if English is your first language but this is basic syntax and context here.

And did you gloss over the entire part of my comment where so explained literally how Folklore is referred to as the quintessential pandemic album, and therefore it is valid to bring up the pandemic in response to it in a way that doing so for Adele isn’t :gaycat6:

2 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

that's why nobody likes you guys :deadbanana2:the world doesn't spin around taylor. why the thought of adele having actual fans bother you so much? 

It's a fact that MANY people here and on social media in general do not "stan" Adele but still used her to drag Taylor in the last few weeks. I never said Adele doesn't have real fans, you're just projecting your weird fantasies here. I don't know you or who you stan but assuming it's Adele it's honestly quite concerning that the vast majority of your posts are about "the Swifties!!!!!". Like just enjoy Adele's album then? It's as if you don't realize you're only making this worse :skull:

1 minute ago, Rep2000 said:

This is certainly a LIE when I can find multiple posts and threads where you all kiki'd with OTHs and openly shame Taylor, calling swifties "toxic" and stuffs. And now you wanna play Innocent?!? :clown:

This was after the Swifties have already attacked Adele after she released 30 :rip:

Prior to that, Daydreamers could barely give a damn about stan wars. Most of us actually like Swift or her music atleast (until the constant trolling by Swifties happened). Even on Twitter, the Adele stans there who used to like Tay went full OTH after Swifties spammed every Adele twitter thread that existed. And apparently, we’re the ones who started it?

Great holds for both artists :clap3:

Taylor is obviously suffering from a high demand for physicals but a low supply,

and Adele is suffering lower than expected streams in comparison to how well EOM is doing. But overall they’re both doing amazing and literally no one else in the industry is touching either of them when it comes to commercial success :clap3: 

Just now, The Music Industry said:

It's a fact that MANY people here and on social media in general do not "stan" Adele but still used her to drag Taylor in the last few weeks. I never said Adele doesn't have real fans, you're just projecting your weird fantasies here. I don't know you or who you stan but assuming it's Adele it's honestly quite concerning that the vast majority of your posts are about "the Swifties!!!!!". Like just enjoy Adele's album then? It's as if you don't realize you're only making this worse :skull:

No worry about that, as the person who quoted is not a real Adele fan either in the first place. :gaycat6: Just check his/her/their post history.

9 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

I literally am genuinely asking, because that’s the only explanation I can think of for them being so stubborn about saying they didn’t say something they literally said :gaycat6:

Also you stan Morgan N-Word Wallen, go away :toofunny2:

So you really don’t understand what context means then, alrighty then. Let’s try and work this out. Here is your post on question:

Notice how you are responding to someone explicitly saying “the summer of 2020”, in reference to Folklore’s release date, and you begin by saying to start of the pandemic stores were open. You then say therefore Folklore’s sales wouldn’t be affected (which is just incorrect because there were no physicals but whatever).

Again I’m not sure if English is your first language but this is basic syntax and context here.

And did you gloss over the entire part of my comment where so explained literally how Folklore is referred to as the quintessential pandemic album, and therefore it is valid to bring up the pandemic in response to it in a way that doing so for Adele isn’t :gaycat6:

So you're still going to continue with this nonsense. The only part of that post specifying Folklore was:

Restrictions didn't include grocery (Target, Walmart, etc.) stores. Sorry but her album was not any less available due to COVID. What stores were closed in July of 2020 that stunted her sales?

The first part was a general statement that retail stores never closed and were open since the start of the pandemic and people were shopping throughout all of 2020. Again, nonsense.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.