H100: Easy On Me 5x #1, Oh My God #5

Renan90

2 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

I would say the one with higher streams will serve better longevity.

Cruel Summer

i hope they enjoy its last week barely doing 1M more than 30 despite a bigger debut + 4 extra tracks

Cruel Summer

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gaia

• georgechxng

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Brando

2 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

barely doing 1M more than

7 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

22.9M streams

20.2M streams

Math isn't your strongest suit, is it

Cruel Summer

Math isn't your strongest suit, is it

Cruel Summer

that's why i said week and not single day. if 30's daily drops remain stable as they have been, it will probably surpass what folklore was doing at the same point by the end of the week.

reading isn't your strongest suit, is it

Cruel Summer

Edited by georgechxng

33 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

3.3M ---> 833k (75% drop)

1.5M ---> 754k (50% drop)

Looks like removal or bundles affected Adele much worse...

:huh: I'm confused... comparing Adele's first week units and Taylor's overall pure sales of the last two albums... :huh:

19 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

that's why i said week and not single day. if 30's daily drops remain stable as they have been, it will probably surpass what folklore was doing at the same point by the end of the week.

reading isn't your strongest suit, is it

Cruel Summer

They are... when people don't include "possible scenarios" with lots of ifs and shoulds about future. I don't take some fanbases's predictions very seriously lately after some unfortunate recent events, like so many predictions about future aging very badly in the last 2-3 weeks etc.

Time is really the ultimate truth teller as some wisdom once said. 

CEiU4qI.gif

16 minutes ago, Agenor said:

:huh: I'm confused... comparing Adele's first week units and Taylor's overall pure sales of the last two albums... :huh:

Would you prefer if i compare 25's first week pure sales to 30's first week sales which... wouldn't help with the point i fear.

But going by Taylor's drop, Adele should sell around 5M pure(50% drop) to somehow show "bundles didn't effect her sales" i guess?

Or would you say... not every album by same artist supposed to have same amount of demand regardless of rule changes? :huh:

Edited by Artistofthedecade

49 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

3.3M ---> 833k (75% drop)

1.5M ---> 754k (50% drop)

hm what do you think you're doing here? If we're going by first week #s of albums released six years apart then

1989 (2014) - 1.3m > Evermore (2020) 329k (75% drop)

They are... when people don't include "possible scenarios" with lots of ifs and shoulds about future. I don't take some fanbases's predictions very seriously lately after some unfortunate recent events, like so many predictions about future aging very badly in the last 2-3 weeks etc.

Time is really the ultimate truth teller as some wisdom once said. 

CEiU4qI.gif

Would you prefer if i compare 25's first week pure sales to 30's first week sales which... wouldn't help with the point i fear.

But going by Taylor's drop, Adele should sell around 5M pure(50% drop) to somehow show "bundles didn't effect her sales" i guess?

Or would you say... not every album by same artist supposed to have same amount of demand regardless of rule changes? :huh:

Did 25 even have bundles?

1 minute ago, Before the Dawn said:

hm what do you think you're doing here? If we're going by first week #s of albums released six years apart then

the DRAG :bibliahh:

And if we're going by total sales, this is Taylor's decline in six years

1989: 6.2m > Evermore: 754k (88% drop)

To match this decline Adele would need to finish at 1.150m sales with 30, which should be doable imo :celestial5:

9 minutes ago, Before the Dawn said:

So now Red TV doesn't count as new release, cool. 

Evermore didn't have physical sales so if we are going with full units to SEA+Digital sales

Adele 3.34M ---> 357k(205k Digital + 152k SEA) (90% drop)

Taylor 1.25M ---> 329k (155k Digital + 167k SEA) (74% drop)

CEiU4qI.gif

9 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

Did 25 even have bundles?

No it didn't, which was my point. 

5 hours ago, Gaia said:

Fan and a stan are two different things. No I don’t stan an artist who comes back every 4-6 years and I’m between just lives her life :toofunny2: 

I like her music and she’s one of the few artists where I own physical copies of her albums. 

I don’t only like the few people in my signature :deadbanana4: Do y’all even TRY to think?

You ain't been acting like just a fan this past week, you've been in full stan mode. Which means if you're not a stan, something else is motivating your fervor in Adele threads :gaycat3:

4 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Evermore didn't have physical sales so if we are going with full units to SEA+Digital sales

CEiU4qI.gif

It was a point very well made. Well done.

19 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

When did Adele ever have bundles? What are you talking about? Why am I pulled into this "bundle" conversation, when all I did was provide the correct pure sales?

giphy-2.gif?resize=480,270&ssl=1

1 hour ago, georgechxng said:

when you put it like that it makes even more embarassing the fact that she will never have an album in the top 10 of the most streamed of all time on spotify. not in the overall category, not in the female category.... guess gloating over debuts with no longevity is all that is left for her. thankfully she still has her +300 songs catalogue to carry her.

Cruel Summer

It's almost like not being on Spotify for three years during her peak has something to do with it, and yet still has caught up and will become the most streamed female on the platform in a year or two

CEiU4qI.gif

You might want to avoid questioning the longevity of Taylor, seeing as she's currently charting 8 albums on the BB200

CEiU4qI.gif

9 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

CEiU4qI.gif

Yeah just remove the freaking pure sales to try to sell a false narrative :deadbanana2: again the 6.6M 1989 sales > to the 700kish from evermore says it all
:cm: if you wanna go the SPS route, feel free to do so but the drop will prob be even bigger.

Edited by georgechxng

1 hour ago, georgechxng said:

when you put it like that it makes even more embarassing the fact that she will never have an album in the top 10 of the most streamed of all time on spotify. not in the overall category, not in the female category.... guess gloating over debuts with no longevity is all that is left for her. thankfully she still has her +300 songs catalogue to carry her.

Cruel Summer

How are you getting to 300 songs :deadbanana4:

Its ~180. ~190 of you count really everything even the stuff that isnt on streaming. (220 if you count both versions of Red and Fearless, which I dont know why you would)

But yes people love her whole catalog and the streams are pretty split. Poor her

3 minutes ago, Headlock said:

It's almost like not being on Spotify for three years during her peak has something to do with it

Not impressed. 25 only got to Spotify 7 months after its release and it's about to become the 10th most streamed female album in the plataform. If Taylor has the demand, I'm sure she should be able to achieve the same.

CEiU4qI.gif

8 minutes ago, Agenor said:

When did Adele ever have bundles?

So you are telling me that Adele's sales dropped even when she didn't use bundles in the first place? So... sales can drop regardless of rules changes like bundles because of many different factors? 

Interesting perspective... Who knows, maybe that also applies to Folklore-Evermore pure sales difference since Evermore also had less hype and streams than Folklore which resulted with it selling less regardless of bundles rules.

CEiU4qI.gif

6 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

Yeah just remove the freaking pure sales to try to sell a false narrative :deadbanana2:

That's not me, that was the person who did compare 1989 and Evermore like they both had pure sales. Wrong qoute i guess.

CEiU4qI.gif

Edited by Artistofthedecade

4 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

Yeah just remove the freaking pure sales to try to sell a false narrative :deadbanana2: again the 6.6M 1989 sales > to the 700kish from evermore says it all
:cm: if you wanna go the SPS route, feel free to do so but the drop will prob be even bigger.

Why in the world are we comparing her peak with her floor (out of 9!!! albums).

Adele only having 4 albums is a massive part of this discussion 

3 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Why in the world are we comparing her peak with her floor (out of 9!!! albums).

Adele only having 4 albums is a massive part of this discussion 

But I was told Taylor was the music industry and the biggest female artist of the country, how come is she on her floor?

CEiU4qI.gif

And the reason for the comparison is pretty reasonable. Miss artistofthedecade used 25's debut from 6 years ago despite pure sales dropping 80% from 2015 to 2021 to try to make a point so in order to keep the discussion fair we should also use an Taylor's album from that period of time :cm:

Edited by georgechxng

11 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

So you are telling me that Adele's sales dropped even when she didn't use bundles in the first place? So... sales can drop regardless of rules changes like bundles because of many different factors? 

Interesting perspective... Who knows, maybe that also applies to Folklore-Evermore pure sales difference since Evermore also had less hype and streams than Folklore which resulted with it selling less regardless of bundles rules.

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

But I was told Taylor was the music industry and the biggest female artist of the industry, how come is she on her floor?

CEiU4qI.gif

And the reason for the comparison is pretty reasonable. Miss artistofthedecade used 25's debut from 6 years ago despite pure sales dropping 80% from 2015 to 2021 to try to make a point so in order to keep the discussion fair we should also use an Taylor's album from that period of time :cm:

Put Adele's peak was 21? But yeah obviously a coincidence that 1989 happened to be Taylors peak. Oops.

And we then cant compare 1989 to folklore or Red TV which for very obvious reasons did better than evermore and Fearless TV? Okay. Sure.

For Taylor we have way more data points. For Adele we dont have that many

Also no SPS wouldnt look worse as 1989 has more than 50% of its units from pure sales and evermore less than 50%. Not sure where 1989 is exactly at though

Edited by simmnfierzig

31 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

Not impressed. 25 only got to Spotify 7 months after its release and it's about to become the 10th most streamed female album in the plataform. If Taylor has the demand, I'm sure she should be able to achieve the same.

CEiU4qI.gif

7 months versus 3 years. Yes those are the same thing

CEiU4qI.gif

5 hours ago, Agenor said:

:huh:

? A 10 minute song with close to 0 airplay only dropping 3 spots is astonishing. 

3 minutes ago, mael said:

? A 10 minute song with close to 0 airplay only dropping 3 spots is astonishing. 

it dropped 50% in one aspect and 70% in another, that's not "impressive" :toofunny2:

and ton of streaming playlisting all over Spotify and AM makes up for that "0 airplay" :coffee2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.