• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gaia

• georgechxng

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Brando

3 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Can one of the Swifties denying bundles inflated Taylor's sales please confirm or deny if Taylor still attaches free digital albums with her non-music related  merchandise as she did with Folklore?

If she received no benefit from it, surely she'd have kept doing it even after Billboard's rule change prohibiting those from counting as album sales.

weird, she stopped giving free music bundle right after Billboard rule change :priceless:

A ten minute song at #4 :clap3:

OMG :clap3: not as good as Camila Cabello's OMG I gotta say, but most songs aren't and it's still great

Mariah #12 already :jonny5: 

Five weeks at #1 and a top 5 debut. If this is an underperformance I'd wish my fave to underperform like that

I open this thread and all I see is people diminishing Taylor's achievements to compliment Adele (and viceversa). So goddamn boring when we should celebrate them both for being miles ahead every one else, including male and female artists, but u do u i guess 

Once again, yes bundles helped. Yes 8 variants helped. What u don't get is that ur faves don't do it not because they are saints, but because they cannot sell 8 variants. Having that huge and dedicated fan base is an achievement, but u will never get that 

evermore sold the amount it sold because it didn't have any physical available first week (unlike folklore, cause when it was released sales counted when they were bought, not when they shipped). All the sales it had were digital. The copies started slowly rolling out 2nd and 3rd week.

Anyways 

OT: congrats Adele on another huge era :clap3: OMG is a bop :katie2:

9 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

weird, she stopped giving free music bundle right after Billboard rule change :priceless:

:dies:

Oh My Smash top 5 :clap3:

Going by Wikipedia (Correct me if I'm wrong swifties)

Folklore has sold 1.3-1.5M physical copies.

Evermore has sold 700-800k physical copies

I mean :rip: If this is true its pretty self-explanatory 

7 minutes ago, itsjem said:

I open this thread and all I see is people diminishing Taylor's achievements to compliment Adele (and viceversa). So goddamn boring when we should celebrate them both for being miles ahead every one else, including male and female artists, but u do u i guess 

Once again, yes bundles helped. Yes 8 variants helped. What u don't get is that ur faves don't do it not because they are saints, but because they cannot sell 8 variants. Having that huge and dedicated fan base is an achievement, but u will never get that 

evermore sold the amount it sold because it didn't have any physical available first week (unlike folklore, cause when it was released sales counted when they were bought, not when they shipped). All the sales it had were digital. The copies started slowly rolling out 2nd and 3rd week.

Anyways 

This literally wouldn't be the case if Swifties haven't been coming for Adele ALL week just because a some haters "hid behind adele" and called her "the real music industry"

Insecurity at its finest.

Most genuine adele fans are just defending her from Swifties who got triggered by people who don't even like her.

Edited by Gaia

22 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Going by Wikipedia (Correct me if I'm wrong swifties)

Folklore has sold 1.3-1.5M physical copies.

Evermore has sold 700-800k physical copies

I mean :rip: If this is true its pretty self-explanatory 

US pure sales (tracking week ending 25/11):

Folklore - 1.533M

Evermore - 754k

2 minutes ago, Agenor said:

US pure sales (tracking week ending 25/11):

Folklore - 1.533M

Evermore - 754k

Wow so Evermore doesn't even have 50% of Folklore sales after bundles were removed. Interesting.

46 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

ew, look at This week's top 5 on the #DigitalSongSales chart:

1. @St8ofMine& @DrewJacobsMusic

God's Country

2. @eltonofficial & @DUALIPA

Cold Heart (@pnau Remix)

3. @walkerhayes 

Fancy Like

4. @coldplay & @BTS_twt

My Universe

5. @KidRock ft. @Monster_Truck_

Don't Tell Me How To Live

That’s mostly horrible

58 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

of course bundle contributes to something :priceless: not only 1k-10k difference :priceless:

if it wasnt how can you explain 800k to 600k and that's with 30 tracks & 4 months announcement. :priceless:

Well see, one was a brand new studio album (that moved 846k, please don't diminish it) and the other was a re-recording of an album that's already gone 7X platinum and has sold 5M pure copies in the US already. This shouldn't be too difficult to grasp at this point.

42 minutes ago, Hector said:

Mariah #12 already :jonny5: 

Wow, go Brenda!

49 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

ew, look at This week's top 5 on the #DigitalSongSales chart:

1. @St8ofMine& @DrewJacobsMusic

God's Country

2. @eltonofficial & @DUALIPA

Cold Heart (@pnau Remix)

3. @walkerhayes 

Fancy Like

4. @coldplay & @BTS_twt

My Universe

5. @KidRock ft. @Monster_Truck_

Don't Tell Me How To Live

In case you're trying to say Adele didn't actually top digital song sales...

From BB: 

Impressively, “Easy on Me” dominates in all three of the Hot 100’s metrics (airplay, streaming and sales), marking the first song to don such a triple crown in a single week since Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee’s juggernaut “Despacito,” featuring Justin Bieber, for five weeks in July-August 2017. (Note that while it sold the most of all songs in the Nov. 19-25 tracking week, “Easy on Me” does not appear on the Dec. 4 Digital Song Sales chart, which reflects total weekly sales activity, i.e., net sales based on both weekly purchases and total “returns” when consumers complete album purchases — which, in effect, count as a negative sale for tracks customers have already purchased — as with 30 in the latest tracking frame, via platforms such as the iTunes Store.)

:coffee:

2 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Wow so Evermore doesn't even have 50% of Folklore sales after bundles were removed. Interesting.

To be fair Evermore doesn't have those 5 weeks with 100k signed CDs each week from her online store... I'm sure they are coming soon.

40 minutes ago, itsjem said:

Anyways 

:clap3:

11 minutes ago, Gaia said:

In case you're trying to say Adele didn't actually top digital song sales...

From BB: 

:coffee:

Oh :coffee:

16 minutes ago, Gaia said:

You think that if Adele released an album 4 months from now it would pull the same numbers as 30? :toofunny3:

I mean, going by your own logic, the girl in your avi relied on bundles, seen as she went from 40+ weeks in the top 10 to failing to match evermore :rip:

littlebodybigheart
1 hour ago, Sept said:

I see this excuse all the time but Evermore sold 102k pure sales on its 2nd week and like 100k vinyls 6 months after. Even if you count all that for the first week, it would be 500k max :rip: 

and that’s still amazing! so what now?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.