• ughgabriel

• Kavish

• Dessy

• Overprotected

6 minutes ago, worldwide angel said:

thanks sis, we had to officially join the rhythm nation :heart2:

yas

200.gif

Calvin Harris - Heatstroke (feat. Young Thug, Pharrell Williams and Ariana Grande) - it’s ok :chick1:

100 gecs - Ringtone (feat. Charli XCX, Rico Nasty, and Kero Kero Bonito) - mega bop:WAP:

Missy Elliot - Lose Control (feat. Ciara & Fat Man Scoop) - this classic:WAP:

Mariah Carey - Breakdown ft. Krayzie Bone, Wish Bone - a pretty standard mariah track :jamming: she can’t really do wrong

Lady Gaga, BLACKPINK - Sour Candy (Shygirl & Mura Masa Remix) - yaaas ty for giving dawn of chromatica more streams :gaygacat3: the original is better but this is a cute remix :gaygacat1:love shygirl :heart2:

Keala Settle, Kesha & Missy Elliott - This Is Me (The Reimagined Remix) - what is dis hunny

Charli XCX - Dreamer feat. Starrah and RAYE - charli has better options but it’s a cute sing 

Kali Uchis - After The Storm ft. Tyler, The Creator, Bootsy Collins - talented, brilliant, incredible, showstopping, spectacular, etc. :jonny5:

Christina Aguilera - Accelerate ft. Ty Dolla $ign, 2 Chainz - this grew on me a bit ngl :jamming:

Pia Mia - Do It Again ft. Chris Brown, Tyga - it’s alright

Latto - Bitch From da Souf (Remix) (feat. Saweetie & Trina) - BOPPPP :WAP:

Snakehips, Tinashe, Chance The Rapper - All My Friends - it’s a cute moment :katie2:

Megan Thee Stallion - Hot Girl Summer ft. Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign - a huge bop :WAP: I thought about sending this b4 I checked the banned songs list :fan:

I2T8iZF.jpg

Spoiler

GROUP 1

CALVIN HARRIS - HEATSTROKE

Very boring. There are so many talented people on this song, but it doesn't go anywhere for me.

100 GECS - RINGTONE (REMIX)

A star-studded classic, and it's their best song. The remix really improves on the original version, too. Very fun song. All of the guest appearances work so well together.

MISSY ELLIOTT - LOSE CONTROL

A classic, but I've never been a big fan.

MARIAH CAREY - BREAKDOWN

One of her best songs. Love the sample.

LADY GAGA - SOUR CANDY (SHYGIRL & MURA MASA REMIX)

The original song is one of her best. The remix didn't add a whole lot, but it also didn't take away so cheers!

VARIOUS ARTISTS - THIS IS ME (THE REIMAGINED REMIX)

It's a very, very firm no from me. A preachy mess and not in a fun way.

moLwzfJ.gif

CHARLI XCX - DREAMER

Cute song. It gets the job done. Kinda repetitive, not one of my favorites from her.

KALI UCHIS - AFTER THE STORM

Cute and inoffensive. It's not super interesting to me, though.

CHRISTINA AGUILERA - ACCELERATE

This is really grating and borderline bad, but I like it. Definitely a different sound for her, which is really cool.

moLwzfJ.gif

PIA MIA - DO IT AGAIN

Nice lil catchy chorus. I don't think the rest of it has aged that well, though?

LATTO - BITCH FROM DA SOUF (REMIX)

Nice beat, fun song.

SNAKEHIPS - ALL MY FRIENDS

A classic.....

j2J2LYn.jpg

MEGAN THEE STALLION - HOT GIRL SUMMER

Still fun to this day. REAL ASS BITCH!!

DltBhj6.gif

GROUP 2

BRITNEY SPEARS - TILL THE WORLD ENDS (REMIX)

A classic. The remix adds a tiny bit more flavor to one of Britney's best songs.

CHARLI XCX - UNLOCK IT

A classic. One of her best songs, every verse is perfect. I could go on...

KERI HILSON - KNOCK YOU DOWN

I cannot..... the ****ing mega classic. 

TYLER, THE CREATOR - WUSYANAME

One of the best songs on the album. Very good.

MYA, CHRISTINA AGUILERA, LIL KIM & P!NK - LADY MARMALADE

Iconic and fun.

VARIOUS ARTISTS - JUST GOT PAID

Nah.

ALUNAGEORGE - MEAN WHAT I MEAN

Cute. It sounds very 2016, though.

BEYONCÉ - CHECK ON IT

Classic.

MARIAH CAREY - THANK GOT I FOUND YOU (MAKE IT LAST REMIX)

The only version of this song that I'm interested in. It's still not great, though.

CHARLI XCX - OUT OF MY HEAD

One of the best songs on the album. Absolutely love this.

KANYE WEST - MONSTER

This star-studded event.... Top to bottom a rap classic and will go down in history as such. The production is A M A Z I N G. Everyone holds their own on their verses.

BUSTA RHYMES & MARIAH CAREY - I KNOW WHAT YOU WANT

Great song.

JUSTIN BIEBER - PEACHES

Never cared for this.

https://i.imgur.com/rocLCBA.png

GROUP A

Spoiler

Calvin Harris - Heatstroke (feat. Young Thug, Pharrell Williams and Ariana Grande): Besides Slide (obviously) I think this is the best song in this album. I wish Pharrell had a verse or something instead of 2 Thugger verses, he kinda overstays his welcome, but the singing portions are amazing.

100 gecs - Ringtone (feat. Charli XCX, Rico Nasty, and Kero Kero Bonito): Definitely more enjoyable than I expected? I'm sure Charli regrets ever stepping in the booth and giving them clout but it is what it is. A nice song.

Missy Elliot - Lose Control (feat. Ciara & Fat Man Scoop): It's okay. Not my favorite here, middle of the pack. Feels like a lesser 1,2 Step.

Mariah Carey - Breakdown ft. Krayzie Bone, Wish Bone: One of my favorite songs ever.

Lady Gaga, BLACKPINK - Sour Candy (Shygirl & Mura Masa Remix): I mean this isn't that different from the original (which I love)? ShyGirl should definitely avoid singing ever again.

Keala Settle, Kesha & Missy Elliott - This Is Me (The Reimagined Remix): Never cared for this movie or soundtrack. Very overproduced and Hollywood glossy.

Charli XCX - Dreamer feat. Starrah and RAYE: One of the best songs in this album which as a whole is very mediocre. This is cute but gets annoying and grating after a while.

Kali Uchis - After The Storm ft. Tyler, The Creator, Bootsy Collins: Cute lil breezy classic. Always puts a smile on my face.

Christina Aguilera - Accelerate ft. Ty Dolla $ign, 2 Chainz:  you're not gonna get the first time you listen to it then you're like woahh what is this... I appreciate Xtina so much for always trying new sounds with her albums and singles, and Liberation was when she really started to push boundaries. Everything about Accelerate is so weird and disjointed, the production sounds like a Yeezus leftover - but it works. Love it.

Pia Mia - Do It Again ft. Chris Brown, Tyga: It's a cute bop but very much of its time? Can't say I ever cared about it much.

Latto - Bitch From da Souf (Remix) (feat. Saweetie & Trina): Latto grabbed this song and hung to it for dear life. It's a bop though, and the features on this remix lift the song up.

Snakehips, Tinashe, Chance The Rapper - All My Friends: My jam in 2016, and it sounds as timeless and fresh as it did then. the production is groovy, the chorus is bigger than life. The bridge is wonderful. Chance and Tee do a great work here, him with a nice verse and her with heavenly vocals. No wonder this was a hit.

Megan Thee Stallion - Hot Girl Summer ft. Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign:  A good career choice but not really that strong of a song for me. It's very Summer 2019 with the bounce City Girls sample and it always felt more like a cash grab song to me idk. I like Nicki's verse though.

GROUP B

Spoiler

Charli XCX - Unlock It (feat. Kim Petras and Jay Park): Ethereal bubble bath in audio form. Jay Park's verse is much hated and I don't like it much either but I learned to pause my brain whenever he comes on. So pure and happy and whispers beautiful :heart:

Keri Hilson ft. Kanye West, Ne-Yo - Knock You Down: HATEEEEEEE this wave of electro-R&B :rip: And I never really listened to this when I was younger so don't have nostalgia for it. It's a dud for me, sorry.

Tyler The Creator - WUSYANAME (feat. Youngboy Never Broke Again & Ty Dollar $ign): I like that this is short because I wouldn't bear too much more of this. This album didn't click with me, but this is one of the better songs. Still not my favorite or anywhere near the top for me this round.

Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mýa and Pink - Lady Marmalade: The blueprint for all star female collaborations. All the ladies pull their weight, everyone has a different favorite part (mine is Lil Kim's personally). Put France on the map.

Sigala, Ella Eyre, Meghan Trainor, feat French Montana - Just Got Paid: Not terrible, it's fun but doesn't really stack up against these classics for me. It's more of a disposable "wouldn't skip if it came on" radio song, not something I would listen to everyday.

Britney Spears - Till the World Ends (feat. Nicki Minaj & Kesha): The original is a massive classic, I don't listen to this version much but I think it's equally great. The features elevate the song but not too much that it renders the original useless.

AlunaGeorge, Dreezy, Leikeli47 - Mean What I Mean: A feminist bop! I remember stanning this album, it's very 2016/17 with the dancehall, tropical production but it sounds like a radio smash and it's catchy as ****. Not my favorite here but solid regardless.

Beyoncé - Check On It ft. Bun B, Slim Thug: Probably her best #1. A song wrapped in mystery and conspiracy theories over Kelly's alleged vocals in the second verse! It's a bop, I love it.

Mariah Carey - Thank God I Found You (Make It Last Remix) feat. Joe & Nas: I love a good Mariah ballad/midtempo but this is not one of them. A bit of a chore to get through, honestly. I don't know what it is since it's pretty by-the-numbers... maybe that's the problem? She sounds a bit bored and on autopilot.

Charli XCX - Out Of My Head ft. Tove Lo and ALMA:  Had to grow on me but it's an amazing. Wish it was just Tove and Charli (or just Tove) though, it fits her like a glove. Love the shiny, dreamy white production. Minimal, but it works.

Kanye West - Monster ft. Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Bon Iver: A real event. Nicki had everyone and their mothers attempting to spit a bar, but the rest of the verses are good too (Jay's is overHATED).

Busta Rhymes, Mariah Carey - I Know What You Want (feat. Flipmode Squad): I first heard this at a 90s night at some bar and had to pull out my phone almost blackout drunk to Shazam it :rip: I already said I hate this early 2000s era of Mariah but this is another of the gems from this period. Don't really care about the rap verses but the chorus is godly.

Justin Bieber - Peaches ft. Daniel Caesar, Giveon: He was smart taking a song from Daniel's vault. This is really good, honestly. Feels very summery, feel good and nostalgic at the same time. Full of soul, really lush production.

@Kavish @Future Lover @touya kinomoto @Psycho @worldwide angel @Taylucifer @Valtersen @Alena @Dessy @Noah @Element @Auburn @ZORBIT @Jay-Zicario @Not Like The Movies @kipperskipper @Thanatos @Mr. Duff @Rotunda @K$Ellie @Guero @Tom Vercetti @Touch It @Drifloon @PinkBox @luckystrike

LcZ6mIR.png

~ GROUP 1 ~

Spoiler

Calvin Harris - Heatstroke (feat. Young Thug, Pharrell Williams and Ariana Grande): Cute Calvin production. I appreciated the change of direction he took with this album, it felt like an interesting change of pace for pop radio. The groove/production is kind of the best part though, since I don't care for the Young Thug parts at all, and I'm not in love with the melodies either n but it's nice enough regardless. I could easily play this in the background or while chilling in the sun. The song kind of feels exactly the same in the second half as the first which is a bit uninspiring, but it's part of that laid back vibe I guess.

100 gecs - Ringtone (feat. Charli XCX, Rico Nasty, and Kero Kero Bonito): Erm. I don't know if this is supposed to be innovative or something but it's so disjointed, cheap sounding and they all sound bad. It's gonna be a hard pass from me.

Missy Elliot - Lose Control (feat. Ciara & Fat Man Scoop): Super cool and innovative production. I always digged this. It's cute how eclectically different the vocals are here, but they merge fascinatingly in the context of the song. Very strong entry and exactly what a round like this was about.

Mariah Carey - Breakdown ft. Krayzie Bone, Wish Bone: Gorgeous song. 

Lady Gaga, BLACKPINK - Sour Candy (Shygirl & Mura Masa Remix): Wow this completely lacks the punch of the original. Like, it's a lot worse. Not sure what you were thinking with this one. 

Keala Settle, Kesha & Missy Elliott - This Is Me (The Reimagined Remix): Absolutely atrocious. It's difficult to describe how much I hate this. Very much deserves an auto out.

Charli XCX - Dreamer feat. Starrah and RAYE: She sounds bored for the majority of the song. I kind of find it drags a little... And how many times does she want to sing that chorus, which isn't even strong? The features add pretty much nothing. Another poor choice.

Kali Uchis - After The Storm ft. Tyler, The Creator, Bootsy Collins: Not remarkable at all but this group is atrocious so far so maybe you'll do alright.

Christina Aguilera - Accelerate ft. Ty Dolla $ign, 2 Chainz: I don't revisit this a lot but it's pretty good. Not obsessed with the features or anything but it remains strong and they work relatively well in the context of the song.

Pia Mia - Do It Again ft. Chris Brown, Tyga: This might be SLIGHTLY generic but it's a huge bop and you're going to rank highly because I have a lot of cute memories dancing to this. She sounds kinda gorgeous, especially with all the layering + ad libbing towards the end... and I hate to admit but Chris sounds great too.

Latto - Bitch From da Souf (Remix) (feat. Saweetie & Trina): Not great at all. This sounds like it belongs on the mixtape of an underground artist with zero budget. Like they are freestyling badly, with relatively low energy, over an uninteresting beat.

Snakehips, Tinashe, Chance The Rapper - All My Friends: The lyrics to this always made me cringe... the chorus especially is unignorably embarrassing. I'm also not sure that Snakeships have ever released a song that doesn't sound like... completely gentrified? It's always like... watered down electronic R&B.

Megan Thee Stallion - Hot Girl Summer ft. Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign: Cute meme'd bop, and the features work really well so congrats you did much better than most of the others.

~ GROUP 2 ~

Spoiler

Charli XCX - Unlock It (feat. Kim Petras and Jay Park): Ethereal + infectious gay classic. She definitely captured something special in this song... Not at all surprised that it recently crossed over into the mainstream. For a long time I used to listen to this version on youtube with no rap verse :skull: But I don't hate that part so much anymore.

Keri Hilsonft. Kanye West, Ne-Yo - Knock You Down: Fun noughties classic. Great choice.

Tyler The Creator - WUSYANAME (feat. Youngboy Never Broke Again & Ty Dollar $ign): This is alright, I definitely wouldn't rave about it but it was probably in my preferred tracks when I listened to this album. The fact it's so short is a bit surprising for a round like this, it feels like it doesn't go anywhere as a result, and nobody is really allowed to shine, they don't interact much either. The vocalist in the second half sounds pretty bad.

Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mýa and Pink - Lady Marmalade: Oh wow. Yeh this song was kind of made for a round like this. One of the most iconic collabs ever yeh great job snatching this!

Sigala, Ella Eyre, Meghan Trainor, feat French Montana - Just Got Paid: I'm torn because yeh this bops but at the same time I'm like... is this really the best you could come up with? It's very basic nnn. It's giving me straights who live for getting absolutely wrecked at the same club every weekend. This song is like the epitome of Love Island-chic (idk if anyone knows what that show is, but it's not a compliment).

Britney Spears - Till the World Ends (feat. Nicki Minaj & Kesha): I haven't listened to this since 2011 probably and now I remember why. The original is vastly superior. The features are like, incredibly bad in the case of Nicki or unnecessary in the case of Kesha who you can barely differentiate from Britney after all the vocal processing both of them use. Nicki sounds... completely atrocious. And the song pretty much completely lost its energy. I kind of like the dubstep influenced breakdown towards the end, but other than that, it's a pass.

AlunaGeorge, Dreezy, Leikeli47 - Mean What I Mean: A bit of a banger.. Pretty faceless but anyways yeh cute enough.

Beyoncé - Check On It ft. Bun B, Slim Thug: Underrated + unfairly forgotten gem in Beyonce's discography. I dig the sound so much, not many tracks sound like this.

Mariah Carey - Thank God I Found You (Make It Last Remix) feat. Joe & Nas: Cute enough! Slightly forgettable.

Charli XCX - Out Of My Head ft. Tove Lo and ALMA: Probably the worst song on the project. Sounds a bit cheap today.

Kanye West - Monster ft. Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Bon Iver: Huge classic. I wanted to send this for the 6 minute + round last season, but chickened out of doing so... Hope you get rewarded anyways. Obviously Nicki high key steals the show and this song is pretty much known mainly because of her (and rightly so), but the other sections are great too. Jay also rarely delivers a verse as good as this one.

Busta Rhymes, Mariah Carey - I Know What You Want (feat. Flipmode Squad): Fun bop. Love the beat.

Justin Bieber - Peaches ft. Daniel Caesar, Giveon: This will probably get unfairly tanked by some because its Justin, but the song is pretty great. The whole track has a pretty cool vibe. The features are also really strong.

~ FAGLIST ~

706befc1b1579315fb766afda8d5c3c6.jpg

⸸  Kavish ⛧ Kritiques   

~

Charli XCX - Unlock It (feat. Kim Petras and Jay Park)

The "rollercoaster ride" section in the beginning is really dreamy.  As soon as the "rollercoaster ride" part ends, Charli repeats "lock it, lock it", and the song immediately gets too plastic until the end, like the type of song I would expect Barbie dolls or androids to make.  Kim Petras' deep robotic verse is unpleasant and Jay Park's verse is bad.  The "unlock it" and "lock it" repetition that follows is obnoxious.  

Keri Hilson ft. Kanye West, Ne-Yo - Knock You Down

A great throwback.  All three of them shine with their respective contribution.  The bridge could have been stronger, but the outro makes up for it.

Tyler The Creator - WUSYANAME (feat. Youngboy Never Broke Again & Ty Dollar $ign)

It is mellifluous, but pretty unadventurous.  A chill-in-my-backyard type of song, but not really a be-in-the-race type of song.

Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mýa and Pink - Lady Marmalade

This is the collaboration.  An exchange of vocal prowess amidst an ambitious sorority, where the result can only be iconic.  

Sigala, Ella Eyre, Meghan Trainor, feat French Montana - Just Got Paid

Not a fan of Ella Eyre's voice in this song, which I think is more fitting for lower tempo songs. Combining this type of delivery with such a pompous song is too much at once, like the type of party where you only go inside to take drinks from the bar and then go back outside to drink it because the atmosphere inside is loud and suffocating.  Despite Meghan Trainor being the only consolation and French Montana's part being too basic to worsen the song, Sigala's production remains generic.

Britney Spears - Till the World Ends (feat. Nicki Minaj & Kesha)

I really love the original song, but there is a reason this remix is not on Spotify.  When a chicken starts clucking at 0:30, it's downhill for Nicki Minaj.  Her vocal acrobatics and babbling can only classify the first third of the song as trolling.  Kesha, however, understood the assignment. She blends perfectly and respectfully alongside the Princess of Pop and the rest of the song is salvaged.  By the time the bridge hits, we are dancing and happy again, despite someone's attempt to end the world in the beginning.

AlunaGeorge, Dreezy, Leikeli47 - Mean What I Mean

The chorus is catchy and all the vocals are different yet beautiful.  The instrumental is overwhelming on first listen, but definitely grows on you the more you listen to it.

Beyoncé - Check On It ft. Bun B, Slim Thug

Beyoncé's collaborations are always so well done.  Very groovy, and I like the background instrumentation.

Mariah Carey - Thank God I Found You (Make It Last Remix) feat. Joe & Nas

Mariah's voice is smooth like butter and complement the men's voices.  A comforting song.

Charli XCX - Out Of My Head ft. Tove Lo and ALMA

The Tove Lo and Charli's verses are nice, but ALMA's "out of my head" repetition is overbearing.  I wanted her to stop but decided to endure the pain out of respect for you in case it got better.  It did not.

Kanye West - Monster ft. Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Bon Iver

An undeniable masterclass.  The way everyone brought their A game on this track.  The way Minaj can bring something like this on the table, but sometimes she chooses to use her talent for evil (See "Till the World Ends Remix").  

Busta Rhymes, Mariah Carey - I Know What You Want (feat. Flipmode Squad)

A classic.  The beat is one of the most infectious and recognizable of the early 2000s.  Amazing collaboration.

Justin Bieber - Peaches ft. Daniel Caesar, Giveon

The song is a vibe, but it gives off the impression that Bieber is trying to be someone he is not, and therefore it feels disingenuous.  I like Daniel Caesar's part though.

~

ddn81w3-d1639fee-f5a2-4dc6-aa34-00c588b8

feels like people just  chose the first song with 3 people on it this round

6 minutes ago, Kavish said:

When a chicken starts clucking at 0:30, it's downhill for Nicki Minaj

right

GwGkVeR.png?width=360&height=450

????? ?

Spoiler

HEATSTROKE - so underrated. One of my fav Ariana/Pharrell collabs. Just a lot of funky fun

RINGTONE - this is like a total mess but.. in a good way? Just chaotic fun

LOSE CONTROL - I can't make it not bop. There are some clunky parts here and there, but it's mostly just a great bop.

BREAKDOWN - Ehh.. it's a bit of a drag. Mariah sounds great as always, but the features here really lack, and the song itself isn't that interesting

SOUR CANDY - totally misses the fun of the original, not to mention it feels less BP forward and they were easily the best part of this song. Imma pass

THIS IS ME - :skull: words cannot describe how much i hate this. It's so incredibly cringy and manufactured :rip:  

DREAMER - This was cute. nothing too crazy or interesting but everybody here is decent

AFTER THE STORM - Such a perfect song. So smooth and chill

ACCELERATE - EXACTLYYYY :jonny5: this polarizing bop. 

DO IT AGAIN - just turrible

BITCH FROM DA SOUF - completely overstays its welcome but it's fun for a moment at least

ALL MY FRIENDS - YUPPPPPPPPPPP, should've been #1 for 52 weeks yeah

L66zMI1.gif

HOT GIRL SUMMER - Ty absolutely serves on this song but Megan and esp Nicki are pretty mediocre on this. It's not all that interesting

????? 2

Spoiler

UNLOCK IT - now how do I say that I'm used to the tiktok version and that I don't like the verses.. because that's the case here

KNOCK YOU DOWN - classic :jonny: still sounds good today

WUSYANAME - So smooth and chill. In my trinity of his newest album

LADY MARMALADE - can't go wrong with this one really.

JUST GOT PAID - everybody involved in this song will have to pay for their crimes in the deepest circles of hell

MEAN WHAT I MEAN - I like it :heart2: cute bop

CHECK ON IT - I kinda used to hate this but it's aged so well and I really like it now so x One of her best, just a lot of fun

THANK GOD I FOUND YOU - doesn't.. really go anywhere

OUT OF MY HEAD - it's cute but it's.. not really all that strong. Doesn't really go anywhere

MONSTER - Jay's verse in this always cracks me up sjsj it's so corny. Anyways this is a masterpiece. Great production from Kanye, great contributions from Rick Ross and obviously Nicki delivers her best verse ever. Such a great song, I always forget this it's 6+ minutes but it makes good use of pretty much every second

I KNOW WHAT YOU WANT - Mariah's part in this is SO good :jonny: Rap verses could've been better but I can forgive it because the instrumental is top notch. Nice pick

PEACHES - It's perfectly fine. I don't mind hearing this on the radio but I don't really see the hype either. 

TILL THE WORLD ENDS - Clunky mess of a remix. The original is far superior to this, even though both have not aged all that well either so

Charli XCX - Unlock It (feat. Kim Petras and Jay Park)

I hate the "lock it" part, but the rest is actually good, I've never been a fan of Charli but it's a pretty cute song

Keri Hilsonft. Kanye West, Ne-Yo - Knock You Down

Hate Kanye but he actually wasn't bad in this song and this is very cute

Tyler The Creator - WUSYANAME (feat. Youngboy Never Broke Again & Ty Dollar $ign)

Don't care for this at all, not for me sorry

Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mýa and Pink - Lady Marmalade

I mean... Pretty sure this round was based on this song, this is THE collaboration, now cmon now she is the moment

Sigala, Ella Eyre, Meghan Trainor, feat French Montana - Just Got Paid

Very fun song, and Megallah Godnor is in it so....................... it's a yes!!! plus I love getting paid!!!

Britney Spears - Till the World Ends (feat. Nicki Minaj & Kesha)

Ok period... this is a stupid song/remix, but I love it, sue me!!!

AlunaGeorge, Dreezy, Leikeli47 - Mean What I Mean

Never heard this before but... it's a bop, we love to see it!!

Beyoncé - Check On It ft. Bun B, Slim Thug

I like this, but I also feel like the collab is useless, I would've preferred this as a solo song, which is... not a good sign considering the theme is focused on the collab!! Still a great song though, so!!

Mariah Carey - Thank God I Found You (Make It Last Remix) feat. Joe & Nas

This was nice, I wasn't like yass werk bitch, but it was there and it was cute, doesn't do that much for me, and too long for how unexciting it is

Charli XCX - Out Of My Head ft. Tove Lo and ALMA

It's okay, it's cute for like 45 seconds but then gets annoying after that

Kanye West - Monster ft. Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Bon Iver

Obviously a classic, but Nicki's verse is the obvious standout and I don't care for the rest nearly as much (especially Jay-Z), I just want to get to her verse. But like, yes this is a great choice

Busta Rhymes, Mariah Carey - I Know What You Want (feat. Flipmode Squad)

Yess I really like this, nice choice!!!

Justin Bieber - Peaches ft. Daniel Caesar, Giveon

Yeah it's gonna be a DEFINITE no for me, you knew you were getting panned by several people when you sent this. It's not AS bad as other JB songs, but it's still annoying to me

UirdsX3.png

GROUP A

Spoiler

Calvin Harris - Heatstroke - A cute little forgettable bop, this group looks terrible tho so it will probably rank high for me we’ll see!

100 gecs - Ringtone - It has some hyperpop elements that get annoying but it’s kinda cute overall, KKB’s part was my fave. 

Missy Elliot - Lose Control - Very much a banger yup.

Mariah Carey - Breakdown - Top 3 in her discography and one of the best songs ever tbh…

Lady Gaga, BLACKPINK - Sour Candy - Well this was a very dull remix, the original remains superior but even that isn’t that good so.

Keala Settle, Kesha & Missy Elliott - This Is Me (The Reimagined Remix) - This song makes me wanna kms.

Charli XCX - Dreamer - I did not enjoy this at all, the chorus hook is beyond annoying to me.

Kali Uchis - After The Storm - You know this was never a stand out from the album to me but in the context of this round it kinda is! 

Christina Aguilera - Accelerate - I didn’t get the song the first time I heard it, after the 20th or 30th time I was like woah what is this? It sounds nothing like what’s out there right now, the lyrics are very um.

Pia Mia - Do It Again - I hate the edm elements on this but I’m surprised I low key ended up enjoying this overall? The features are probably my least favorite part tho.

Latto - Bitch From da Souf (Remix) - Meh I was over it after the first 2 minutes

Snakehips, Tinashe, Chance The Rapper - All My Friends - Well the chorus is very corny and then the rest isn’t really interesting. TABSnashe sounds great tho. 

Megan Thee Stallion - Hot Girl Summer - This pops off a bit, I want you to read the banned song list if you survive this round.

GROUP B

Spoiler

Charli XCX - Unlock It - I could’ve done without the man in this but other than that this was a very nice bop :lemmelistening: 

Keri Hilsonft. Kanye West, Ne-Yo - Knock You Down - This is laughably dated I-

Tyler The Creator - WUSYANAME - Oop this came and went quickly but it was cute while it lasted.

Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mýa and Pink - Lady Marmalade - Wow classic…

Sigala, Ella Eyre, Meghan Trainor - Just Got Paid - What is this :ahh:

Britney Spears - Till the World Ends - It’s serving camp classic :katie2:

AlunaGeorge - Mean What I Mean - This sounds cheap and poorly mastered but it’s not terrible.

Beyoncé - Check On It - Absolute banger.

Mariah Carey - Thank God I Found You (Make It Last Remix) - I am disgusted at the reviews this is getting when it’s one of her best remixes, albeit a bit overrated by the fanbase but still…

Charli XCX - Out Of My Head - Eh unlock it outsold, this has nothing interesting going on for it.

Kanye West - Monster - I think this is a pretty nice selection for the round, everyone gets their moment here, Nicki snapped.

Busta Rhymes, Mariah Carey - I Know What You Want - Mega classic :wap: 

Justin Bieber - Peaches - Well I was ready to hate on this but I’m actually enjoying it what the heck

Calvin Harris - Heatstroke (feat. Young Thug, Pharrell Williams and Ariana Grande) - I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH OMG!! :jonny6: SUCH A FUN SUMMER BOP!! 

100 gecs - Ringtone (feat. Charli XCX, Rico Nasty, and Kero Kero Bonito) - I tried to like it and I actually enjoy the women on this but the production is just so random and try hard, production definitely took away from the song. 100 gecs need to hang it up, flat screen! 

Missy Elliot - Lose Control (feat. Ciara & Fat Man Scoop) - exactly, and I told her, I said m'aam! :sats:

Mariah Carey - Breakdown ft. Krayzie Bone, Wish Bone - :loki: my favourite song from her best album! This song is so excellent! :jonny5:

Lady Gaga, BLACKPINK - Sour Candy (Shygirl & Mura Masa Remix) - Well sending a song from that horrible remix album was definitely a choice, however I will say that this is one of the better songs on that lackluster album. However, compared to the strong songs here, not sure how this will rank. 

Keala Settle, Kesha & Missy Elliott - This Is Me (The Reimagined Remix) - I appreciate the message of the song but sweetie in these games motivational songs like this are usually dragged, I like the original song but Kesha sounds awful and Missy didn't add much, again great message but this fell flat. 

Charli XCX - Dreamer feat. Starrah and RAYE - The production is really really good, Charli repeating 'im a dreamer' got so irritating though, like can you can up with something else girl. Overall a cute song though. 

Kali Uchis - After The Storm ft. Tyler, The Creator, Bootsy Collins - A flawless song, all of their contributions just makes this into a really strong song. 

Christina Aguilera - Accelerate ft. Ty Dolla $ign, 2 Chainz - 

exactly! Ty really shines on pop girl collabs mhm 

Pia Mia - Do It Again ft. Chris Brown, Tyga - This is cute but it gets boring and it doesn't stand out. 

Latto - Bitch From da Souf (Remix) (feat. Saweetie & Trina) - yes bitch! a bop :sats:

Snakehips, Tinashe, Chance The Rapper - All My Friends - A bop that we have no choice but to stan! Tinashe queen, Chance my cute zaddy. 

Megan Thee Stallion - Hot Girl Summer ft. Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign - this big big bop, yeah this song is so fun and again Ty Daddy ate and left no crumbs! Meg and Nicki slayed too ofc. Too bad this is on the banned list. You fcked up luv. 

Once again I only dislike one song lol (Group A)

tumblr_inline_p9utzf3vyO1tae3h3_250.gifv

Calvin Harris - Heatstroke (feat. Young Thug, Pharrell Williams and Ariana Grande)
I love Calvin for bringing random artists together that I would’ve never expected. And this is no exception. This is good but will it stack up? Let’s see

100 gecs - Ringtone (feat. Charli XCX, Rico Nasty, and Kero Kero Bonito)
Well this is better than I thought it would be. Not bad but not really something I would go back to. 

Missy Elliot - Lose Control (feat. Ciara & Fat Man Scoop)
tenor.png

Mariah Carey - Breakdown ft. Krayzie Bone, Wish Bone
This is good but it doesn’t move me like several other Mariah songs. I have no issues with the features though. 

Lady Gaga, BLACKPINK - Sour Candy (Shygirl & Mura Masa Remix)
This remix turned a 10/10 song into a 7.5/10 song. I’m still fuming. I don’t like the random bbrrtrtrtr noise scattered throughout either. But this isn’t the worst song I heard so far so there’s that. 

Keala Settle, Kesha & Missy Elliott - This Is Me (The Reimagined Remix)
I’m trying to find the words for this because I can’t imagine someone would send this as their first, second or even third choice, truly.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761195c62a1a219e9dc4ce12d6e0494bc2ba822588b6&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Charli XCX - Dreamer feat. Starrah and RAYE
My bar for Charli is low and this song well exceeded that bar. Well done! 

Kali Uchis - After The Storm ft. Tyler, The Creator, Bootsy Collins
THIEF! When I found it I JUMPED because it sounded so good and then “taken.” Oh well. Still my top contender cause it’s SOOOOO good, whew.

Christina Aguilera - Accelerate ft. Ty Dolla $ign, 2 Chainz
Ooo you a risky bitch and I stan. 2 Chainz verse is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Still kinda weak compared to the rest of this group though!

Pia Mia - Do It Again ft. Chris Brown, Tyga
First of all, **** you for making me listen to Chris Brown. Okay now let me listen. 

200.gif

Latto - Bitch From da Souf (Remix) (feat. Saweetie & Trina)
Hard bop! Only people who can’t dance hate it!
mickie-james.gif

Snakehips, Tinashe, Chance The Rapper - All My Friends
Nice song, glad to see it hasn’t aged at all. 

Megan Thee Stallion - Hot Girl Summer ft. Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign
bop, Bop, BOP!!!!!!!!!
Shame about the lack of reading cause this is easily a top contender for me. 

my thoughts, round 4

69488bf2f6a4b22930152198d439ac1cdc095387.png

Charli XCX - Unlock It (feat. Kim Petras and Jay Park) - stunning and gorgeous.

Keri Hilson ft. Kanye West, Ne-Yo - Knock You Down - very good *_* the 2nd feature isn't that great but overall i enjoyed it.

Tyler The Creator - WUSYANAME (feat. Youngboy Never Broke Again & Ty Dolla $ign) - i liked one of the verses some what but overall no.

Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mýa and Pink - Lady Marmalade - i don't rly go back to it but if i hear it somewhere i do like it!!

Sigala, Ella Eyre, Meghan Trainor, feat French Montana - Just Got Paid - meghan queen <3 overall it was okay. it's a shame the main artists voice is awful.

Britney Spears - Till the World Ends (feat. Nicki Minaj & Kesha)        - iconic but the original is better.

AlunaGeorge, Dreezy, Leikeli47 - Mean What I Mean - yeah i'm not feeling this.

Beyoncé - Check On It ft. Bun B, Slim Thug - this used to be my favorite song as a kid, such a bop.

Mariah Carey - Thank God I Found You (Make It Last Remix) feat. Joe & Nas - yawn.

Charli XCX - Out Of My Head ft. Tove Lo and ALMA - not an Alma fan but other than that it's great.

Kanye West - Monster ft. Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Bon Iver - N*zis part is iconic and overall it's good but yeah i'm not a fan of 2 people in the track. :x

Busta Rhymes, Mariah Carey - I Know What You Want (feat. Flipmode Squad) - i like this!

Justin Bieber - Peaches ft. Daniel Caesar, Giveon - bye.

Well it seems it's over for me. 

I knew in the moment I saw the theme round that I will struggle. 

I went totally blank in mind with this one and then when ideas started coming to my brain it was already too late for saving it

My limited knowledgement in songs will end me sooner or later, I guess. :sadviolin:

Edited by Jay-Zicario

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.