Vanishing Letters 9 | WINNER REVEALED (p.187)| #WinterComing

Overprotected

Just now, clue said:

Who in here was talking to you?

moLwzfJ.gif

You're lich rally always in my DMs ma...

moLwzfJ.gif

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ughgabriel

• Kavish

• Dessy

• Overprotected

7 minutes ago, clue said:

It's all just fun tbh don't worry

4Rtt0rR.gif

I had a bad week

oh no :gayriahcat2: forever at the bottom tier i fea :gayriahcat2:

i think i will be eliminated. goodbye y'all

TayDine1989

ROTUNDA’S CRITIQUES

Left Outside Alone - Chile what are these Snow White vocals in the beginning? The rest of the song is kinda a serve tbh 

Care - This is decent, I think some variety to her delivery of the “cares” on the chorus would really make the song pop.   

Pieces of Me - i love songs that are big nostalgia bops but aren’t constantly referenced/discussed. The bridge is my favorite part. 

Still Into You - This song still makes me so happy. 

Circle the drain - I’m glad I started getting into active indie rock  acts because this is so excellent. 

You asked for this - One of the strong offerings on what is, in my opinion, Halsey’s worst album 

Over This! - I’m not sure what exactly I was expecting but this definitely surpassed my expectations. 

Mother - I’ve never really been able to get into this album for some reason, but this song is nice. 

crushcrushcrush - The instrumental is nice, but otherwise there isn’t much grabbing me. 

Uma Thurman - The production goes off. The lyrics however….

Come Clean - This doesn’t really have nostalgic power to me, and without that, the song is kinda “meh” 

How Does It Feel - This is good, but lacks the punch that some of these have. 

Heads Will Roll - This is kinda one note to me, but not bad. 

Call Me - A classique 

Gimmie What I Want - Chile you could have just sent Plastic Hearts. Imma still rank this well tho idgaf. 

???????'? ?????? ?????

High Horse GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

GROUP A

Spoiler

Queen - Don't Stop Me Now

This is so energetic :beatfreak: So energetic, it's infectious. It really fits to be the first track on this playlist. Queen snapped on this one :keir:

Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever
This is like one of my most played tracks of the year :smitten: The lyrics, the vocals :smitten: The Fallon performance elevated this song even more. SOTY methinks

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Zero
This is so good :heart: I'm so in love with the singer's voice and the production reminds me of a classic teen movie. High on my rankings yup!

WILLOW - Lipstick
The verse and pre-chorus are really good but it kind-of fell flat on the chorus part however I still love it overall :twirl:

HAIM - The Wire
I love Women in Music Pt III however I haven't heard of this one and it's really good! Wow :intoit: Added on my playlist!

Lindsay Lohan - Rumors
Interesting :bloo: Not sure about this one :gaycat6: It sounds monotonous but it I like the delivery and the production a little  :heart2: 

Miley Cyrus, Dua Lipa - Prisoner
Oh yes this smasha :heart: Dua and Miley both slayed on this one. A personal favorite on Plastic Hearts and FN: The Moonlight Edition

Sky Ferreira - I Will
I don't know. It's one of those songs that you feel/hope it goes somewhere but it didn't :gaycat6: However, there are parts that I like

Halsey - Honey
Awe this is good :heart: There's something about Halsey's voice here :smitten: The lyrics are so interesting OMG what is it about :bloo:

Fleetwood Mac - The Chain
OMG THIS IS SO GOOD?! :smitten2: Happier Than Ever's wig not safe noh? :gaycat6: Added on my playlist too :intoit:

Tina Turner - Proud Mary
This SMASHHA. This is so popular here in my country. A singing competition staple and I'm not mad. Tina Turner did THAT! :katie2:

Rina Sawayama - Alterlife
I think this is really a grower. The buildup to the chorus is so good :smitten: and that instrumentals after the chorus? SO GOOOD :heart:

Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart
Another singing competition classic :katie2: idk about my rankings. This is so difficult wtf :weeps: This song aged like fine wine. It's still so good.

Stacie Orrico - Stuck
Wait :gaycat6: The verses and pre-chorus are so good :katie2: but the chorus not so much but the productions. Wew! :katie2:

Katy Perry - If You Can Afford Me
A classic Katy :twirl:This is good ah. Not sure where to put this :weeps: I like it but there are so many great songs on this playlist :gaycat6:

• ATRL Moderator

GROUP A CRITIQUES

It's a classic, yes... but is it something I personally enjoy? not rly

I find this song to be overhyped. It's good but not earth-shattering.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Zero

This was a bit unremarkable for me.... need to relisten

WILLOW - Lipstick

This was a bit unremarkable for me.... need to relisten [2]

HAIM - The Wire

I think this is probably in my top 3 HAIM songs!! Not a huge fan of them, but this is really good.

Lindsay Lohan - Rumors

ugh Lindsay completely served on this song i fear

ABSOLUTELY!!!! A mega smash.

Sky Ferreira - I Will
enjoyed this!

Halsey - Honey

one of the songs from her new album that def stood out to me; it's solid

i think this is my favorite of the older generation of songs

Tina Turner - Proud Mary

another fun classic; prob middle for me

love rina, love this

hmmmm... gurl...

Stacie Orrico - Stuck

oh wow this was very cute!! a fun new find

also super cute! love the chorus. OOTB katy feels so different than her later albums

this will be overhated, let me inflate my score a bit

Found my last place! Can’t wait to see the judges score for this be 10 points higher than the contestants :toofunny2:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Zero

I feel like I would need more listens with this, might increase with time

WILLOW - Lipstick

it’s better than I remember tbh maybe I should check out the album

HAIM - The Wire

yassssss queens

Lindsay Lohan - Rumors

yassssss queen

Miley Cyrus & Dua Lipa - Prisoner

this song is definitely an excellent bop, but also I feel like it’s lacking something (perhaps a bridge) and overhyped by f words

Sky Ferreira - I Will

this was very boppy, I really enjoyed it

Halsey - Honey

one of my faves on the new album, although it has some steep competition here

cold hard classic

Tina Turner - Proud Mary

I feel like she had better choices regarding my personal taste, but this is a classic too it’s so much fun

inch resting… I kinda hate the key change

I’m a bit puzzled by this choice tbh, it’s not bad I just don’t get WHY this song of all the classics you could send

Stacie Orrico - Stuck

a fun bop

not my fave from OOTB but still amazing ofc

lh6WQVX.png

hello x since every song got accepted, i'm gonna rank based on my preferences :heart2:

stunningqueen.thumb.gif.d2fa74b507377bee

????? ?

Spoiler

whew this is such a classic~ and its actually a good classic! i don't think i've listened to this in full before lmao

but i pretty much enjoyed the whole song!!! so good job with this submission

i have to say that this song has grown on me A LOT. i remembered feeling eh about it in my first listen but i liked it a lot now..

it takes sometimes but when the switch happened, the song became whole lots better.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Zero

this is.. um interesting? well her voice is interesting and it makes me feel interested in the song more!!!!

the song itself is cute like its not that bad but it doesn't have much to grab my attention, yea.

wait nvm, it became so much better towards the end so maybe it made some points!

WILLOW - Lipstick

wasnt this done so wrong in asc :cries: i started liking it when i listened to the song in the album context

and tbh, its GOOD.. yall need to get into it and does this song some justice. i rlly enjoy willows new stuff, so yea that too

HAIM - The Wire

sounds like i should like it AND i did....

but only at the beginning of the song cause i didn't really feel anything (good) after that :emofish:

Lindsay Lohan - Rumors

utica won the lipsync tbh!!!! anyways, this is a cute classic. i will have to think about where i will rank this.

cause even though i enjoyed listening to the song, its just ok-ish? so yea. WAIT.

i think i lied. i think its good. and my opinion changed every second.

a great song!! looks like its gonna be pretty cute in my rankings <3

Sky Ferreira - I Will

its a bit repetitive? which makes me go kinda a little eh ngl. and when i realized that its a bit repetitive, the song becomes annoying

hmmm.... this is why its not one of my faves from the album. it's def cuter than some songs here, so ur not gonna be last place in my rankings!

Halsey - Honey

gonna be honest with yall, i don't really like the album :) but this song is definitely a standout from the album

its great and i really like what she did with this song.. so yea, a nice selection from her latest work x

ahhhhhh omg A CLASSIC. i'm impressed. i love this song. it hits so hard whewwwwww :alexz::alexz:

Tina Turner - Proud Mary

wow i remembered that it took some time to reach the switch up part but this feels longer than i could remember sfsfsfdsf

i was waiting... waiting... waiting... and boom it happened and finally, i got to dance. anyways, cute.

hmm.. this is cute but for some reasons, i'm not able to get into it that much. its just very eh :katie:

:weeps: whew, a karaoke classic and i have to say that i love this song a lot.. thats it, yea!!!!

like yes some might say its cheesy but for me its the right kind of cheesy and im digging it a lot sobs...

Stacie Orrico - Stuck

uhm.. ahehe.. lemme just say that it's just not for me

i don't think i've heard her older stuff much but this is actually an enjoyable pop rock song!

have to say that i surprisingly like this a lot lmao and it will prob be high on my list idc i like it :heart2: we ending this group on a good note

stunningqueen.thumb.gif.d2fa74b507377bee

????? ?

Spoiler

Anastacia - Left Outside Alone

um... i just knew that this was gonna be an interesting entry (in a bad way) since the beginning of the song

i mean it actually got better from the beginning but still, the first impression lasts longer :)

Beabadoobee - Care

this is a smart choice from beabadoobee tbh cause i think its one of her like easy to access songs?

i like it a lot! there's something about her music that always make me feel interested so that's good x

Ashlee Simpson - Pieces Of Me

woah really enjoyed this more than i expected! it's a good song and um i dont know what else to say but its good

Paramore - Still Into You

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :alexz::alexz:winner winner chicken dinner i'm so proud of you

Soccer Mommy - Circle The Drain

god i've been loving this since it was sent in ASC i think? like everything about this song is so amazing

and the lyrics are just so good and so emotional im sobbing cause this is meant to be for everyone to cry to :cries:

Halsey - You Asked For This

hmm idk but like i have a mixed feelings towards this song cause on one hand, its cute but then.. thats it

like it doesn't have much.. and its just very there for me :heart2:

Slayyyter - Over This!

i went from hmm to ooh i kinda like this and then back to hmm and then this is kinda cool. so.. its a lot!

so to summarize, i feel like it could be better than this but it's cute enough to not be in last for me, yea.

Florence+The Machine - Mother

um its okay i think like it could've been a lot better if it was shorter but well it is what it is

florence's songs are always like grand and cinematic but idt this is that good compared to her other songs.. its cute tho <3

Paramore - crushcrushcrush

i prefer still into you to this but this is still great and deserves all the love it has gotten

have to say that even though we have two paramores in this group, they're both great and i've enjoyed both.

Fall Out Boy - Uma Thurman

ooh somehow this knocks so much and it's a lot better than i expected lmao.. will probably get a cute placement from me

Hilary Duff - Come Clean

eh i know it was released like very long time ago but like others still manage to sound fresh while this fails to do that

gotta say that its a struggle to get through the song x

Donna Missal - How Does It Feel

ooh never heard this before but its very cute! its a bit on the softer side of the entries for this round

but its still very good and i had a great time listening to it :heart2:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads Will Roll

oh pls this is so much better than zero and it got me hooked since the beginning of the song.

overall, it was a cute listen and thank you so much yes

Blondie - Call Me

PERIOD!!! YUP!!! this is such a good choice and i enjoyed every second of it.. thinking of chichi :'(

Miley Cyrus - Gimme What I Want

aww i'm sad that you will get the punishment because of the G :cries: cause this song is actually so good

and its also one of the best songs from plastic hearts so yea i don't think i'm gonna punish you in my rankings at all :wink:

whew almost got a heart attack cause i got 503'd and then i clicked back and everything is gone

thankfully, we recovered it x

Anastacia - Left Outside Alone

Nah

Beabadoobee - Care

its okay

Ashlee Simpson - Pieces Of Me

great song

Paramore - Still Into You

crushcrushcrush outsold

Soccer Mommy - Circle The Drain

oh this is good

Halsey - You Asked For This

love it

Slayyyter - Over This!

um no

Florence+The Machine - Mother

Florence's voice is so good and the song is great

Paramore - crushcrushcrush

classic

Fall Out Boy - Uma Thurman

ooh will get points, FOB is a must for pop-rock

Hilary Duff - Come Clean

CLASSIC!

Donna Missal - How Does It Feel

hmm, cute

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads Will Roll

another classic!

Blondie - Call Me

great

Miley Cyrus - Gimme What I Want

not my favorite from PH but still good

is Come Clean considered pop/rock?

GwGkVeR.png?width=360&height=450

????? ?

Spoiler

DONT STOP ME NOW - cute. It has a nice energy and I like the campiness to it. Not something I'd listen to over and over but it's a nice offering here

HAPPIER THAN EVER - this mitski'd serve single-handedly saved the era from being an absolute slump. Such a great song, the slow buildup to an explosive finish. It's still baffling to me that this was not the blueprint for more songs on the album and that this wasn't the closer. Anyways great pick! Prolly my fav billie song

ZERO - amazing choice! The production on this is top notch

LIPSTICK - some of the moments here fall a bit flat, but it's one of the nicer cuts on that album. I don't hate it but I'm not crazy about it either

THE WIRE - ABSOLUTELYYYYYYY :jonny2:

RUMORS - this cult classic yeah.. so much fun

PRISONER - where to start with this CLASSIC :jonny5: Obvi I'm biased but this is such a good collaboration. Both artists get a good amount of time, and it feels like a perfect marriage between their sounds. The rock-ish sounds from Miley and her era, and the slight glam-rock and disco influences from Duallah. A pairing that shouldn't work this well but did :jonny5:

I WILL - the CLASSICS in this group oh MY :jonny5:

HONEY - I liked this on the album but these are the moments where I would've hoped it would've gone harder. It feels like toned down to become more accessible? Anyways it's a nice song but not my fav song on the album

THE CHAIN - the guitar work on this is impeccable

PROUD MARY - the second part of this is good, undeniably, but I've never really created a connection with this. Just not obsessed sorry

ALTERLIFE - one of her best songs YEAH

TOTAL ECLIPSE OF HEART - somehow I remembered this.. to be better? Not my cup of tea

STUCK - not bad, not great. Kinda unremarkable imo

IF YOU CAN AFFORD ME - this was very corny. Pretty poor ending of a strong group, sadly

????? 2

Spoiler

LEFT OUTSIDE ALONE - the way she used to dominate Europe sjsjs :deadbanana: this was lovely, I personally think her unique tone really helped elevate this song

CARE - cute choice

PIECES OF ME - all I just see is that one SNL performance.. sorry it's not for me

STILL INTO YOU - paramore ridiculously overused in the games section but I'll make an exception for this classic x

CIRCLE THE DRAIN - very cute

YOU ASKED FOR THIS - much better than the other Halsey song sent in group 1. Great song!

OVER THIS! - fitting title, I'll leave it at that.

MOTHER - too damn long

CRUSHCRUSHCRUSH - as I was saying earlier, they're ridiculously overused in the games section, i will not be making an exception for this one x

UMA THURMAN - 

fpw3oHx.gif

COME CLEAN - It's very much so a product of its time. Doesn't really connect with me anymore

HOW DOES IT FEEL - this was cute? I enjoyed it, even if it's very by the numbers

HEADS WILL ROLL - oh ABSOLUTELY. very much so a classic

CALL ME - classic. Love that you can hear both what time it's coming from, whilst still feeling timeless :clap3: 

GIMME WHAT I WANT - surely there were plenty of picks on this same album that didn't have a banned letter nn. Big bop tho! who knows how it might all play out!

Spoiler

Left Outside Alone: I think I recall this from years ago, it’s quite good :jamming:

Care: love her, not my absolute favorite song but I’ll rank it high

Pieces Of Me: this one is nice but probably middle of the road for this group

Still Into You: has always been massively overrated, not even top in my top 5 from the album

Circle The Drain: lovely :heart:

You Asked For This: potentially my fave on the album :heart:

Over This!: HER BEST SONG :jonny5:

Mother: the ending goes off :jonny5: her Happier Than Ever!

crushcrushcrush: the superior Paramore song! reminds me of playing rock band on my psp x

Uma Thurman: hmm it’s not for me x

Come Clean: it’s a nice little song but I was never in love with it, the chorus sounds kinda muffled as well

How Does It Feel: very nice actually :jamming:

Heads Will Roll: a bit of a classic, the remix slaps too :jonny5:

Call Me: another classic :jamming:

Gimme What I Want: why is this clicking with me now nnnn I never liked it much beter but anyways, rule breaker x

ILDCgWw.gif

f60d0a804b56196488348bd10cbe1a5f.jpg

K A V I S H  K R I T I Q U E S    

An absolute classic obviously.  It's pretty special to me because it's kind of an inside-joke between me and my ex supervisor.  I think of him every time I hear this now.  Bless you G. ?

I really like the structure of the song.  The build-up is very well done.  The production during the second part ("and I don't talk **** about you on the internet" onwards) is a bit grimy and grating though.  At first I thought there was something wrong with my headphone, but they actually made that on purpose and I don't appreciate that choice.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Zero

They were really killing it that year, didn't they.  This comes from the same album as the Halloween classic "Heads Will Roll".  The switch-up in the middle of the song is so glorious and euphoric. A banger.

WILLOW - Lipstick

I like this song along with t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l, but I have the same criticism for both.  They just feel like demos.  The right type of demo, but they could have elevated it with a more polished production.  

HAIM - The Wire

A groovy earworm.  One of my favourite tracks and albums of 2013. 

Lindsay Lohan - Rumors

This comes from the era where all the teen actresses were turning into singers, and most of them - including this one - feels a bit too manufactured for me.  

A very nice collaboration.  Miley's rocker voice mixed with Dua's pop touch.  It is already a nostalgic bop for me because it takes me back to distinct memories of last year. 

Sky Ferreira - I Will

It has a nice melody, but the instrumentation overpowers her vocals and it isn't just pleasant on the first listen.  

Halsey - Honey

Too bad you couldn't send "I am not a woman, I'm a god" because it would have been very high on my ranking.  "Honey" is good too though, even if it feels safe and textbook pop-rock.  It has a very Panic! at the Disco or Fall Out Boy feel, for example.

Evanescence covered this on their new album 'The Bitter Truth' (Japanese Edition), so I have been listening to both lately.  Such an amazing and catchy classic.

Tina Turner - Proud Mary

A classic, but not one that I'd come back often to.  In the beginning she explains how the song is going to be played out and it's a pretty ordinary rock structure that blends with the other classics of that time. Tina has better songs that sound more special. 

I like the shoegaze-y instrumental parts, but it gets pretty middle-of-the-road when she sings.

A total and timeless classic.  

Stacie Orrico - Stuck

A cute throwback 2000s song.

It is okay, but not much of a stand-out.  I do appreciate this direction for Katy though.

Q4brdE1.png

Edited by Kavish

Rankings sent.

This was a very pleasant round for ME!  Even if I criticised you, you may still have been in my Top 10.  

Q4brdE1.png

Edited by Kavish

I remember hating this but it's actually kinda fun

Don't get the hype over this. It's not bad but I'll pass

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Zero

Love love love this song!!!

WILLOW - Lipstick

Not feeling it at all :emofish:

HAIM - The Wire

Absolutely!!! Their debut is still their best album yup

Lindsay Lohan - Rumors

Fun classic :gaycatina1:

This grew on me a bit

Sky Ferreira - I Will

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Halsey - Honey

She's a cute girl

I use some of their classics but this one never did it for me

Tina Turner - Proud Mary

No thanks

My favorite Rina song! I always prefered her EP to her album

Cute MOR classic

Stacie Orrico - Stuck

Big bop!!

Love this! Only her best album

At least my reviews got better but I still feel like i'm unsafe :dancehall3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.