Vanishing Letters ☄️ | Winner revealed! (pg. 142)

miguel

Just now, disruptive said:

period

Your SOTS song was magnificent, you're such a great writ... oh

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miguel

• thecptz

• Navyofbadgals

• ughgabriel

5 minutes ago, ughgabriel said:

Your SOTS song was magnificent, you're such a great writ... oh

thanks

disruptive

RJDu4jb.png

Annie Lenox - Little Bird: I like it

Soccer Mommy - Your Dog: Well.. it's not bad

(G)I-DLE - LION: That was a 10 week #1 I think

Nelly Furtado - I'm Like A Bird: Bitch it's the masterpiece

Victoria Monet - Jaguar: Ariana's ghostwriter snapped :jamming:

Miguel - Wolf: This sounds like it would be in a trailer for some action movie. It's alright

Nelly Furtado - Maneater: cHAdcZz.gif

Chairlift - Moth to the Flame: Caroline snapped :katie2:

Billie Marten - Bird: Cute...

Freya Ridings - Elephant: Cute... [2]

St. Vincent - Year Of The Tiger: The MASSEDUCTION chanteuse kinda snapped

Doja Cat - MOOO!: The way I was sure she wouldn't happen when this went semi-viral... anyway it's certainly not one of her best and it's long so..

tumblr_pqr3f4v4i51ww8fkko2_250.gifv

little bird: this was alright

your dog: I like this, soccer mommy is a cute girl

lion: iconic classic even tho hann destroys it but still love this

i'm like a bird: loveeeeeeeeee <3

jaguar: cute little bop !!

wolf: also a cute little bop

maneater: this is a bop bop bop

moth to the flame: I like this a lot

bird: pretty and cute

elephant: don't rlly like this sorry

year of the tiger: I got bored but it's not that bad

moo: iconic but not her best

WRxt6dP.png

Spoiler

Annie Lenox - Little Bird

Ok wow I am STANNING this. I absolutely adore her vocal tone, the production is great, and there’s so many cool harmonies and backing vocals throughout. This is a really strong start to the round, makes me want to check out more of her music.

Soccer Mommy - Your Dog

This is cute I guess. The whole song is pleasant enough but pretty unremarkable. Not much else to say about it.

(G)I-DLE - LION

Ooh this definitely grabbed my attention in a good way. I really like the dark feel of the melody in the verses, and the bridge is kinda a slay. I wish the chorus had wowed me a bit more, but overall I really enjoyed it.

Nelly Furtado - I'm Like A Bird

This is one of the first songs I can vividly remember Canadian radio spamming to absolutely no end. It annoyed me back when I was a kid and still annoys me now tbh. I’m just really not a fan of her vocals on this, they’re very whiney.

Victoria Monet - Jaguar

The harmonies in the intro are excellent and the tempo switch-up at the beginning seemed like a great idea, but then the song got kind of bland after that. The horn break was great though, so overall I’m left feeling like the song was good but could have been better.

Miguel - Wolf

Miguel honestly has one of the best male vocal tones in modern music. The song itself is kind of all over the place - I really loved the verses, but the chorus was a let down for me and the bridge was kinda mess. Pretty good overall though, I think this will end up in the upper half of my ranking unless the next few songs really slay me.

Nelly Furtado - Man-eater

It’s better than I’m Like A Bird at least. The chorus is pop excellence, I just wish the rest of the song wasn’t so annoying. The verses start off alright but get irritating quickly, and the bridge/outro is just a mess. You’re lucky I love this chorus so much.

Chairlift - Moth to the Flame

A cute little bop. A bit too repetitive, but it was enjoyable to listen to overall, although I wouldn’t rush to listen to it again.

Billie Marten - Bird

This is a really pretty and lovely ballad. Maybe I’m just in the right mood for it, but it hit emotionally and really kept my attention. The production during the last minute or so is really beautiful.

Freya Ridings - Elephant 

Her vocal tone is cool and there’s some really nice vocal moments in here, but the rest of the song beyond her vocals was kind of just there. Like if this was sung by a less interesting singer, it’d be very forgettable.

St. Vincent - Year Of The Tiger

I haven’t listened to much St. Vincent, but I’ve listened to enough to know that this definitely isn’t one of my favourites by her. I found this very dull and boring honestly. I kept hoping it would eventually go somewhere more interesting, but it never did.

Doja Cat - MOOO!

Yeah NO. This is the textbook definition of a song that’s only enjoyable to listen to when you’ve never heard it before because of the humour/shock value/“wtf was that” reaction you get to experience. Once that’s removed, this is boring, annoying and kinda lame. And definitely should not be 5 minutes.

RDfTwGt.png

Annie Lenox - Little Bird - quite decent, not my fav annie lennox song by any means but I don't hate it
Soccer Mommy - Your Dog - quite nice! I like
(G)I-DLE - LION - this is pretty bad!
Nelly Furtado - I'm Like A Bird - this is very corny
Victoria Monet - Jaguar - honestly a pretty weak song :cm: I like this album but this is easily in my bottom 3. It's very forgettable
Miguel - Wolf - quite a nice bop, love me some miguel (the singer) x :cm: 
Nelly Furtado - Maneater - failing to see how this fits the theme but it's a nice sing
Chairlift - Moth to the Flame - dated production
Billie Marten - Bird - a snooze
Freya Ridings - Elephant - a worse snooze
St. Vincent - Year Of The Tiger - EXCELLENCEEEEEEEE :jonny5:
Doja Cat - MOOO! - there was no reason for you to send this. Please for the love of god just look for normal songs

mediocre round x

Annie Lenox - Little Bird: it's cute

Soccer Mommy - Your Dog: another cute song

(G)I-DLE - LION: wait this is a slay

Nelly Furtado - I'm Like A Bird: kii

Victoria Monet - Jaguar: eh it's okay

Miguel - Wolf: bop a bit

Nelly Furtado - Maneater: dated bop

Chairlift - Moth to the Flame: I moved a bit

Billie Marten - Bird: cute lullaby

Freya Ridings - Elephant: I don't like the vocals sorry

St. Vincent - Year Of The Tiger: the bore. I like this more than the previous one though

Doja Cat - MOOO!: :hoetenks:

Was coming for SAFE but now that most of the judges critiques are in I think it's LOW/OUT :praise: 

yNpb8xh.png

i actually like the verses :eek: and its an interesting entry

the chorus is a bit letdown tbh because the verses are so great, whewww!

Soccer Mommy - Your Dog

ive been wanting to get into her :jonny: this is quite good.

i dont rlly enjoy it that much like little bird but its still quite good!!!!

(G)I-DLE - LION

ok wait i didnt expect it to be this good :wig: weeeeee- WHEW the rap part!!!!!

a classic! this was my original choice so ofc, i'm gonna stan it :kii2:

Victoria Monet - Jaguar

supersonic pussycat yup yup!!!! its a cute lil bop but its good :gaygacat5:

Miguel - Wolf

um i'm conflicted :/ i wanted to like this but there are parts that make me kinda don't rlly like it?

hmm......

Nelly Furtado - Maneater

the verses are quite good but the chorus is so annoying AFDGFASFAFAD pls

i remember listening to this album and this is one of the standouts from that album

its sooooo good AHHHHHH~

Billie Marten - Bird

i actually kinda like this? its a cute ballad

Freya Ridings - Elephant

i- this is just so beautiful :weeps: a better ballad in this round tbh!!!

cute lil song

Doja Cat - MOOO!

queen shouting out skinny legend from webkinz, yup

wDRDMX7.gif

The way "Soccer Mommy - Your Dog" sounds like it would be a punk song, and is being critiqued like it's a hit pop song, but it's actually a boring indie girl.

i6ub7t2.gif

• ATRL Moderator

Not a 24 hour turnaround in this economy

Little Bird: I do not know if I liked it or not idk where I’ll rank it tbh, it’s not bad but it finished and I genuinely don’t remember what it sounds like 

Your Dog: this has 0 interesting elements to it zzzzzz

LION: ehhhhhhhhhhh this is just okay

I’m Like a Bird: I ****ing hate this song it’s awful and annoying ❤️

Jaguar: this bops yassssssss lemme listening 

Wolf: ehhhhhhhhhhh this is just okay [2]

Maneater: how does this fit the theme :rip: it’s a bop but I might tank you for not fitting the theme stay tuned

Moth to the Flame: much better than several songs here it bops omfg

Bird: idk if it’s pretty or a snooze...... stay tuned

Elephant: this is very very pretty maybe what the previous song wishes it was yup

Year of the Tiger: idk if it’s pretty or a snooze...... stay tuned [2]

Mooo!: iconic but awful meme’d song we’ve had enough

Turrible round 

• ATRL Moderator

dN3PQdL.png

Love this so much. It's always daring to send an older song but this is really crafted excellently.

Soccer Mommy - Your Dog

The production was pretty solid, but the melody left a lot to be desired. I do still want to check out their record from earlier in the year, but I was definitely a bit disappointed with this.

(G)I-DLE - LION

I quite liked the chorus of this song! The energy throughout was palpable, but I did find the verses and bridge to be a bit rough in a way that I didn't personally enjoy as much.

This is such a classic and one that I really love. I actually have found myself with this song randomly popping into my head at times over the years... just a feel good anthem and I disagree with the haters.

Victoria Monet - Jaguar

This is cute. I think it's one of the weaker songs that I've heard from Victoria honestly, but the melody actually does grow on you after a few listens.

Miguel - Wolf

Mmmm.... kind of left wanting more from this. It was kind of raw and sexy but felt a bit filler in the round.

Nelly Furtado - Maneater

YASSSSSS. Bop. Classic. Why wasn't this a #1 on the Hot 100 like Promiscuous and Say It Right?

I'm a sucker for Caroline's music... I don't know much of her Chairlift stuff but I really must check it out. This was so beautiful and catchy at the same time, which is pretty iconic to me.

Billie Marten - Bird

This was really impressive. Absolutely beautiful and genuine atmosphere, melody, and vocal. Great choice!

Freya Ridings - Elephant 

I actually quite liked this! It had a certain tension throughout that she held with her voice masterfully. Very unique.

Unfortunately, this song didn't connect with me. It kind of dragged on without any intrigue.

Doja Cat - MOOO!

LMAO so I once told my 63 year old coworker about this song and she watched the video and ended up being SUCH a stan ... she even changed her icon on our IM system to a cow laksdjlakdj. ANYWAY... I do appreciate this song as a meme hit with clever lyrics... but as a quality song that you want to listen to... for me personally, I can't endorse it in that manner.

Well, miguel and shelven's opinions were a little debatable but i'm going to give em a pass

post it fat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.