Vanishing Letters ☄️ | Winner revealed! (pg. 142)

miguel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miguel

• thecptz

• Navyofbadgals

• ughgabriel

ZxI6jzA.png

Hello finalists, this is the last time we'll be doing this :weeps: 

Send me your rankings of each category (from 1 to 4) via DM or discord (miguel#004).

ENTRIES | Roadtrip

Spotify

Spoiler

Kesha - Tik Tok
Lady Gaga - Poker Face
The Beatles - Here Comes the Sun
Magdalena Bay - Venice

ENTRIES | Love Song

Spotify

Spoiler

John Legend | All Of Me
Lykke Li - Love Me Like I'm Not Made of Stone
Cigarettes After Sex - Heavenly 
Dua Lipa - Love Again

ENTRIES | My Favorite Things!

Spotify

Spoiler

Lorde - Ribs
Zola Jesus - Bound 
Brandy - I Wanna Be Down
Selena Gomez - The Heart Wants What It Wants

ENTRIES | Anything but POP

Spotify

Spoiler

Megan Thee Stallion - Big Ole Freak
PJ Harvey - Down by the Water
Dreams We've Had - it all feels the same
Vanjess - Come Over

@clue@Alena@ughgabriel@thecptz

HELLO & WELCOME BACK TO THE FINALE

Hello losers of VL7, you may be asking yourself why you're being tagged in this ****ed up game again. The answer is that we've finally reached the finale, and i'd like for you to help choose the winner. There's 4 categories for the finale, and 4 finalists, so you'll have to listen to 16 songs and rank them (1-4 for each category) and send it to me via DM or through Discord like you did before. If you can't make it that's fine (I didn't want it anyway :oxygen2:) but if you can i'll be very grateful. You have a bit over 48 hours to send me your rankings if you're going to do so. Thank you :heart:

Hello my esteemed and completely random panel of judges and guest judges for the season (y'all are losers too for not signing up btw). Most of you helped me out with the mess that was round 10 (but i have added a few more people that are more than welcome to participate if they wish to do so. Just like i said above, this is the finale of Vanishing Letters 7 and i'd like you to help me choose the winner.  There's 4 categories for the finale, and 4 finalists, so you'll have to listen to 16 songs and rank them (1-4 for each category) and send it to me via DM or through Discord like you did before. If you can't make it that's fine (I didn't want it anyway ) but if you can i'll be very grateful. You have a bit over 48 hours to send me your rankings if you're going to do so. Thank you 

And finally, hello my 4 finalists. You all don't have to rank this round, but feel free to leave your critiques if you want. The best of luck to all of you :heart:

REMEMBER TO POST YOUR CRITIQUES IF YOU CAN!

HOW IT'LL WORK

Just like it has throughout the season, the cast's rankings will be 50% of the average, and the judges + guest judges will be the other 50%.

And finally for PART 5 of the finale, i'm not gonna actually compile your season averages, but you will be ranked in base of how many points you've accumulated throughout the season. So it will be basically be:

1. thecptz

2. Alena

3. ughgabriel

4. clue

Obviously this WILL play a part in who takes the win, but it only accounts for 20% of your final score, so this is still anyone's game!

@clue@Alena@ughgabriel@thecptz

Some cute moments.. some not so cute..

omg period

Just now, Navyofbadgals said:

Some cute moments.. some not so cute..

post ur crits bestie <3

7 minutes ago, thecptz said:

post ur crits bestie <3

Beatles - trash <3

oh cute I've been evading games a bit but I'll do it in my spare time x

https://i.imgur.com/JuSc8Ul.png

tiktok - bop

poker face - bop

here comes the sun - flop :biblio: shouldve been glee version

venice - meh, they kinda suck

all of me - triggering flop

love me like im not made of stone - triggering classic

heavenly - normally hate them but i love this mazzy star throwback

love again - flop this song goes nowhere so damn annoying

ribs - cheap point grab zzz

bound - cindy this is noise

i wanna be down - classic masterpiece

the heart wants what it wants - classic masterpiece x2

big ole freak - still fresh as fvck

down by the river - something shifted.... shxt got real excellent

it all feels the same - anyway

come over - didnt know these queens had released new music, love this !!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_paoplwDpuN1vrjwbvo1_500.gifv

jJkY173.png

Brandy Driving GIF | Gfycat

TIK TOK - Mega classic. Very fun to sing along to. One of the best pop songs of all time, etc.

POKER FACE - It's alright. I'm pretty meh on it after all these years.

HERE COMES THE SUN - A fun feel-good classic.

VENICE - Cutesy, but not really that great.

Lana Del Rey-Love (Video) : lanadelrey

ALL OF ME - I've never not been annoyed by this song.

LOVE ME LIKE I'M NOT MADE OF STONE - Beautifully sincere.

HEAVENLY - Wait the vocals are serving me MJ :coma:. It's cute enough. It definitely started to drone on for me, though.

LOVE AGAIN - One of my favorite FN tracks. The post-chorus takes me there WHEWWWW.

7 Rings | Ariana Grande – Fangirl mind palace

RIBS - This has always been a skip for me on PH.

BOUND - Cayute. I love the chorus.

I WANNA BE DOWN - NO words for this classic. We-.

THE HEART WANTS WHAT IT WANTS - Very cute.

No No No Sticker by Emoji for iOS & Android | GIPHYlagospace_daily dose of inspiration: POP POP POP MUSIC - DJ Earworm Mashup  – United State of Pop 2013 (Living the Fantasy)

BIG OLE FREAK - Kinda still her best song.

DOWN BY THE WATER - Her music is so incredibly unique. There is no one else who makes music like this. Absolute grunge-y rock classic.

IT ALL FEELS THE SAME - This is literally dream pop. Very nice, though.

COME OVER - I don't care for the mixing here at all, it's distracting.

Roadtrip

Tik Tok - culturally significant me thinks

Pokerface - cute 

Here comes the sun - I’m gonna need the person who sent this to act their age and not 80..

Venice - well.. at least it isn’t the Beatles though I’m lost why they keep getting sent in these games ermmm

Love

all of me - absolutely NOT :rip:

love me like I’m not made of stone - stunning song x

heavenly - it was cute but didn’t really go anywhere for me

love again - YUP!

Fav

Ribs - never been the biggest fan of this song but it’s cute

bound - this is noise, NO THANKS!

I wanna be down - pretty good although a bit too long 

the heart wants what it wants - decent 

Anything but pop

big ole freak - great choice for Megan x luv this

Down by the water - decent 

it all feels the same - decent as well though a bit.. soulless?

come over - big bop

absolutely hate this host but 

giphy.gif

Roadtrip

Spoiler

Kesha - Tik Tok

This is a classic indeed. I can see why you would play this on a trip since everybody and their mothers know every lyric to this song. It's a great song to get turned up to and I think it's the perfect embodiment of the roadtrip theme.

Lady Gaga - Poker Face

This is a classic too. I don't like this as much as I like TikTok but kudos because this would bang on a roadtrip too x.

A classic [3]. My best friend always plays this song when we go on a roadtrip so this fits the theme perfectly for me but I can see why others may not feel the same way about your entry. Will forever be a lovely song. :heart:

Magdalena Bay - Venice

Cute song, but not for this theme I guess.

Love Song

Spoiler

John Legend - All Of Me

Now... I hope you were held at gunpoint by John Legend because I don't know why someone would send one of his songs to an ATRL song game voluntarily.

NTBYRTVERCWEXD MY SONG. Haven't heard this in ages but it's still as good as I remembered. 

As good as each one of their other songs... which means it's probably the worst thing ever made. Not surprising since CAS are probably the worst band to ever exist x.

Dua Lipa - Love Again

One of the best sings on the immaculate Future Nostalgia.

My Favorite Things

Spoiler

Lorde - Ribs

I don't really use this song anymore (probably because I overplayed it for years) but it's still cute. 

Zola Jesus - Bound 

Ahhhhhh love love love Zola and Okovi but I must confess I never listened to this Okovi b-sides EP. I guess I will after this because this was as good as the songs on Okovi.

Brandy - I Wanna Be Down

Now hold on... Let me add this to my playlist. :jamming:

Interesting how this is one of her best songs but it still is nowhere near amazing.

Anything But POP

Spoiler

Tina Snow snapped on this one.

Love the whole Bring You My Love album and this is absolutely one of my favorite PJ Harvey songs overall. Winner methinks.

I like this and I was surprised by the electronic-ish parts since I think this would a full lo-fi song but this sill had no business being 7 minutes song. :michael:

Vanjess - Come Over

Loved loved loved this!!!!!!!!!!! Let me listen to their whole discography later.

alena's final thots (this season)

STREAM THE ALBUM BY BLACKPINK OUT 2.10

7faef67656df2f3ae4ab6bde27e8f9f271240a4e.gifv6fe80caddd2bf9eded3b2f379c52483bf40a43b8.gifv

ODvLtmu.gifODvLtmu.gif

ROADTRIP

ELax4R4U0AEqza2.jpg

Kesha - Tik Tok

very fun!

Lady Gaga - Poker Face

yup a pop classic!

it's okay.

Magdalena Bay - Venice

very nice! i could def see myself bopping to this on a cartrip ^^

LOVESONG

49625924_370950153456504_8692244538614959122_n.jpeg

John Legend - All Of Me

I mean it definitely goes with the 'super cheesy love song' assignment, it's cute!

Pretty :smitten:

This is phenomenal!!

Dua Lipa - Love Again

this is nice too <3

MY FAVORITE THINGS

fee4884f461708d13bc4968dfc11ae6a1f9ecffe.jpg

Lorde - Ribs

Cute.

Zola Jesus - Bound 

Decent.

Brandy - I Wanna Be Down

Decent.

Gorgeous.

NOT POP

a8931cb35bea217eabcbb77b8e4c9e5aaf2c3190.png

A BIG BOP!!!

Some parts are rly cool and some are not..

Too long but not bad!

Vanjess - Come Over

It's just kinda there.

65806515429a5b8dcb01694a777fad8168a431f9.gifv

♡ the end.

Roadtrip

Tik Tok - a bop

Pokerface - iconic

Here comes the sun - lol

Venice - this sounds like a road trip song

Love song

all of me - This does feel very lovey

love me like I’m not made of stone - wow very nice

heavenly - it was cute but didn’t really go anywhere for me [2]

love again - A bop that also fits the theme perfectly

Fav

Ribs - Yes Lorde, yes talent

bound - hmm 

I wanna be down - a Legend

the heart wants what it wants - cute

Anything but pop

big ole freak - YUP

Down by the water - wow this is good

it all feels the same - hmm [2]

come over - This was nice

source.gif

Kesha - TiK ToK

This is a really good pop song! I feel like I'd get more excited over it at a club than on a road trip, though.

I think I'd bop to it with my friends but would skip it after the first chorus. The bridge is amazing though, she always has great bridges!

Lady Gaga - Poker Face

I guess it's cool to hate on Gaga nowadays... Edgy! This is a great song and since most of my friends and myself are Gaga fans, I could definitely picture us having the time of our lives while driving to this song... Actually we went to LA last February and we did get our life to this song <3

The Beatles - Here Comes The Sun

I honestly am not a fan of this band. I find them to be a bit overrated...

Having said that, I love this song and I didn't know it was their song until now! The Parent Trap played a big part on that, so you better thank LiLo<3

Magdalena Bay - Venice

Honestly this was supposed to be my summer song. It was a bummer that summer was ruined </3

k0emjik2rkniycpwdpae

John Legend - All Of Me

This is a very beautiful song. I got tired of it when it was being overplayed on the radio but my love for it was reignited after HTGAWM. When Oliver sang this song to Connor on their wedding... It was so beautiful, the I would cry if someone did that for me :weeps: 

I don't mean this as shade but at first listen this sounds like a worship song. My mom would make me to go to church as a kid and this song reminded me of the songs they'd play there nn
I do think that the lyrics and the rawness of the song are really pretty and sincere! I did like it <3

The epitome of what being in love feels like. Sonically and lyrically <3

Dua Lipa - Love Again

I'm not sure...

This is definitely one of my favorites on Future Nostalgia but it feels a little out of place considering the rest of the songs because of the vibe the song conveys. I could easily picture the rest of the songs being sung at weddings while as for this one, it'd be a little odd. Love the song, but I'm not sure if I love it for this category :(

tenor.gif?itemid=5018622

Lorde - Ribs

Very great song <3 This is Lorde at her best! I would've liked to hear a song that we probably didn't know already but I can't complain too much because this is my favorite Lorde song as well!

Zola Jesus - Bound

Dark wave and industrial are two of my favorite genres <3 The instrumental is just so good!

Would love to go on a cybergoth electro club party and dance to this!

Brandy - I Wanna Be Down

As I've stated before, this is not my favorite genre. However, this is a really good song! I thoroughly enjoyed and it's definitely better than the song that was sent for the duet round, at least in my opinion! Would definitely vibe to it and wouldn't skip it <3

I'm so happy this song happened because it made people take her more seriously. I honestly love this song and I wish it had the same success as Lose You To Love Me. Timeless. I would've liked to hear a song that we probably didn't know already but I can't complain too much because I love this song!

PBx7sHV.gif

chuckyface.gif?resize=512,445&ssl=1

PJ Harvey - Down By The Water

I honestly didn't like the song until the second verse when that glitchy synth came in, that's when things got interesting for me. It was an interesting listen but I'm not sure I would revisit

Yes, an amazing way to translate strong emotions into music. Long songs may not be for everyone but this is the way to do them since it keeps building up until it reaches its final climax and it's a very cathartic moment when that last synth comes in. An experience <3

VanJess - Come Over

This is really groovy! I would've liked it if the song had more ad libs, layers or something to elevate the second and last chorus, that way it would've had more dynamism, or maybe if the song was shorter too. Don't get it wrong though, I did like this song and would love to see it getting played at the stores where I usally shop! <3

Kesha - Tik Tok- this classic, I can definitely see it being good on a road trip, they are for those fun type of songs
Lady Gaga - Poker Face- another classic that I like 
The Beatles - Here Comes the Sun- this Parent Trap bop! 
Magdalena Bay - Venice- oh the only new song from this group for me, I liked it  a lot! 

This group is gonna be tough to rank 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.