Beyoncé debuts at #52 on Spotify

Before the Dawn

12 minutes ago, swissman said:

If this was another pop girl, it would have been released on a Friday at 00:00, teased for at least a week, promoted, released with a lyric video or even a full music video, posted to her Instagram and all social media the moment it was out, etc. etc. And it probably would have featured innocuous lyrics that are in now way political. 

The surprise factor worked for her in the past, why are you trying to change her ways now?! :huh:

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• Lovett

• slw84

• OnMyCoolJ

Y'all really turn anything into a stan war :toofunny2:

Anyway, good numbers I guess? I doubt she wanted more than that

7 minutes ago, Katniss said:

The surprise factor worked for her in the past, why are you trying to change her ways now?! :huh:

I've not once tried to change her ways. I've outlined how her ways limit the surety of her success and often just factually limit her range of success.

Just because surprise factor worked doesn't mean it's made to work. It makes no sense to think that MORE people will stream/buy a song that was surprised released on a Friday night/Saturday morning at midnight than if they had a week's notice and it was released when people know new music comes out. Fans will literally be waiting at 11:59 to go stream a song. How are you getting that level of attention and immediate interest if you don't even post that it's out?

Edited by swissman

1 hour ago, Breathe On Moi said:

It was :deadbanana:

At the end of the day Gaga has already' a smash this year Who tf cares about a Spotify position wtf? :deadbanana:

4 minutes ago, swissman said:

I've not once tried to change her ways. I've outlined how her ways limit the surety of her success and often just factually limit her range of success.

Just because surprise factor worked doesn't mean it's made to work. It makes no sense to think that MORE people will stream/buy a song that was surprised released on a Friday night at midnight than if they had a week's notice and it was released when people know new music comes out. Fans will literally be waiting at 11:59 to go stream a song. How are you getting that level of attention and immediate interest if you don't even post about it that it's out?

If it's meant to be a hit, it'll be a hit. She's Beyonce afterall and nothing goes unnoticed.

Just now, Katniss said:

If it's meant to be a hit, it'll be a hit. She's Beyonce afterall and nothing goes unnoticed.

There's that too. Lots of songs take a long while to peak. I'm not sure this will be the case though given its purpose and subject matter as well as the way it was created.

That being said, lots of songs are meant to be chart hits but aren't. Formation is one of them, given the way Beyoncé limited its success. Charts are not the sole indicator of a song's popularity, success or influence.

I know Savage Remix is doing great, but I still say Beyonce's days as a hitmaker is behind her. I mean, #1 on TTH and #23 in the US?

It's no.1 in TTH, a BOMB :skull:

2 hours ago, MrLovett said:

Not angry, just uninterested in your trolling and desperation.

Nah u seem very angry kiii

-

OUT in so many countires :rip:

2 hours ago, BajanBeauty said:

Talk about pot meets kettle 

How can y’all boldly say stuff like this when at this very moment your fave needed someone else to get her a “hit” which is carrying her album from dropping like a brick

Chromatica 1 and 2 outsreamed this beyonce single :heart:

Oh come on, if this was Gaga or Taylor or Nicki the HIVES will be singing a different tune :dies:

Time to call Meghan for a remix

2 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Beyonce doesn't own her catalogue. Will she be left behind? :biblio:

OT: I don't think the song meant to have commercial success. Maybe it was on TTH because of 19th. Is it still in? 

Interesting fact... She DOES.

She doesn't own Destiny's Child, but all of her solo music is now hers as of that Dear 2020 Commencement speech on YouTube.

She did exactly what T Swift didn't want to do: work in SILENCE in the boardroom, and release 3 projects that gave her the first 3 albums back (EIL, HOMECOMING, The Gift).  

We have access to the same Google so I'll let you research that some more. :sorry:

11 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

Oh come on, if this was Gaga or Taylor or Nicki the HIVES will be singing a different tune :dies:

Time to call Meghan for a remix

I think the main difference is that none of those mentioned have ever released a single even close to the way Beyoncé does it as well as the fact that all of them release very hit-ready tracks.

They're different entities. Doing all the right promo and marketing and planning the release for success and not getting it is one thing, but quietly putting a song out and waiting for people to notice is another.

When was even the last time any of them released a single without a video at the same time? Taylor did so this year. Gaga did twice. Nicki did this year. Beyoncé has released two songs, barely mentioned them and put out no videos to advertise the songs.

Edited by swissman

4 minutes ago, swissman said:

I think the main difference is that none of those mentioned have ever released a single even close to the way Beyoncé does it as well as the fact that all of them release very hit-ready tracks.

They're different entities. Doing all the right promo and marketing and planning the release for success and not getting it is one thing, but quietly putting a song out and waiting for people to notice is another.

It is still too low for a TTH no.1 song :dies:

4 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

It is still too low for a TTH no.1 song :dies:

So do you have any examples of another artist's song having no concurrent video, no other promo, no release date beforehand, barely any mention by the artist for a long while, being #1 on that chart but much higher on Spotify overall?

Edited by swissman

How can y’all boldly say stuff like this when at this very moment your fave needed someone else to get her a “hit” which is carrying her album from dropping like a brick

Double post

Edited by Cryptique

Lol.. SL debuted with 5.6M, all pf her tracks debuted above 2M.. even the fcxkin interludes.. take several seats 

Also, the UK eliminates the 2 biggest hits yet it is still smashing there effortlessly.. but of course Haters will give the credit tp her collaborators.. from a Rih fan.. a kii

O.T Even with no promo or just charity.. 1.3M debut for a TTH no.1 is very BAD, a BOMB.. 

6 minutes ago, swissman said:

So do you have any examples of another artist's song having no concurrent video, no other promo, no release date beforehand, barely any mention by the artist for a long while, being #1 on that chart but much higher on Spotify overall?

Nope.. but that doesnt change the fact that she's no.1 in Spotify's biggest playlist, so why you deflecting to MVs and Promos??

We're talking about Spotify here and TTH is spotify's biggest promo

5 hours ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Girl Bey doesn't own all of her music just like Taylor :rip: She started owning stuff way into her career just like Taylor did with Lover. Gtfo with this stale ass drag that doesn't even make sense in this context.

Please do your research. :sorry:

Beyonce now owns ALL of her solo music because she worked silently in the boardroom w/ Columbia instead of trumpeting everything for clout. Those 3 albums y'all were calling flops (EIL, HOMECOMING, The Gift) bought back her first 3. 

It really does make sense.

What better than a song about Black ownership, Black pride, and deep roots to celebrate the announcement that you own your masters? And it's for charity? And it was meant to soundtrack her directory of black-owned businesses?

She's racking up the points and not lifting a finger. 

Wait it's also no.1 in New Music Friday and Pop Rising?? :skull:

13 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

Nope.. but that doesnt change the fact that she's no.1 in Spotify's biggest playlist, so why you deflecting to MVs and Promos??

We're talking about Spotify here and TTH is spotify's biggest promo

Because the more you let the public notice and realize you have a song, the more people will go to Spotify and want to stream that song. This is Marketing 101.

Music videos and promotion gets people to know about your work. Even something as simple as telling people when to expect the song will influence how much its consumed. Do you think anyone was waiting around at 11:59 on a Friday night just in case Beyoncé or anyone released a song? And Saturday morning, when Beyoncé didn't even post about it herself, how were people supposed to know that there's a new song? The TTH playlist is not that powerful.

If you can't provide any examples I guess it seems we cannot accurately state that there is no correlation between promotion and how well a song gets streamed.

Edited by swissman

Wait it's also no.1 in New Music Friday and Pop Rising?? :skull:

I wanted to come in and say this song is great it doesn’t matter how it performs commercially but damn the hives are SO ANNOYING. Why is Taylor getting brought up at all they just want to shade and drag everybody. And their shade don’t even make sense.

bEyOncE nOw oWnS heR mUsiC!1! :doc: Shut the **** up. Celebrate this great song. But it seems the hives are incapable of praising their fave without bringing others down.

Edited by TaylorFantasy

Why is a lack of promo never an excuse allowed for Beyoncé yet I see it used for everyone else?

Beyoncé is perhaps the popstar who does the least promo, but when it comes to her music, everything should slay right out the gates or she's a flop.

ATRL can have you hypocrisy but at the end of it, no one in the real world cares about chart positions.

2 minutes ago, swissman said:

Because the more you let the public notice and realize you have a song, the more people will go to Spotify and want to stream that song. This is Marketing 101.

Music videos and promotion gets people to know about your work. Even something as simple as telling people when to expect the song will influence how much its consumed. Do you think anyone was waiting around at 11:59 on a Friday night just in case Beyoncé or anyone released a song? And Saturday morning, when Beyoncé didn't even post about it herself, how were people supposed to know that there's a new song? The TTH playlist is not that powerful.

If you can't provide any examples I guess it seems we cannot accurately state that there is no correlation between promotion and how well a song gets streamed.

No.1 in TTH

No.1 in New Music Friday

No.1 in Pop Rising

No.2 Pop Rising

And some others..

:dies:

"The Cure" debuted with 905k with ZERO Playlistings and no notice either and people were dragging it :dies: