Beyoncé debuts at #52 on Spotify

Before the Dawn

1 minute ago, Blade said:

I’ve already donated over $100 to multiple organizations aimed at Black liberation. I’m sure they can do without another $1.29 :) 

That's great!! Thank you for donating! :clap3:

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• Lovett

• slw84

• Yanko

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MrLovett said:

That doesn't even make sense. How did she "release a song performing like this"? :skull: What a dumb statement. Also, it's #1 on iTunes with a huge lead and top 5 on Amazon. The streams are weak, but claiming its producing 'virtually no revenue' is categorically false.

She's never proclaimed herself to be a billionaire, she donates privately and has a directory of black owned businesses listed on her website for promotion. Stop pretending like you care whatsoever about her supporting black businesses, we all know you're only interested in trolling.

A few posts on some forum don’t negate the actual activism and money I’ve put in in real life. :) 

Anyways, I wonder how the single’s second day will fair.

16 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

Music OWNERSHIP for female artists is the wave now. 

Hop on or get left behind. 

What is a number 1 when half of the proceeds go to the label?  :sleep:

Girl Bey doesn't own all of her music just like Taylor :rip: She started owning stuff way into her career just like Taylor did with Lover. Gtfo with this stale ass drag that doesn't even make sense in this context.

OT: Who cares? A certain fanbase is trying REALLY hard to drag this song meant to benefit a serious cause. Hopefully it does well since it's for a good cause... it's not a laughing matter if it doesn't? I don't get it, I just don't. I wouldn't even go this low for artists I really dislike :deadbanana: 

Edited by Holiest Dreams

1 minute ago, Blade said:

A few posts on some forum don’t negate the actual activism and money I’ve put in in real life. :) 

Anyways, I wonder how the single’s second day will fair.

A person who actually valued activism and the importance of the BLM movement, along with supporting black owned businesses, wouldn't feel the need to troll black women and songs like "Black Parade" during this time. But sure, let's pretend that's what you're doing. :)

It should've done better, but it's not a lead single or anything so whatever.

I get that it's a song with a message and what's happening right now, but I am still a bit confused as to why she decided to put out a song, is it just me (I'm mainly speaking to the Hive/people who like Bey)? 

I think she should've done something with Lemonade/Formation (idk what, so this suggestion is a bit lazy), but yeah. Lemonade's impact years later >>> This new song, so I think maybe she should've done something different, but whatever.

2 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

A person who actually valued activism and the importance of the BLM movement, along with supporting black owned businesses, wouldn't feel the need to troll black women and songs like "Black Parade" during this time. But sure, let's pretend that's what you're doing. :)

I value activism hun. I am an activist. Just because I’m pointing out how some multi-millionaires song is bombing on streaming doesn’t negate that :) 

3 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Girl Bey doesn't own all of her music just like Taylor :rip: She started owning stuff way into her career just like Taylor did with Lover. Gtfo with this stale ass drag that doesn't even make sense in this context.

OT: Who cares? A certain fanbase is trying REALLY hard to drag this song meant to benefit a serious cause. Hopefully it does well since it's for a good cause... it's not a laughing matter if it doesn't? I don't get it, I just don't. I wouldn't even go this low for artists I really dislike :deadbanana: 

Yes you would. We all would. Why you lying. 

OP - the song‘s just not good. I mean I get what they’re trying to do with the production and I think the gift got closer to doing it right. I hope she pushes through with a mix of urban and African styles for the album in a way that’s more enjoyable. It really does have the potential to be great. Especially when it’s bey doing it. 

Just now, Blade said:

I value activism hun. I am an activist. Just because I’m pointing out how some multi-millionaires song is bombing on streaming doesn’t negate that :) 

Of course you are. Activists don't choose to stop valuing the movement in order to troll others' support of it. An activist would be supporting a charity song that is actively trying to support black owned businesses. An activist would be promoting a charity song that is actively trying to support black owned businesses. You're not fooling anyone with your hypocrisy.

A few more charts updated

Canada: #47

Australia: #92

Spain: OUT

Mexico: OUT

Netherlands: OUT

Sweden: OUT

Switzerland: OUT

Indonesia: OUT

Philippines: OUT

1 minute ago, Before the Dawn said:

A few more charts updated

Canada: #47

Australia: #92

Spain: OUT

Mexico: OUT

Netherlands: OUT

Sweden: OUT

Switzerland: OUT

Indonesia: OUT

Philippines: OUT

:rip: 

stable :clap3:

The obsession and efforts to drag a charity single :rip: :rip: 

14 minutes ago, Sept said:

The obsession and efforts to drag a charity single :rip: :rip: 

2 pages = obsession ? :laugh:

1 minute ago, Kékette said:

2 pages = obsession ? :laugh:

Of some users here. With 213235 threads and posts about Black Parade

Haven’t listened to it yet.

1 hour ago, Timber said:

It was not meant to be. The intro is truly something else...I understand why people are skipping it. The rest is beautiful though. :heart:

It's #1 on TTH, clearly it was MEANT to be successful, the GP just doesn't want it.

1 hour ago, frenchyisback said:

I could not finish the song and stopped after the 1st chorus.

This track sounds like it might have been an EIL reject that she figured could be used to match this moment.

Either way, if she wanted to honor Juneteenth, she should have out more effort and given us an actually good track.

I can relate :deadbanana4: I couldn't finish the song too. 

15 minutes ago, H-I-M said:

It's #1 on TTH, clearly it was MEANT to be successful, the GP just doesn't want it.

That’s what I said. :rip:

1 hour ago, Blade said:

Such a shame! It’s US debut is also extremely underwhelming. J Cole’s song made more noise. :( 

12 minutes ago, perfillusion said:

NOT EVEN TOP 50 OMG

why are monsters so embarrassing ugh

The song doesn't sound like a smash, what more is there to say? It's a very important song for black americans, it's sad some are using this against Bey and their petty stan wars.

but that was expected on this site tbh