Holy Trinity 9 ? Winners Revealed! (page. 60) - THANK YOU!

minho

gf3h37A.png

Hug - I love love love the presentation and concept. 

You incorporated the tarot card meanings in different ways, and using video game soundtracks made a lot of sense with your idea. 

I do think songs with lyrics might've been better to actually get the meanings of the tarots across.

Gay Rat - Nice to see a personal-esque story, I liked your last personal entry as well.

Overall, I like the journey you took us on, and I felt like the songs you chose reflected the general story well.

But I was less convinced about the associations with your cards. 

clue - Oop you said simple. As a result this is almost entirely dependent on the music.

In which case I... thought it was pretty strong. 

The first song felt kind of blah, less of an intriguing interpretation, but as a whole things fit.

ughgabriel - Yep we love some self promo.  This was a nice entry, I liked that you tied it with something of your own.

However I felt it would've been stronger if it was reeled back in, letting the ideas or songs speak for themselves.

There was just so much to this entry that I think it could've actually been stronger with some restraint.

PinkBox - I think its funny that you were skeptical of your entry and yet this ended up being by far your strongest.

Every single song choice fit perfectly and your personal connection with the tarot cards actually made a lot of sense.

It was a refreshing change from you and really helped take your entries to the next level.

MLD - I'm surprised that you were able to pull it off fairly well given the restrictions.

Having a sort of fan fiction approach is surprisingly not something we've seen that often so far.

It's a nice entry but I was felt like it could've been more creative at times.

Rotunda - I always find it interesting when someone uses just one artist, but each time they do this it makes sense.

The emotion of your entry is obviously the highlight, and the narrative you presented was one that gripped me.

The songs were perfect for your entry and basically tied into your interpretation of the cards well too.

Dessy - The Yu-Gi-Oh references from this game so far, we-

Yet ironically it was perfect for this round, so great job on making that connection.

This was a simple entry but it made sense.  The first and third song were perfectly fine with the cards, but Miss Independent felt out of place.

@Hug @Gay Rat Divorce @clue @ughgabriel @PinkBox @MusicLoverDude @Rotunda @Dessy

As a reminder, the FT last round (PinkBox / Dessy) got a bonus where they could pick a judge and their rank for that judge would automatically be one spot higher.  Please note I need your decision before results, but you can wait for other critiques as well.

Also a sad(?) announcement, next round will be the semi-finale, followed by the finale afterwards. 

I'll give more info on this later when I sort through some stuff but I do want to send a quick thank you to all of you for sticking with this game, it means a lot to me since you made my games section debut a smash!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• minho

• ATRL Username

• Hug

• ughgabriel

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, minho said:

you're right, everyone SHOULD thank me

I don't thank you bc you said you don't like when people thank you for things ?

Just now, Hug said:

I don't thank you bc you said you don't like when people thank you for things ?

GoX7sVi.png

I heard that if you post as much as you do in webkinz in here you’ll gain a special power to end the game :shook:!!!

Just now, minho said:

I heard that if you post as much as you do in webkinz in here you’ll gain a special power to end the game :shook:!!!

The only power people want in this game is the power to quit

1 minute ago, minho said:

I don't want the game to end though, does that mean I should stop posting?

1 hour ago, minho said:

the tumbleweeds in here

nobody moved

Hi I’m sorry idk who’s in but I need one more day I’ve been busy ? xoxo

4 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

Hi I’m sorry idk who’s in but I need one more day I’ve been busy ? xoxo

don't worry at all, take your time :heart:

Hi I’m sorry idk who’s in but I need one more day I’ve been busy ? xoxo

Damn, literally only one set of reviews so far. I've been waiting to hear what Henry, Z and Bagels think.

RDfTwGt.png

Hug - Very nice work. Great concept and great execution. That mysterious tower song was :smitten:  It was cute and touching, and unexpected

Gay Rat Divorce - It's nice work. It's clear that you're a strong writer. I will say that is very.. unexpectedly.. normal? Like I like your little spin but I feel like you've been more creative in the past. Still, I think you hit the brief and then some :heart2: 

Clue - probably your most minimalistic entry to date.. but I think that's not necessarily a bad thing. You still had a nice spin on the challenge and you had a nice format to present it in as well. I also liked the last two songs a little bit more but I think you had some strong work here, despite it being minimal. 

Ughgabriel - I liked that your entry had a strong focus on the tarot cards (or at least it seemed so compared to the others). As always you executed it nicely, but  I agree with minho, sometimes it's okay to reel it in a little. Where Clue is very minimalist, you've been more leaning to maximalism. Sometimes that works and blows my socks off, and sometimes it's nice but it's showing unnecessary cracks. xxx

Pinkbox - now why did you actually serve.. you know HT loves a good personal reference! The thing is though, it needs to make sense.. and it just did here. It's a very solid and sound entry, and one that is a nice change of pace for you. Good job tbh

MLD - interesting interpretation to the round! I like that, and it's something new for you in this competition as well. I feel like, just like gabe, you could've reeled it in at points, or made the lay-out of the entry a little bit better to soothe the reading experience. Overall nicely done tho x

Rotunda - :heart2: really touching entry. Besides the emotion, it's also just.. RIGHT with every single aspect here. You did a great job this round representing both the idea of tarot cards, and putting your own spin on it.

Dessy - yeah I agree miss independent wasn't the best fit.. but besides that? It was really fun and enjoyable to read. The other two song choices hold up well and I like the interpretation xx

@Hug @Gay Rat Divorce @clue @ughgabriel @PinkBox @MusicLoverDude @Rotunda @Dessy

The mysterious tower song is my favorite song from any video game :'( Really appreciate the nice words :heart: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.