? DIAMOND HIT ? Farewell / Next Season Announcement pg.328 ?

fountain

tKYUUe6.png

AIwg8JM.png

w6XXe5C.jpg

20oRYj7.jpg

h1z3X05.jpg

ebxFFWe.png

n2OX6Ps.jpg

Verse 1

Looking ahead, I see faded horizons

And there's nothing before us but a dark moon rising

Black is enveloping us from every direction

But even with no color, you still bleed perfection

Prechorus

Slowly connecting with your spectrum lips

I remember what it feels like when our colors mix

Chorus

Remembering you comes in rose-colored shades

'Cause the day you left, it all turned to gray

And I can't help but to search for that hue

In every sunrise, I only see you

Verse 2

Looking back, I see brilliant shades of blue

An ocean of light that formed when I first saw you

And when I catch myself looking too far ahead

I escape to the fields of gold and rivers of red

Prechorus

Slowly connecting with your spectrum lips

I remember what it feels like when our colors mix

Chorus

Bridge

Escaping to a haven where the colors define me

I search for the relics that used to remind me

I might never reach the dawn I'm heading for

So I'll cherish the sunset and not ask for more

And even when I'm drifting off into the abyss

You'll be that relic that reminds me that love still exists

Chorus

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• ceremonials

• Jackson

• Temporal

Top Posters In This Topic

over, over and again :jamming: Tove keeps serving quality bops 

2 hours ago, Temporal said:

Poor it

the random lash

wait, we're at the Top 12 already? looks like even if I flop my career Top 12 streak is still in tact :gaycat5: 

poor zara larsson, her US career

19 minutes ago, Aurora said:

wait, we're at the Top 12 already? looks like even if I flop my career Top 12 streak is still in tact :gaycat5: 

poor zara larsson, her US career

Top 13 but it's going to turn top 10 in a couple of days :dancehall: 

5 minutes ago, ughgabriel said:

Top 13 but it's going to turn top 10 in a couple of days :dancehall: 

mess, watch me jinx it, place #13 and be eliminated. zara her impact!

i want to do the #MusicWriterExercise challenge thing but that means I'll have to listen to like 6 albums tomorrow just to catch up and idk if I even know 28 albums i haven't heard yet which I want to listen to :matty:

if I did it I'd probably start with

aurora - all my demons greeting me as a friend

bruno mars - 24k magic

jojo - mad love.

lady gaga - joanne

shawn mendes - illuminate

skylar grey - natural causes

20 minutes ago, Aurora said:

i want to do the #MusicWriterExercise challenge thing but that means I'll have to listen to like 6 albums tomorrow just to catch up and idk if I even know 28 albums i haven't heard yet which I want to listen to :matty:

bruno mars - 24k magic

jojo - mad love.

lady gaga - joanne

What is this? 

7 minutes ago, keshaspearsxo said:

What is this? 

I hope the judges understand the concept of my song. I tried to make it as easy to understand as possible :skull: I don't like including explanations but my song does have a double meaning! I also tried to keep the rhythmic meter as tight as possible which is something I never do when I write my songs :lmao: overall, I'm happy with Blanket. The melody is still stuck in my head. :katie2:

Just now, keshaspearsxo said:

Listen to CLC - Crystyle :flower:

Added it to my list, I need to bulk it up anyway so why not? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

32 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Added it to my list, I need to bulk it up anyway so why not? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's only 6 songs, do it now and I'll give you a 10 :cm:

12 minutes ago, keshaspearsxo said:

It's only 6 songs, do it now and I'll give you a 10 :cm:

was just about to go to bed as it's 2am but it's only 20 mins so why not lmao

didn't expect it to be kpop for some reason

liar kinda shook me, mess at this song being called hobgoblin. the chorus kinda goes off.

5 hours ago, Aurora said:

bruno mars - 24k magic

jojo - mad love.

lady gaga - joanne

YESSS

6 hours ago, keshaspearsxo said:

Temporal cannot count 

When I posted that you hadn't added Ceremonials to the doc, so I forgot about ha just like we've all forgotten about all of ha entries :cm:  

Just like I don't have much of anything to say for Jackson most of the time, I always have a lot to say about Kunst. :rip: 

CoGBz9e.png

(Part 1 of 2; too hungry to do the rest rn sorry)

Funnellegs - Tiny Hands/Dear Sister

Well, you said it was pretty self-explanatory, but I am actually confused as to what you were going for here. I thought, at first, this was about a baby sister that died before she could even grow up, but then the way you worded the chorus made me think of something different. Specifically, “you’ll always be her first born, her baby boy.” made me think “wait, is this person trans?” I’m just really lost as to what the theme is. I also couldn’t help but feel some words could be omitted with no consequence, in the chorus particularly. “Tiny hands don’t you let go of me / There’s so much more left for you to see”, where you keep the bolded words. It would help the song not feel as if it runs on.

Corsola - Stained Glass

Okay, let’s just get some things out of the way first. “But when the darkness attacks I shatter

/ Turning me into just a disaster” this line made me mad because you had a great idea and executed it poorly. Here, I will even rewrite it for you. “But when the darkness rises, I shatter / From a work of art to a disaster”. I also don’t like your place/disgrade word choice. Yellows/exposed is the biggest reach for a rhyme I think I’ve seen all season. Now, with that out of the way, I love the idea of stained glass being like two different parts of you, and for the most part, it works well. I particularly love your first verse. That, to me, was the best example of your idea working. I want to give a special mention to the extended chorus, and the lines “...Why I want to hear people say they love my shades / Yet I'll never be able to tell myself the same”, and these two lines alone tell me that there’s more that we need to see from you as a writer, and it makes me look forward to seeing what you do in the future.

Kunst - Lately

Once again, you’ve really intrigued me with your entry because it’s so polarizing to me. On one hand, you have things that, had I not been a judge, would’ve told you to fix before submitting; very easy changes, mind you, that would’ve really taken this higher. For instance, you didn’t need to describe the veins as “busy”; it didn’t add anything to the statement. For the “a hundred faces in the mirror, none of them is mine”, are mine would be proper grammar. I specifically chose your first verse to pick at because even with my critiques about it, I really can not help but love it. The demons swimming in your veins line was a great way to describe be under the influence of drugs, and even though the colors line half seemed like they were there for imagery, I could see the point behind it and I thought it was the perfect way to end that verse. It’s these things that tell me that you do know what you’re doing, but you just need a bit more time for the small changes that make the entry all the better. Something else I want to touch of is your chorus. The “daydream” / ”bloodstream” rhyme felt forced to me, and a bit unneeded. The ending of the chorus was great, though, and I think it was an eloquent way to basically say you’re addicted.

So, typically the label heads would say whether or not they would hire the people who wrote for their label or not, but this time, pear decided against it. At any rate, I still think contestants would want to know, hypothetically, if they would be hired. For you, I would say: Yes, but we’d need to get our camp to fix the song a bit before releasing the final version.

Aurora - Katrina

You know, despite my label write up making it sound all serious, I DID want people to have fun with my label, and it really looks like you did. You had a lot of clever word play here, and you explored some of the issues I highlighted specifically, like his drug addiction and his bisexuality, and all in a way that I thought was very fun (and edgy! Which I loved about it, by the way.) This really makes me sad that we aren’t choosing who we are hiring for bonus points, because I think this will be very polarizing as an entry, but personally, I would hire you instantly!

Ughgabriel - The Neon Demon

What is it with people using weird adjectives to describe their veins for Kayn’s songs? This is my only complaint for you, though, because wig. Once again, you have a wonderful sense of meter that I can easily pick up a rhythm to, and you paint a vibrant image with your word choice, all while keeping it within what I wanted from my label. If we were actually hiring people, you’d be hired for sure. :clap3:

Thecheetahwings - Drown You Out

I was really surprised to see you went with my label, but I figured “Hey, he must be wanting to expand his horizons and ditch the relationship songs”, but this really just felt like another one of those. It took me reading it a couple times, but I think I understand your song now...it’s about him leaving a girl for a guy? It’s an interesting take on my label, but not so interesting coming from you where you’ve dealt with relationships all season. I think this was a wasted opportunity from you, and if we were hiring people in this challenge, I don’t think I’d hire you.

4 hours ago, Aurora said:

didn't expect it to be kpop for some reason

liar kinda shook me, mess at this song being called hobgoblin. the chorus kinda goes off.

Hobgoblin is an ANTHEM

GUNNA WADA WADA UNNA WADA WADA

Meow Meow is a bop I hope you stanned