? DIAMOND HIT ? Farewell / Next Season Announcement pg.328 ?

fountain

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• ceremonials

• Jackson

• Temporal

Top Posters In This Topic

oh that's right I was at work and still haven't read any of them, I should do that (and listen to this 6 albums, which I still haven't started one yet)

also wow your avi is SLAYING Jackson, serve for the Gods. I almost made one with those exact scenes. :smitten:

I'll post it here so you don't have to search

Tee-hee, message me!

It didn't get much longer, I just added a B section!

Edited by 8thPrince

ok I'm switching back to Emerald, this "copy and pasting black text remains black" thing the new ATRL has going on is stupid, it should automatically un-'format' black to automatic

@Hug what images specifically? I thought it was pretty straight forward n.

1 minute ago, ceremonials said:

@Hug what images specifically? I thought it was pretty straight forward n.

" Looking back, I see brilliant shades of blue
An ocean of light that formed when I first saw you
And when I catch myself looking too far ahead
I escape to the fields of gold and rivers of red
"

Basically all of this

"to its sweet cloud of steam" – the way a simple word change can alter the perception of a whole lyric, genius.

The additional refrain / B section is really beautiful too. :smitten: This round is slaying.

3 minutes ago, Hug said:

" Looking back, I see brilliant shades of blue
An ocean of light that formed when I first saw you
And when I catch myself looking too far ahead
I escape to the fields of gold and rivers of red
"

Basically all of this

+1

Shut up Hunter

@Hug I was planning to expand on the whole colors concept a bit, but due to time restraint I didn't, really. Those colors are just supposed to represent the past basically, and the dark ones represent the future. Whereas the present is in more of a gray area, between worrying about the future and fondly remembering the past. The fields of gold/rivers of red was definitely just thrown on there though n, it was something different before but I didn't like it so I changed it. It was supposed to be kinda safe and simple, but I guess i should have expanded on the imagery a bit more to get that point across, because I think that's what I compromised the most this week - the story, which I feel is usually my strong point.

What if y'all stop pretending like you have a social life and get on dubtrack? :eddie:

when you think you have to leave the house to transfer rego and then you read the form better and realise you can do it online

my chart run serving symmetry teas

can't wait to place #0

@Hug "but I’m doing so because you said choices twice."

literally where ? :lmao: I think you mean "noises" but yas thanks!I repeated it on purpose, I think it flows better that way :smitten:

Edited by UFO

1 minute ago, UFO said:

@Hug "but I’m doing so because you said choices twice."

literally where ? :lmao:

I meant noises :rip: 

2 minutes ago, Hug said:

I meant noises :rip: 

Knew it! :skull:  :dies: 

For some reason, the first couple lines of my first verses ALWAYS slay

Edited by UFO

37 minutes ago, Corsola said:

This is gonna sound really stupid but :ahh: I know very little about songwriting so WHAT is the difference between a chorus and a refrain? I tried googling and honestly just got more confused than I began :ahh: 

Not stupid at all. There's really no such thing as a stupid question, especially when it comes to songwriting, because, well, really you can do whatever the heck you want (within reason! Some structures are tried and tested and simply work better than others).

A chorus, refrain and hook can sometimes blur into one another. I personally feel the main differences are the length, and what is being said. A chorus is typically the keystone or heart of a song, it's the primary focus of the song's subject matter, it's what the verses are leading into, and yes, it is repeated a few times. A refrain, like the chorus, is repeated a few times, but is typically shorter than a chorus. Refrains tend to be more punchy and let the verses carry the body of the song. Furthermore, a hook is again, a shorter repeated word or phrase which is designed to be the catchy, memorable or most impactful part of the song (usually, but not always, the titular lyric).

Someone can feel free to #cloque me but honestly I feel like it's up to interpretation and you can call it whatever you want as long as it sounds good. :laugh: There are similar debates about bridge vs. middle eight.

To be honest, I always thought of hooks as something that's supposed to hook the listener into the song, so that's why rap songs tend to have "hooks", that pop element that makes the commonfolk want to listen to it. I would then think of choruses as big, powerful moments in songs that tie the theme of the song together. This would be more reserved for ballads and the like. That would leave refrain, which I...want to associate with orchestral music for some reason. That, or since refrain means like...hold back, it's like a calming part of a song idk.

I never paid much mind to the terminology myself.

I should probably give pears scores so that I don't accidentally hold up results again.

Won't give out hints bc too tired, but here are some stats:

3 people got 10s

1 person got a 5

Besides for the 10s, no scores were repeated

the way you HAND OUT 10s but never to me :'(

It will happen one day. :gaycat3:

6 minutes ago, Hug said:

Won't give out hints bc too tired, but here are some stats:

3 people got 10s

1 person got a 5

Besides for the 10s, no scores were repeated

I'm guessing the 10's are @8thPrince, @ughgabriel and either @Achilles. or @SaintWest from what I can deduce from your comments. :matty: 

3 minutes ago, ughgabriel said:

You are a 10!!! He said he'd "instantly hire you"!

I'd love to believe that but he also said it was quite polarizing. :matty: idk what to infer from that but 10 or no 10 I'm elated. :heart2: 

5 hours ago, Aurora said:

I'd love to believe that but he also said it was quite polarizing. :matty: idk what to infer from that but 10 or no 10 I'm elated. :heart2: 

I'm going to guess it's:

1. 8thPrince

2. ughgabriel

3. Aurora

4. SaintWest

Even if the last two are the other way around, you're still a 10 in my book so :cm: