? DIAMOND HIT ? Farewell / Next Season Announcement pg.328 ?

fountain

“Both your hands slip under and investigate me” “investigate” is such a non-sexy word

lajhfaljg true. :skull: btw his hands slip under and investigate my mind, not my body. I didn't purposefully write my song to be sexy. It just naturally turned out like that dddd :lmao:

But tbh every lyric in my song can be interpreted as one way or another, which is how I like it :gaycat2: it's rare for me to write a song with a fixed meaning. Maybe I'll try it next round! :cm: *wink wink*

Anyway, I'm glad you liked it! You're always the harshest out of all the judges for me :jonny:

Edited by UFO

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• ceremonials

• Jackson

• Temporal

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, UFO said:

You're always the harshest out of all the judges for me

Mess :skull: Let me try to leave your wig alone in the future :keir:  

Just now, Temporal said:

Mess :skull: Let me try to leave your wig alone in the future :keir:  

Thank you, I appreciate it

LkDAPNs.gif?1

inb4 I get eliminated this round alkfalga :'(:jonny2:

seriously though:can someone else get eliminated this time plz xoxo

30 minutes ago, Temporal said:

@SaintWest - Till
I feel like you’re the CountryBritney/swiftie13/lovesong of the season in all honesty. The others should be shook. This was a powerful entry for sure. My main issue was that this didn’t feel very songlike for the most part, and the outro makes the song feel very limited to the present moment as opposed to a narrative that can be applied to other situations. I think another way you could’ve written this would be to use lynching and contrasting that with inner-city violence (if that’s a concept or something you’d be interested in). You did well!

- “And ruined his luscious curls” a weeping mother definitely wouldn’t say this. The rest of the verse seems accurate (and powerful) though.
- “Door/Form” was a flubby rhyme

I don't know what this means, but thank you. :jonny2:

29 minutes ago, Temporal said:

but this needed more detail for me to make the story come alive. I want to know why the narrator was put in that situation and maybe what the person being shot was thinking

I get what you mean, but the song isn't really meant to be about a single person or situation; I wrote it as an allegory about feeling hopeless and complicit as a bystander witnessing unjust and inhumane atrocities occur, and realizing that you need to take the risk and get "woke" even though it's easier to look the other way. 

I was thinking a lot about the "silence equals death," "if you remain silent then you have chosen the side of the oppressor," "they came for ____ and I did nothing" perspective as I wrote this. It's about choosing not to be silent anymore. 

I'm glad that you liked the bridge. I really loved the "I can't keep on waiting for the world to change / but I've got to change myself to change the world" couplet. I thought it wrapped up the song really well. :flower:

31 minutes ago, UFO said:

You're always the harshest out of all the judges for me :jonny:

+1

11 minutes ago, SaintWest said:

I don't know what this means, but thank you. :jonny2:

Basically, you're someone nobody thought was a threat, but you're gonna come out of nowhere and stomp on the girls late game.

17 minutes ago, Temporal said:

I'm so excited for Gaga pls hold me

SAME 

LkDAPNs.gif?1

3 minutes ago, ughgabriel said:

+1

I thought I was the only one :ahh::jonny:

I'm so excited for Gaga :jonny3: 

1 minute ago, Temporal said:

wow @ me having all of you sh00k

Well you have sabotaged me in the the past and I still manage to #rise

3 minutes ago, ceremonials said:

Hug did you post your other rihvirws?  Am at work

No, I haven't started them. If it's really that important to y'all, I can do like quick to sentence ones just so you guys have something, then do extended ones later? We kinda on a tight ship for judging dd.

On the note of judging, and who is harshest, I feel like I am always cere's harshest judge. :rip: I think anyone else has someone who is worse to them.

EDIT: I tend to have a lot to say about Kunst, too, but it's just because I believe in ha. :weeps: 

Well I was just wondering, but if it's praise then yas

2 minutes ago, Hug said:

On the note of judging, and who is harshest, I feel like I am always cere's harshest judge. :rip: I think anyone else has someone who is worse to them.

EDIT: I tend to have a lot to say about Kunst, too, but it's just because I believe in ha. :weeps: 

Can confirm this

5 hours ago, keshaspearsxo said:

Hobgoblin is an ANTHEM

GUNNA WADA WADA UNNA WADA WADA

Meow Meow is a bop I hope you stanned

I did listen to the whole thing but ATRL went down temporarily and I was tired so I just went to bed without commenting on the rest. Meow Meow was definitely a highlight for me tho, (especially in the beginning, I was slain). Overall it was a nice little mini-album (that's what they call them, right?) Would probably listen again. :jamming: 

5 hours ago, Hug said:

Aurora - Katrina

You know, despite my label write up making it sound all serious, I DID want people to have fun with my label, and it really looks like you did. You had a lot of clever word play here, and you explored some of the issues I highlighted specifically, like his drug addiction and his bisexuality, and all in a way that I thought was very fun (and edgy! Which I loved about it, by the way.) This really makes me sad that we aren’t choosing who we are hiring for bonus points, because I think this will be very polarizing as an entry, but personally, I would hire you instantly!

Thanks, Hug. :hug: I really did try to encapsulate everything you were asking for and just go for it 100%. Every other song I've written this season has been something I can relate to, a little slice of my own life, whereas this was 100% Kayn's character, I just invested myself in it and, well, this is the result. :laugh: I'm glad it would make the cut, as far as getting hired. I think that's the first time for me!

4 hours ago, Temporal said:

@Aurora - Katrina

This song would get you MURDERED by black/southern SJWs :deadbanana: Like the metaphor is clever and all, but in terms of practicality you could offend a lot of people with this by making light of a natural disaster. Like, I wouldn’t write a club song about 9/11, you know? I’m not offended per se, but that’s just something you should keep in mind. Aside from that, the rhymes were pretty clever, and weren't half bad for a gay Australian white boy! Poor Piggy. 

- “I don’t look for love in bathroom lines” @conatus sue ha
- “but nobody can impede her” this rhyme was non buono 

Mess, I honestly didn't even think it would be that controversial since it was just a metaphor. :dancehall: But I can see how it would.

And you picked up on that! I wasn't sure if anyone would since none of this season's judges were judges when conatus submitted that lyric for "Fix". I really wanted to tackle this challenge as if it were me actually writing a song in a writing camp for a label and I didn't want it to feel contrived and inauthentic and so there are so many elements to urban music such as rap metaphors, references, punchlines, flow changes and samples, and I wanted to try and incorporate all of those things if I could. So, I sampled one of conatus' most iconic and controversial lyrics. I don't know if you could see it or if pears' included it or not but in the 'single artwork' I even credited conatus as a co-writer of the song. :laugh:

But yes, overall, thanks, I'm glad you found the rhymes somewhat impressive too. I went to WORK on them.

5 hours ago, Jackson said:

I'm interested to see @Aurora's song now. Pearched for more reviews 

4 hours ago, SaintWest said:

@Aurora Katrina about to hit the judges like a hurricane. :clap3:

3 hours ago, Achilles. said:

I want to read this Aurora song. :deadbanana2: 

Lemme post it now. :gaycat5: It's definitely going to be... controversial.

lemme wait until after the super bowl 'hype' tho

i didn't even watch it kii

I would like to announce that I will have to resign as a judge because Gaga killed me

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Temporal said:

I would like to announce that I will have to resign as a judge because Gaga killed me

I'm resigning as a contestant too I've been scalped