• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ash12345

• Fitzswiftie

• JawBreaker

• Mr. Duff

Would you be able to do Hilary Lindsey? I’m curious how close she would’ve been to the top 100.

Hillary Lindsey

Hillary-Lindsey-2017-billboard-1548.jpg

Most streamed Hot 100 hits on Spotify

414m - Million Reasons (Lady Gaga)

383m - Always Remember Us This Way (Lady Gaga)

260m - I'll Never Love Again (Lady Gaga)

161m - Blue Ain't Your Color (Keith Urban)

137m - When I Look At You (Miley Cyrus)

Table of Points

a6HzIJA.jpg

XyoefsS.jpg

@Mezik Country songs tend to chart pretty low on the Hot 100 so they're not the best source of Hot 100 points but she does indeed have a lot of iconic country songs from the last couple decades.

George Michael :clap3: What a legend.

Hillary Lindsey's catalog is great too! I remember her because she's a staple songwriter for Carrie Underwood. Her songs with Carrie are excellent. :smitten:

Excuuuuse me!!?!?! George Michael wrote all these himself??!? Uhhhhh I seriously have to stan much harder WTF!

Donna Summer

15958283_303.jpg

74m - Naughty Girl (Beyonce)

50m - I Feel Love (Donna Summer)

28m - Bad Girls (Donna Summer)

17m - On The Radio (Donna Summer)

17m - She Works Hard For The Money (Donna Summer)

Table of Points

43ziHCl.jpg

Linda Creed

A-387498-1354792056-3521.jpeg.jpg

110m - Mesmerize (Ja Rule)

73m - Greatest Love of All (Whitney Houston)

18m - You Make Me Feel Brand New (The Stylistics)

13m - You Are Everything (The Stylistics)

8m - Everything (Mary J. Blige)

Table of Points

zlVpy8B.jpg

Edited by Ash12345

On 2/3/2020 at 8:09 PM, Ash12345 said:

32. George Michael

27appraisal-georgemichael-videoSixteenBy

Songwriter and producer George Michael has had eight #1 Hot 100 hits as a songwriter, all but one of which were solo written. He got his start in music busking and working as a DJ, before forming Wham! in 1981. Their debut album, "Fantastic!" experienced significant success in the UK, with songs like "Club Tropicana" and "Young Guns", but only "Bad Boys" charted in the US (#60 in 1963). That quickly changed with their second album, "Make It Big", with the lead single "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" reaching #1, which was followed by "Careless Whisper" (#1), "Freedom" (#3) and "Everything She Wants" (#1). As a double A-side of "Everything She Wants", he also released "Last Christmas", and donated the proceeds for the song towards relief for the Ethiopian famine. In 1985, following 18 months of negotiations, Wham! began a tour of China, as the first Western act to tour the country.

In 1987, George Michael released his first solo album, "Faith", which spawned six top 5 singles, including four #1s, "Faith", "Father Figure", "One More Try" and "Monkey", and earned him Album of the Year at the Grammys. He followed that up with "Listen Without Prejudice, Vol. 1" in 1991, which touched on social issues, but he mostly performed cover songs on the tour that followed and refused to do promotion for the album, so it experienced more moderate commercial success. His output in the next dozen years was quite low, with no touring, and only one album of original songs ("Older" in 1996) and a couple stand-alone singles. However, in 2004 he released his album "Patience", and then embarked in a three year long tour in 2006. Following his death in 2016, "Last Christmas" became enough of a holiday favorite to return to the charts on a yearly basis.

589m - Last Christmas (Wham!)

363m - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go (Wham!)

320m - Careless Whisper (George Michael)

192m - Faith (George Michael)

90m - Freedom! '90 (George Michael)

Table of Points

tihE865.jpg
OP51wAN.jpg

@Green @Revenge @Witch Privilege @trainsskyscrapers @Insanity @Fitzswiftie  @Juanny @JawBreaker @alfonso12 @Weed @Nip Tuck @Cherry123 @eli's_rhythm @1DES @princedonte @Alpha Male @Timber @jordanjm @SoulKiwi@Ohno @Mezik@DougAF @Chainsmoker@suburbannature @Erotic@mcohen@ChatshireCat@cuneytb @Arxane @1989 @Mr. Duff @ECNEICSNOC @BtDecember @pavi @Kylie Jenner @deGonzz @Jorq @Dibbles @Alexz

@Yog :jonny6:

4 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

@Yog :jonny6:

Um yeah...his albums were mostly self written, so no surprise of his extravagant songwriting ability 

Edited by Yog

2 minutes ago, Yog said:

Um yeah...his albums we mostly self written 

King :party: I didnt know :psyduck: really impressed tbh

And wow people being surprised...:skull: Wikipedia is your friend 

2 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

King :party: I didnt know :psyduck: really impressed tbh

Even solo wrote careless Whisperer at the age of 16 but gave co writing credits to Andrew 

Edited by Yog

5 minutes ago, Yog said:

Even solo wrote careless Whisperer at the age of 16 but gave co writing credits to Andrew 

yeah I saw someone saying that in the comments of the Careless Whisper video on YT last christmas(non pun intended) when I was checking out his discography. I was shocked :psych:

7 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

yeah I saw someone saying that in the comments of the Careless Whisper video on YT last christmas(non pun intended) when I was checking out his discography. I was shocked :psych:

Ugh. The legend that will be missed :weeps:

31. Gerry Goffin

BqhVaDCIgAMtKG7.jpg

Carole King's most frequent songwriting partner, Gerry Goffin met her in college and they began writing songs together and became romantically involved soon after. With Gerry Goffin and the primary lyricist and Carole King as the primary composer, their partnership soon saw great success, with "Will You Love Me Tomorrow" by The Shirelles reaching #1 in early 1961, and they wrote songs for many other artists throughout the 1960s. Although Gerry Goffin also wrote a few early hits with Barry Mann, Jack Keller, Howard Greenfield and other Brill Building songwriters.

Carole King and Gerry Goffin divorced in 1969, and although they continued to write together for a couple years afterwards, Carole King eventually wanted to write her own lyrics and Gerry Goffin was left having to find new songwriting partners. The most successful of the co-writing partnerships that followed was with Michael Masser, which included two #1 hits, the theme for the 1975 film "Mahogany" recorded by Diana Ross, and Whitney Houston's 1985 hit "Saving All My Love For You". He released a couple solo albums in 1973 and 1996, but with little commercial success. In 2001, he met Kelly Clarkson and hired her to sing on some of his demos before she auditioned for American Idol. His last chart entry was in 2005 with Kanye West's "Heard 'Em Say", which sampled "Someone That I Used To Love" recorded by Natalie Cole and co-written with Michael Masser.

78m - You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman (Aretha Franklin)

61m - Saving All My Love For You (Whitney Houston)

58m - Heard 'Em Say (Kanye West)

42m - The Loco Motion (Little Eva)

38m - Will You Love Me Tomorrow (The Shirelles)

Table of Points

bN7oxid.jpg
d1Iv1Py.jpg
FvGnRfP.jpg
ngCO3AC.jpg
U9rCFpb.jpg

@Green @Revenge @Witch Privilege @trainsskyscrapers @Insanity @Fitzswiftie  @Juanny @JawBreaker @alfonso12 @Weed @Nip Tuck @Cherry123 @eli's_rhythm @1DES @princedonte @Alpha Male @Timber @jordanjm @SoulKiwi@Ohno @Mezik@DougAF @Chainsmoker@suburbannature @Erotic@mcohen@ChatshireCat@cuneytb @Arxane @1989 @Mr. Duff @ECNEICSNOC @BtDecember @pavi @Kylie Jenner @deGonzz @Jorq @Dibbles @Alexz

Eddie Holland did some of my faves of all time.

Go off, Gerry! :clap3:

And of course shoutout to the legend, George. :clap3:

Sheryl Crow

sc_photo_0101_d.shore_h_1048_jc_ret_fnl_

71m - All I Wanna Do (Sheryl Crow)

67m - Picture (Kid Rock feat. Sheryl Crow)

29m - Soak Up The Sun (Sheryl Crow)

21m - Strong Enough (Sheryl Crow)

18m - Everyday Is A Winding Road (Sheryl Crow)

(Real Gone has 24m but it only made it to #1 on the Bubbling Under)

Table of Points

pmjDz0O.jpg

@AvrilLaQueen

16 hours ago, Ash12345 said:

Sheryl Crow

sc_photo_0101_d.shore_h_1048_jc_ret_fnl_

71m - All I Wanna Do (Sheryl Crow)

67m - Picture (Kid Rock feat. Sheryl Crow)

29m - Soak Up The Sun (Sheryl Crow)

21m - Strong Enough (Sheryl Crow)

18m - Everyday Is A Winding Road (Sheryl Crow)

(Real Gone has 24m but it only made it to #1 on the Bubbling Under)

Table of Points

pmjDz0O.jpg

@AvrilLaQueen

ahhh, my talented fave :jonny5: Everyday Is A Winding Road :weeps: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.