• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ash12345

• Fitzswiftie

• JawBreaker

• Mr. Duff

12 hours ago, Ash12345 said:

Yeah, looks like a lot of artists and era's in Max Martin's career worked with specific co-producers from his camp.

Dr Luke - Kesha, Katy

Shellback - Maroon 5, Taylor Swift

Savan Kotecha - Ariana, The Weeknd

Ilya - Ariana

Yes indeed!  :cm: 

Very pertinent observation!!

1 hour ago, BnPac said:

Nice thread, nice work. It's sad I didn't follow this thread from the get go.

I wonder where Paul McCartney will land? I was surprised to see Bob Dylan so low. Idk if Joni Mitchell made it ?

I didn't follow the thread since the beginning, a pity, now reading the whole thing seems a lot.

Will Prince make it ? If he makes it, can you please tag me ? Thanks.

Btw how come Fallin' is a perfect 100% when it heavily samples J. Brown ? I'm also very surprised that Like You'll Never See Me Again is 50% with such a strong Prince's sample. 

Very nice thread, so happy to see so many women making it. Funny how some men have a lot of 10%, sometimes on songs 1% or 0% and no one bat an eye but it's a problem for women.

Not sure, but there's a lot of songs that sample James Brown where he doesn't get songwriting credit. Maybe he just didn't mind?

Bob Dylan is very acclaimed but it seems like he was the kind of folk singer that didn't have many big commercial hits.

41. Robert "Mutt" Lange

1984muttlange.jpg

Producer and songwriter Mutt Lange grew up in South Africa, where he played in local bands as a teenager and young adults. Following minor successes as a producer in the late 70s, mostly for the British market, he got his first big break when he produced AC/DC's entire "Highway To Hell" album in 1979, and then their even more successful "Back In Black" album. Then, he producer Foreigner's album "4" in 1981 and in 1982, he got his first songwriter hit (#7 Hot 100) with "Do You Believe In Love" by Huey Lewis & The News. His next big success was with Def Leppard, for which he produced four albums, including their two biggest ones, Pyromania (1983) and Hysteria (1987) on which he co-wrote all the songs with the band. Around the same time, he also co-wrote songs with Billy Ocean, which lead to his first #1 songwriter hit with "Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car" in 1988.

In the 1990s, he produced and co-wrote for Bryan Adams, including #1 smash hit "Everything I Do (I Do It For You"), as well as with Michael Bolton. He also heard Shania Twain's debut album in 1993 and was impressed enough to offer to help make music with her. They quickly feel in love and got married, and Mutt Lange produced and co-wrote every song on her breakthrough album, "The Woman In Me", and her follow up albums "Come On Over" and "Up", all three of which were certified Diamond by the RIAA (2x in the case of "Come On Over"). More recently, he also produced and co-wrote Nickelback's "Dark Horse", and produced Maroon 5's "Hands All Over" and Muse's "Drones" albums, as well as Lady Gaga's "You and I".

Most streamed Hot 100 hits on Spotify

196m - Everything I Do (Bryan Adams)

188m - Man! I Feel Like A Woman (Shania Twain)

154m - You're Still The One (Shania Twain)

103m - Pour Some Sugar On Me (Def Leppard)

94m - That Don't Impress Me Much (Shania Twain)

Table of Points

lAFmkCV.jpg
f0bvnNV.jpg
KfRDfch.jpg

@Green @Revenge @Witch Privilege @trainsskyscrapers @Insanity @Fitzswiftie  @Juanny @JawBreaker @alfonso12 @Weed @Nip Tuck @Cherry123 @eli's_rhythm @1DES @princedonte @Alpha Male @Timber @jordanjm @SoulKiwi@Ohno @Mezik@DougAF @Chainsmoker@suburbannature @Erotic@mcohen@ChatshireCat@cuneytb @Arxane @1989 @Mr. Duff @ECNEICSNOC @BtDecember @pavi @Kylie Jenner @deGonzz @Jorq @Dibbles @Alexz

@family.guy123

Edited by Ash12345

Alanis Morissette

2966.jpg?width=300&quality=85&auto=forma

200m - Ironic (Alanis Morissette)

58m - You Learn (Alanis Morissette)

44m - Thank U (Alanis Morissette)

18m - Hands Clean (Alanis Morissette)

6m - Everything (Alanis Morissette)

Table of Points

SBNbHut.jpg

She'd have almost twice as many points if her biggest radio hits were permitted to chart on the Hot 100, however, back then radio-only singles weren't allowed to chart, only singles with physical releases.

I didn’t know The Corrs charted in the Hot 100 :heart2:

4 hours ago, Ash12345 said:

41. Robert "Mutt" Lange

You left out the one song he did for the Backstreet Boys that the members agree is their worst song ever "If You Want It To Be Good Girl (Get Yourself A Bad Boy)" lol

Lyrics are cringe af but the melody and beat are a serve :jamming: 

6 minutes ago, deGonzz said:

You left out the one song he did for the Backstreet Boys that the members agree is their worst song ever "If You Want It To Be Good Girl (Get Yourself A Bad Boy)" lol

Lyrics are cringe af but the melody and beat are a serve :jamming: 

It didn't chart though did it?

Ilya Salmandazeh

3utJft4g_400x400.jpg

898m - Side To Side (Ariana Grande feat. Nicki Minaj)

881m - Love Me Like You Do (Ellie Goulding)

806m - No Tears Left To Cry (Ariana Grande)

744m - Into You (Ariana Grande)

528m - Problem (Ariana Grande feat. Iggy Azalea)

Table of Points

Shemslp.jpg

@trainsskyscrapers

The next post is for a songwriter that didn't make the list, but is widely considered one of the best drummers of all time (if not the best), as well as a very good songwriter with thoughtful lyrics about a variety of topics. Although his band didn't chart too well on the Hot 100, I still really like a lot of their music, so this post will be in his honour since he passed away a couple weeks ago.

Neil Peart

Neil-Peart.jpg?quality=80

112m - Tom Sawyer (Rush)

48m - Limelight (Rush)

37m - The Spirit of Radio (Rush)

26m - Closer To The Heart (Rush)

17m - Fly By Night (Rush)

Table of Points

GCV9hRp.jpg

On 1/17/2020 at 9:30 PM, Ash12345 said:

43. Madonna Ciccone

Madonna-press-by-Ricardo-Gomes-2019-bill

Although her father enrolled her in piano lessons, Madonna's main interest as a teenage was dancing, and she got a dance scholarship from the University of Michigan, before dropping out and moving to New York where she lived as a struggling artist for a few years. First she performed as a dancer in theater groups, then on disco artist Patrick Hernandez's concert tour, for which she was also a back-up singer. Then she formed a couple bands with boyfriends of hers, first the Breakfast Club, then Emmy, before getting a record deal as a solo artist in 1982, and she got to work making disco songs. At first, her success was limited to the dance charts, but the later singles from her self-titled debut album such as "Lucky Star" and "Borderline" also had significant success on the Hot 100.

In addition to the tremendous success of her follow up 80s albums and their singles, "Like A Virgin", "True Blue" and "Like A Prayer", which earned her the title Queen of Pop, Madonna also became a fashion icon, and helped make conservative social norms a thing of the past by challenging them in her music videos and live performances. Following backlash to her increasingly sexually provocative image and behaviour in the early 90s, she release "Bedtime Stories" in 1994, and after previous struggles with her acting career, she received critical acclaim for her role in the 1996 musical "Evita". In 1998, she released one of her most acclaimed albums, "Ray of Light", the result of collaboration with electronica producer William Orbit. She continued to have success in the 20th century, with albums such as "Music" and "Confessions on a Dance Floor", record breaking stadium tour, and the 2012 Superbowl Half Time Show.

168m - Like A Prayer (Madonna)

144m - Material Girl (Madonna)

128m - 4 Minutes (Madonna feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland)

124m - Like A Virgin (Madonna)

103m - Vogue (Madonna)

Table of Points

fNUS3Aa.jpg
9CZcJGe.jpg
ilWZvz0.jpg

@Green @Revenge @Witch Privilege @trainsskyscrapers @Insanity @Fitzswiftie  @Juanny @JawBreaker @alfonso12 @Weed @Nip Tuck @Cherry123 @eli's_rhythm @1DES @princedonte @Alpha Male @Timber @jordanjm @SoulKiwi@Ohno @Mezik@DougAF @Chainsmoker@suburbannature @Erotic@mcohen@ChatshireCat@cuneytb @Arxane @1989 @Mr. Duff @ECNEICSNOC @BtDecember @pavi @Kylie Jenner @deGonzz @Jorq @Dibbles @Alexz

My bitch slayin souls

all official singles none of those album cuts makin hot 100 nowadays skewing totals ? 

40. Lamont Dozier

lamont-dozier-sodajerker.jpg?resize=640,

Lamont Dozier is one of the three members of songwriting and production team Holland-Dozier-Holland which was hugely influential with the Motown sound. Lamont Dozier and Brian Holland focused more on the production and arrangements and Eddie Holland specialized in lyrics and vocal production. Lamont Dozier began making music by a few records as a member of various vocal groups and as a solo artist in the late 50s to early 60s, but only experienced significant success when he began working with Eddie and Brian Holland. His first songwriter hit was "Strange I Know" by The Marvelettes (#49 in 1962), written with Brian Holland and Freddie Gorman, and his first hit with the full trio was "Come And Get These Memories" by Martha Reeves & The Vandellas (#29 in 1963). They had many more hits that same year, and got their first #1 hit with "Where Did Our Love Go" by The Supremes in 1964. He would have thirteen more #1 hits.

In 1973, he began a solo career, with three Hot 100 hits, although he only wrote one of them. In 1988, he co-wrote "Loco In Acapulco" with Phil Collins for the "Buster" soundtrack, which has strong recurrent stats, but only charted in Europe. His last songwriter his was with Lil Wayne's "Uproar" which sampled Holland-Dozier-Holland's song "You Keep Me Hanging On".

412m- You Can't Hurry Love (Phil Collins)

179m - I Can't Help Myself (Four Tops)

144m - Uproar (Lil Wayne)

93m - Baby Love (The Supremes)

85m - How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You (Jr. Walker & The All Stars)

Table of Points

dU539Aw.jpg
K0LotiE.jpg
PEN2mXK.jpg
XPnxMax.jpg
HozogJh.jpg

Edited by Ash12345

On 1/15/2020 at 12:38 PM, Ash12345 said:

Charlie Puth

charlie-puth-2015-billboard-650_0.jpg

968m - See You Again (Wiz Khalifa feat. Charlie Puth)

965m - Attention (Charlie Puth)

937m - We Don't Talk Anymore (Charlie Puth feat. Selena Gomez)

490m - Marvin Gaye (Charlie Puth feat. Meghan Trainor)

475m - One Call Away (Charlie Puth)

Table of Points

4uLX9ql.jpg

@Insanity

Not bad for just 4 yrs :clap3:

Hope he continues writing and producing for others

39. Leon Huff

B9320848322Z.1_20160320135756_000_G01DG6

Leon Huff is one half of the songwriting and production duo Gamble & Huff which is credited for developing the Philadelphia Soul sound. Leon Huff's first Hot 100 hit was "Mixed-Up, Shook-Up Girl" with Ralston McGriff, recorded by Patty & The Emblems (#37 in 1964). Around the same time, he met Kenny Gamble while they were both working for various local labels. He wrote a few more songs without Kenny Gamble before collaborating with him more regularly in the late 60s. They had many moderate hits during this time, and building off that success, they founded the label Philadelphia International Records in 1971.

With Philadelphia International, they began adding lusher arrangements to their artists' recordings, boosting the success of the Philadelphia Soul genre. In the mid 70s, Philadelphia Soul had replaced Motown as the most popular form of Soul/R&B, with Gamble & Huff scoring over a dozen top 10 hits during the decade. Leon Huff's last original composition to chart on the Hot 100 was "You're My Latest, My Greatest Inspiration" by Teddy Pendergrass in 1982, but would have close to a dozen more hits through samples and covers.

108m - If You Don't Know Me By Now (Simply Red)

88m - Love Train (The O'Jays)

58m - Don't Leave Me This Way (The Communards feat. Sarah Jane Morris)

56m - Me and Mrs. Jones (Billy Paul)

47m - Wish I Didn't Miss You (Angie Stone)

Table of Points

HaEb8O6.jpg

rLiBBSH.jpg

FiBtKwX.jpg

BJGRKMA.jpg

RFR1I9U.jpg

Edited by Ash12345

wait Ilya is a man??????? :deadbanana2:All these  years I thought it was a woman :deadbanana4:

10 hours ago, JawBreaker said:

wait Ilya is a man??????? :deadbanana2:All these  years I thought it was a woman :deadbanana4:

Ilya is the Russian version of Elijah. Not sure how a Swede of Persian descent wound up with a Russia name tho

Cathy Dennis

Cathy-Dennis-2014-billboard-1548.jpg

390m - Toxic (Britney Spears)

246m - I Kissed A Girl (Katy Perry)

138m - Can't Get You Out of My Head (Kylie Minogue)

39m - Never Had A Dream Come True (S Club 7)

14m - Paranoid (Jonas Brothers)

Table of Points

9rBEhvH.jpg

@deGonzz If her total is lower than you expected, maybe it's because a lot of her hits were UK based and didn't cross over to the US charts much.

20 hours ago, Ash12345 said:

Cathy Dennis

Table of Points

9rBEhvH.jpg

@deGonzz If her total is lower than you expected, maybe it's because a lot of her hits were UK based and didn't cross over to the US charts much.

Wait, none of her co-written song for Galantis charted on the Hot 100?

I’m stunned.

11 minutes ago, Fitzswiftie said:

Wait, none of her co-written song for Galantis charted on the Hot 100?

I’m stunned.

The only Galantis Hot 100 hit was No Money at #88.

6 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

The only Galantis Hot 100 hit was No Money at #88.

Wow, I know that EDM now isn’t as big in the states would I would’ve thought they would’ve managed to least squeeze a week or two in somewhere.

No Money is a bop though at least they picked a good one.

22 hours ago, Ash12345 said:

Cathy Dennis

Table of Points

9rBEhvH.jpg

Legend!!!!!

by da way how is she gettin credit for Touch Me when its a remake?

1 hour ago, dabunique said:

Legend!!!!!

by da way how is she gettin credit for Touch Me when its a remake?

If she re-worked it enough it would be fair. It would be like how Taylor got credit on Untouchable for moving sections of the song around, changing some lyrics/melodies, etc compared to Luna Halo's version. Or like when a rapper gets added to the songwriting credits for getting on a new verse.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.