Choose The Album, Then a Song 9: And the winner is...

Pedro

Not you using one of Element's Pulitzer prize-worthy essays as the example :deadbanana2: 

Gonna write my entry tonight! I already have a few ideas :flower: 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pedro

• shelven

• MusicLoverDude

• lhdang2000

1 minute ago, shelven said:

Not you using one of Element's Pulitzer prize-worthy essays as the example :deadbanana2: 

Gonna write my entry tonight! I already have a few ideas :flower: 

:ahh: I can use others if you'd like!

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

:ahh: I can use others if you'd like!

No it's a great example! But I remember when I first read one of his entries and I was so overwhelmed :toofunny2: 

Tomorrow is the deadline? WHAT THE ACTUAL ****. The task was only posted yesterday. :biblio:

sent

16 minutes ago, prézli said:

Tomorrow is the deadline? WHAT THE ACTUAL ****. The task was only posted yesterday. :biblio:

Darling, please. I made sure I mentioned it'd be flexible.

Other examples of entries from Choose The Album, Then a Song 8

7a36ee4.png

One way to express ourselves while listening to music is by dancing. Choose a song from your album that makes you move, and explain your choice in no more than 250 words.

Spoiler

Pedro: Fifth Harmony - 'Reflection': "Body Rock"

Round Six: Body Rock
clear.gif

1846aa6.png

Fifth Harmony's debut album is filled with some great club bangers that will make the biggest hater move his feet to the beat. Nonetheless, "Body Rock" isn't just that. The song kicks off with a dark and lowered beat along with Ally singing: "I'm dancing in the rain 'cause there's a fire burning deep inside for you". At this point, you know "Body Rock" isn't a mere dance song, they're singing it to someone. Dance and love are reunited here and the union of these two amazing factors could only end up in the world's greatest feeling: happiness.

When the chorus kicks in, all the girls shout "all day, I'm only thinking about you all day" and by the middle of it an explosion of happiness takes place. The beat that once was low key and subtile is now explosive and effusive. You can not help but get up, smile, jump, enjoy life and be happy with your loved one and if you're single, I am sure a song like this would inspire you to find the one because "this is how real love supposed to be".

This is why I chose "Body Rock". Dancing is a form of art but the best part about it is that you're the author of your own art. For me, dancing is being happy. Being happy is being in love and being in love is dancing your way through life, leaving all the problems behind.

Spoiler

Bloomers: Vince Staples - 'Summertime '06': "Norf Norf"

When writing about Norf Norf, a wise and admirable man once correctly and astutely said, “Norf Norf is a banger, the most immediate song on Summertime ’06. It’s one of those songs that goes straight to hips and the booty, almost forcing them to groove along with the song,” and he couldn’t have been more right. This piece of brilliantly observed insight still holds true today. The song remains the most instantly pleasing and danceable song on the album.

Dance songs by nature are accessible. They grab hold of the body and are often undeniably infectious. For me, it’s difficult to not just have Norf Norf on repeat when I play Summertime ’06 and have a dance marathon whenever I listen (despite the fact that I can’t dance to save my life). Vince makes full use of the song’s accessibility to set the setting for the album. While you’re entranced by the intoxicating beat, and dancing around, he takes advantage of his captive audience to introduce the dangerous and deadly dance that denizens of his hometown have to do on the regular. He’s able to cover a lot of territory on the song, running through the city’s regular rhythms of: abortions, drugs, gang and gun violence, fear of the police, and deliver the album’s key track that would be overwhelming if delivered in a less danceable package.

Norf Norf is an incredible, my most played song from the album, and a song that’s worth a replay to dance along to.

Lol this is the busy week at work with super ball. I'll try and work in this when u get home tonight 

I quit. :) No way to send my entry till tomorrow.

Edited by prézli

4 minutes ago, prézli said:

I am not going to beg you to stay but in case you've missed it, I stated MULTIPLE times that being the first round I will be flexible with extending the deadline. Do whatever you want.

The same applies to you, @sumthintoxic82 of course :)

Edited by Pedro

I hope i wrote the right things for mine

10 hours ago, prézli said:

prezli, why are you quitting? If you can only send it in tomorrow, then there's nothing wrong? 

yes @Pedro, I will need an extension. I can FOR SURE have it in by Saturday

Edited by sumthintoxic82

@Pedro Sent my entry but the formatting is a bit off and I'm not sure how to fix it in PM's. Would you be able to centre the embedded video, and add another line space between the paragraphs? Thanks!

8 minutes ago, shelven said:

I finished my entry last night but just forgot to PM you. I'll do it now :flower: 

:dies: Fair enough!

So prezli really quit? :biblio:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.