Choose The Album, Then a Song 9: And the winner is...

Pedro

3 minutes ago, thecptz said:

and hoelyground :biblio: 

Good thing you're not playing or you're getting straight zeros from me :biblio: 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pedro

• shelven

• MusicLoverDude

• lhdang2000

Everything's almost ready! We have the judges, the contestants... We are missing a few updates on the rules and, of course, the very first round!

love them judges tbh :clap3:

Kavish will drag Hilary tho :skull:

7 minutes ago, ReachOut said:

love them judges tbh :clap3:

Kavish will drag Hilary tho :skull:

But I won't :date:

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

But I won't :date:

:hug:

2 hours ago, holyground said:

Good thing you're not playing or you're getting straight zeros from me :biblio: 

wow :biblio: you're so rude

CTATAS.png

ATRL's original game "Choose The Album, Then a Song" is back for its anticipated ninth season on its original concept.

Now that the cast is officially complete, it's time to kick things off with the very first round. Before that, it's important to review the main rules of the game just like being introduced to new ones. With this being said...

rules.png

1. There's not such thing as bad losers;

We are all here to have fun and share our favorite music with everyone.

2. Every contestant must cast a vote each round;

The main purpose of the game is to introduce everyone to new music. If this rule isn't applied, only the judges will benefit from it.

3. Every entry must contain a written part;

To fully understand your decision, you will be required to send in an essay along with the song chosen.

4. A song can only be used twice and can only be use three rounds after;

This will allow you to explore your album further.

5. Deadlines must be respected by contestants and judges;

Every Tuesday, the eliminated contestant will be announced along with a new round. Every Thursday, the entries will be posted. Every Sunday, the results will be posted.

6. There's no space for stan wars or called voters;

The main purpose of this game is to introduce everyone to knew music. Therefore, we don't want any fights or any type of voting manipulation.

7. The vote process is build up of two parts;

Every round the judges votes will be mixed with the public votes.

8. Be fair and do not be biased.

If you want others to respect your work and game, make sure you respect others too by not allowing your personal taste affect your votes.

judges.png

MariahCarey.png               TaylorSwift.png               HelenaBCarter.png

PEDRO                    HOLYGROUND                   KAVISH

PLUS: TBA.

round1.png

shape1.png

The first round is clearly inspired by one of the songs of the moment: Ed Sheeran's "Shape Of You". As usual, the first round is supposed to work as an introduction to what you have to deliver. Even though, Sheeran is in love with the shape of many girls, I assume you are in love with the shape of your album. With this being said, during this first round, you are supposed to send in the song that best shapes your chosen album. Justify yoir choice in no more than 200 words and make sure you correlate your song to the entire album so you can let us know why that song is so fundamental to it.

Submit your entry to me (Pedro) and don't forget a streaming link.

DEADLINE

February, 3rd (flexible due to first round)

Good Luck!

Edited by Pedro

wait, a song can be used more than once during the game?

14 minutes ago, ReachOut said:

wait, a song can be used more than once during the game?

Thanks for reminding me of that! A song can be used twice but if you use a song now, you can only use it again three rounds after!

Just now, Pedro said:

Thanks for reminding me of that! A song can be used twice but if you use a song now, you can only use it again three rounds after!

oh well, thank you :)

I dont know that ed song tho :( ugh have to listen to the black im sure denis has one shape kind song haha.

3 minutes ago, M A R N ✮ said:

I dont know that ed song tho :( ugh have to listen to the black im sure denis has one shape kind song haha.

I wish I didn't know it either. I am a major hater of Ed but that song kind of controls me. @M A R N ✮, keep in mind though the "shape" theme is not related to Ed song at all. You're supposed to send a song that kind of describes and therefore shapes the album you have in hands.

Edited by Pedro

So basically the lyrics of our songs has to mean something too? I think i got an idea of two songs to explain the black.

1 minute ago, M A R N ✮ said:

So basically the lyrics of our songs has to mean something too? I think i got an idea of two songs to explain the black.

That's right. You have to pick a song from your album that best describes the album as a whole and shapes it as a whole. Lyrics, rhythms, production (...) can all have an impact.

Edited by Pedro

Okay cool..just hope the heavy music doesnt scare or lose me points.

Ill start on it in the morning :)

That extra day to submit works out so well for me because I have exams until Thursday, so Thursday night will be the best time for me to work on mine :duca:

I currently have a song in mind for this, but I'll probably skim through the album at one point to see if I can find something better :alexz3: 

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

The first round is clearly inspired by one of the songs of the moment: Ed Sheeran's "Shape Of You".

Delete it, fat.

I'll start my essay tonight. I know which song I'll be using already.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.