Choose The Album, Then a Song 9: And the winner is...

Pedro

4 minutes ago, URBAN said:

Ooooh!

animation1.gif

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pedro

• shelven

• MusicLoverDude

• lhdang2000

@Pedro I don't have any real suggestions. I enjoyed the whole "no frills" aspect of the game, but I'm totally open to introducing more elements to the game if that's what you're thinking. Maybe there could be a bottom 2 part of the round, where the lowest scoring songs/contestants have a chance to defend their song/album and why it should stay? Or maybe they both get to choose a different song from a different album or something? Idk!

3 minutes ago, Vulnicura said:

Maybe there could be a bottom 2 part of the round, where the lowest scoring songs/contestants have a chance to defend their song/album and why it should stay? Or maybe they both get to choose a different song from a different album or something? Idk!

That's actually a very nice idea. The only issue will be the delay! But I've been thinking of not allowing that many albums to sign in per season...

5 minutes ago, Regina George said:

ddd the low ratings. Tragic.

tumblr_lrkwdher4t1r2l73so1_500.gif

@Pedro Not really a new suggestion, but I think you should definitely bring back having fixed days of the week for the submission and voting deadlines like you did for the SE season. It made it a lot easier to remember and plan around :laugh: 

Well I loved Season 7 (or whatever season I was in ) Even though I struggled the Judging panel at the end of the day was diverse

So a diverse judging panel again !

Edited by Speezy

Bottom two would be a pretty cool idea. 

Anyways, hope this starts soon. I'm only gonna commit to one or two games right now and I want this to be one of them. 

This might be a bit drastic I guess, but can I suggest the scoring system to be tweaked? IMO, the point gap between the positions are too big. It makes it hard for people who have been lagging behind to catch up. I would sort of prefer just sticking to the raw scores? Or moderate the scores proportionate to the raw scores?

10 hours ago, holyground said:

This might be a bit drastic I guess, but can I suggest the scoring system to be tweaked? IMO, the point gap between the positions are too big. It makes it hard for people who have been lagging behind to catch up. I would sort of prefer just sticking to the raw scores? Or moderate the scores proportionate to the raw scores?

! I also like this. I mean some people do naturally slay with their entries but I imagine it's not a great motivator to keep playing when you know you have zero chance of winning.

Maybe make it so that either round is worth more points than the last? That way people who have been doing well all game can't just suddenly lose their lead, but it also makes it easier for people to catch up if they weren't doing so well in the first few rounds, but are doing better in the later rounds.

Edited by shelven

12 hours ago, holyground said:

I see but I am afraid I don't know what "tweaked" means ? Could you give me a practical example?

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

I see but I am afraid I don't know what "tweaked" means ? Could you give me a practical example?

Okay, I suggested 2 ways: one is you just stick to the raw scores (the judges and votes scores only) they received.

The other is to moderate the scores in proportion to the raw scores they received. So, if the scores are like this:

Player A - 40 points

Player B - 35 points

Player C - 10 points

The #1 player, player A, will receive 100 points. Player B scored 35, which is 87.5% of player A's score, hence player B will score 87.5 points. Player C scored 25% of player A's score, hence he will receive score 25 points. 

Hopefully that made sense. :toofunny2: 

33 minutes ago, holyground said:

The other is to moderate the scores in proportion to the raw scores they received. So, if the scores are like this:

Player A - 40 points

Player B - 35 points

Player C - 10 points

The #1 player, player A, will receive 100 points. Player B scored 35, which is 87.5% of player A's score, hence player B will score 87.5 points. Player C scored 25% of player A's score, hence he will receive score 25 points. 

Ooh, I really like this idea :duca: 

Raw scores would work too though, and would involve less math for Pedro to do :laugh: 

Edited by shelven

this looks interesting :fan:

8 hours ago, holyground said:

Okay, I suggested 2 ways: one is you just stick to the raw scores (the judges and votes scores only) they received.

Player A - 40 points

Player B - 35 points

Player C - 10 points

I get it, thanks! The new season will officially start this week. Get yourself ready!

do we have to sign up? 

@M A R N ✮, yes! The sign ups will occur soon. I will update the title of the thread and make a cute post about it!

You saw it well! Sign-ups are kicking off later on today! Who's ready?

tumblr_nbo0orDATU1r23uddo1_500_zpsc1dc6a

Edited by Pedro

I'm ready. :alexz:

21 minutes ago, Pedro said:

You saw it well! Sign-ups are kicking off later on today! Who's ready?

tumblr_nbo0orDATU1r23uddo1_500_zpsc1dc6a

do you know what time? I hope i'm awake. + are there any rules so i can just panic and put an album down quickly 

1 hour ago, theycallmemaraj said:

do you know what time? I hope i'm awake. + are there any rules so i can just panic and put an album down quickly 

Not sure about the time or rules but I can give you a few tips! I believe that the best way would be for you to pick a versatile album and an album that you know quite well!

36 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Not sure about the time or rules but I can give you a few tips! I believe that the best way would be for you to pick a versatile album and an album that you know quite well!

Thanks, can't wait for it to start

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.