Choose The Album, Then a Song 9: And the winner is...

Pedro

@holyground, how did you find the offline page of Classic ATRL? I'd like to give an example on how entries should be for the new people!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pedro

• shelven

• MusicLoverDude

• lhdang2000

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

@holyground, how did you find the offline page of Classic ATRL? I'd like to give an example on how entries should be for the new people!

Search for the thread on google, and in the drop-down arrow at the search item there is the Cached option. 

But it it doesn't allow you to navigate within the cached page tho, so you can't visit other pages of the thread, so you gotta scour the more pages of results to get to another page. :toofunny2: 

Im still stuck on what song to pick haha

Cant wait for the banning round so I can ban Stargirl 

1 hour ago, Speezy said:

Cant wait for the banning round so I can ban Stargirl 

Why would you do that when True Colors exist

Sent. 

It's crazy how 25 is so cohesive yet I still have a hard time picking the song. 

Good luck to those who pick versatile albums. :skull:

Just now, holyground said:

Why would you do that when True Colors exist

You make a good point, True Colors is a bit listenable but it gets pitchy. Abel's part in Stargirl is all that was needed (Ill save the rest of my dislikement towards the song when the round comes :gaycat2:  ) 

not sure what i'm suppose to write about the song :dancehall:

31 minutes ago, Speezy said:

You make a good point, True Colors is a bit listenable but it gets pitchy. Abel's part in Stargirl is all that was needed (Ill save the rest of my dislikement towards the song when the round comes :gaycat2:  ) 

Don't you do Lana like that :tsk: 

6 minutes ago, holyground said:

Don't you do Lana like that :tsk: 

I think I have to catch Lana outside if she does one more song with my semi-faves.

Shes a good vocalist but her music style doesnt set with me 

Lucky Ones>>>

Edited by Speezy

sent... hope was enough words, it's dark but its the whole point of the story and shape :dancehall:

I'm so sorry, I won't be able to submit because I don't understand the new formatting on ATRL lol.

Hopefully someone can replace my spot, I feel bad.

I'm doing this today, i'm already sorry if there are some grammatical errors :jonny:

Me choosing an album that is half dance-pop and half folk-pop nnn :rip:

Edited by ReachOut

3 hours ago, Girlicious said:

I'm so sorry, I won't be able to submit because I don't understand the new formatting on ATRL lol.

Hopefully someone can replace my spot, I feel bad.

How does that affect? You have to send a link and a text... But ok

Omg, I forgot to sign up :'(

Can I still do so?

EDIT: Mess, I can't. I'll just cheer you all on! :date:

Edited by Rihlana

I couldn't write more than 110 words in the essay :dancehall:

I'm out. I'm sorry Hilary, sis :dancehall:

5/15 are in!

Good job, guys!

In Bold = Entries Received

1. shelven: Sia - "This Is Acting"
2. Verge of Obscene: Britney Spears - "Glory"
3. MusicLoverDude: Samantha Jade - "Nine"
4. Alena: Melanie Martinez - "Cry Baby"
5. -

6. theycallmemaraj: Ariana Grande - "Dangerous Woman"
7. sumthintoxic82: Kelly Clarkson - "Piece By Piece"
8. ReachOut: Hilary Duff - "Breathe In. Breathe Out."
9. M A R N ✮: Asking Alexandria - "The Black"

10. Vulnicura: Robyn - "Body Talk"
11. -
12. Lion: Troye Sivan - "Blue Neighbourhood"
13. Tymps.: Lemon Demon - "Spirit Phone"
14. Speezy: The Weeknd - "Starboy"
15. lhdang2000: Adele - "25"

Edited by Pedro

For everyone that isn't 100% familiar with how an entry should look or contain, here's an example:

Round from the 8th season:

5eeb86b.png

Album covers are an important part for most music fans. In your essay,

1. Convince us how your album cover represents your whole album.
2. You should use only one song as example to show how the cover is reflected upon its tracks.

1. Element: Ellie Goulding - 'Delirium': "Paradise"

Originally posted by Element

"Dream another dream..."

Delirium Album Cover

As I've mentioned previously, the experience of delirium is one of wild ecstasy and excitement -- a dream-like state. Throughout this album, Ellie channels her feelings of happiness and euphoria into a mixture of pop songs. As someone who has always been interested in graphic design, specifically with regard to album artwork, I believe that capturing the essence of the record in the cover is critical to the overall feeling created by the artist. With Delirium's album cover, Ellie has painted a picture bursting with rapture and euphoria. One of the first things that I notice about this composition is the use of negative space. By placing Ellie in this simple, pale blue background, we can envision her in a blurred, otherworldly location -- a paradisiacal place -- a sea of delirium -- a sky of ecstasy. In color psychology, "pale blue inspires creativity and the freedom to break free." With her eyes closed, it is clear that Ellie's mind is in another place -- a place of freedom from the negative aspects of life, which is a prevalent theme throughout the album. She is floating through the clouds, in a freeform state, with loose fitting clothing and her hair flowing in the winds of elation. The song that I've chosen to accompany the album cover is entitled "Paradise" -- a magical, dream-like track that drives home the mystical feeling of the album cover. In "Paradise," Ellie hauntingly calls her lover to chase the experience of dreams and paradise with her. "Have another drink," she says, as her mind loses grip of reality, and transcends into the euphoric world of delirium. As seen on the cover, her physical grip unhinges too, and away she goes: running through the atmosphere.

"...Because you're killing it, honey."

mess.

i'm so scared now :biblio:

Just now, ReachOut said:

mess.

i'm so scared now :biblio:

Everyone at their own pace. Element was a winner already.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.