• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• dussymob

• FutureHive

• GokuRed

1 hour ago, Rentboy said:

I think you'll find that 90% of chart music lyrics are corny & cliched. Its the nature of love songs. And dont act like its easy to write global smash hit songs. They are relatively rare.

Maybe you're just single, bitter & cynical. When you're loved up those songs hit you on a whole different level. Hence their popularity.

Not single or bitter, but thanks for the ad hominem attack. When you understand honest, real-life love you realize it's not like these cookie cutter Hallmark lyrics that these singers package and sell to wide eyed teens.

3 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Speak for yourself.

happily married thirty two years.

:rip:

16 hours ago, brianc33616 said:

Papa Roach's "Forever" is my favorite song of all time. So I still cheer them on. They actually have the #1 Active/Mainstream Rock song this week. I have heard it, and it's good. I can't think of the song's title off the top of my head though.

I still think Rock will reemerge at Top 40. It will just take the right song to do it. Disturbed's The Sound Of Silence cover was the biggest song originating from Active Rock radio since 2012. TSOS almost broke through probably 20 times lol, but it failed to fully catch on. If a movie or TV show had just played the song once, and there are several series where TSOS would easily work in, that would've made the difference.

If the right song catches on at the right time, that would bring Rock back to the table. There's another Second Chance (Shinedown). It's a question of when, not if, it happens. I still remember the "Rock 40" stations from the late 1980s through early 1990s, and how HAC actually leaned fairly heavily toward a resurgence of the "Rock 40" format in the very late 1990s through the mid 2000s. VH1's video countdowns 15 years ago had at the least a plurality of Rock songs in its Top 20.

Yeah, Forever is very good, I like it too. The song they have on the radio right now is called Help and I agree it's good, I'm actually excited about their upcoming album, I like every song released so far even "Born For Greatness" which feels a little like Hollywood Undead feat. Imagine Dragons, or "Periscope" which some fans criticize for being too pop, let's wait to hear the rest of the album but so far I like it a lot.

Yeah, I would've loved TSOS to break through but I didn't had much hope for it, and even if it had done it I'm not sure if it would've really helped other rock songs to find support on radio; I think TSOS would've been more of an exception.

I'm not saying that we won't have rock songs on TOP 40 radio ever again but I think that's how things will be for some years, unless you count Fall Out Boy, Paramore or artists with a similar sound. I just don't see it happening in the near future, hopefully I'm wrong though.

57 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Speak for yourself.

happily married thirty two years.

waiT you are married for 32 years? I'm sorry to ask, but how old are you? :confused:

1 hour ago, PoisonPill said:

Not single or bitter, but thanks for the ad hominem attack. When you understand honest, real-life love you realize it's not like these cookie cutter Hallmark lyrics that these singers package and sell to wide eyed teens.

Hm you're extremely naive if you think this song is for teens. Its actually very adult audience music. Like what you like but stop with the simplistic broadstrokes.

14 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

3 Humble     385 (debut)

was hoping for it to debut at #1 :dancehall3: 

I hope the album is really coming this friday so he can dethrone SOY soon 

:jonny2:Not At Shape of you being N1 again I already hate that song

6 hours ago, Tylerbv said:

The Fighter so close to top 40 :rip:

If she has another single peak in the 41-47 range, I'm done :jonny:

Ugh. This bop really needs more love.

17 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Early predictions

1 Shape Of You     560  (=)

2 That's What I Like     473 (=)  

3 Humble     385 (debut)  

4 iSpy     280  (+1)

5 Something Just Like This     263  (-2)

I need the video for SJLT to come already so it can help increase its streaming. It's growing fast on radio and sales are great.

8 hours ago, e_yal said:

for 1 week ,right? and why Light my body couldnt chart even in the bubbling under?  stop act like she's big . she failed to make a hit with like 6 singles out. 

Light My Body Up didn't come out with a music video & forced challenge attempt lol.......

Stop acting like her songs and features are frontloaded lol, they gain with airplay and a music video release. But I think it's cute how you're saying she "failed to make a hit" while she's sitting pretty with multiple songs on the Hot 100, but your faves can no longer do the same with a lead comeback single and all the extra bs Iggy tried to pull with it. 

1 hour ago, Viva La Coldplay said:

I need the video for SJLT to come already so it can help increase its streaming. It's growing fast on radio and sales are great.

Did they shoot the MV already? Both artists are busy touring to shoot a music video.

Just now, kwek_kwek said:

Did they shoot the MV already? Both artists are busy touring to shoot a music video.

I'm not sure, sorry if my previous post was confusing. What I meant was, they might of planned ahead and already shot the video around the same time they recorded the song together knowing they are going on tour and wouldn't have time to shoot a video and are now just waiting for the right time to release it.

17 hours ago, FanOfPop said:

I know that in the title of the song is "&" or "x" but I don't see any difference between "featuring" and those two symbols. Also, I can't remember if every song with two or more artists is a feature or not and so its easier to use "featuring" for me.

if a song is featuring someone, it means that theyre just "guests" on a particular song :) but in the case of SJLT it's both a Chainsmokers and Coldplay song... both groups get equal billing and credits as writers, composers and producers :):)

Y'all Stan those trajic Drake, Justin Bieber, etc. songs but got the never to talk about James Arthur and Lukas Graham. This site is too gay for me.

47 minutes ago, dussymob said:

Y'all Stan those trajic Drake, Justin Bieber, etc. songs but got the never to talk about James Arthur and Lukas Graham. This site is too gay for me.

maybe u need to start a base thread about them

6 hours ago, MalikMinajesty said:

Light My Body Up didn't come out with a music video & forced challenge attempt lol.......

Stop acting like her songs and features are frontloaded lol, they gain with airplay and a music video release. But I think it's cute how you're saying she "failed to make a hit" while she's sitting pretty with multiple songs on the Hot 100, but your faves can no longer do the same with a lead comeback single and all the extra bs Iggy tried to pull with it. 

So iggy is your standart now ? man , Nicki released 6 singles and they all flopped. any of them at itunes top 100 at all ? just take a sit . 

9 hours ago, DangerousSwiftie said:

This is that awkward phase where the singles from winter are descending and the singles for summer haven't been released.

OT: I see people saying that the top 10 is "diverse" this week... but it really isn't. All that's changed is one country song entering, the rest is the typical pop and rap music that we see week after week.

1 Shape Of You     560  (=) POP

2 That's What I Like     473 (=)  R&B

3 Humble     385 (debut)  RAP

4 iSpy     280  (+1) RAP

5 Something Just Like This     263  (-2) EDM

6 Body Like A Back Road     221  (+6) COUNTRY

7 I Feel It Coming     215  (-3) R&B/POP

8 Rockabye     213  (+3) EDM

9 Tunnel Vision     211  (-1) RAP

10 Mask Off     211  (+8) RAP

5 different genres, I'd say it's pretty diverse, the only mainstream genres missing are alternative and rock 

3 minutes ago, lemonade. said:

1 Shape Of You     560  (=) POP

2 That's What I Like     473 (=)  R&B

3 Humble     385 (debut)  RAP

4 iSpy     280  (+1) RAP

5 Something Just Like This     263  (-2) EDM

6 Body Like A Back Road     221  (+6) COUNTRY

7 I Feel It Coming     215  (-3) R&B/POP

8 Rockabye     213  (+3) EDM

9 Tunnel Vision     211  (-1) RAP

10 Mask Off     211  (+8) RAP

5 different genres, I'd say it's pretty diverse, the only mainstream genres missing are alternative and rock 

This. The reason I'm rooting for BLABR to go top 10 (other than it being a good song) is that people in this thread (and in general) often complain that the hot 100 formula isn't fair, and that it favors genres like hip hop, R&B, pop, etc. BLABR going top 10 would prove that a country song can succeed with this formula, and that the formula is not only fair, but more accurate than what it used to be. 

3 minutes ago, novembers17th said:

This. The reason I'm rooting for BLABR to go top 10 (other than it being a good song) is that people in this thread (and in general) often complain that the hot 100 formula isn't fair, and that it favors genres like hip hop, R&B, pop, etc. BLABR going top 10 would prove that a country song can succeed with this formula, and that the formula is not only fair, but more accurate than what it used to be. 

>BLABR

>Good song

Choose one

1 minute ago, B-Rabbit said:

>BLABR

>Good song

Choose one

bye you missed the main point i was making :rip:

1 minute ago, novembers17th said:

bye you missed the main point i was making :rip:

No I didn't you said it was a good song.  If you want a country song to succeed, cheer for an actual country artist that sings actual country songs. 

Just now, B-Rabbit said:

No I didn't you said it was a good song.  If you want a country song to succeed, cheer for an actual country artist that sings actual country songs. 

Of course I'm rooting for them!! It would be great if they went top 10 too. But since BLABR is the one that's actually predicted to do so next week, I talked about that song. I would say the same thing for any country song having success, and I hope more country songs do go top 10 soon, for the exact reason I explained in my first post.