Billboard Charts (April 2-8, 2017)

iHype.

1 minute ago, dussymob said:

I was agreeing with you but that was funny AF how you responded :lmao:

Oh okay :cm:

Certainly an exciting time coming up for the Hot 100. When Shape Of You is finally over

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• dussymob

• FutureHive

• GokuRed

Y'all are way too hard on simmnfierzig :rip: just cause he's good at predictions doesn't mean he has a crystal ball. Not to mention he doesn't even need to do predictions at all, we should just be grateful he takes time out to do it i'll shut up now.

OT: Really excited for Kendrick to get his first solo top 10/5!! He deserves it. And I'm happy to see BLABR possibly going top 10 cause I love seeing that diversity in genre on the hot 100.

Just now, simmnfierzig said:

Oh okay :cm:

Certainly an exciting time coming up for the Hot 100. When Shape Of You is finally over

Bruno deserves the number one, people love that song. Everyone is always talking about it and hopefully it can bring R&B back to the charts because all these rap songs feel so empty without its urban counterpart.

2 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Also, @simmnfierzig have you already find out where Mo Bounce estimates went wrong or are we expecting a reverse High By The Beach announcement by BB anytime soon? :eddie:

2 minutes ago, TayRianaPH said:

Also, @simmnfierzig have you already find out where Mo Bounce estimates went wrong or are we expecting a reverse High By The Beach announcement by BB anytime soon? :eddie:

Not that much of a difference between #97 on the Hot 100 and #17 on bubbling under :celestial5:

I estimated a few streams from outside of Youtube and apparently it got very close to zero. 

7 minutes ago, novembers17th said:

Y'all are way too hard on simmnfierzig :rip: just cause he's good at predictions doesn't mean he has a crystal ball. Not to mention he doesn't even need to do predictions at all, we should just be grateful he takes time out to do it i'll shut up now.

Smh, i was not dragging him for that tho, I know he can't forecast perfectly what's going to happen, but I do recognize that, by always looking at the weekly trend of things, at least we can earn some insights :eddie: I wasn't complaining, I'm contented, and I still thank simm DOT :fan:

BTT: The discount effect for IDWLF is huge it can fall more than 10 spots in just 2 weeks (albeit the points being so close)

Edited by TayRianaPH

2 minutes ago, TayRianaPH said:

Smh, i was not dragging him for that tho, I know he can't forecast perfectly what's going to happen, but I do recognize that, by always looking at the weekly trend of things, at least we can earn some insights :eddie: I wasn't complaining, I'm contented, and I still thank simm DOT :fan:

Ok ok I feel you. But others are too hard on him imo.

42 minutes ago, DancingShoes said:

Noah;s song had a good run :clap3:

The way they play it on radio, you'd think that it peaked higher than that. :eek:

it was so weird how it only peaked at 18 on mediabase pop, but everyone knew it. Just shows that charts don't always reflect true popularity, even if they mathematically do.

QueenofCopyPaste

Future is coming without a video :jonny:

23 minutes ago, NickARTPOP said:

it was so weird how it only peaked at 18 on mediabase pop, but everyone knew it. Just shows that charts don't always reflect true popularity, even if they mathematically do.

Well they mathematically do, which means they do:gaycat4:

"everyone knew it" is your subjective observation. means nothing without actual data to substantiate it. the chart is the closest thing to accuracy we have to measure popularity

1 minute ago, Quaithe said:

Well they mathematically do, which means they do:gaycat4:

"everyone knew it" is your subjective observation. means nothing without actual data to substantiate it. the chart is the closest thing to accuracy we have to measure popularity

obviously, that's what I was saying. My point was, its peak on overall radio was 102 but it always had a great sales ratio and everyone around me seemed to know it, it's just kinda funny how it works like that, I'm sure more people "knew it" and would recognize it than a lot of songs that peaked higher.

iSpy is killing it. :clap3: 

Mask Off & XO TOUR Llif3 :duca::duca::duca: 

Sam :jonny: XXXTENTACION :rip: 

Just now, NickARTPOP said:

obviously, that's what I was saying. My point was, its peak on overall radio was 102 but it always had a great sales ratio and everyone around me seemed to know it, it's just kinda funny how it works like that, I'm sure more people "knew it" and would recognize it than a lot of songs that peaked higher.

ok i see what you mean now:gaycat3: in the long run it is more popular than what the chart reflects.

QueenofCopyPaste

Bruno gained 37 points, Ed lost 44 points from last week's predictions

If it stays the same for Ed's 12th week at #1

Ed: 560-44 = 516

Bruno: 473+37 =  510

:jonny: Bruno can snatch after Ed's 12 weeks at #1 (without discount) 

Harry Styles, Kendrick (w/ album release), Eminem? (surprise drop?) will help as distractions :duca:

1 Shape Of You     560  (=)

2 That's What I Like     473 (=)  

3 Humble     385 (debut)  

4 iSpy     280  (+1)

5 Something Just Like This     263  (-2)

6 Body Like A Back Road     221  (+6)

7 I Feel It Coming     215  (-3)

8 Rockabye     213  (+3)

9 Tunnel Vision     211  (-1)

10 Mask Off     211  (+8)

Mess at the entire top 10 being just men with one woman as a feature, has this happened before?

1 minute ago, UnusualBoy said:

1 Shape Of You     560  (=)

2 That's What I Like     473 (=)  

3 Humble     385 (debut)  

4 iSpy     280  (+1)

5 Something Just Like This     263  (-2)

6 Body Like A Back Road     221  (+6)

7 I Feel It Coming     215  (-3)

8 Rockabye     213  (+3)

9 Tunnel Vision     211  (-1)

10 Mask Off     211  (+8)

Mess at the entire top 10 being just men with one woman as a feature, has this happened before?

Clean Bandit is 1/4 female though. :eli:

Of songs that entered the T10 since the beginning of last year, only Chainsmokers have 3 T3s. Whew their power. 

Just now, Jacob.23 said:

@simmnfierzig Where do you think goosebumps will be next week? It wasn't in your predictions. 

It went recurrent this week

1 minute ago, simmnfierzig said:

Oh. Maybe in two weeks it can rechart then.

Just now, Jacob.23 said:

Oh. Maybe in two weeks it can rechart then.

I've given up trying to understand when Billboard allows a recurrent songs back on.

And when a song goes recurrent I delete it from my excel sheet. So idk where it would be :emofish:

2 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

They should let it chart back though seeing as it will get a major point boost.

15 hours ago, oceans said:

YASSS IGGY DEBUTING AT #17 No Frauds wishes 

Edit: Bubbling under :rip:

:rip: even if so No Frauds debuted at #14 without a video