Billboard Charts (April 2-8, 2017)

iHype.

Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' Tops Hot 100 for 10th Week

As it continues to command the Hot 100, Sheeran's "Shape," released on Atlantic Records, becomes just the 34th No. 1 to lead for at least 10 weeks dating to the chart's Aug. 4, 1958, inception; a mere 3 percent (34 of 1,061) of the Hot 100's all-time No. 1s have reached double-digit total weeks on top.

Among Atlantic singles specifically, "Shape" is the fifth to top the Hot 100 for 10 weeks or more. The one to beat with the longest stay: Brandy and Monica's 13-week No. 1 "The Boy Is Mine" in 1998.

Overall, "Shape" is the first title to top the Hot 100 for double-digit frames since The Chainsmokers' "Closer," featuring Halsey, which led for 12 weeks in 2016. Earlier in 2016, Drake's 10-week No. 1 "One Dance," featuring WizKid and Kyla, became the last such smash among solo males prior to Sheeran's. 

Top 10:

1. Shape of You (=)

2. That's What I Like (=)

3. Something Just Like This

4. I Feel It Coming (+1)

5. iSpy (+7)

6. Bad & Boujee (-2)

7. I Don't Wanna Live Forever (-4)

8. Tunnel Vision (=)

9. Paris (+1) 
10. Passionfruit (-2)

Drake's 'More Life' Spends Second Week at No. 1 on Billboard 200, Trey Songz Debuts at No. 3

Drake’s More Life rules the Billboard 200 albums chart for a second week, as the set earned 225,000 equivalent album units in the week ending March 30, according to Nielsen Music. It declined 55 percent compared to its blockbuster debut frame of 505,000 units.

More Life continues to be a streaming powerhouse in its second week, as traditional album sales equaled 43,000 while it collected another 169,000 SEA units (the second largest streaming week ever for an album, behind only More Life’s debut). The rest of the title’s units came from TEA (13,000).

More Life is Drake’s second album to earn more than a single week at No. 1, following Views, which tallied 13 nonconsecutive weeks atop the list in 2016. His other No. 1 albums all had singular weeks at No. 1 (What a Time To Be Alive, If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late, Nothing Was the Same, Take Care, Thank Me Later).

With More Life clocking a second week at No. 1, it marks the 20th cumulative week at No. 1 for Drake as an artist, combining the two weeks atop the list for More Life with his previous 18 weeks leading the tally with his six earlier No. 1s. Among hip-hop acts, the only artists with more weeks at No. 1 are Jay Z (with 23 weeks from 13 No. 1s) and M.C. Hammer (with 21, all from his only No. 1: Please Hammer Don’t Hurt 'Em).

Trey Songz’s Tremaine debuts at No. 3 -- the only new arrival in the top 10 -- with 67,000 units (45,000 in traditional album sales). It’s the fifth top 10 for the singer, and first since Trigga, which debuted at No. 1 in 2014 with 105,000 in album sales (this was before the chart transitioned to a units-based ranking). He previously visited the region with Chapter V (2012), Passion, Pain & Pleasure (2010) and Ready (2009).

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7744505/drake-more-life-spends-second-week-at-no-1-on-billboard-200-album-chart

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• dussymob

• FutureHive

• GokuRed

Great hold :clap3:

Highest streaming weeks:

1. Drake - More Life: 384,847,029
2. Drake - More Life: 253,500,000
3. Drake - Views: 245,087,706
4. Drake - Views: 186,080,146
:gaycat1:

33 minutes ago, iHype. said:

Highest streaming weeks:

1. Drake - More Life: 384,847,029
2. Drake - More Life: 253,500,000
3. Drake - Views: 245,087,706
4. Drake - Views: 186,080,146
:gaycat1:

Records everywhere :clap3:

Starboy - 1,461,000 (522k pure sales est.)
24K Magic - 1,240,000 (773k pure sales est.)

Divide - 848,000 (504k pure sales est.)

More Life - 730,000 (268k pure sales)

:clap3: 

So Drake will probably pass Ed in 2 or 3 more weeks. We might already have our top 2 albums of the year locked up.

3 minutes ago, alexanderao said:

So Drake will probably pass Ed in 2 or 3 more weeks. We might already have our top 2 albums of the year locked up.

Most likely. I can only see JT or Taylor Swift dethroning them.

His second week is more than most of our pop girls first week :eek: :clap3:

King of streaming rap. 

Prince of rap, honestly, truly. 

This is not an accomplishment I'd proudly tote as an artist. Most people didn't even buy his album.

42 minutes ago, Monster said:

This is not an accomplishment I'd proudly tote as an artist. Most people didn't even buy his album.

Most people don't buy music today period.

Screen_Shot_2017-04-02_at_8.04.57_PM.png

King of thriving in TODAY's music industry 

:clap3:

Just now, ChartsFan said:

That graph shows overall income generated and how for the music industry.  What it doesn't show is artist share of sales vs streaming revenue,

stresming pay rates suck. 

Drake got an almost $20m check from Apple Music, on top of his enormous streams paying him, so I doubt he's complaining.

:michael:

What other artists make from their streams has nothing to do with the topic.

1 minute ago, ChartsFan said:

It has everything to do with the topic,  every week all we here is how streaming rules,  people don't know or don't see the bigger picture.

While drake may thrive, his fellow musicians don't.  But I guess if you are out for yourself and don't care shout the affects on others...

Drake going #1 on Billboard 200 literally has nothing to do with how much X and Y earned from Spotify last week

:michael:

Just now, ChartsFan said:

Apparently it does. You are the one that brought up the revenue chart and the 20m.  All because you didn't like someone opinion on the issue of buying an album to support the artist,

He said the numbers aren't good because they're mostly streaming; I pointed out the current music industry is mostly streaming. His numbers aren't any different from the overall trend.

Going on a tangent about how X & Y got bad payments from Spotify is a whole other discussion. It ain't hard to understand.

5 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

That is not what the user said,

"This is not an accomplishment I'd proudly tote as an artist. Most people didn't even buy..."

there wasn't a word that streaming was bad, it said sales were bad.  Which they are.

people need to read what is said, not what they want it to say,  people need to accept criticism on one point and not twist it into criticism on every point,  but it is the Internet and it seems to be the Internet way of life...

Oh my god you are unbearable.

:lmao: 

"Most people didn't even buy..."

As I said, most people don't buy music period in 2017. There's literally no need to diminish his success specifically for something that applies to the entire industry is what I was saying. There was nothing hard to understand.  

Pls stop replying. I have you on Ignore now.