ATRL's Song Contest 14: Winner announced (p. 343)

Diarrhoea

S13: A bop a bit. I love the verses tbh A vibe though

S14: It's very reject Justin Timberlake-esque... it sounds dated and cheaply produced tbh

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diarrhoea

• K$Ellie

• Psycho

• bestfiction

S15: Sounds like Lauren J. Its very vibey but plain and repetitive 

S16: Very odd-sounding. But its soothing and boring at the same time #GoldTrash

S17: Girl... not my sugar , keep it in the coffin

S18: I like the sound of that tbh, but it sounds almost like half the entries I heard. 

The hate for my song is so basic and predictable. Hating talent is ATRL's specialty.

I kinda regret playing it so safe. But it will definitely get me through to the next round at least. Hopefully I’m in the upper half :’(

When are ratings due? I had to pack and move apartments today so I had like no time lol

14 minutes ago, Lémur said:

I kinda regret playing it so safe. But it will definitely get me through to the next round at least. Hopefully I’m in the upper half :’(

When are ratings due? I had to pack and move apartments today so I had like no time lol

A little under 3 days x

S19: This is cute but it straddles underproduction and sounds like a washed up Hasley

S20: IDK why but I like songs where you can hear the guitar real well, Its still basic but the guitar helps, at least for me. The chorus gives me nostalgia vibes. Its very lat 90's- 2000's rock

S21: Painfully boring and seems very inspired by elevator music or pharmacy-hold-line tunes that we all know and love.

S22: The vocals are light and the instrumental drop is cute. Its a nice head-nodder . I like it

Edited by Speezy

S23: Another hiphop , urban artist! Come on out with the R&B and Hiphop excellence. But sadly this song is a bit boring. Its catchy to an extent but you can easily get distracted from the song

S24: This is very good. I love the beat drop. This is like a nostalgia anthem sound as well. Its a vibe!

other 12 coming tomorrow afternoon :alexz:

S25: Its very cute and Kelly Clarkson-ish. I love the 80's-90's sound in it. Vocals arent the tea

S26: Another decent guitar production. The vocals were meh. The chorus is boilING hot garbage that doesnt evaporate

Edited by Speezy

S27: Wait this artist snapped. Give me a martini and a plane ticket to an island cause this is a cute jam. The vocals arent good but I can ignore them

S28: YASS BITCH! I was thinking about sending ha and one of her singles :jonny5: So glad she didnt go unnoticed. Wig snatch me bisexual chanteuse 

S29: Sounds like another pharmacy hold line bop. I'd have to be high or drunk to enjoy the song cause there is some pieces that are good but the majority is a slumber fest

S30: This one was interesting and different. I love the chorus and the bridge. Its a song you listen to with your windows down on a summer day

S31: Very R&B homeage-like but that was ruined by the vocals and bad lyrics. Its a 6/10 bop though. The song is just too busy for my taste.

S32: Very chill, elementary and simple but it sounds like a song Ru-paul would sing on Drag Race. 

Spoiler

Song1: Like how laid back this is — it made for easy listening! I would really love to get my hands on the stems for the production, too.

Song2: 100% yes.

Song3: Same comments as Song1, but I’m more intrigued by this one’s production.

Song4: It’s a nice Pop song, but I don’t foresee it getting any points from me.

Song5: It’s got dynamic production, which is good. The feature definitely elevated the song.

Song6: Unpopular opinion here, but I was never crazy over this song.

Song7: Wasn’t into this one.

Song8: Love the euphoric quality the chorus/hook has in particular. Rooting for this one.

Song9: I watched his Zach Sang interview weeks back when the record dropped. This is one of my favorites from the record, and my initial submission for this round!

Song10: This really reminds me of Azealia, in a good way. I enjoyed this — I’ll have to check them out. (once the results come out)

Song11: This is GREAT! The writing on this and the buildup in the production really, really make the song progress. I’m not sure if this is something I’d listen to on my own, but it certainly stands out in the mix.

Song12: I’ve only listened to the Rina songs that were submitted in the previous seasons, but this sounds like her voice! I’ll admit that I didn’t pay attention much to the vocals/lyrical content because my ears got lost in the production — it’s great.

Song13: This isn’t something I’d listen to on my own, but I like how relaxed it was and easy it was to listen to. Not a bad entry at all.

Song14: Oh wow, is this Adam Lambert? He hadn’t crossed my mind when submitting songs for this round, which is quite dumb. Anyway, I need to know what this song is called! — loved it!

Song15: Is this Rita? She sounds quite good here, and I like the chorus a looooooot.

Song16: Wasn’t into this one.

Song17: Errrrr, a bit worried for you — I submitted an old-school track back in another season and got elim’d right then and there. I enjoyed this, but I’m not sure if it’ll get points from me, although I’m really wanting to since it stands out in the mix.

Song18: Nice song! I don’t think it’ll rank high enough for me, but I hope it ranks well overall!

Song19: Hmm, the production on this reminds me of the typical Spotify Pop playlist-styled production that many are trying nowadays. It’s not a bad song, but it didn’t leave an impression on me.

Song20: Oh my Gooooood, this song brings such nostalgia to me… ****. Smart choice.

Song21: I’m not sure if I liked this? It’s definitely different, I’ll give you that!

Song22: This is nice, and was positioned well in the mix. I’m tempted to give this points.

Song23: The production on this is REAL cool. I wasn’t a fan of the vocal that much, but that outro is tugging on me to give this points.

Song24: The song is nice, but it’s just not for me.

Song25: Same as Song24.

Song26: Not for me, but the production was more hard-hitting compared to other songs.

Song27: Not a bad entry, but I don’t think it ranks high enough for me.

Song28: She’s so talented, it’s scary. Really solid entry. Her Instagram is everything, too.

Song29: The intro reminds me of a certain GarageBand loop… hm. The bridge turned me off though — the voice was rather grating and the outro just didn’t work for me.

Song30: Nice song, but not for me.

Song31: Oh wow, is this Tegan and Sara? I’m tempted to give this points, ahhhhh, decisions.

Song32: I was shocked at how solid this was when it dropped. Nice choice!

Song33: Is this Adam again? Again, such a strong song — might be giving both his song points. You two did great jobs.

Song34: The lyrics were just a little too juvenile for me (especially in the verses), which is a shame, because the voice and production are certainly there. The lyrics in the hook and the chorus are also solid.

Song35: It’s interesting, but not for me.

Song36: Love this song! Nice way to end the round.

It was hard to pick a Top10. Lots of great songs in the mix.

:jonny2:

S33: Whew the vocals. This song is very good,mellow  and vibey. I like it alot :jonny5: American Idol contestants do know how to serve  belts and chorus climaxes

S34:  This is very upbeat and cute. Its current sounding and different in a way. I like it . Also the breakdown near the end was cute

S35: This is creative the long ass intro was a no. Its a song that is too busy to catch a vibe too. Reminds me of Mj

S36: Whew chile the vocal and bass sent me

yas 30 hours :duca:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.