ATRL's Holy Trinity 7 ▼ Round 2 live

Hug

@Navyofbadgals  Phresh: I seriously didn't expect this 1-2 punch of trinities from you :deadbanana: you're doing a really good job, I liked your approach

why dis bitch always gotta be shading me when i do well :ahh::cm: 

thanks tho :eli: 

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hug

• PhreshDiamond

• Fa1x intelectual

• Queen Conchita

2 hours ago, Aurora said:

@PhreshDiamond

Concept: Whew, finally an entry that makes sense. :skull: I love that you started with the lesser-used definition of steel. The songs made absolute sense and all worked with one another too.

Songs: ALL BOPS. :jonny: I will say though, this somewhat hinders the entry a bit. I remember this being a minor problem with your first entry (Rih/Sia/Adele?) and it’s a little more noticeable this time. Instead of three pure dance songs, you could have had something with a little more edge to give us that vibe or feeling of steel, more than just the songs being about strength thematically. Two David Guetta songs was also a bit questionable.

oop thanks :duca:  Yeah I hear you about the generic dance song choices :jonny:  am sorry for it being 2 Guetta song as well :ahh: 

Edited by PhreshDiamond

3 hours ago, Temporal said:

RIP

Temporal a flop judge - why?

Oh, wow look at Aurora slaying :clap3: Lemme just put up the challenge now bc I'm sure someone still wants to play. :rip:

Thanks Sam. I threw both YMCA and iKAG cause it was inclusive to lesbos and femme and masc and gays of color ♡ and yeah arca was a gay artist whl shows diversity in our community too. I couls have highlighted that better tho 

Glad it wasnt terrible tho

3 hours ago, PhreshDiamond said:

Temporal a flop judge - why?

Like game, like judge! :eddie:  

bkDTJjpgmc_YiQscj7mGDOTHNsDZbRXvxlpxQMEhH2C8DmrI4OpOLqScHalWenRhBZ00zj8bIosK-hn0ljuBPI7ZgY7FzLCRu4bx4uq__JgXAdyCKAfpEj1-VfmBwhHaWuxKw9pq

@Queen Conchita @Fa1x intelectual @Xedretinz Lododnz @PhreshDiamond @swiftie13 @MusicLoverDude @Lémur

▼ Challenge Three: The ‘(not clickbait)’ Trinity

An original challenge? I don’t believe it! This is the first original challenge that I didn’t expect to come this early, but oh well. (Welcome to the quarter final, by the way!) For this challenge, I want you guys to give us the most exaggerated or fabricated story/stories possible. You can either have 3 mini stories with 3 songs, or 1 cohesive story with three songs connecting it. The key is to take some lyrics to a song and blow them completely out of proportion for comedic effect! I will have an example trinity below this so don’t worry if you’re still confused.

Your entries will be due on May 4th, 2017, 8:00 PM EST (This is five days from this post!)

---

▼ Hug’s ‘(not clickbait)’ Trinity ▲

Hello everyone, and welcome to a new story time video, and this one is...REALLY wild lol! This one literally starts as soon as I was born! For literally as long as I can remember I’ve been travelling the world, through the coldest of tundras and hottest of deserts to find a person that I didn’t even know! All I could think of is WHERE ARE THEY? I knew if that I did find them, that I’d give myselves to them every day and in any way they wanted. Were they somewhere in the crowd?

QlBQVGL.png 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBxt_v0WF6Y

‘Where Have You Been’ by Rihanna

Genre: Dance Pop

Released: November, 2011

So, believe it or not, I did end up finding this guy! It turns out that reason I couldn’t find him was because he actually WAS hiding for me. I HAD A STALKER. He kidnapped me and he planned on stealing my heart to sell on the black market. However, there was something about him that...I kinda loved. It turns out that I was in love with a criminal!

SvsuzAH.png 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVIv4rULrys

‘Criminal’ by Britney Spears

Genre: Pop

Released:October, 2011

So I decided to tell him how I really felt about him. I thought that he would realize that he loved me too. However, it only made him angry and it made him attack me! He tried coming after me with a knife, but all it did was set me free from the rope he had me tied in, and I started to run out of the building I was in. When I went outside, I noticed that it was a full moon out, and I started transforming! Suddenly I had big ears, fangs, claws, and even fur...I was a she wolf!

MP0GJWT.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=booKP974B0k

‘She Wolf’ by Shakira

Genre: Pop

Released:October, 2009

Seriously, you guys better release your comedic geniuses. This s gonna be fun

Right when I promised myself I would be more careful with the exaggerations on my entries, there comes a challenge asking me to do exactly that....
OH WELL :celestial:

Time for me to serve no versatility and do another comedy entry

Watching Welcome to Fanfiction.net for inspo

Just now, Lémur said:

Time for me to serve no versatility and do another comedy entry

Watching Welcome to Fanfiction.net for inspo

What if you did an overly dark and serious entry and the comedy was in the ironic layers.

7 hours ago, Aurora said:

I'm so so sorry I didn't do these sooner. I honestly had no idea the entries were even up. :rip: Here's my comments, rankings will be sent to Hug straight after.

Mte, am working now

Apologies to Hug :rip:  

Just now, Hug said:

What if you did an overly dark and serious entry and the comedy was in the ironic layers.

That sounds difficult

Sent, again, sorry for the delay everyone! Feel free to harass me via @ next time!

Oh, let me post your comments then.

Tymps - This was more personal than your last entry, lol. I thought this was funny, very you, with nice song diversity. Short and to the point.

Fa1x - An immortal cricket? :rip: Points for originality, but the actual story was all over the place; it feels like you wrote this around the songs than the other way around, which would’ve been more effective.

Swiftie13 - Did I miss the discussion where everyone decided Fairy meant LGBTCupcakke.mp3? Not YMCA being a gay song too, I never realized jdhsfgjh I thought this entry was fine, nice diversity in songs that suck to a central theme, but you could’ve connected and presented them better. Less isn’t more with you!

Queen Conchita - Beyond the thematics “Born to be Wild” is a pretty bright, peppy song, and doesn’t give me “dark.” “Mad World” was a better choice, and captures the darkness you were going for, despite “Life” not necessarily implying darkness. Great presentation once again!

Xed - I hate 2/3 of the songs you choose :deadbanana: Regardless I liked the angle you took for this challenge for the songs, the write ups however… “Let's see for example you're a poop, then everyone tries to avoid you and of course you'll feel bad and sad. But what if someone accidentally touched or slipped on you? will you feel great?” :rip: 

MusicLoverDude - This was an interesting angle to take… It did feel lazy however, relying on a story already made when you didn’t really add anything to the narrative besides the songs, and even then, those were premade to fit with this Degreassi theme. The whole thing felt very 2006 emo melodramatic too. 

PhreshDiamond - I REALLY liked the angle with this, even though using Pokémon as the third interpretation was eh considering the way Pokémon takes it is very much the noun’s way as well. The songs didn’t have much diversity either - if you’re going to use two David Guetta songs you might as well go all the way; I’m sure you could’ve found a replacement for “Commander”.

oop the weekly LASHINGS from temporal 

9 minutes ago, Queen Conchita said:

Are we getting scores too? @Hug :gaycat2: 

Oh, i don't remember if Navy sent scores or not. Let me look. I'll post them if he did.

EDIT: He didn't, and we don't have a flop trinity anyway since exactly 3 people didn't send. I'll just unceremoniously tell y'all because it's inconsequential at this point.

The would-be Golden trinity: @Queen Conchita (1 average! grats!), @Lémur, @PhreshDiamond (both with a 2 and 4 placement, 3 average) and @swiftie13 (3 from both judges)

@Fa1x intelectual is 5th, with an average of 5.5, followed by @MusicLoverDude with an average of 6, and @Xedretinz Lododnz was last with a 6.5 average. :chick3: 

I suppose I can give y'all the same benefit as last time, but I imagine y'all will send anyway. :cm: 

oop I missed @Navyofbadgals comment :keir:. Thanks for the critics sis! I hope I would do well next round :-* 

@Temporal thanks for the critics too! :heart2: 

oop i've found my hidden calling :jonny: 

12 minutes ago, Hug said:

Oh, i don't remember if Navy sent scores or not. Let me look. I'll post them if he did.

EDIT: He didn't, and we don't have a flop trinity anyway since exactly 3 people didn't send. I'll just unceremoniously tell y'all because it's inconsequential at this point.

The would-be Golden trinity: @Queen Conchita (1 average! grats!), @Lémur, @PhreshDiamond (both with a 2 and 4 placement, 3 average) and @swiftie13 (3 from both judges)

@Fa1x intelectual is 5th, with an average of 5.5, followed by @MusicLoverDude with an average of 6, and @Xedretinz Lododnz was last with a 6.5 average. :chick3: 

I suppose I can give y'all the same benefit as last time, but I imagine y'all will send anyway. :cm: 

****ING SHOOK :jonny: 

2 hours ago, Queen Conchita said:

****ING SHOOK :jonny: 

Congrats, you slayed this one. :clap3:

A mess @Navyofbadgals being first to submit comments but never actually submitting rankings. :deadbanana3: