it was kind of tragic

iwcK3XI.gif 

11 minutes ago, Hug said:

This game tea

Post at least Bagels' critique! 

Not my efforts getting thrown out the window like this :deadbanana:

You're right I should!

Lémur - this isn't potentially NSFW, this is NSFW :deadbanana: 

your entry was great though, I was scRIHming throughout. I especially liked the choice for the first 2 songs

Fa1x - I think you had some great song choices and I think the story is good, but it would fit better with Fairy type than bug type imo.. still a very solid effort and a creative approach. I really like that you are choosing good songs that are not particularly very well known (nowadays)

Swiftie13: this was cute, very minimal, but it was definitely enough to make it a good entry. I like that arca song, never heard of it before :eek: 

Queen Conchita: you really did a very, very solid job here! I really liked the whole entry. Birth could be ''darker'', but ugh I'm nitpicking at this point tbh

XL: what is that last part :deadbanana: so not you (no shade) ddddd

you did a good job, but it wasn't flawless. Fight Song is a too easy song choice for your type imo, so that was a bit meh. I also feel like big parts of the story could've been cut and it would've still been fun. I did like the overall entry though and I think you did a good job overall

MLD: what type is this? idk tbh :deadbanana: did you just give us a tribute for a degrassi character dddd :deadbanana: 

the song choices were fine

Phresh: I seriously didn't expect this 1-2 punch of trinities from you :deadbanana: you're doing a really good job, I liked your approach

Yas! Bagels better stan Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered! I'll try to keep these 60s/50s bops comin'

@Queen Conchita just making sure you won't miss this

Edited by Fa1x intelectual

I would like to say I chose the Bug type because Jiminy was the main character (I mean, in my head he was...). I admit I went on a tangent with the whole Blue Fairy x Crcket subplot, but I couldn't let the golden opportunity of showcasing the old man living inside me slide.

8 minutes ago, Fa1x intelectual said:

Yas! Bagels better stan Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered! I'll try to keep these 60s/50s bops comin'

@Queen Conchita just making sure you won't miss this

Thankyou!

I'm very pleased with my comments from navyofbadgalsus :gaycat2:

Just now, Queen Conchita said:

Thankyou!

Let's exchange emoji hugs in celebration of our consistency throughtout the competition

The best debuts of ATRL 2017 :hug:

@Navyofbadgals It was the dark type. That should have been obvious from the song choices and May's storyline on the show that I described 

I'm so so sorry I didn't do these sooner. I honestly had no idea the entries were even up. :rip: Here's my comments, rankings will be sent to Hug straight after. I wanted to make them quick but I also wanted to give you more than a line or two after such a long ass wait. Sorry for dragging everyone, but in all honestly I was pretty disappointed with this batch on the whole.

First, just a general word of advice to everyone: take it back a notch or two… or ten! It’s honestly off-putting how distant some of these entries are getting from the supposed “central theme”. Some of you are serving solar system with the distance between your songs and the central theme serving planets to the sun.

@Lémur

Concept: I didn’t really like anything about this, sorry. It felt very judgmental and stereotype-driven, as if looking down upon gays who go through this transition. As a take on the “Fairy” type it just felt rather shallow.

Songs: As far as the songs go, I actually enjoyed them all a lot, especially the first once, which I didn’t expect to. I think I may have used that Khia song in a trinity once myself. :skull: But the songs definitely saved your entry for me.

@Fa1x intelectual

Concept: This was quite the stretch, wasn’t it? I think writing a story for your entry was nice but it just has to be more than you taking us on this massive rollercoaster over mountains and under oceans to get from A to B to C. I didn’t really feel any connection between these songs and the “Bug” type other than the (very very loose) connection your narrative provides. I believe this is a case of doing too much. Try to look for connections that aren’t obvious, sure, but also not so far removed you have to create your own stimulus to tie them together.

Songs: Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered is the only one I really liked. Mambo No. 5 felt extremely gimmicky and out-of-place in this entry, especially.

@swiftie13

Concept: OK so you went down the “Fairy = Gay xD” route like Lemur, proving it’s not really anything out of the ordinary. At least your entry was more of an ode to the LGBTQ+ community rather than a parody of it.

Songs: Arca was clearly a highlight, but I like that you wanted to show different aspects of the community. YMCA was kinda throwaway; I Kissed A Girl did a better job of being comedic/uplifting/fun and I feel like I’d rather two songs in the vein of Arca’s song than this.

@Queen Conchita

Concept: Yes. :clap3: This is the kind of concept I’d expect from a Holy Trinity entry. Three clear equally weighted elements with songs that tie together to represent a common theme. Where others are trying to do too much and losing the essence of the game, you’ve excelled.

Songs: Three really great songs which supported your theme effortlessly and just made sense. Loved this entry.

@Xedretinz Lododnz

Concept: Uh… please read Fa1x’s critique, especially the part about doing too much. There’s a difference between creativity and thinking outside the box and being so tangential that it no longer has the essence of what you’re trying to achieve.

Songs: Really? “Fight Song” in a trinity about fighting? You can do better. “You and I” is the only song I haven’t heard and honestly it’s the only thing I like about this entry at all, sorry.

@MusicLoverDude

Concept: So this is basically just a summary of 5 seasons of a TV show? Where are YOU in this? I just don’t get how you thought it fit the brief. The songs don’t really connect to the theme at all other than having some old fan uploads relating to the scenes of the show you’ve outlined, which simply isn’t enough. I just find the whole approach questionable.

Songs: At least I do like all the songs. :michael:

@PhreshDiamond

Concept: Whew, finally an entry that makes sense. :skull: I love that you started with the lesser-used definition of steel. The songs made absolute sense and all worked with one another too.

Songs: ALL BOPS. :jonny: I will say though, this somewhat hinders the entry a bit. I remember this being a minor problem with your first entry (Rih/Sia/Adele?) and it’s a little more noticeable this time. Instead of three pure dance songs, you could have had something with a little more edge to give us that vibe or feeling of steel, more than just the songs being about strength thematically. Two David Guetta songs was also a bit questionable.

Bon appétit bb

Oh shook I really didn't expect to do so well this round :jonny: 

I'm just happy Bewitched, Bothred and Bewildered is getting all this luv. I think it was my more risky song choice this round :jonny:

As I stated on the tail-end of my entry, I had fun and that's all that matters

Queen Conchita slaying as expected :clap3:

Excited for the ranks :duca:

Thanks for the critics @AuroraI actually don't have enough time to do the 2nd round so I just did it in rush and it was supposed to be comedic after all. I just sent something for fun. But hopefully next round I would make it more imaginative and creative :heart2: 

Bon Appétit baby :cm: 

Thanks but mess at my trinity looking down at people who go through that when it was just my story??