Hot 100: Old Town Road #1

iHype.

1 hour ago, Capruni said:

As i said early on this tread, It was  suspicious Billboard didn’t post the week top 10 on the same hour they always do it, It was “Old Town Road” rising to the number #1, He deserved it. It’s interesting that for next week Billy Ray Cyrus can gain credits at number #1 since the remix sales & streaming is gaining more points than the single version, hope It happens the “Perfect Duet” situation and Billy is going to be credited on it next week...

Okay, "Old Town Road" IS actually the Hot Shot Debut Billboard's Country Airplay Chart: 

53 NEW OLD TOWN ROAD Columbia HH Hot Shot Debut HH Lil Nas X 1.019 +0.982 140 135, but below #60 spins-wise, And BB even gave Lil Nas X some credit for his HSD achievement: "Thanks largely to syndicated plays on The Bobby Bones Show and a remix featuring Billy Ray Cyrus, released April 5, the song arrives at No. 53 on Country Airplay with 1 million audience impressions."

Now, to be fair to BB, Bebe Rexha/FGL's "Meant To Be" didn't debut on the hybrid airplay/sales/streaming Hot Country Songs Chart until MTB's SECOND week on the BB CAC. Also, during that time, FGL was moved from "featured" status wk 1 to Bebe Rexha & FGL with equal billing on CAC wk 2.  Also, the BRC feature was added, 05 April, too late in the tracking period to count as the main version of OTW, as Bobby Bones featured OTR on his syndicated show prior to the Cyrus remix.  Obviously, this billing will change this coming week.  I could actually see Lil Nas X changing Cyrus to equal billing soon, as Cyrus part is really more than what's considered a "featured" artist.

I messaged Jim Asker (Country, Christian, and Gospel Chart Manager) the week before MTB debuted at #1 on the HCSC, and he wrote back and said he was adding MTB on the HCAC the following week.  Since he didn't message me back last night, today, or tonight about OTR, COMBINED with the pressure put upon Billboard after its controversial removing OTR from the HCSC, and Country Sales and Streaming Charts, that he is under the gun enough as it is. 

This is a far cry from waiting to add MTB until wk 2.  But, even with MTB, now nearly 1.5 yrs' ago, BB faced questions asked about MTB's exclusion on the BB HCSC, CSaC, and CStC -- largely because Bebe was a non-Country lead artist.  Bebe's team actually bought Country Weekly ads pointing out that MTB was the top selling and streaming Country song for two weeks prior to Asker adding MTB to the HCSC, CSaC, and CStC.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• Mr.Fenty

• slw84

• Adonis

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, DONTYELLATME said:

So is Billy Ray gonna be credited next weeK?

16 minutes ago, Capruni said:

@simmnfierzig do you think Billy Ray Cyrus is gonna be credited on Old Town Road next week?

2 hours ago, Capruni said:

As i said early on this tread, It was  suspicious Billboard didn’t post the week top 10 on the same hour they always do it, It was “Old Town Road” rising to the number #1, He deserved it. It’s interesting that for next week Billy Ray Cyrus can gain credits at number #1 since the remix sales & streaming is gaining more points than the single version, hope It happens the “Perfect Duet” situation and Billy is going to be credited on it next week...

Please see my commentary in my previous post, as to why BB might have had some reason (not necessarily great reason though) as to why OTR didn't debut this week.  As for the timing of tonight's Country Weekly Update, it was right on time, around 10 pm.  Had BB had questions about OTR's exclusion, BB's CWU would've definitely been late.

So OTR really got that no.1 without Billy Ray??? WOW

And now with Billy Ray it will be even more massive :deadbanana2:

5 hours ago, Ger-55 said:

Hot 100:

1. Old Town Road (+14)

2. Sunflower (+1)

3. 7 rings (-2)

4. Wow. (-2)

5. Without Me (-1)

6. Please Me (-1)

7. bad guy (HOT SHOT DEBUT)

8. Sucker (+1)

9. Happier (-3)

10. MIDDLE CHILD (-3)

Ari wasn't gonna make it either way. :deadbanana2:

Article: https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8506256/lil-nas-x-old-town-road-number-one-hot-100

Sunflower's longevity :skull:

I hope Shallow can sneak another week in the top10 somehow

idc if OTR is a meme, it’s a ****ing BOP :jonny4: the chorus is catchy as hell and the verses are fun to sing to

Billboard really must not like the press they have recived surrounding this song. I have never seen the hot 100 article, especially about a new number 1, on the day of the article’s release, this buried on the front page of the site before.ZdbRhwQ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f 

Can you show me the memes that made OTR so viral? Never seen them 

7 hours ago, Jet said:

You've never heard an actual southern person talk then. We don't talk like that, hence why he must've made this as a joke/meme or something.

I didn't call anyone out. I just said the song is trash and the fake accent sounds silly. Calm down.

it's his real accent tho

omg not him being the same age as me and has a #1 on hot 100 and Billie is younger than me and have the #1 on BB200

4 hours ago, LostInStereo100 said:

This will have like 3x the points of the number two song next week :rip:

it hit number one before the remix came out and it seems the remix is as big or bigger than the original song 

with how quickly the radio is picking up. The only competition would be Adele I think. Even Taylor would be a challenge to overcome this. At least till it cools down in like 4-6 weeks 

To challenge it during her first 1-2 weeks? Not at all, LWYMMD did 1k+ points in its first weeks. But yeah, good luck to Taylor after her first couple weeks if she really releases soon. August it is then I guess if she was originally planning to release this month :skull:

What happened to Bad Guy tho? I remember some predictions with it at #2. :confused: 

Still really good for Billie. Her first top 10! :clap3: 

9 hours ago, slw84 said:

still top 10

ygsXyEH.gif

So much for being “the next ‘Hold It Against Me’”

ygsXyEH.gif

Sunflower though :eek: 

5 minutes ago, Squall said:

Wait Billy Ray isn’t credited? :rip: 

billy ray's remix is for this tracking week.. chart reveal next wek

1 minute ago, Cryptique said:

billy ray's remix is for this tracking week.. chart reveal next wek

Oh ok I had no idea it was only released this week. Hopefully they count him because the original is probably going to contribute more but well, he is definitely helping as well.

1 minute ago, Squall said:

Oh ok I had no idea it was only released this week. Hopefully they count him because the original is probably going to contribute more but well, he is definitely helping as well.

the remix is pulling great streams and crazy sales so i think he'll be credited... for how long??? now that we don't know

SUCKER will serve Pillowtalk rather than HIAM because Radio is actually supporting it... Nice Pop Song :heart2:

11. Shallow :mad:

i hope it'll sneak in the top10 next week :duca:

1 hour ago, umich said:

So much for being “the next ‘Hold It Against Me’”

ygsXyEH.gif

Sunflower though :eek: 

So true. Sucker wasn’t trendsetting...won’t even reference the hiam thread with all the receipts.

i don’t get how sunflower took up wows time and is it supposed to be cool to miss out on #1s

is this post Malone’s rockstar schtick or something?

So so so so glad he dethroned Ariana with her forgettable/annoying track

This is such an interesting #1 in many ways.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.