Hot 100: Old Town Road #1

iHype.

1 minute ago, Michael196 said:

Not with this uncomparable non-existent effort.

you don't even know how he wrote and recorded this song to say how much effort was put. the GP AND critics adore this song so it's all that matters :cm:

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• Mr.Fenty

• slw84

• Adonis

Top Posters In This Topic

Moonlight by XXXTENTACION still top 40 on streaming:rip:

I wonder what Chartsfan reaction wouldve been

1 hour ago, Michael196 said:

Is the GP that tone deaf? Seriously?

i get that we got a glimpse at that with that panda song and the migos wave and the nae nae thing... But these Taylor/Adele kind of points? Really?? I didn't last 20 seconds into the song and the fact that the original is less than two minutes long and even the remix barely broke the two and a half minutes? You call that a song???? And give the chance to make that much money with this kind of minimal effort when REAL artists are delievering BODIES of REAL F***ing WORK in all generes and pour their hearts and souls into them and at the end these meaningless garbage get the recognition... Like why???

ps. I'm not fuming or whatever but it's really unfair and undeserved big time!

I am living for the meltdown. :ahh:

13 minutes ago, Mr.Fenty said:

you don't even know how he wrote and recorded this song to say how much effort was put. the GP AND critics adore this song so it's all that matters :cm:

Regarding your first point... As members of this forum, i'm pretty sure that we're capable of recognizing effort and what it looks like, as for the second.. I don't mind it that much but there's way more deserving people/songs

1 hour ago, americanlife said:

Has a hit song ever had 1,000+ points before?

36 minutes ago, Capruni said:

Omg, 915 points!!!

I think I’ve never ever seen this prediction points like that before, I think neither  Adele’s “Hello” had those prediction points on its first week, right @simmnfierzig?

Adele's "Hello" had way over 1000 points its first week.  I don't remember the actual points number, but it was way over 915.

That being said, after a period of time with "strong #1 songs" preaking at around 500 points these days, 915 IS very strong.  7 Rings and TUN had stronger numbers in their earlier #1 chart weeks, but even Grande didn't reach 900.

915 points :deadbanana2: That's insane. That's bigger than a Drake song.

Hello by Adele had 1500+ points in its first week, I don't know of any others.

29 minutes ago, Sinister said:

I wonder what Chartsfan reaction wouldve been

:lmao:

i completey forgot about Chartsfan. This thread would be at 50 pages by now lol

44 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Wait, I did some reading and billboard removed it from the Country charts prior to Billy Ray's ( :deadbanana:) involvement> :biblio: Why? Cause he's a black artist and isn't allowed to experiment with genres? :biblio:

Welp, suddenly I don't mind this being #1. BB policing genres is stupid and problematic, hybrids exist - I bet a lot of country is pop leaning, too; so why can't a song have 808s AND a banjo? Tf

BB didn't include MTB until its 2nd wk on the Country Airplay, and after FGL was given equal billing with Bebe Rexha. There was some controversy there, as BB was accused of blocking a "Country" song by a "Pop" artist. But, OTR has gotten more publicity because of his race.

Kane Brown (Bi/Multi-racial), Jimmie Allen (Black), and Darius Rucker (Black0all had #1 runs at Country radio within the last year or so.  Mickey Guyton, however, has an amazing voice and writes songs, but her combination of her race (Black) and gender (Female) has proven to be a tougher sell at Country radio.  

1 hour ago, UnusualBoy said:

They're probably the biggest since TUN? I know it pulled huge numbers if not, the biggest since LWYMMD, I think.

Yeah, LWYMMD did 1k+ and Hello did like 1.5-2k. TUN’s peak was like 600-700 points I think? And IMF did 800+. So these are the biggest since LWYMMD :deadbanana4: 

31 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

Regarding your first point... As members of this forum, i'm pretty sure that we're capable of recognizing effort and what it looks like, as for the second.. I don't mind it that much but there's way more deserving people/songs

again, saying that he deserves it less than others is pretentious. he is as artist as other artists.

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

Yes, many times. 

twice it's not so many.

It was almost 2k points for Adele's Hello and something like 1002 for Taylor Swift's Look

I can't think of any other song over that. The closest wast Drake with over 800. so this is four song in "big points.

1. Hello

2. LWYMMD

3. Old Town ROad

4. God's Plan

edit: oh wait, I think Adele's second week was also over 1000.

so

1. Hello

2. Hello

3. LWYMMD

4. OTR

5. God's Plan

Edited by UNNAMI

1 hour ago, Capruni said:

Omg, 915 points!!!

I think I’ve never ever seen this prediction points like that before, I think neither  Adele’s “Hello” had those prediction points on its first week, right @simmnfierzig?

39 minutes ago, Ashley Banks said:

915 points :deadbanana2: That's insane. That's bigger than a Drake song.

Hello by Adele had 1500+ points in its first week, I don't know of any others.

Yes:

33 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Yeah, LWYMMD did 1k+ and Hello did like 1.5-2k. TUN’s peak was like 600-700 points I think? And IMF did 800+. So these are the biggest since LWYMMD :deadbanana4: 

:fan: 

59 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

I still remember when Kworb commented on the Hot 100 thread that Hello was projected to sell more than 1 million copies first week and that at first he thought his system broke down, and then everyone lost it. ugh an iconic week, OTR could never

Just went back and looked, simmn had LWYMMD at 1,064 points in its first full tracking week

Better aiming for top 10

Talk doing very well as well

The album predicted to open with 200k, #1

Khalid did not come to play with you heaux :clap3:

:psyduck: 915 points for a song with ZERO artistic merit and ZERO replay value. BYE

:psyduck: there are a million songs out there for you people to "bop" to. with far better lyrics and far better production value.

EDUCATE YOURSELVES :rip:

talent really won this week.

Ronnie Redd

Man, this world is full of morons. “bUt iT’s cRiTiCaLlY aCcLAiMeD” By who though? Some old fart that doesn’t know crap about music or the same millennials that bought Shake that Laffy Taffy?! Some of you guys really need to hop off his dicc cause you’re only riding it because the stupid song is smashing and you wanna join the party. No one is gonna care when the novelty is over just like they didn’t with Trap Queen and Panda. 

Edited by Ronnie Redd
The song still SUCKS.

25 minutes ago, Ronnie Redd said:

Trap Queen

trap queen still gets plays on urban

All I see on this site are people saying that number 1 songs don’t feel like events anymore, don’t have an impact, or the “gp” does not even know them. Then you get a song that is clearly all of those things and you guys complain. You’re just angry it’s not from your “fave”. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.