Hot 100: Old Town Road #1

iHype.

29 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

Is the GP that tone deaf? Seriously?

i get that we got a glimpse at that with that panda song and the migos wave and the nae nae thing... But these Taylor/Adele kind of points? Really?? I didn't last 20 seconds into the song and the fact that the original is less than two minutes long and even the remix barely broke the two and a half minutes? You call that a song???? And give the chance to make that much money with this kind of minimal effort when REAL artists are delievering BODIES of REAL F***ing WORK in all generes and pour their hearts and souls into them and at the end these meaningless garbage get the recognition... Like why???

ps. I'm not fuming or whatever but it's really unfair and undeserved big time!

I have to say that's a long ass paragraph for someone who's not fuming (although you did make some points)

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• Mr.Fenty

• slw84

• Adonis

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

Early predictions

1 Old Town Road       915  (=)

2 Sunflower       282  (=)

If he's not a one hit wonder, he's the true OG:bibliahh:

This is :rip:

915!!!

It ain't THAT serious

34 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

i get that we got a glimpse at that with that panda song and the migos wave and the nae nae thing... But these Taylor/Adele kind of points? Really?? I didn't last 20 seconds into the song and the fact that the original is less than two minutes long and even the remix barely broke the two and a half minutes? You call that a song???? And give the chance to make that much money with this kind of minimal effort when REAL artists are delievering BODIES of REAL F***ing WORK in all generes and pour their hearts and souls into them and at the end these meaningless garbage get the recognition... Like why???

wow you sound pretentious af without even knowning the history of modern music :bibliahh:

24 minutes ago, nda said:

Okay... it’s still a song made for the purpose of being a meme that mostly locals are eating up

not you're still trying to downplay its critical acclaim :deadbanana:

and let's be honest, these so-called "locals" are the main audience for pop girls as well :cm:

Edited by Mr.Fenty

Nicki’s impact :jonny5:

8 minutes ago, americanlife said:

Has a hit song ever had 1,000+ points before?

Yes, many times. 

1 hour ago, ItalianMonsterLM said:

I've never seen such high points EVER :deadbanana4:

They're probably the biggest since TUN? I know it pulled huge numbers if not, the biggest since LWYMMD, I think.

8 minutes ago, americanlife said:

Has a hit song ever had 1,000+ points before?

From recent times, I think only Adele, Taylor, Drake and Ariana have done it, iirc.

Just now, UnusualBoy said:

They're probably the biggest since TUN? I know it pulled huge numbers if not, the biggest since LWYMMD, I think.

In My Feelings had like 800 points at its peak

5 minutes ago, lovatos said:

I have to say that's a long ass paragraph for someone who's not fuming (although you did make some points)

Because i know that some will try to make me the new chartsfan, but i'm not coming to annoy anybody and spam and rarely give my opinions on stuff regarding anything, but i needed to point something important in my opinion. Plus.. I'm not looking for approval from anybody and certainly my opinion will not change this state but this is a forum after all and commenting on stuff is the way this community works. Right?

Just now, nda said:

Girl I don’t care that you love it :rip: my opinion is just that it doesn’t deserve 900+ points

well, i don't that you think that it doesn't deserve 900+ points. it's a thread about numbers, not feelings

When and how did trap country happen :deadbanana:

It's not a horrid song but it is a very questionable one to go #1 and with over 900 points :deadbanana: Is it possible this is a surge? I really don't want this to be #1 for the next 3 months or so 

Just now, Michael196 said:

Because i know that some will try to make me the new chartsfan, but i'm not coming to annoy anybody and spam and rarely give my opinions on stuff regarding anything, but i needed to point something important in my opinion. Plus.. I'm not looking for approval from anybody and certainly my opinion will not change this state but this is a forum after all and commenting on stuff is the way this community works. Right?

well, but should understand you really sound ignorant because short songs have been accepted in punk and rock since the 70s. it's not a new thing

Old town road is so so amazing. totally deserves the points

32 minutes ago, Cheers said:

Right? We need Queen Taylor to deliver another masterpiece!

Michael196

I'm really hoping she's getting back to the original pattern and the whole cats thing doesn't interfere with it and push it until next year.. Because this time she will not be excused... :grump:

15 Sweet But Psycho       185  (+4)

And still stable on sales and streaming with Radio growing still :eek: and only 2 American TV performances to date :clap3:

Edited by Psycho

57 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

The meltdowns. ?

Wait, I did some reading and billboard removed it from the Country charts prior to Billy Ray's ( :deadbanana:) involvement> :biblio: Why? Cause he's a black artist and isn't allowed to experiment with genres? :biblio:

Welp, suddenly I don't mind this being #1. BB policing genres is stupid and problematic, hybrids exist - I bet a lot of country is pop leaning, too; so why can't a song have 808s AND a banjo? Tf

Omg, 915 points!!!

I think I’ve never ever seen this prediction points like that before, I think neither  Adele’s “Hello” had those prediction points on its first week, right @simmnfierzig?

Edited by Capruni

10 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Wait, I did some reading and billboard removed it from the Country charts prior to Billy Ray's ( :deadbanana:) involvement> :biblio: Why? Cause he's a black artist and isn't allowed to experiment with genres? :biblio:

Welp, suddenly I don't mind this being #1. BB policing genres is stupid and problematic, hybrids exist - I bet a lot of country is pop leaning, too; so why can't a song have 808s AND a banjo? Tf

Cough * Meant To Be *Cough

22 minutes ago, Mr.Fenty said:

well, but should understand you really sound ignorant because short songs have been accepted in punk and rock since the 70s. it's not a new thing

Not with this uncomparable non-existent effort.

14 minutes ago, Jaf207 said:

The meltdowns. ?

I came to make points love. Take several seats.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.