• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kevin2803

• Brandon

• Remmy

• TheWayWeWere

25th~ Albums: Of course the album you missed is one of my 2018 faves :-* But wow I'm surprised you can like this but not Every Open Eye, which is also very pop? Haven't seen Sierra Burgess but I listened to the soundtrack real quicK after seeing who was on it. There's a little too much Leland ("Lights" is his only big bop) but the rest is pretty nice. Singular Act 1 :eddie: Bloom :worship:
Songs: Want To ain't it :thing: | Artists: Queen era Nicki :michael: Jess :) Janelle :smitten: pre-Queen Nicki :katie2:

26th~ Albums: Speaking of Jess and Nicki, here they are... and both are too high as well :keir: PP3 OST is a cute one.
Songs: IDGAF has no business being top 25 dd. Meanwhile, Electricity definitely does :flame: Kream ayyy :sats:
Artists: Shawn's latest album is his best yet so slay

Agree with what you wrote about Shawn, some people around here are a bit disgusting :biblio:

IDGAF was a nice follow up for new rules, but something a little bit more upbeat or dance would've been better imo, maybe if One kiss was released earlier...

Kream, Love Wins and Electricity are amazing :heart2: 

I won't post an update tonight. I'm sick, tired and have a headache. I will post 10 songs, albums and artists tomorrow instead.

Hi sweetie! :party: 

I made a catch-up on your list and great list so far! :flower: 

Yas, thanks for giving Shawn the recognition he deserves! :party: 

Electricity >> IDGAF, and that's a universal opinion :eli: 

Kream and Love Wins! :jamming: 

Albums

20. Cast Of "Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again" - Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

Bildergebnis für Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

Peak: #1

Weeks: 9

To be honest, i liked the first one, even tho it wasn't really a personal favorite of mine, but i saw the trailer for the second one and was interested enough to watch it at the cinema. And i fell in love with it. It's such an amazing, emotional feel-good movie and the soundtrack is great. The musical numbers are also much better in the second part. Lily James has such a great presence and is an amazing singer and actress. And legend Cher obviously did also well in the movie and was inspired enough by Abba to bless us with her "Dancing Queen" album.

19. Rita Ora - Phoenix

Bildergebnis für rita ora phoenix deezer

Week: 1

This would easily be in the top 5 or top 3 if it wasn't released so late in November. Still impressive that the album made it into the top 20 in such a short time, but talent always wins on my charts. This is one of the best pop albums of the year and i'm mad that it didn't had more commercial success. People have to stop sleeping on this talented mogul. Atleast her singles do well in Europe.

18. Shawn Mendes - Shawn Mendes

Bildergebnis für shawn mendes deezer

Weeks: 13

I wasn't in love with "In My Blood" and "Lost in Japan" in the beginning, so i didn't expect that much from the album, but i was really surprised in the end. It's a more mature, in some parts even more sexy sound for him, which suits him very well. And "In My Blood" also grew on me later, because there was a time this year when i could really relate to the lyrics.

17. Madison Beer - As She Pleases

Bildergebnis für Madison Beer - As She Pleases

Peak: #2

Weeks: 16

Madison is easily one of the most beautiful women in the music industry, but i wouldn't have called her one of the most talented until she surprised me with this EP. A lot of artists, even some of the successful ones, sometimes struggle to find their sound, but with Madison and this EP it feels like she already found it. It suits her perfectly and she also got much stronger vocally.

16. Janelle Monáe - Dirty Computer

Bildergebnis für janelle monae dirty computer

I really hope this album wins at the Grammys next year. There also other albums nominated that i liked and were even more successful on my countdown, but she just feels like the right winner to me. Janelle experimented with so many different sounds on this album, which could've ended in a total mess, but it works perfectly and she delivered on of the strongest records of the year. Prince would've been proud. And this is probably also one of my favorite album covers of the year.

15. Years & Years - Palo Santo

Bildergebnis für years & years palo santo

Like "Sanctify" and "If You're Over Me", this album needed a little time to grow on me. At first, i even was kinda disappointed, because i felt like this didn't come close to their perfect debut album, but after some time, the album grew so much on me. Sure, it has his weak spots, but "Up in Flames" alone is a career highlight. "Hallelujah", "Don't Panic" or the title track are also amazing pop tracks.

14. David Guetta - 7

Bildergebnis für David Guetta - 7

Weeks: 10

It was about time that David finally delivered a good dance album again. "Listen" was fine, i guess, but it didn't had tracks that really stuck with me. But "7" has some of his best songs since "Nothing But The Beat". Some of the tracks maybe a bit generic and almost nothing is as good as "Turn Me On" or "Night Of Your Life", but songs like "Say My Name" or "Let It Be Me" are catchy af. The album highlight is definitely "Blame It On Love" with Madison Beer.

13. Various Artists - Eurovision Song Contest Lisbon 2018

Bildergebnis für Eurovision Song Contest Lisbon 2018

I love the Eurovision Song Contest. Every year, i watch it with one of my best friends and we always have this chart where we give our points to every country and it's always so much fun. This year had also some of the best music in years, like "Fuego" by Eleni Foureira. Jessica Mauboy, Mikolas Josef or Benjamin Ingrosso also had some strong tracks. And Germany atleast made top 5 again, after being such a flop in the last couple of years.

12. Anne-Marie - Speak Your Mind

Bildergebnis für Anne-Marie speak your mind

Weeks: 17

The first time i've heard from Anne-Marie was when i read her name on the german charts. But i ignored her for a while, because i thought she was some local singer. Now, she is one of the biggest newcomer of 2018. Her debut album is far from the perfect, like the song with the same title for example, but it has some great bops. It's just kinda sad that songs like "2002" (i like it tho) or "Perfect To Me" become singles, while amazing tracks like "Then" or "Trigger" either flop or won't even get released as a single.

11. Little Mix - LM5

Bildergebnis für little mix lm5

Weeks: 2

Another album that would be in the top 5, if it wouldn't have been released so late. The same happened with their last album "Glory Days", which also was released in November. The best girl group in the world deliver a compilation of smash hits again and sound more grown than ever before. I couldn't even choose a favorite, because i love almost every song. But "Wasabi" is probably one of the biggest bops.

Singles

20. Tinashe, Ty Dolla $ign & French Montana - Me So Bad

Bildergebnis für Tinashe, Ty Dolla $ign & French Montana - Me So Bad

Weeks: 12

The Tinashe curse sadly didn't end in 2018 and she continued to flop into oblivion, but she had an amazing year in my charts. Even this generic song became a number #1 hit, that's how obessed i was with her music this year.

19. Janelle Monáe - Make Me Feel

Bildergebnis für Janelle Monáe - Make Me Feel

Peak: #4

Weeks: 15

Grammy-nominated singer Janelle Monáe blessed us with one of the best albums of 2018, which included this Prince-inspired bop. The sexy funk song "Make Me Feel" sounds like a massive smash and will definitely get your hips moving, no matter if you want to or not.

18. Ariana Grande - no tears left to cry

Bildergebnis für Ariana Grande - no tears left to cry

Ariana's comeback single just makes you feel so many emotions at the same time. Within the first seconds, you're already blown away by her vocals and expect a pure, flawless pop song and then you hear the UK garage influences and you're like ":eek:". It's also a very emotional song, if you think about the Manchester attacks, so this could totally happen: ":cries:". If you also watch the flawless music video at the same time, you will just be like "?". So, what i wanted to say: This is one of the best pop songs of 2018.

17. Martin Jensen & Olivia Holt - 16 Steps

Bildergebnis für martin jensen olivia holt 16 steps

Olivia is not only the star of the new superhero show "Cloak & Dagger", she also delivered two of the biggest bops of 2018. It's like Olivia was made for dance tracks. She just sounds so good on them.

16. Jax Jones, Mabel & Rich The Kid - Ring Ring

Bildergebnis für Jax Jones, Mabel & Rich The Kid - Ring Ring

Peak: #3

DJ's had a really successful year. Especially Jax Jones delivers one smash after another and this track is his best one yet. One reason for it is probably newcomer Mabel, who contribute to this track with her amazing vocals. Another reason is the fun 80's inspired music video. Mix all this with Jax' flawless production and the result is this massive bop.

15. R3hab, Thrdl!fe & Olivia Holt - Wrong Move

Bildergebnis für R3hab  Wrong Move

Peak: #5

Olivia Holt not only has one, but two of the biggest hits of 2018 on my countdown. Not every pop girl has that. Another dance track with flawless production and her amazing vocals. I can't wait to hear what she has to offer next.

14. Julia Michaels & Trippie Red - Jump

Bildergebnis für Julia Michaels & Trippie Redd - Jump

Julia was one of the most promising new artists last year and is sadly only a one-hit-wonder now. I blame "Uh Huh" for that. It just wasn't the right follow-up single. Everything what came after that song was so much better, like this chill and sexy tune.

13. Jennifer Lopez, Cardi B & DJ Khaled - Dinero

Bildergebnis für jennifer lopez dinero

Weeks: 14

I expected this to be a smash, but sadly, it didn't happen. I don't understand why, because it has a great music video, is catchy af and it has Cardi, who slayed her part, which even got me into her solo music. Well, atleast her new chick flick seem to become a moderate success.

12. Rita Ora - Let You Love Me

Bildergebnis für rita ora let you love me cover

Rita delivered some of the best pop songs of the year and this one definitely takes the crown. I get sick of a lot of pop songs very fast, but i still could listen to this one every day and i just don't get bored or sick of it. Rita really did THAT.

11. Louisa & 2 Chainz - Yes

Bildergebnis für  Louisa & 2 Chainz - Yes

Weeks: 11

X Factor winner Louisa skipped her BOMT and OIDIA era and jumped straight into her "Britney" era. This sexy bop even kinda reminds me of the earlier 2000 pop music. The music video was a little disappointing, but the song makes me feel like a bad bitch and i love it.

Artists

20. Iggy Azalea

Bildergebnis für Iggy azalea

You probably already sick of me saying how unfair it is that she's getting so much hate. She delivered some of her best songs this year, but had barely any success. Ugh, i hate people. People are stupid. She deserves much more. "Savior" and "Kream" both peaked within my top 5, exactly like her EP "Survive the Summer". Now, that she has this new deal, i really hope that 2019 will be her year.

19. Clean Bandit

Bildergebnis für clean bandit

Their second album "What is Love?" disappointed me a little, but they always good for a smash single. "Solo" is one of the biggest number #1 hits on my countdown this year and "Baby" with Marina also made it into my top 30. Even tho it's not my favorite, their album still peaked at number #4 in December and is currently still charting.

18. Years & Years

Bildergebnis für Years & Years

To my surprise, this is the first time that Years & Years made it into the year-end artists countdown. Even tho i kinda prefer their first album, "Salo Panto" feels like the bigger era in my charts. The album peaked at #2 and charted for 16 weeks, while the singles "Sanctify" and "All For You" climbed into the top 20.

17. Rita Ora

Bildergebnis für rita ora 2018

Rita Ora can be proud.m4a of herself. After years of push-backs, she finally released her second studio album "Phoenix" and it's one of the best pop albums of the year. Even tho, it wasn't the big commercial success some people expected, she still had a great year. Her singles "Let You Love Me" and "For You" smashed in Europe and both reached number #1 on my weekly countdown.

16. Anne-Marie

Bildergebnis für Anne-Marie

Newcomer Anne-Marie had also a successful year. With "Friends", she had her own "New Rules" moment and singles like "2002" smashed in the UK. The Marshmello collaboration climbed to number #1 on my countdown, while the Ed Sheeran-penned throwback track made it into my top 20. Her debut album peaked at number #2 and she also had some successful collaborations with Rudimental and David Guetta.

15. Jennifer Lopez

Bildergebnis für jennifer lopez 2018

Ageless beauty queen Jennifer Lopez slays in spanish lately, but still released some english bops in 2018. Bops like "Us" or the cute soundtrack song "Limitless" were ignored by the GP, but charted on my weekly countdown. Her biggest song of the year is probably the spanglish smash "Dinero" with Cardi, which atleast peaked with the Billboard Top 100 and made it to number #2 on my personal countdown.

14. Taylor Swift

Bildergebnis für taylor swift 2018

Besides getting people to vote, Taylor Swift also went on Tour and released some singles from her latest album "Reputation". While people are still waiting for the music video to "Getaway Car", i still hope that she will release "I Did Something Bad", the biggest bop of the album. Atleast she slayed the performance at the American Music Awards. Technically, "Reputation" was released in late 2017, but it still became one of the biggest albums in 2018 and charted for 22 weeks.

13. David Guetta

Bildergebnis für david guetta 2018

David kinda managed to get hotter over time, atleast for someone with daddy issues like me. He also released some of his best songs in years on his latest album "7", which peaked at number #2. His collaborations with Anne-Marie and Jason Derülo became top 20 hits on my charts, while "Say My Name" and "Flames" made it into my top 30.

12. Lady GaGa

Bildergebnis für lady gaga 2018

If someone, back in 2008, would've said to me that Lady Gaga would maybe win an Oscar in 2019, i would've laughed, but here we are. "A Star is Born" is a great movie and showcaes her talent as an singer and as an actress. The number #1 soundtrack also has some of her best tracks in years, including the best ballads of her career. I never was a fan of her ballads, but she snapped on the soundtrack. I'm finally excited again for a new solo album.

11. Madison Beer

Bildergebnis für madison beer 2018

Madison had a great year. Even tho she didn't had a big smash hit yet, she slowly starts to get the recognition she deserves. "As She Pleases" is an amazing EP that showcases her musical growth. "Say It To My Face" and "Hurts Like Hell" both became number #1 hits on my weekly countdown and i can't wait for more music from her in 2019.

REPLIES

On 12/26/2018 at 1:23 PM, Lazuli said:

Queen, IDGAF, Electricity :flame: 

:flame:

On 12/26/2018 at 1:52 PM, kelly-clarkson said:

Love Wins and IDGAF :clap3:

I love Delta but I didn't like Think About You :noparty:

Too bad, it's a bop :) 

On 12/26/2018 at 1:59 PM, Heartsigh said:

Sabrina, nicki & Troye ?

Talent :clap3:

On 12/26/2018 at 2:35 PM, Kiss It Better said:

Electricity, IDGAF, Kream :clap3:

i'm surprised too Electricity tanked, but at least it has a big chance on winning a Grammy thanks to Mark and Diplo

Is she nominated? I somehow missed this.

On 12/26/2018 at 2:37 PM, theblackestday said:

IDGAF is an underrated bop tbh :clap3: 

:clap3:

On 12/26/2018 at 4:05 PM, Legend E said:

Love Wins, IDGAF :heart2: 

:heart2:

On 12/26/2018 at 7:26 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

omg, Electricity almost in top 20 :alexz: 

wait, I kinda forgot about Think About You :jonny4: the best Delta song in YEARS, still can't believe she not released album this year

Well, she did. Just not the kind of album i wanted from her :eli: I don't know why australian music labels are so obsessed with cover albums.

On 12/26/2018 at 9:50 PM, Green said:

Kream, Electricity, IDGAF, Queen  :clap3: 

Shawn :-*  I liked some songs of his last album

Not surprised, because it's a good album :) 

On 12/26/2018 at 9:56 PM, potent said:

Electricity is a bop, it really grew on me :jamming: Love Wins is good too, although it’s kinda bland and forgettable tbh

A bop :jamming:

On 12/26/2018 at 9:58 PM, JGibson said:

Love Wins :worship:

:worship:

On 12/26/2018 at 11:24 PM, Remmy said:

25th~ Albums: Of course the album you missed is one of my 2018 faves :-* But wow I'm surprised you can like this but not Every Open Eye, which is also very pop? Haven't seen Sierra Burgess but I listened to the soundtrack real quicK after seeing who was on it. There's a little too much Leland ("Lights" is his only big bop) but the rest is pretty nice. Singular Act 1 :eddie: Bloom :worship:
Songs: Want To ain't it :thing: | Artists: Queen era Nicki :michael: Jess :) Janelle :smitten: pre-Queen Nicki :katie2:

26th~ Albums: Speaking of Jess and Nicki, here they are... and both are too high as well :keir: PP3 OST is a cute one.
Songs: IDGAF has no business being top 25 dd. Meanwhile, Electricity definitely does :flame: Kream ayyy :sats:
Artists: Shawn's latest album is his best yet so slay

To be honest, i don't remember Every Open Eye that well. :eddie:

On 12/27/2018 at 1:04 AM, Mr. Loco said:

Agree with what you wrote about Shawn, some people around here are a bit disgusting :biblio:

IDGAF was a nice follow up for new rules, but something a little bit more upbeat or dance would've been better imo, maybe if One kiss was released earlier...

Sad, but true :biblio:

On 12/27/2018 at 2:23 PM, Superpower said:

Kream, Love Wins and Electricity are amazing :heart2: 

I agree, obviously :heart2:

20 hours ago, Dom said:

KREAM IS SUCH A BOP, IGGY SNAPPED.

Electricity is best DUA song this year, hands down .Daddy Mark did that.

DON'T YELL AT ME, BUT YOU'RE RIGHT :) 

18 hours ago, TayRianaPH said:

Hi sweetie! :party: 

I made a catch-up on your list and great list so far! :flower: 

Yas, thanks for giving Shawn the recognition he deserves! :party: 

Electricity >> IDGAF, and that's a universal opinion :eli: 

Kream and Love Wins! :jamming: 

Thank you. I will catch up on your list soon. :flower:

Edited by Kevin2803

yaaas LYLM almost top 10 :jonny4: 

and Jump so high on someone;s countdown :jonny5: should've been a hit for ha

MMF and NTLTC :smitten: one of my favorite leads this year :jonny: 

Phoenix and Dirty Computer :alexz:   TASTE

Make Me Feel ❤️ 

Gaga + TayTay :party:

• ATRL Moderator

Mama Mia deserved more!! 

Albums: Shawn Mendes :heart2: Dirty Computer :worship2: I love the directions they both went in!
Singles: Me So Bad being this high :oh: no tears left to cry :jamming: Make Me Feel :worship:
Artists: Rita :smiley: JLo (mainly just care for her hits) :eddie: Iggy :alexz3: My two faves, Taylor + Gaga :alexz:

Dirty Computer, Shawn Mendes  :clap3: 

Make me feel, no tears left to cry :heart2:, Let You Love Me, Dinero  :jamming:

Let You Love Me and Make Me Feel are great pop songs :clap3:

Dirty Computer in the albums too :clap3: I've yet to listen to Phoenix though!

Dirty Computer deserves higher :chick3:

Make Me Feel and Me So Bad :clap3:

Reputation had still potential for a couple singles more, but I don't think it's happening anymore ?

Ariana saved pop this year with NTLTC tbh :alexz:

Let's find out who's the number #1 of 2018 ...

But don't think this countdown is finished after that. :) Here is a list of what will follow in the next couple of days:

- Special categories & Crownnote 2018 Countown: Tomorrow, December 30th

- Top 50 TV Shows of 2018: Starts Tuesday, January 2nd

- Top 30 Movies (Streaming/DVD): Starts Sunday, January 6th

- Top 21 Movies (Cinema): Starts Tuesday, January 8th

Albums

10. Taylor Swift - reputation

Bildergebnis für taylor swift reputation

Weeks: 22

Technically, this album was released in late 2017, but it's Taylor Swift, so of course she continued to dominate the charts in 2018. Not everyone was a fan of this album, but i think it's her best work yet. It has exactly the kind of dark pop i like. I'm just still mad that she didn't release "I Did Something Bad" as a single. It's a smash waiting to happen.

9. Various Artists - Fifty Shades Freed (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

Bildergebnis für Various Artists - Fifty Shades Freed (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

Weeks: 7

The movies are nothing more than entertaining trash, but the music is amazing. The team, who put this soundtrack together, obviously thought "We give the gays everything they want" and gave us bops by artists like Dua Lipa, Rita Ora, Hailee Steinfeld, Julia Michaels and much more. It's the best and most cohesive soundtrack yet. It has also a few great songs by more unknown artists, like Sabrina Claudio, Kiana Ledé or Black Atlass. His song "Sacrifice" with Jessie Reyez is my personal favorite.

8. Lady GaGa & Bradley Cooper - A Star is Born Soundtrack

Bildergebnis für Lady GaGa & Bradley Cooper - A Star is Born Soundtrack

Weeks: 8

But the biggest soundtrack of the year is obviously this one. The movie is already a critics and fan favorite and is about to snatch some big awards next year, but it's the music that really makes the movie something special. Lady GaGa delivers some of her best music in years and Bradley Cooper also sounds better than i expected. From bops like "Heal Me" to big ballads like "I'll Never Love Again" - this soundtrack is full of smash hits.

7. Christina Aguilera - Liberation

Bildergebnis für Christina Aguilera - Liberation

After promising her fans new music for almost six years, she finally delivered and it would say it was worth the wait. After all this years, she could've played it safe like she did on "Lotus" and put out some generic pop songs again, but instead she experimented with some different music styles and put out an album that sounds like nothing she has ever done before. That didn't really gave her much commercial success, but critics loved it and she's also nominated for two grammys.

6. Dua Lipa - Dua Lipa (Complete Edition)

Bildergebnis für dua lipa complete edition deezer

Weeks: 27

My number #1 of 2017 made the top 10 this year again, thanks to a Complete Edition. It's one of the best pop albums i've ever heard and easily the best debut album ever. There is literally not one bad song. The Complete Edition finally gave us the holy bop "Want To", one of the best songs in her discography and also the fun collaboration "Kiss and Make Up" with KPOP-band Blackpink. It's also the longest charting album of 2018. Dua did THAT.

5. Carrie Underwood - Cry Pretty

Bildergebnis für carrie underwood - cry pretty

I always loved Carrie's music and her voice and she also had quite some success on my charts, but "Cry Pretty" is her biggest album yet. With this album, Carrie played with some pop and r&b influences, but didn't forget her roots and delivered a modern country album. Lyrically, she tackles some personal and also important issues. It's probably the most mature album Carrie has ever released.

4. Bebe Rexha - Expectations

Bildergebnis für bebe rexha expectations deezer

Since she released "I Can't Stop Drinking About You" back in 2014, i'm a big fan of her music and always hoped for her big break. Bebe seems so be such a sweet person, who worked hard to get her and got screwed over so many times during her career. So, i'm happy that she found some success and had one of the biggest US hits of the year and finally put out an album. She deserves everything. Even tho i often prefer her earlier stuff, this album is full of great pop songs.

3. Camila Cabello - Camila

Bildergebnis für camila cabello camila deezer

Camila gets so much unnecessary hate, that i'm glad that she slayed the game this year and proved all of her haters wrong. This is one of the strongest debut albums in recent years and showcases her talent as an songwriter and artist. To be honest, i'm kinda surprised that this album didn't snatch the number #1 on my countdown, but atleast it had the biggest debut week of 2018.

2. Tinashe - Joyride

Bildergebnis für tinashe joyride

Weeks: 22

Tinashe fans, all 5.000 of them, have been waiting for this album for years and a lot of them were disappointed when it came out, but not me. It's an unpopular opinion, but i prefer this album over "Aquarius". It just has less fillers for me and is a great pop/r&b album overall. It's the second longest charting album of the year (with reputation) and the longest charting album, if you only count albums that were released in 2018.

1. Ariana Grande - Sweetener

Bildergebnis für ariana grande sweetener

2018 was the biggest year of her career and it's what she deserves. I didn't instantly love "Sweetener", but it slowly became one of my my favorite albums of her. I could do without the first two and the last two tracks, but everything in between is a perfect mix of pop and r&b. Even "the light is coming", her probably most hated song, is a infectious bop. I can't believe that we maybe already get another album next month.

Singles

10. Tinashe & Future - Faded Love

Bildergebnis für Tinashe & Future - Faded Love

Tinashe flopped hard this year, but that didn't stop her from releasing some of her best songs of her career. "Faded Love" has everything a smash hit needs. It's a sensual electro r&b banger that maybe shouldn't have been released this early, because it belongs into the warmer months of the year. Every time i listen to this song, it literally takes me back to the summer.

9. Eleni Foureira - Fuego

Bildergebnis für Eleni Foureira - Fuego

This song is literally "fuego". Queen Eleni was robbed an this year's Eurovision Song Contest. This is the best song the contest had in years and her performance was full of energy.

8. Christina Aguilera & Demi Lovato - Fall in Line

Bildergebnis für Christina Aguilera  Fall in Line

When two of the biggest vocalists of the generation come together, the song can only be amazing. I always get chills when the their voices explodes in the last chorus. Sure, it's probably not the best song on "Liberation", but vocally, it's a masterpiece.

7. Tinashe & Offset - No Drama

Bildergebnis für tinashe no drama deezer

I really expected this to be her big comeback hit, but the GP is just not her for here. I hope she accepts that and doesn't let that demotivate her, because i want more powerful and catchy bops like this from her. And who knows, maybe a miracle will happen and she will get another smash some day.

6. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same

Bildergebnis für Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same

Weeks: 19

People on ATRL always try to undermine her success, especially with this song, but it doesn't matter, because in the end she has the last laugh. You have to be delusional, if you think a Billboard top 10 hit, which is now one of the 20 biggest US hits of 2018, is a flop. But whatever, the follow-up to "Havana" is a big, infectious midtempo track that showcases her amazing vocal range. It's also the longest charting single on my countdown.

5. Bebe Rexha - I'm a Mess

Bildergebnis für Bebe Rexha - I'm a Mess

The award for the most relatable lyrics of 2018 go to this amazing pop song. I'm definitely a mess sometimes, so this song is perfect for me. It's also one of the catchiest songs of the year. Once you listened to it, you can't get it out of your head anymore. And the song also has one of the best music videos of the year.

4. Clean Bandit & Demi Lovato - Solo

Bildergebnis für Clean Bandit & Demi Lovato - Solo

Is "Solo" one of the most generic dance songs of 2018? Well, maybe. But is it also one the biggest bops of 2018? Hell, yeah. Demi did THAT.

3. Little Mix & Nicki Minaj - Woman Like Me

Bildergebnis für Little Mix & Nicki Minaj - Woman Like Me deezer

Weeks: 7

Little Mix aka the most talented girl group in the world finally released their fifth album this year and their sound is finally all grown up. The reggae-influenced pop song "Woman Like Me" is the strongest lead single they released since "Move". Their harmonies are on point like always and they just sound so sexy and confident. Nicki's part is also nice and fits perfectly. It's the longest running number #1 of 2018 with six weeks at the top.

2. Ariana Grande - God is a woman

Bildergebnis für Ariana Grande - God is a woman

"no tears left to cry" was an amazing lead single, but she even topped it with this amazing bop. It's a strong, feminist and sexy pop banger with an amazing music video. The controversies over the lyrics and the video even made me love the song more.

1. Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love

Bildergebnis für Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love

Sabrina was the biggest surprise of 2018 for me. I always liked some songs of her, but she never slayed me like this. It's another song this year that reminds me of the pop girls of the early 2000s and i love it. I didn't really expect it to be number #1 on this countdown, but it's what she deserves. The song, the visuals - i just love everything about this song.

Artists

10. Britney Spears

Bildergebnis für Britney Spears 2018

Besides her concerts and instagram postings, Britney didn't do much this year. But it's Britney ****ing Spears, so she doesn't have to. Her big music catalog of smash hits is more than enough for a spot in the top 10.

9. Sabrina Carpenter

Bildergebnis für sabrina carpenter 2018

A number #1 smash hit, a successful EP - Sabrina really had a good year on my 2018 countdown. And it looks like it will continue in 2019, if Singular Act II is as good as the first part. In 2018, her singles "Almost Love", "Sue Me" and "Paris" became top 20 hits in my charts, with the first one being my most played song of 2018. "Alien" with Jonas Blue also became a cute top 15 hit.

8. Dua Lipa

Bildergebnis für Dua Lipa 2018

My biggest artist of 2017 has another successful year to look back at. None of her songs in 2018 was such a smash like "New Rules", but "IDGAF", "Electricity" and "Want To" became cute top 10 hits, with the latter even debuting at #1. With the release of the Complete Edition, her debut album "Dua Lipa" also climbed back to number #1.

7. Christina Aguilera

Bildergebnis für christina aguilera 2018

Christina finally stopped eating Oreos for money and returned to the music scene with "Liberation". The critical acclaimed album didn't have much commerical success, but she had a successful tour and two of her songs were nominated for a Grammy. The album and the lead single "Fall in Line" both hit number #1 on my charts, while other songs like "Accelerate", "Twice" and "Like I Do" all charted within the top 40.

6. Carrie Underwood

Bildergebnis für carrie underwood 2018

After having a horrible accident and some other tragic life events happening, she returned to music stronger than ever and released her best album yet. "Cry Pretty" and the single "Love Wins" both peaked at number #1 on my charts, while the singles "Cry Pretty" and "The Champion" with Ludacris became top 5 hits. The promotional single "End Up With You" also charted within the top 25.

5. Little Mix

Bildergebnis für little mix 2018

Little Mix managed to stay in the artists top 5 for four years in a row and there's a reason for it called "Talent". Their latest album "LM5" proved again how talented these four girls are and it's their most mature album yet. It obviously debuted at number #1 and it's still there at the moment. "Woman Like Me" is also my longest running number #1 of 2018, while "Joan of Arc" and "Strip" peaked within the top 5.

4. Bebe Rexha

Bildergebnis für bebe rexha 2018

2018 was one of the most successful years for hitmaker Bebe Rexha. Her country collaboration "Meant To Be" is one of the biggest US hits of 2018 and her debut album "Expectations" has already a gold certification. On my charts, her single "I'm a Mess" became a number #1 hit, her debut album also peaked at #1 and her promotional singles "Ferrari" and "2 Souls on Fire" both charted within the top 20.

3. Camila Cabello

Bildergebnis für camila cabello 2018

Like i already said, some users on ATRL always try to undermine her success, but she remains unbothered. "Havana" and "Never Be The Same" are two of the biggest US hits of 2018, even tho they were released in 2017. When will your fave? And before someone screams "Payola", who tf cares? It's just a new form of promotion, so get used to it. "Camila" had the biggest debut week of 2018 on my charts, while "Never Be The Same" became a number #1 hit and was the longest charting song of 2018. Her singles "Real Friends" and "Sangria Wine" also became top 5 hits and her latest single "Consequences" peaked at #12.

2. Ariana Grande

Bildergebnis für ariana grande 2018

2018 really was Ariana's year. She slayed with every release and if she already wasn't before, she is without a doubt a main pop girl now. "God is a woman", "no tears left to cry" and "thank u, next" went all to number #1 on my weekly countdown and her album "Sweetener" obviously did the same. Even the hated "The light is coming" became a top 5 hit on my charts and her new single "Imagine" just climbed into my top 15.

1. Tinashe

Bildergebnis für tinashe

Her curse is finally broken. Well, atleast on my charts, now the GP only has to catch on. Because they are still not here for her, which should be punished as a crime. I mean, she even barely made it into the top 10 on "Dancing With the Stars". Let that sink in for a minute. Tinashe, one of the best dancers in the music scene at the moment, was already elminiated after a few weeks. Her singles "No Drama", "Faded Love" and even "Me So Bad" became number #1 hits on my countdown and Joyride also peaked at #1. Her standalone singles "Throw a Fit" and "Like I Used To" also peaked within the top 20. Now, she only needs a song that the GP also likes.

Sadly, the video quality isn't that good, but here is a recap of all 100 Singles as video:

REPLIES

On 12/28/2018 at 5:40 PM, Brandon said:

NTLTC & Let You Love Me :katie2:

Clean Bandit, Taylor & GaGa :jamming:

:katie2:

23 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

yaaas LYLM almost top 10 :jonny4: 

and Jump so high on someone;s countdown :jonny5: should've been a hit for ha

MMF and NTLTC :smitten: one of my favorite leads this year :jonny:

Phoenix and Dirty Computer :alexz:  TASTE

She's so underrated :jonny5:

22 hours ago, JGibson said:

Make Me Feel ❤️ 

Gaga + TayTay :party:

22 hours ago, madonnas said:

Mama Mia deserved more!! 

I think, top 20 is pretty good for a soundtrack, but okay :) 

20 hours ago, Remmy said:

Albums: Shawn Mendes :heart2: Dirty Computer :worship2: I love the directions they both went in!
Singles: Me So Bad being this high :oh: no tears left to cry :jamming: Make Me Feel :worship:
Artists: Rita :smiley: JLo (mainly just care for her hits) :eddie: Iggy :alexz3: My two faves, Taylor + Gaga :alexz:

It's generic, but still a bop :oh:

19 hours ago, Legend E said:

Yes, Jump ❤️ 

16 hours ago, Green said:

Dirty Computer, Shawn Mendes  :clap3: 

Make me feel, no tears left to cry :heart2:, Let You Love Me, Dinero  :jamming:

I only see talent here :clap3:

16 hours ago, potent said:

Let You Love Me and Make Me Feel are great pop songs :clap3:

Dirty Computer in the albums too :clap3: I've yet to listen to Phoenix though!

Do it. I just listen to it right now again. :) 

15 hours ago, Kiss It Better said:

Dirty Computer deserves higher :chick3:

Make Me Feel and Me So Bad :clap3:

Well, maybe it wins a Grammy as a consolation prize :fan:

14 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

Reputation had still potential for a couple singles more, but I don't think it's happening anymore ?

Ariana saved pop this year with NTLTC tbh :alexz:

You're probably right ? 

10 hours ago, -mUsIcLoVeR- said:

Dirty Computer :heart2: 

Edited by Kevin2803

Sweetener :clap3: A quality pop album,

The Nicotine Heroin Morphine singer might have snapped on a couple of tracks.

And it's a 10/10 for everything as expected!!! Sweetener, Fuego, I'm A Mess...ALmost Love being #1 :flame: A huge year indeed...can't wait for the one to come!

Solo + Fall In Line :party:

Carrie + Christina :clap3:

Reputation making top 10 :alexz: 

ASIB was such a nice surprise :'( 

Liberation :clap3: another surprisingly great record

Camila in top 3 :eek: 

Joyride is too high :skull: 

Sweetener :alexz2:

Faded Love and No Drama slaying top 10 :jonny4: YAAAAAAS

FIL is tiring for me, but I like it :eli: 

GIAW and NBTS are one the best pop tracks this year :clap3: 

Out of the top 10 singles I like the two with Demi :eli:

I haven't listened to Tinashe this year though so I should give her a try.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.