Top Posters In This Topic

• Kevin2803

• Brandon

• Remmy

• TheWayWeWere

• ATRL Moderator

2002 & Loyal To Me are bops :katie2:

2002 :)

Jonas Blue released a couple bops this year!

Finally someone that shows love to Kiana Ledé and Bed ❤️ 

All of the songs :flame: 

We are getting closer and closer to the Top 50 ...

Albums

60. G-Eazy - The Beautiful & Damned

Bildergebnis für g-eazy the beautiful & damned

Peak: #2
Weeks: 5

I'm not the biggest fan of male rappers and i usually don't listen to full albums of them, but for some reason, i like G-Eazy and his songs. But of course, my favorite songs are the collaborations with female singers, like "Him & I".

59. Charlie Puth - Voicenotes

Bildergebnis für Charlie Puth - Voicenotes

Peak: #4
Weeks: 4

All the singles from this album, like "Attention" and "Done For Me", are bops, but that's kinda it. I liked it overall, but it isn't a really memorable album.

58. Clean Bandit - What is Love?

download.jpg

Peak: -
Weeks: -

"What is Love?" is another album that only charted this month, but still made the countdown. This album is so full of smash hits, you could almost call it a Best Of album. The new songs are also nice, but i expected a little bit more from some collaborations.

57. Why Don't We - 8 Letters 

Bildergebnis für Why Don't We - 8 Letters 

One of my best friends played "Talk" for me once and i kinda liked it, but it was the title track "8 Letters" that really made me a little fan. The other songs from this mini album are also kinda cute, especially "Falling", which should've also been a single.

56. Pia Mia - The Gift 2 - EP

Bildergebnis für Pia Mia - The Gift 2 - EP

Underrated pop singer Pia Mia finally released her second EP. To be honest, the EP is missing a major bop like "Do It Again" or "Touch", but the songs are still very strong.

Singles

60. Anne-Marie - Then 

Bildergebnis für Anne-Marie - Then

Peak: #1
Weeks: 7

It's a shame that this song flopped so hard, because it's one of her best singles, if not even THE best. 

59. Shawn Mendes - Nervous 

Bildergebnis für Shawn Mendes - Nervous 

Peak: #6
Weeks: 10

This song could easily described as Bad Liar's little brother. It shows a very different, more sexy side from Shawn Mendes and i'm totally here for it.

58. Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj - the light is coming

Bildergebnis für Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj - the light is coming

Peak: #5
Weeks: 6

The first time i heard this song, i was thinking "What the fork is this?", but soon after it grew on me a lot. Still far from being her best song, but it's extremely catchy.

57. Jessie Reyez, Normani & Kehlani - Body Count (Remix) 

Bildergebnis für Jessie Reyez, Normani & Kehlani - Body Count (Remix) 

Peak: #3

Like i already said, there isn't a bad collaboration that has Kehlani on it. I don't even like Jessie's voice very much, but the parts of Kehlani and Normani make the song really great.

56. Steve Aoki & Lauren Jauregui - All Night

Bildergebnis für Steve Aoki & Lauren Jauregui - All Night

Weeks: 12

The song was already released in 2017, but thanks to a remix single that was released this year, it still made the countdown and i wouldn't want to miss it. Lauren just sounds sooo good on it. I like "Expectations", but i would love to hear more music like this from her.

REPLIES

23 hours ago, prézli said:

2002 over Home with You? :biblio: Delete this list now.

tbh, i also prefer HMW, but 2002 has one or two more plays or whatever.

23 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Pop 2 is too low :'( 

Been There Done That is such a jam :smitten: 

HWY :clap3: 

2002 :alexz: we love pop anthems :alexz: 

True :smitten:

23 hours ago, Bxtch said:

Without Me and HMY deserve better :'( but glad to see them!

Been There Done That is such a cute bop

Loyal To Me :smitten: pop excellence 

Pop 2 :heart2: 

Nina did THAT :smitten:

22 hours ago, Tsareena said:

Kiana Lede's ep was just okay for me. didn't really standout much
Pop 2 is better that number 1 angel :mandown: 

home with you is such a bop
loyal to me :clap3: 

Well, let me think about it :mandown: no :eli:

21 hours ago, JGibson said:

2002 :party:

:party:

20 hours ago, Remmy said:

Bed is decent. Ariana's weakest 2018 single but possibly one of Nicki's bests.

Pop 2 is good :jamming: She needed to grow on me, and I still don't like 3 tracks tbh. "Almost everyone who likes Charli agrees that "Number One Angel" was much better," wait delete this the indie gorls are gonna get mad at you :jonny5: ATRL prefers Pop 2 but I definitely love N1A more

Let them :eli:

20 hours ago, potent said:

Bed and Dose are okay, but they got old way too fast.

Kinda true :'(

19 hours ago, kelly-clarkson said:

2002 & Loyal To Me are bops :katie2:

:katie2:

19 hours ago, rvx said:

In My Mind :party:

18 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

2002 :)

Jonas Blue released a couple bops this year!

Definitely :) 

10 hours ago, Monky_2405 said:

Finally someone that shows love to Kiana Ledé and Bed ❤️ 

All of the songs :flame: 

Well, you should know by now that my taste is amazing :fan:

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

2002 is cute :biggrin:

You're not wrong :oh:

56. Pia Mia - The Gift 2 - EP

Ugh she's truly so underrated :jonny: I've been rooting for Pia since I discovered her with Red Love years ago :'( 

• ATRL Moderator

omg Then is Anne-Marie's best song. I wish she had more songs like this :jonny5:

Voicenotes and All Night :clap3: 

Nervous is a SM highlight :heart2: I wish I could say the darkness is coming grew on me, I really do! But it just hasn't :)

Ariana and Shawn :)

You are right. I already know your taste is amazing and this last update serves as confirmation :clap3: 

I actually like The Light Is Coming.

Body Count remix was cute

iVtTRWP.gif

This will be the last countdown until saturday ...

Albums

55. Namika - Que Walou

que-walou-244031797.jpg

After her smash hit "Je ne parle pas français", german singer Namika released her second album and it's very cute. There are a few bops on here.

54. Various Artists - Love, Simon (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

Bildergebnis für Various Artists - Love, Simon (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) 

"Love, Simon" was a very cute movie and you could say the same thing about the Soundtrack. Not every song on this album is my cup of tea, but "Love Lies" is ****ing great and the main reason why the album is here.

53. Niykee Heaton - Starting Over - EP

Bildergebnis für Niykee Heaton - Starting Over - EP

Peak: #9

Ugh, another singer that is criminally underrated. Niykee has such a good voice and with this EP, she delivered some of the best songs of her career.

52. Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me 

Bildergebnis für Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me 

Peak: #7
Weeks: 11
Last Year: #5

Demi's last album is one of her best ones yet. So good that it made this year's countdown again, even if it was released in 2017.

51. Jaira Burns - Burn Slow 

Bildergebnis für Jaira Burns - Burn Slow 

Jaira is another artist to watch. Her debut album has some really good, catchy pop songs.

Singles

55. Ciara - Level Up

Bildergebnis für Ciara - Level Up

Weeks: 8

After the first listen, i did really find the chorus annoying, but it's also really catchy. It gets stuck in your head and stays there. Ciara also slayed the choreo in the music video.

54. Era Istrefi & Konshens - Oh God 

Bildergebnis für Era Istrefi & Konshens - Oh God 

After her smash "Bonbon", Era didn't really had another huge hit, but she always delivers my yearly hoe anthem. Last year it was "No I Love Yous", which was released at a very fitting time for me and this year it's "Oh God", another sexy banger.

53. Becky G, French Montana & Farruko - Zooted

Bildergebnis für Becky G, French Montana & Farruko - Zooted

This jam describes the state that i'm in every weekend and it's the perfect party song. Is it basic? Yes, but who cares.

52. Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa - One Kiss 

Bildergebnis für Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa - One Kiss 

Peak: #6

Usually, i love every single one of Dua's singles, but i'm not really feeling this. It's still good, but not as amazing as her other singles and features.

51. Kiana Ledé & A$AP Ferg - Fairplay (Remix)

Bildergebnis für Kiana Ledé & A$AP Ferg - Fairplay (Remix)

Peak: #10
Weeks: 9

This song, about a woman who turns the tables on her cheating boyfriend, is a ****ing jam. I also like the verse by A$AP Ferg and prefer it over the solo version.

REPLIES

23 hours ago, Bxtch said:

Ugh she's truly so underrated :jonny: I've been rooting for Pia since I discovered her with Red Love years ago :'( 

I love her since "Do It Again". But i already listen to her since her first EP.

23 hours ago, kelly-clarkson said:

omg Then is Anne-Marie's best song. I wish she had more songs like this :jonny5:

Voicenotes and All Night :clap3: 

I hope on her next album will be more songs like this :jonny5:

21 hours ago, Remmy said:

Nervous is a SM highlight :heart2: I wish I could say the darkness is coming grew on me, I really do! But it just hasn't :)

That's okay. It's not a song for everyone. 

15 hours ago, Heartsigh said:

Ariana and Shawn :)

Talent :) 

9 hours ago, Monky_2405 said:

You are right. I already know your taste is amazing and this last update serves as confirmation :clap3: 

:date:

2 hours ago, Superpower said:

I actually like The Light Is Coming.

Body Count remix was cute

iVtTRWP.gif

Congratulations, you have taste

iVtTRWP.gif

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

the light is coming :party:

Songs: One Kiss :jamming: || Albums: Tell Me You Love Me :smitten: Needed a little growing but now it's one of her best albums. Still debating which is my favorite from her: TMYLM, Confident or Here We Go Again... the Love, Simon soundtrack is pretty solid :alexz3: Some of the new stuff is great and adding some amazing Bleachers + Whitney's classic makes it even better. Love Lies isn't even top 5 though!

I actually loved One Kiss... Calvin Harris really knows how to make a bop with the pop girls :jamming:

Today, you not only get ten more songs and albums, but i also start with the Artists Countdown ...

Albums

50. Olly Murs - You Know I Know

you-know-i-know-2-cds-252771639.jpg

Weeks: 3

Olly's new album is kinda generic, like a lot of his songs, but i often love generic bops, so this i a good album for me. It's not his best record, but it's cute. After half of the songs, it gets kinda boring tho.

49. Bea Miller - Aurora

Bildergebnis für Bea Miller - Aurora 

Bea's second studio album was a nice surprise. I wasn't a big fan of her on X Factor, but most of these songs are excellent.

48. Kelsea Ballerini - Unapologetically

Bildergebnis für Kelsea Ballerini - Unapologetically deluxe

Country star Kelsea Ballerini released her second album already last year, but i only discovered her this year, because i listened to "Legends" and loved it. This album has also some cute other bops, like "Miss Me More".

47. Lea - Zwischen meinen Zeilen

Bildergebnis für Lea - Zwischen meinen Zeilen

"Zwischen meinen Zeilen" is a great pop record. It's really personal and authentic, but it also has catchy bops and Lea's voice is so beautiful.

46. Paloma Faith - The Architect

Bildergebnis für Paloma Faith - The Architect

Last Year: #92

Thanks to like 30 different versions, this album made this year's countdown again. I don't love or care for every song, but overall, it's a very solid record and "Loyal" is one of their best singles yet.

45. Indiana - No Girlfriend Material

Bildergebnis für Indiana - No Girlfriend Material

Another nice surprise for me was Indiana's second studio album. I already liked her previous stuff, but this album is even stronger. "I Like Drinking" is also very relatable.

44. Marie Wegener - Königlich

Bildergebnis für Marie Wegener - Königlich

I'm a little torn on this album. Marie is a very talented singer and it's always nice when a girl wins "German Idol", but Dieter Bohlen's productions are always very dated. She should work with a more modern producer.

43. Hayley Kiyoko - Expectations

Bildergebnis für Hayley Kiyoko - Expectations

Hayley's debut album is really a mix of excellent bops and songs that i don't give a **** about. "What I Need" is definitely the highlight of this record.

42. Kylie Minogue - Golden

Bildergebnis für Kylie Minogue - Golden

At first, i wasn't really a fan of the idea of a Kylie album with country influences, but most of the songs are actually quite good and Kylie sounds amazing.

41. Sigala - Brighter Days

Bildergebnis für Sigala - Brighter Days

I don't know why all these DJs feel the need to release half of the album months or years before it's even released. It almost feels like a Best Of album, but a very good one. Sigala put some great collaborations on this record.

Singles

50. Selena Gomez - Back To You

Bildergebnis für Selena Gomez - Back To You

Considering that "13 Reasons Why" is a more darker teen show, i didn't expect such a dance bop as the lead single from the second soundtrack. Selena maybe isn't the best singer, but she knows how to use it to make good songs.

49. Ava Max - Not Your Barbie Girl

Bildergebnis für Ava Max - Not Your Barbie Girl 

"Sweet But Psycho" is smashing at the moment, but i actually prefer this song, which samples the dance classic "Barbie Girl". I love it when pop songs use a sample and do it in a good way and this one is a ****ing bop.

48. Rita Ora, Charli XCX, Bebe Rexha & Cardi B - Girls 

Bildergebnis für Rita Ora, Charli XCX, Bebe Rexha & Cardi B - Girls 

Peak: #9
Weeks: 9

I like all of these artists and expected a lot from this collaboration. And it's definitely catchy, but also one of Rita's weaker singles. I still bop to it tho.

47. Ariana Grande - breathin

Bildergebnis für Ariana Grande - breathin

Peak: #15

This is one of my favorite tracks of "Sweetener", even tho it didn't chart that high on my weekly countdown or stayed for very long, but that's only because it was released as a single weeks after the album release and at this point, i already played it too much. If this would've been the lead, it probably would've stayed at #1 for multiple weeks.

46. Zara Larsson - Ruin My Life

Bildergebnis für Zara Larsson - Ruin My Life

I wasn't sure if i like this at first, but i already was able to sing along during the first listen. It's such a catchy tune that you can't get out of your head.

45. Jennifer Lopez - Us

Bildergebnis für Jennifer Lopez - Us 

Peak: #7

Jennifer Lopez blessed us with this dance smash this year and no one really cared. It's a shame, because this song deserved to be a hit.

44. Madison Beer - Say It To My Face

Bildergebnis für Madison Beer - Say It To My Face

Weeks: 11
Last Year: #79

I love Madison and her music so much that this song made this list again this year. It's just such a good song and Madison sounds amazing on it. Sadly, her new single "Hurts Like Hell" didn't made this countdown, but will be on the Crownnote 2018 Countdown, which i will post early next year.

43. Lauren Aquilina - Psycho

Bildergebnis für Lauren Aquilina - Psycho

I've heard of Lauren before, but never cared for her music, but this one is a MAJOR BOP with such fun lyrics. I hope she will put out other songs as good as this one.

42. Carrie Underwood & Ludacris - The Champion

Bildergebnis für Carrie Underwood & Ludacris - The Champion

A collaboration i never would've thought of, but it works. The song suits Carrie and she sounds great as usual.

41. Inna - No Help

Bildergebnis für Inna - No Help

Before Inna released her spanish songs this year, she put out "No Help", an amazing dance song. I wish she would make another album with songs like this, even tho i kinda like "Iguana". But Inna just belong in the dance genre.

Artists

50. Sigala

Bildergebnis für sigala

After releasing bop after bop for quite a while now, DJ Sigala finally put out his debut album this year and thanks to it, he made the artists countdown for the first time. His album debuted within the top 10 of my weekly album charts and his single "Lullaby" peaked at #7. "Just Got Paid" also was a success and made it into the top 20 of my weekly countdown.

49. Samantha Jade

Bildergebnis für Samantha Jade

I love Samantha and wish she would release original material again, but i take what i can get and her cover albums were actually kinda cute. She even released two of them this year and both of them debuted within the top 3 of my weekly charts. Samantha reenters this countdown, after making it to #16 in 2016.

48. Julie Bergan

Bildergebnis für Julie Bergan

I listen to Julie's music for some years now and this year, she finally made this countdown. Her debut album was really good and even peaked at #1, while her single "Guilt Trip" charted within the top 5.

47. Meghan Trainor

Bildergebnis für Meghan Trainor

It wasn't a very good year for Meghan. Her comeback single kinda flopped and all the singles that followed didn't do much better, but i actually quite liked her new songs. "No Excuses", "Let You Be Right" and "Treat Myself" all peaked within the top 25 on my weekly countdown and "Just Got Paid", her collaboration with Sigala and Ella Eyre, was also a huge success. This song even made the 2018 countdown.

46. Benjamin Ingrosso

Bildergebnis für Benjamin Ingrosso

I love the Eurovision Song Contest, because i always discover so many great new artists. One of them is Benjamin Ingrosso, who is not only kinda cute, but also makes great pop music. His debut album "Identification" debuted at #1, while his singles "Dance You Off" and "Behave" both made the top 20. It's his first time on this countdown, but hopefully not the last.

45. Charli XCX

Bildergebnis für Charli XCX

It's also the first time for Charli on this countdown, who released a few bops this year. "1999" is probably one of the best singles of her career and made it into my top 15 and i also loved "Out Of My Head", which even peaked at #6. She also had some cute top 20 collaborations with Rita Ora, David Guetta, Tove Lo and more.

44. Betty Who

Bildergebnis für betty who

Betty debuted at #45 on the artists countdown last year and climbs a spot up this year. Her EP was amazing and i can't wait for part 2. "Taste" and "Look Back" both charted on my weekly countdown. "Ignore Me" didn't for some reason, even tho it came close a few times, but i also liked this song very much.

43. Kelly Clarkson

Bildergebnis für kelly clarkson

"Meaning of Life" was such a good album and i still listened to it a lot through 2018. I didn't really like her singles choices tho. "I Don't Think About You" was kinda cute and peaked at #14 on my weekly countdown, but "Heat" isn't really one of my favorites. Other songs deserved the single treatment more.

42. Liam Payne

Bildergebnis für Liam Payne 2018

Liam is not only the hottest one of the 1D guys, he also makes the best music. Yes, his songs are kinda generic, but that's what i often like. Sue Me. "Familiar" and "Polaroid" both peaked within the top 15, while "For You" with Rita Ora even debuted at #1. His debut EP was kind of a letdown tho.

41. Ciara

Bildergebnis für ciara 2018

This is the first time since 2010 that Ciara made this countdown again. "Level Up" and "Dose" are both bops and peaked within the top 10 of my weekly countdown and "Freak Me" also made it into the top 40 for a short time. I can't wait for her new album and hope we will get it in 2019.

REPLIES

On 12/20/2018 at 9:46 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

TMYLM IS Demi's best effort yet :alexz: 

Level Up is :flame: 

One Kiss :clap3: 

She really did THAT :alexz:

On 12/20/2018 at 9:55 PM, Remmy said:

Songs: One Kiss :jamming: || Albums: Tell Me You Love Me :smitten: Needed a little growing but now it's one of her best albums. Still debating which is my favorite from her: TMYLM, Confident or Here We Go Again... the Love, Simon soundtrack is pretty solid :alexz3: Some of the new stuff is great and adding some amazing Bleachers + Whitney's classic makes it even better. Love Lies isn't even top 5 though!

Bildergebnis für lies and more lies gif

On 12/21/2018 at 5:46 AM, Mr. Loco said:

I actually loved One Kiss... Calvin Harris really knows how to make a bop with the pop girls :jamming:

He does, but i prefer some of his other songs, like "Faking It".

On 12/21/2018 at 5:51 AM, potent said:

Demi's album charting again :clap3:

Level Up what a bop with amazing video :alexz:

The video was great :alexz:

On 12/21/2018 at 10:37 AM, Brandon said:

One Kiss :beatfreak:

:beatfreak:

22 hours ago, Monky_2405 said:

Level Up...can you feel the fire? :flame: 

I sure can :flame:

18 hours ago, Green said:

One Kiss and Level Up are bops :jamming: 

True :jamming: 

[/spoiler]@Diarrhoea, @Remmy,  @TheWayWeWere, @Arxane Sykes, @Lukey Lawson, @K$Ellie, @Brandon, @T.O.A.D.S., @TayDine1989, @TayRianaPH, @Monky_2405, @sumthintoxic82, @PAD, @Yndda, @Dessy Fenix, @jose168, @cdschart, @Kiall, @St. Charles, @JGibson, @Marnie, @Oxygen @DemnisBreezy @Green @Pinkoverblue @MusicLoverDude @Kiss It Better @Mr. Loco @Green[/spoiler]

The Champion  ❤️ 

Kelly Clarkson :party:

Singles: Girls is a bit messy but she's still cute. Plus C**di's verse is actually tolerable, and that's a hard thing to accomplish! Ruin My Life :jamming: breathin, the best song on Sweetener :date:
Artists: I still can't believe Meghan's album got delayed for so long :rip: This era seemed fine so far (in terms of music), but I guess Title will remain her best release by far. Kelly :smiley: Charli :jamming: Betty :smitten: Loved her EP, also it seems like "part 2" will be a full album w/ some or all of the Pt. 1 tracks on it. "Liam is not only the hottest one of the 1D guys, he also makes the best music." Are we thinking about the same 1D??? I- :thing:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.