• Brandon

• Remmy

• potent

Guys, i made a mistake. I forgot an album on my list and it's this one:

66. CHVRCHES - Love is Dead

Bildergebnis für CHVRCHES - Love is Dead

Peak: #5
Weeks: 2

I don't know how i could miss this album. I didn't care much about their first two albums, but "Miracle" and "Get Out" are such good pop songs. Because it's now included, all abums after #65 go down one position and Poo Bear's album isn't in the top 100 anymore. You can check out the updated list in the OP.

Albums

30. Various Artists - Sierra Burgess is a Loser (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

Bildergebnis für Various Artists - Sierra Burgess is a Loser (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

Peak: #2
Weeks: 4

The movie had some problematic moments, but was still cute. The soundtrack is great tho. The new songs from Betty Who and Allie X were good, but the real standouts are "Lie For Love" by Sabrina Carpenter and "Goodbye" by Carlie Hanson. That these songs weren't included in the film (atleast not in this version) makes the movie a little less cute, if i think about it.

29. Various Artists - 13 Reasons Why: Season 2 (Music from the Original TV Series)

Bildergebnis für Various Artists - 13 Reasons Why: Season 2 (Music from the Original TV Series)

Peak: #1
Weeks: 7

The second season of this Netflix teen drama wasn't as good as the first one, but i will talk about it on my TV Shows Top 50 Countdown. Atleast the soundtrack gave us new bops from Selena Gomez and Billie Eilish. 

28. Troye Sivan - Bloom

Bildergebnis für Troye Sivan - Bloom

"Bloom" is a really good album, but doesn't come close to "Blue Neighbourhood". It has strong songs, like the beautiful ballad "Seventeen", the '80s influenced bops "My My My!" and "Dance To This" or the bottom anthem "Bloom", but it also has a few forgettable tracks.

27. Vanessa Mai - Schlager

Bildergebnis für Vanessa Mai - Schlager

Weeks: 5

With this album, german singer Vanessa Mai wanted to prove that Schlager can be cool and sexy and mixes it with rap and electro beats. I'm not sure if she really accomplished her mission, but she definitely delivered some cute bops.

26. Sabrina Carpenter - Singular Act I

Bildergebnis für Sabrina Carpenter - Singular Act I

Weeks: 3

If this would've been released sooner and with more songs, it probably would be top 10 or top 5. Sabrina became one of my favorite pop girls this year. "Almost Love", "Paris" or "Hold Tight" are some of the best pop songs of the year.

Singles

30. Mabel & Not3s - Fine Line

Bildergebnis für Mabel & Not3s - Fine Line

Weeks: 12

I've heard of Mabel before and listened to some of her songs, but couldn't really get into her music, until she released this catchy summer bop.

29. Vanessa Mai & Olexesh - Wir 2 immer 1

Bildergebnis für Vanessa Mai & Olexesh - Wir 2 immer 1

Weeks: 10

Vanessa can call this song Schlager as often as she wants, but for me it's still pure pop mixed with some rap. But it doesn't matter, because it's a great pop song.

28. Carrie Underwood - Cry Pretty

Bildergebnis für Carrie Underwood - Cry Pretty

Peak: #5
Weeks: 11

After the first listen, this wasn't really one of my favorite Carrie songs, but it grew on me so much. Her vocals are just incredible and if you know what she's been through, the lyrics become even more meaningful. Also, her performance at the ACM Awards is one of the best live performances of the year.

27. Dua Lipa - Want To

Bildergebnis für Dua Lipa - Want To

Weeks: 8

I loved the Demo of this song so much and was beyond excited when i heard that she would release it. I had get used to the changes on the first verse, but this song is still a ****ing bop and one of Dua's best songs.

26. Antonia - Hotel Lounge

Bildergebnis für Antonia - Hotel Lounge

Peak: #9
Weeks: 11

To be honest, i didn't expect this become a bigger success on my charts than "Tango", but this song is just so infectious. And she looks amazing in the music video.

Artists

30. Nicki Minaj

Bildergebnis für nicki minaj 2018

Nicki didn't have such a good year. Her unnecessary fight with Cardi B, her delusional reaction to "Queen" charting at #2 and her defending her rapist boyfriend AND brother were not well recieved by the GP (or atleast by ATRL). But she's still making good music. "Queen" was a nice album, which peaked at #1 on my weekly countdown and the single "Bed" with Ariana Grande climbed into the top 3. "Chun Li" also charted. And her collaborations with Little Mix, Zayn & Ariana Grande became all top 5 hits.

29. Jess Glynne

Bildergebnis für jess glynne

The lead single of her second album, "All I Am", showed that Jess doesn't have any intention to change her music formula anytime soon. The top 15 single could easily fit her first album, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. She knows what's working for her and the success confirms it. The follow-up singles "I'll Be There" and "Thursday" both charted within the top 40, while her collaboration with Rudimental and Macklemore even climbed all the way up to number #3. Her second album "Always In Between" peaked at #2 and is currently still charting.

28. Julia Michaels

Bildergebnis für Julia Michaels

Julia deserves so much more. After "Issues", the singer didn't had another Billboard Top 100 hit, which is a ****ing shame. She delivers one good pop song after another. "Heaven" and "Jump" peaked at #1 and #2 on my weekly countdown and her latest single "In This Place" is currently sitting on #4. "There's No Way", her collaboration with Lauv, also made it into the top 40.

27. Kylie Minogue

Bildergebnis für kylie minogue 2018

Kylie had one of the best comebacks of the year. First, i thought country influenced dance music wouldn't be the right kind of music for her, but she proved me wrong. "Golden" is a great album and peaked at #2 on my charts. The singles "Dancing" and "Stop Me From Falling" both climbed into my top 10, while the beautiful "Music's Too Sad Without You" peaked at #15. "A Lifetime to Repair" also charted within the top 40. And even the classic "Red Blooded Woman" returned to the top 40 for one week.

26. Janelle Monáe

Bildergebnis für Janelle Monáe 2018

Janelle is one of the artists i least expected to be on this list. I liked "Yoga" in 2015, but didn't think much about her after that, but then she came back with "Make Me Feel" this year and blew me away. The song peaked at #4 and stayed in my top 40 for 15 weeks, which makes it the third longest-charting song of 2018. The amazing album "Dirty Computer" obviously debuted at #1 and "Pynk", "I Like That" and "Django Jane" also made it into the top 40.

REPLIES

18 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

STS EP is cute, but most of the stuff is still pretty forgettable

You Should See Me in the Crown is the best song Billie released this year :clap3: major bop

Dance to This :katie2: 

It's one of her best songs overall :clap3:

18 hours ago, JGibson said:

you should see me in a crown :worship:

:worship:

18 hours ago, Tsareena said:

didn't care for dancing queen much.. cute covers
Betty was just okay for me... 

Friends :clap3:
yas Billie
Survive the Summer was pretty good, IOP  :clap3:
you sould see me in a crown is pretty good, taki taki :clap3: Selena did that, Dance to this :clap3:

Selena had the best part in Taki Taki. And she looked flawless in the video. :clap3:

12 hours ago, potent said:

Dance to This is a bop, seems like it's appearing in a lot of people's lists lately :eli:

Crown is also okay but a little too high imo.

It's what the song deserves :eli:

8 hours ago, Remmy said:

Albums: Survive the Summer EP :smiley: | Singles: Savior :gaycat2: Dance to This :fish1: yssmiac :worship:

Artists: Troye :alexz: I was gonna judge you for thinking BN > Bloom but it's actually kinda close!

BN just has more standout tracks for me, while Bloom has more forgettable tracks.

7 hours ago, Kiss It Better said:

Savior was better without Quavo tbh i guess i'm used to listening to the demo version :fan:

I'm not sure if i ever listened to it. I wish she would've recorded and released the Demi Lovato version.

4 hours ago, Reinvention said:

Cher's ABBA album is so damn good and holy. Ugh she snapped. So glad she's doing part 2!! I'm so used to giving and now I finally get to receive.

Appreciate the Demi and Troye love too - both have had big years for very different reasons. Can't wait for their continued slayage.

True. Can't wait for part 2 and seeing her live next year. :alexz:

3 hours ago, Heartsigh said:

dance to this :3

A bop :) 

Want To :clap3:the first verse change is a bit annoying for me but i get used to it too, top 5 in her discography tbh

• ATRL Moderator

Singular Act I it's amazing, Sabrina really did that :jonny4::jonny4::jonny4:

Cry Pretty :clap3:

Sierra Burgess was a cute movie and I like soundtrack :clap3: 

Bloom was..promising, but I don't really like it at the end

Fine Line :katie2: 

Want To demo was better, but I still love final version :eli:

Janelle and Kylie  :clap3: 

Cry Pretty is one of my favorite country songs of the year  :heart2: 

Bloom is so cohesive and a good body of work. Troye did /that/, and Want To is great!

Don't stan for any of the songs of this set... but the artists released a few good singles out there, specially their collaborations

I'm back! Christmas day are always sooo busy for me! I took a look to the updates I missed in these past few days...and the countdown keeps on getting better. Eleni, Demi :flame: Invasion Of Privacy deserved and higher score tho!

Albums

25. R3hab - The Wave

Bildergebnis für r3hab the wave

Peak: #3

I never paid much attention to R3hab and his music, except for "Get Up" with Ciara and some cute remixes he did, but his second album is a slay. The production, the collaborations - everything is almost flawless. This is what a good dance album should sound like.

24. Julie Bergan - Turn On The Lights

Bildergebnis für Julie Bergan - Turn On The Lights 

Weeks: 8

Since "All Hours" in 2015, norwegian singer Julie Bergan released bop after bop, so it was about that time that she finally put out her debut album. It not only includes all of her singles since 2016, it also has some other great pop songs on it. "All Hours", still her best single, is sadly not included tho.

23. Various Artists - Pitch Perfect 3 (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

Bildergebnis für Pitch Perfect 3 (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) 

I love the girls of "Pitch Perfect" so much. Usually, i'm more a horror fan, but sometimes light-hearted and fun movies like this are also needed. And the music is so good. The third movie was panned by critics and fans, but i loved it more than part two. It was a little over the top, but really entertaining and it had maybe the best soundtrack out of all three movies. The "Toxic" cover alone is amazing. I am kinda excited that they teased a fourth movie.

22. Nicki Minaj - Queen

Bildergebnis für Nicki Minaj - Queen

I read some comments from people who "complained" about the songs that are more pop, but these are actually my favorites, which is no surprise, considering that i am a big fan of pop music. Songs like "Bed", "Ganja Burns" or "Come See About Me" are great, in my opinion. But i also like some of the songs that are less pop. It's just a good album overall.

21. Jess Glynne - Always in Between

Bildergebnis für jess Glynne - Always in Between deezer

On her second album, Jess doesn't really evolve as an artist. Every song could also fit her first album. But never change a running system, right? Her music still brings her hits and even tho a lot of songs sound similar, they are still bops. "Thursday", "Broken" and "Million Reasons" maybe even some of her best songs yet.

Singles

25. Carrie Underwood - Love Wins

Bildergebnis für Carrie Underwood - Love Wins 

This one might be a little cheesy. but songs with a good message like this is what the world needs right now. And Carrie sounds amazing, like usual.

24. Iggy Azalea & Tyga - Kream

Bildergebnis für Iggy Azalea & Tyga - Kream

Peak: #4

I could my repeat myself every time i talk about Iggy. She deserves much better. This song is probably not a lyrical masterpiece, but it's a ****ing bop and the music video is amazing. 

23. Dua Lipa - IDGAF

Bildergebnis für Dua Lipa - IDGAF

Peak: #6
Weeks: 14

"Dua Lipa" had so much better songs they could've chosen as a follow-up single to "New Rules", but i get why they decided to go with this one. It's catchy and lyrically, it could easily be connected to "New Rules". And even tho it's not the best song from her (****ing perfect) debut album, it's still a great pop song.

22. Delta Goodrem - Think About You

Bildergebnis für Delta Goodrem - Think About You

Weeks: 12

I always saw Delta as a beautiful and really elegant woman and didn't expect her to release such a sexy bop. This song came out at a time were i had a crush on a guy i work with, so i always listened to that song and stared at him. I don't have a crush on him anymore, but this song still knocks.

21. Silk City & Dua Lipa - Electricity

Bildergebnis für Silk City & Dua Lipa - Electricity

I expected this to become a much bigger hit, to be honest. But maybe people already sick of Dua? It can happen, if you're too overexposed, but let's hope it's not the case and she will slay with her second era.  Or maybe people aren't just into Dua's blonde hair? I'm definitely not. The song is still great tho and has an amazing music video.

Artists

25. Mabel

Bildergebnis für mabel singer

Mabel is one of the most promising new artists i discovered this year. I kinda already knew that she existed last year, but i only got into her music when she released "Fine Line", a bop that hit number #1 on my weekly countdown. This song even got me into her "older" music and the 2017 singles "Finders Keepers" and "Bedroom" also charted on my weekly countdown, the latter even climbed all the way up to number #2. "One Shot" peaked at #14 and her collaborations with Raye and Jax Jones both made it into the top 3.

24. Inna

Bildergebnis für inna

Romanian singer Inna released her album "Nirvana" in December 2017 which is her best and probably most cohesive album since "Party Never Ends". It debuted at number #1 on my weekly countdown and the singles "Nirvana", "Tropical" and "My Dreams" (yes, she basically released all the songs before the album even came out) also charted. Her best single of the year, "No Help", came a little later in 2018 and climbed all the way up to number #2. Her new singles "Ra" and "Inguana" have yet to chart, but i'm not sure if they even will.

23. Raye

Bildergebnis für raye singer

Raye is another promising artist from the UK, who even collaborated with Mabel on the top 3 hit "Cigarette". Her single "Decline" also charted before that, but only peaked at #26. "Friends" on the other hand became a smash and debuted at number #1. It's also her best single to date and i don't understand why it flopped so hard on the UK charts. Her surprise EP "Side Tape" was also full of bops and peaked within the top 10. Even her 2017 single "The Line" charted for a few weeks.

22. Shawn Mendes

Bildergebnis für shawn mendes sexy

People on ATRL are obsessed with Shawn's sexuality, but i don't really understand why. Sure, he's cute, but it's not like anyone on here had a chance with him, if he would be gay and it's kinda rude how some people even kinda pressure him to come out. If he's gay, he will come out when he's ready. People talk about "toxic masculinity", but call everyone gay who isn't a homophobic macho. But let's talk about his music. His self-titled album "Shawn Mendes" was a cute surprise for me. It's more mature and songs like "In My Blood" and "Youth" have some great, meaningful lyrics, while "Nervous" is a sexy bop. All three songs peaked within the top 15 on my weekly countdown.

21. R3hab

Bildergebnis für r3hab

Like i already said on the album countdown, he really delivered a almost perfect dance album. His productions are amazing, but of course, the songs wouldn't only be half as good without the collaborations. Olivia Holt and Sofia Carson both slayed on "Wrong Move" and "Rumors" and both singles peaked within the top 10 on my weekly countdown.

REPLIES

On 12/25/2018 at 10:46 AM, Brandon said:

Dance To This  &  Only You  :alexz:

:alexz:

23 hours ago, Kiss It Better said:

Want To :clap3:the first verse change is a bit annoying for me but i get used to it too, top 5 in her discography tbh

True. I would've prefered if they had pushed this as a single instead of "Electricity", to be honest.

23 hours ago, Lazuli said:

Invasion of Privacy :clap3: 

Only You, DTT and Taki Taki are okay 

:clap3:

20 hours ago, kelly-clarkson said:

Singular Act I it's amazing, Sabrina really did that :jonny4::jonny4::jonny4:

Cry Pretty :clap3:

New main pop girl confirmed :jonny4:

20 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Sierra Burgess was a cute movie and I like soundtrack :clap3: 

Bloom was..promising, but I don't really like it at the end

Fine Line :katie2: 

Want To demo was better, but I still love final version :eli:

Bloom could've been better, but it's still good :) 

20 hours ago, JGibson said:

Cry Pretty :clap3:

Stan talent :clap3:

20 hours ago, Bxtch said:

Sierra Burgess is a Loser, Bloom and Singular :alexz: pop excellence! 

:alexz:

16 hours ago, Green said:

Janelle and Kylie  :clap3: 

Cry Pretty is one of my favorite country songs of the year  :heart2: 

Good taste :clap3:

14 hours ago, Legend E said:

Cry Pretty, Want To :clap3: 

Not Antonia nnn :skull: 

What's wrong with Antonia? :skull:

13 hours ago, collin said:

Bloom :clap3: Janelle :clap3: 

:clap3:

11 hours ago, touch said:

Bloom is so cohesive and a good body of work. Troye did /that/, and Want To is great!

One of Dua's best songs :clap3:

6 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

Don't stan for any of the songs of this set... but the artists released a few good singles out there, specially their collaborations

Out of these 5 artists, Nicki had the best collaborations :oh:

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Nicki Minaj & Carrie  :katie2:

:katie2:

2 hours ago, Monky_2405 said:

I'm back! Christmas day are always sooo busy for me! I took a look to the updates I missed in these past few days...and the countdown keeps on getting better. Eleni, Demi :flame: Invasion Of Privacy deserved and higher score tho!

Invasion of Privacy it's higher than i expected. When i think about, it was also kinda you who made me listen to the album, because you praised it so much. This and her rap part on "Dinero" are the reason why i even listened to the album in the first place. And "Ring" & "I Like It" finally really got me into this album..:fan:

• ATRL Moderator

Love Wins and IDGAF :clap3:

I love Delta but I didn't like Think About You :noparty:

Sabrina, nicki & Troye ?

Electricity, IDGAF, Kream :clap3:

i'm surprised too Electricity tanked, but at least it has a big chance on winning a Grammy thanks to Mark and Diplo

omg, Electricity almost in top 20 :alexz: 

wait, I kinda forgot about Think About You :jonny4: the best Delta song in YEARS, still can't believe she not released album this year

Kream, Electricity, IDGAF, Queen  :clap3: 

Shawn :-*  I liked some songs of his last album

Electricity is a bop, it really grew on me :jamming: Love Wins is good too, although it’s kinda bland and forgettable tbh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.