K.D.S. | Best of 2018 | TV Shows & Movies #5 - #1

Kevin2803

Olly's album is good for 2-3 listens, then it gets repetitive. I liked Expectations and Golden. Back To You, Girls, breathin', Ruin My Life are excellent :katie2: and I'm looking forward to Benjamin's carrer. Identification was a pretty good debut album! :alexz:

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kevin2803

• Brandon

• Remmy

• TheWayWeWere

Back To You, breathin and Say It To My face :clap3: 

It's so sad seeing how Samantha is wasting her potential because of her label :'( 

• ATRL Moderator

YASSSS Kelly :party:

Meghan released bops this year but the GP ignored her :'(

The Champion almost made it to my list! Breathin and Back To You :clap3:

Let's continue with the top 40 ...

Albums 

40. Kelly Clarkson - Meaning of Life

Bildergebnis für Kelly Clarkson - Meaning of Life

Peak: #4
Weeks: 14
Last Year: #11

Kelly's best album since "All I Ever Wanted" made it into the countdown again this year. It's just a really strong album and it feels like this is the soulful music Kelly always wanted to release. I just think she should've have chosen better singles, like "Medicine", "Didn't I" or "Slow Dance".

39. Samantha Jade - Best Of My Love

Bildergebnis für Samantha Jade - Best Of My Love

Peak: #3
Weeks: 10

This is the first of two cover albums of today's countdown. Samantha is another very underrated pop girl, but i blame her label for that. "Nine" was a great album and they choose to let her put out a cover album after that? Really? I mean, dance music really suits her, but i just want original music. Just imagine an album with more bops like "Roller Skates".

38. Cher - Dancing Queen

Bildergebnis für Cher - Dancing Queen

Weeks: 4

When i first heard that Cher would release an Abba cover album, i wasn't sure what to think about it. I rather wanted another "Woman's World", but now i'm glad she released that album. I even like some songs more than the Abba versions. Legend Cher really did THAT. Can't wait to see her live next October.

37. Inna - Nirvana

Bildergebnis für Inna - Nirvana

Peak: #1
Weeks: 11

This is probably one of my favorite albums by Inna. "Party Never Ends" is also amazing, but this one is more consistent, i think. Maybe that's because it's also way shorter, but there is not one song i don't like. And "Gimme Gimme" is still THAT bop.

36. Betty Who - Betty, Pt. 1 - EP

Bildergebnis für Betty Who - Betty, Pt. 1 - EP

Weeks: 8

"The Valley" was already amazing, but Betty really delivered pop perfection with this EP. Can't wait to hear another full album with bops like this from her.

Singles

40. Cardi B & Kehlani - Ring

Bildergebnis für Cardi B & Kehlani - Ring

I ignored Cardi and her solo music for a long time, to be honest. I didn't really like "Bodak Yellow", but i liked her rap parts on J. Lo's "Dinero" and Rita's "Girls" and thought i give her album a chance and "Ring" was the one song that stood out for me, but mostly because i love Kehlani and she ALWAYS sounds good on every song she releases or is featured on. I didn't came back to it for a while, but when it was released as a single, i watched the music video and fell in love with the song.

39. Camila Cabello - Real Friends

Bildergebnis für Camila Cabello - Real Friends

Peak: #2

This was released as a promotional single for her debut album and i kinda expected it to be huge, because it has the same "Love Yourself" vibe. But they didn't really push it as a single and when they decided to put out that random Swae Lee version of the song, it was already too late. One of the hits that got away this year.

38. Raye - Friends

Bildergebnis für Raye - Friends

Raye is one of the most promising new pop girls and i really enjoyed her "Side Tape" EP. Shortly after, she released this bop, which is even better than all the songs on her EP.

37. Marshmello & Anne-Marie - Friends

Bildergebnis für Marshmello & Anne-Marie - Friends

"Friends" seems to be the most used song title of the year. This is the third song in a row with that word in the song title and they are all bops. This song smashed worldwide and gave Anne-Marie her breakthrough hit and it's not a surprise. It's totally catchy and also very relatable.

36. Liam Payne & Rita Ora - For You (Fifty Shades Freed)

Bildergebnis für Liam Payne & Rita Ora - For You (Fifty Shades Freed)

Weeks: 12

This song for the last Fifty Shades movie is pop perfection, but that's not surprising, considering that Rita is involved in this song. She just keeps blessing us with good music. It's almost a crime that Liam is credited first. Even tho he also sounds good, it's Rita who makes that song great. They also look amazing in the music video, but they have zero chemistry. But Liam seems to have no chemistry with any pop girl in general.

Artists

40. Demi Lovato

Bildergebnis für demi lovato

2018 was probably one of the worst years for Demi personally, but musically, she reached a new peak with her last album. With "Solo", she was also featured on of the biggest bops of the year, while "Sober" showcased her talent as a writer and singer. I wish her all the best and can't wait for new music.

39. Halsey

Bildergebnis für halsey

Halsey had a very successful era in 2017 with "hopeless fountain kingdom" and she got even bigger this year. "Without Me" is still smashing worldwide. The break-up anthemn peaked within my top 10, her collaborations with Benny Blanco and G-Eazy also charted and even "Strangers" returned on my weekly countdown for a few weeks this year.

38. Billie Eilish

Bildergebnis für billie eilish

One of the most promising newcomers of 2017 continued to put out amazing music this year. Her talent as a songwriter and artist as such a young age is impressive. "you should see me in a crown" hit number #1 on my weekly countdown and "lovely", her collaboration with Khalid, also debuted within my top 10. "When The Party's Over" is also slowly growing on me.

37. Antonia

Bildergebnis für antonia singer romania

I follow Antonia's music career for a few years now and i always liked her music, but this year, she really made me a stan. "Tango", "Hotel Lounge" and "Matame" are all bops. The first two songs climbed into the top 10 of my charts, while "Matame" is currently still charting. I hope we will finally get her second album in 2019.

36. Cher

Bildergebnis für cher 2018

Legend Cher finally returned to music this year and blessed us with an amazing Abba cover album. There probably no one else who could pull that off and she made some songs even better. "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man after Midnight)" gave her another top 3 hit on my weekly countdown, while "SOS" and "One Of Us" also charted within my top 40. I can't wait to finally see her live next year.

REPLIES

17 hours ago, JGibson said:

The Champion  ❤️ 

Kelly Clarkson :party:

:heart2:

16 hours ago, Remmy said:

Singles: Girls is a bit messy but she's still cute. Plus C**di's verse is actually tolerable, and that's a hard thing to accomplish! Ruin My Life :jamming: breathin, the best song on Sweetener :date:
Artists: I still can't believe Meghan's album got delayed for so long :rip: This era seemed fine so far (in terms of music), but I guess Title will remain her best release by far. Kelly :smiley: Charli :jamming: Betty :smitten: Loved her EP, also it seems like "part 2" will be a full album w/ some or all of the Pt. 1 tracks on it. "Liam is not only the hottest one of the 1D guys, he also makes the best music." Are we thinking about the same 1D??? I- :thing:

Yup. I'm not really into Harry's music, Zayn's music lately also wasn't that good except for NCNL and i don't really care for the other two boys.

16 hours ago, touch said:

Olly's album is good for 2-3 listens, then it gets repetitive. I liked Expectations and Golden. Back To You, Girls, breathin', Ruin My Life are excellent :katie2: and I'm looking forward to Benjamin's carrer. Identification was a pretty good debut album! :alexz:

Me too. I still hope for a music video for SGSFWYMWMM. 

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

breathin &  Ruin My Life :jamming:

Kelly Clarkson :party:

Bops :jamming:

4 hours ago, pyramid said:

the singles list is 9/10 :eek:

flawless update :clap3:

Your taste :clap3:

1 hour ago, Bxtch said:

Back To You, breathin and Say It To My face :clap3: 

It's so sad seeing how Samantha is wasting her potential because of her label :'( 

So true :'(

49 minutes ago, kelly-clarkson said:

YASSSS Kelly :party:

Meghan released bops this year but the GP ignored her :'(

The Champion almost made it to my list! Breathin and Back To You :clap3:

Well, atleast "Just Got Paid" was a little hit in the UK :) 

MOL in top 40 for 2nd year in a row :alexz: 

Dancing Queen :smitten: 

Betty EP :clap3: 

For You is pop perfection :alexz: 

Friends :clap3: 

Albums: MoL is alright, soulful isn't really my thing. Stan for AIEW though! Betty Pt 1 is a great EP :date:
Artists: Halsey :smiley: Demi and Billie :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Yup. I'm not really into Harry's music, Zayn's music lately also wasn't that good except for NCNL and i don't really care for the other two boys.

Harry >> Niall > ZAYN >>> Louis >>>> Liam :oh:

Real Friends, For You and FRIENDS :alexz:Meaning Of Life is so good! (Go High :katie2:)

Demi + Halsey :worship:

i'm missing out but i like the list so far...

Real Friends :clap3:

surprised at the light is coming making it to top 60 it is indeed catchy reminds me of Rihanna's Lemon lowkey

also, i agree with the statement "every songs with Kehlani on it sound so good" her voice is just soooo catchy and so enjoyable :smitten:

For You is my favorite track here.

So many songs with Friends in the title charting today

Albums

35. Felix Jaehn - I

Bildergebnis für Felix Jaehn - I

Weeks: 6

Another DJ album you could call a Best Of. It includes all his hits since 2015 and he had a lot of them.

34. Benjamin Ingrosso - Identification

Bildergebnis für Benjamin Ingrosso - Identification

Weeks: 4

I really liked "Dance You Off" and thought he had one of the best performances at the ESC 2018, but i didn't expect much from the album. A lot of ESC artists usually release albums with two or three good songs and ten fillers, but not Benjamin. "Identification" is a really, really strong pop album and i hope "So Good So Fine When You're Messing with My Mind" will be his next single.

33. Iggy Azalea - Survive the Summer - EP

Bildergebnis für Iggy Azalea - Survive the Summer - EP

Weeks: 7

Iggy deserves better. She released such good music this year and gets still mistreated by the public and by her label. Atleast the latter won't be a problem anymore.

32. Sarah - Zurück zu mir

Bildergebnis für Sarah - Zurück zu mir

"German Idol" runner-up Sarah started her music career with songs in English, but of course, she also had to jump on the german music train. But this music really suits her and there are a few bops on here. And with "Drifte davon", she proves that she's one of the most talented singers here in Germany.

31. Cardi B - Invasion of Privacy

Bildergebnis für Cardi B - Invasion of Privacy

Like i already said, it took me a while before i started to get into Cardi's music, but "Ring" and "I Like It" convinced me of her talent and this album also has a few other cute bops to offer, like "Drip".

Singles

35. Billie Eilish - you should see me in a crown

Bildergebnis für Billie Eilish - you should see me in a crown

This is exactly the kind of dark pop music i like. Hopefully Billie delivers more songs like this. If i'm not wrong, this song had the biggest jump within a week this year. It climbed from #38 to #1 in it's second week.

34. DJ Snake, Selena Gomez, Ozuna & Cardi B - Taki Taki

Bildergebnis für DJ Snake, Selena Gomez, Ozuna & Cardi B - Taki Taki

Weeks: 7

I was so annoyed by this song at first, but it's so infectious if you listen to it more often. Cardi & Selena slay their parts, but Ozuna...well, let's just say this song would probably be higher without him.

33. Troye Sivan & Ariana Grande - Dance To This 

Bildergebnis für Troye Sivan & Ariana Grande - Dance To This 

Peak: #5

This atmospheric '80s influenced pop song is so relaxing, but also really catchy at the same time. It's ike you can't decide if you want to chill to it or get up and dance. It works both ways. And Troye's and Ariana's voices work better together than i expected.

32. Iggy Azalea & Quavo - Savior

Bildergebnis für iggy Azalea & Quavo - Savior

There is probably no other female artist, except for Tinashe, who has such bad luck in the music industry. This was destined to be a smash, but it just didn't happen. Maybe it's because of the controversy with Dr. Luke, maybe it's because the GP is just not here for her anymore. I don't know. I just know that it's not fair. The music video slayed.

31. Cheat Codes & Little Mix - Only You

Bildergebnis für Cheat Codes & Little Mix - Only You

After "No Promises", Cheat Codes didn't release another song that came even close to their Demi Lovato collaboration until they worked with the world's most talented girl group. This summer bop, that perfectley blends acoustic pop with electronic music, is easily of the best dance tracks of the year.

Artists

35. Jax Jones

Bildergebnis für jax jones

Out of all the DJs at the moment (and there were a lot this year), Jax Jones is one of my favorites. Not only does he release bop after bop, he also seems like such a sweet and positive person. "Ring Ring" is one of the biggest hits of the year on my countdown and he also had top 10 hits with "Breathe" and "Play". His EP "Snacks" also debuted on my weekly top 20 two weeks ago.

34. Riverdale Cast

Bildergebnis für Riverdale Cast

Riverdale isn't able to deliver one storyline that makes sense or isn't over the top, but atleast they deliver musical talent and great covers. "Bittersweet Symphony" and "Jailhouse Rock" peaked within the top 15, while "Mad World" even made it to number #1.

33. Eleni Foureira

Bildergebnis für Eleni Foureira

We can probably all agree that this Queen was ROBBED at the ESC 2018. "Fuego" is one of the best songs ever presented on this Contest. The song obviously peaked at #1 on my weekly countdown and her latest single "Tomame" also made it into my top 20. Can't wait to hear what other bops she will release in the future.

32. Vanessa Mai

Bildergebnis für Vanessa mai 2018

I'm not the biggest fan of Schlager music, but Vanessa was able to mix rap and pop with it and made it more interesting to me and maybe also to a few other people. She gets a lot of hate here sometimes, but that's sadly normal for a female singer here in Germany. 

31. Troye Sivan

Bildergebnis für troye sivan

His duet with Ariana Grande brought me to pop heaven and his second album was also very strong, even tho, i kinda prefer "Blue Neigbourhood".

REPLIES

On 12/23/2018 at 3:54 PM, Green said:

Dancing Queen and Meaning of Life  :heart2: 

Real Friends and Ring :clap3: 

:heart2:

On 12/23/2018 at 4:09 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

MOL in top 40 for 2nd year in a row :alexz: 

Dancing Queen :smitten: 

Betty EP :clap3: 

For You is pop perfection :alexz:

Bildergebnis für its what she deserves gif

21 hours ago, Remmy said:

Albums: MoL is alright, soulful isn't really my thing. Stan for AIEW though! Betty Pt 1 is a great EP :date:
Artists: Halsey :smiley: Demi and Billie :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Harry >> Niall > ZAYN >>> Louis >>>> Liam :oh:

Bildergebnis für i have to laugh gif

19 hours ago, Bxtch said:

Real Friends + For you :clap3: 

Halsey :heart2: she's finally starting to get the recognition she deserves

It's about time :clap3:

15 hours ago, touch said:

Real Friends, For You and FRIENDS :alexz:Meaning Of Life is so good! (Go High :katie2:)

Go High isn't really my favorite, but you're right about the album :katie2:

11 hours ago, JGibson said:

Demi + Halsey :worship:

I see you stan talent :worship:

8 hours ago, Kiss It Better said:

i'm missing out but i like the list so far...

Real Friends :clap3:

surprised at the light is coming making it to top 60 it is indeed catchy reminds me of Rihanna's Lemon lowkey

also, i agree with the statement "every songs with Kehlani on it sound so good" her voice is just soooo catchy and so enjoyable :smitten:

It's time for a second solo album :smitten:

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

Kelly Clarkson,Demi & Halsey :celestial3:

:celestial3:

4 hours ago, Lazuli said:

Meaning of Life still here :dies: 

Ring :clap3: 

Well, it's a great album. The Grammys seem to think so, too. :oh:

45 minutes ago, Superpower said:

For You is my favorite track here.

So many songs with Friends in the title charting today

Right? It's almost ridicilous :fan:

STS EP is cute, but most of the stuff is still pretty forgettable

You Should See Me in the Crown is the best song Billie released this year :clap3: major bop

Dance to This :katie2: 

you should see me in a crown :worship:

• ATRL Moderator

didn't care for dancing queen much.. cute covers
Betty was just okay for me... 

yas Billie
Survive the Summer was pretty good, IOP  :clap3:
you sould see me in a crown is pretty good, taki taki :clap3: Selena did that, Dance to this :clap3:

Dance to This is a bop, seems like it's appearing in a lot of people's lists lately :eli:

Crown is also okay but a little too high imo.

Albums: Survive the Summer EP :smiley: | Singles: Savior :gaycat2: Dance to This :fish1: yssmiac :worship:

Artists: Troye :alexz: I was gonna judge you for thinking BN > Bloom but it's actually kinda close!

Savior was better without Quavo tbh i guess i'm used to listening to the demo version :fan:

Edited by Kiss It Better

Cher's ABBA album is so damn good and holy. Ugh she snapped. So glad she's doing part 2!! I'm so used to giving and now I finally get to receive.

Appreciate the Demi and Troye love too - both have had big years for very different reasons. Can't wait for their continued slayage.

dance to this :3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.