• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mattyboy

• slw84

• Navyofbadgals

• TheDevilsAdvocate

2 hours ago, Zolanski. said:

Kimberly Denise Jones trying it :ahh: 

When your fave's 18 year album dry spell is over and she ain't selling it off Paypal let me know! :ahh: 

Sold more on Paypal than 45k :ahh::ahh: 
A TRUE Queen of Rap!

I wonder who she is blaming behind the scenes for this. When the numbers come out, she's going to be faving a whole bunch of tweets about it being the labels fault. I do think that she can push through to 200k despite her streaming numbers

4 hours ago, Nextobitorius said:

Now, are y'all comparing Nicki's FOURTH album studio with Cardi's DEBUT ? :toofunny3:please stop this nonsense

Cardi had a #1 hit, first of all, had a lot of promo, booked a lot of shows (Jimmy Fallon, SNL when she revealed her baby bump), had a Coachella performance... so it's only logical that she would outsell Onika. (Plus, it's her DEBUT album, therefore, more people would be curious to check it out)

Nicki, on the other hand, had her brother going to jail earlier this year, endless album push backs that pratically KILLED all the hype she had, uneventful performances (SNL) and some disastrous ones as well (the BET Awards), her being a constant mess on Twitter didn't hemp either, she alienated more than half of her fanbase and a lot of ppl turned against her due to the traditional hate bandwagon. And add to all of this the messy album rollout which is the rotten cherry on top. We all knew this era was going to be a mess from the beggining. Stop pretending to be shocked. Every artist has a bad year/era, so it is totally normal. Besides, she delivered a solid album, which is more that I can say for the other one.

I know that some of y'all miserable shut ins are getting their lives rn. the perfect opportunity to start bashing and "dragging" Miss Onika and everything she has achieved so far..

It's all fun and games, but y'all already know who's gonna have the last laugh. Anyway...

But to deny Onika's status as a "Queen of Rap"... y'alls anuses must be prolapsed as hell to truly believe that shite.  It is beyond me that someone would doubt a second that Nicki is the queen of rap, because she IS the reigning queen of RAP. and no one could ever snatch that title from her, and surely not a stripper hoe straight outta the Bronx, and still fresh and new to the entertainment biz. Nicki has achieved more with her Pink Friday than Cardi could in ha entire career.

And don't come @ me with that "no number 1" bullshite... who needs a number one when you're the female artist with the most Billboard entries, a career that spanned almost a DECADE, longevity, versatilty, TALENT, a plethora of awards and prestigious prizes... Nicki is in fact RECOGNIZED as one of the most talented and successful female rappers by the entertainment industry. Nicki will be looked back for posterity and for the future generations of rappers, Hip Hop artists, and TRUE rap music connoisseurs to idolize. So put some respect to her name. When the Belcalis novelty is over, her stans (or people who think that her success makes them also better beings) would abandon her the SECOND she flops, and she will be getting the same treatment as a gum someone "accidentally" stepped on while walking on a sidewalk.

nickiisoverosjno.gif

Edited by PopMusicJunkie

Remember when Privacy by Cardi wad released the Barbz told me that Nicki would easily win in album sales :rip: 

Now, are y'all comparing Nicki's FOURTH album studio with Cardi's DEBUT ? :toofunny3:please stop this nonsense

Cardi had a #1 hit, first of all, had a lot of promo, booked a lot of shows (Jimmy Fallon, SNL when she revealed her baby bump), had a Coachella performance... so it's only logical that she would outsell Onika. (Plus, it's her DEBUT album, therefore, more people would be curious to check it out)

Nicki, on the other hand, had her brother going to jail earlier this year, endless album push backs that pratically KILLED all the hype she had, uneventful performances (SNL) and some disastrous ones as well (the BET Awards), her being a constant mess on Twitter didn't hemp either, she alienated more than half of her fanbase and a lot of ppl turned against her due to the traditional hate bandwagon. And add to all of this the messy album rollout which is the rotten cherry on top. We all knew this era was going to be a mess from the beggining. Stop pretending to be shocked. Every artist has a bad year/era, so it is totally normal. Besides, she delivered a solid album, which is more that I can say for the other one.

I know that some of y'all miserable shut ins are getting their lives rn. the perfect opportunity to start bashing and "dragging" Miss Onika and everything she has achieved so far..

It's all fun and games, but y'all already know who's gonna have the last laugh. Anyway...

But to deny Onika's status as a "Queen of Rap"... y'alls anuses must be prolapsed as hell to truly believe that shite.  It is beyond me that someone would doubt a second that Nicki is the queen of rap, because she IS the reigning queen of RAP. and no one could ever snatch that title from her, and surely not a stripper hoe straight outta the Bronx, and still fresh and new to the entertainment biz. Nicki has achieved more with her Pink Friday than Cardi could in ha entire career.

And don't come @ me with that "no number 1" bullshite... who needs a number one when you're the female artist with the most Billboard entries, a career that spanned almost a DECADE, longevity, versatilty, TALENT, a plethora of awards and prestigious prizes... Nicki is in fact RECOGNIZED as one of the most talented and successful female rappers by the entertainment industry. Nicki will be looked back for posterity and for the future generations of rappers, Hip Hop artists, and TRUE rap music connoisseurs to idolize. So put some respect to her name. When the Belcalis novelty is over, her stans (or people who think that her success makes them also better beings) would abandon her the SECOND she flops, and she will be getting the same treatment as a gum someone "accidentally" stepped on while walking on a sidewalk.

Are you trying to convince us, or yourself?

Oh wow 

2 hours ago, MusicTalker said:

No. It's her best album.

Actual album quality often doesn't matter with perception, though. People will use whatever they can against her to make her look worse. That's just where her career is at rn. Kind of like Katy last year and Gaga in 2013. All the **** in the air about her has turned people off from giving her music a chance, and Cardi slaying left and right does have something to do with that too. The concept of having one queen in pop and hip hop is really harmful to the other big girls and ends up doing **** like this, and y'all stans and y'all's petty arguments fall for it everytime (@'ing the people who perpertuate Nicki vs Cardi on the daily). Not saying Nicki hasn't done her own actions to influence the negativity/perception, BUT the stans on both sides are making it more played out.

To summarize it bluntly, the way people are looking at it is out with the "old" (Nicki), in with the new (Cardi). An ugly and sexist ideology but I see it played out irl and in the HDD numbers.

I wonder how the state of hip hop would have been if Nicki didn't insist on talking Kim's spot instead of being Queen in her right. Like saying "I'm coming for your crown Kim that's the word" or saying out with the old in with the new in reference to her squat pose. And not rocking with Cash Money using Kim in favor of her.

Like I know you already said that Nicki contributed to it too, but there were other female rappers in the underground scene when Nicki got mainstream and she embraced 0 of them. There isn't an interview where she name drops female rappers like she did in her Beats video in her  crying over Cardi segment. But oh well, here we are 8 years later with 2 female rappers dropping a hip hop album in the same year in God knows how long and both being top 10 on the hot 100 and 200.

6 hours ago, Bimbo said:

B-b-but it went viral on twitter!

tumblr_p2182mSVoH1qk7scno1_250.gif

HAHAHAHA GAGA FAN IN HERE NOT SURPRISED. I SUGGEST U PLEASE START PRAYING THAT UR FAVE IS ABLE TO COMPLETE HER UPCOMING VEGAS SHOWS WITHOUT HAVING TO CANCEL IT AND BLAME IT ON AN 'ILLNESS'. SHE'S A VEGETABLE ANYWAYS

4 minutes ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

nickiisoverosjno.gif

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, niiall said:

It's been obvious since last year the album was never going to smash, especially after Cardi blew up. What matters is that she served an amazing album that cemented her legacy. And let's not with the constant "but rap is bigger now!", Nicki is just like all the other early 10s pop girls, naturally decliining after almost a decade at the top. 

The urban pop girls (Beyonce and Rihanna) got bigger due to streaming so that’s not an excuse. She should be seen even more of a surge than them because she’s a rapper.

:rip:

It might increase though. 

2 hours ago, nick4bty said:

Joanne will outsell in a time when rap is completely dominating the music landscape :ahh::ahh::ahh:

LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. **** GAGA HOPE SHE DIES ANYWAY. SHE'S A VEGETABLE LIKE I SAID EARLIER

Just now, MONSTER NAVY said:

LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. **** GAGA HOPE SHE DIES ANYWAY. SHE'S A VEGETABLE LIKE I SAID EARLIER

:jonny5:

1 minute ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

:skull::skull::skull:

Ranting, raving and making death threats isn't going to change the fact that these predictions are underwhelming. The whole rollout of this album has been horrible and Nicki cannot make the same mistakes again.

6 hours ago, 45seconds said:

18 tracks? 

No competition?

Merch Bundle?

Tour Bundle? 

Less than 200k? 

Queen of Rap? 

:deadbanana2:

XUT1G0u.gif

13 minutes ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

HAHAHAHA GAGA FAN IN HERE NOT SURPRISED. I SUGGEST U PLEASE START PRAYING THAT UR FAVE IS ABLE TO COMPLETE HER UPCOMING VEGAS SHOWS WITHOUT HAVING TO CANCEL IT AND BLAME IT ON AN 'ILLNESS'. SHE'S A VEGETABLE ANYWAYS

Ok monster navy :cries:

14 minutes ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

:jonny5: 

16 minutes ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

Oh. 

12 minutes ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

Enjoy that permaban

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.