Unoriginal's Best of 2017

Unoriginal

I love some of your HM songs already. And I never expected Feel It Still to be such a big hit :rip: 

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unoriginal

• ultraviolence.xx

• theblackestday

• World Eater

Slide, HUMBLE., #1 on the Brain and Feel It Still are my favs out of these :clap3: Could you stop tagging me tho? :emofish: I still plan on checking this daily or whenever you feel like posting new updates

3 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

Hi everyone :gaycat2: I thought I'd give this a go seeing as I've been keeping track of my favourite albums of the year and have a good idea of what my favourite singles of the year etc are. I'll try and come up with some graphics of some sort but I won't make any promises because I'm lazy and useless with stuff like that. I'll be doing a couple of lists but I probably won't go too overboard. For now, the lists I'll be Best Of-ing are

relatable

Slide is trash, hate that sing :emofish: The Cure was done wrong, it's such a bop :katie2: 

Love On The Brain is great but a lil overrated :cm: Feel It Still and TMYLM are cute :flower:

Feel It Still + The Cure + Tell Me You Love Me + Love On The Brain :party:

• ATRL Moderator

Humble is so good, used to think it was the best song on DAMN but now I'm smarter :rip:

GOAT is a cute song, but Kitana is Princess nokia's musical peak. 

• ATRL Moderator

Replies because I'm extra // sorry for another stupid ****ing notif :skull:

Spoiler
2 hours ago, Dom said:

lotb, slide, the curr, humble all failed to make it. whaaat

I'm a mess tbh. They really did deserve better but the bottom five rungs of the top 50 were incredibly versatile and they could've been placed in any order and I would've been happy honestly

2 hours ago, Mark Rih said:

Slide and Humble deserved better but at least they made it to HMs :emofish:

LOTB won't even make my list because it already charted last year nnn

I know :'( 

LotB would've been on some kind of songs list had I been a member and done Best Of last year but it deserved a mention at least. even if it was just so i could vent at Rih :dies: 

2 hours ago, Reinvention said:

How did these not make the top 50? :rip:

"The Cure" is one of the year's best songs! Same with "Love on the Brain."

Slay at the "Flame" mention though - Tinashe snapped on that bop.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here :-* 

2 hours ago, theblackestday said:

Almost all of these deserved to make the list :'(

true :'( some of the bottom ten placements i think you'll hate 

2 hours ago, theblackestday said:

still talent (minus the cure)!

:coffee: 

2 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

And I never expected Feel It Still to be such a big hit :rip: 

Did anybody? :skull: some of my 50-41 placements are lowkey a mess (but i needed to represent some of the ones i thought would be less prevalent on the lists) so expect less love for a bit

checking out some of the EPs from your lists atm. Really liked Maggie Rogers :smitten: 

2 hours ago, Vxspertine said:

Oh wow @ Chanel and Humble missing the top 50 :eek:

talent lost :doc:

2 hours ago, volition said:

:dancehall: some good songs out already

:weeps:

2 hours ago, AlexisNeiers said:

Slide, HUMBLE., #1 on the Brain and Feel It Still are my favs out of these :clap3: Could you stop tagging me tho? :emofish: I still plan on checking this daily or whenever you feel like posting new updates

yeah i will do. sorry :emofish: i'll get the hang of this the more i do but I'm still learning, mostly from how other people are doing their BOs

1 hour ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

relatable

:-*

42 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

Slide is trash, hate that sing :emofish: The Cure was done wrong, it's such a bop :katie2: 

Love On The Brain is great but a lil overrated :cm: Feel It Still and TMYLM are cute :flower:

um love yourself a bit :emofish: Slide ain't trash and 'LotB' and 'overrated' don't go in the same sentence together :cm:

18 minutes ago, JGibson said:

Feel It Still + The Cure + Tell Me You Love Me + Love On The Brain :party:

:party:

5 minutes ago, PoKiTaurus said:

I'm here to support a fellow Sims Stan :flower:

if only i'd get round to playing it :flower: 

2 minutes ago, madonnas said:

Humble is so good, used to think it was the best song on DAMN but now I'm smarter :rip:

GOAT is a cute song, but Kitana is Princess nokia's musical peak. 

as someone whose opinion on DAMN will not be voiced, I'll just stay content that this is a singles only list :fan:

I still need to listen to the rest of 1992 Deluxe ngl :rip:

2 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

UNORIGINAL'S BEST OF 2017

SINGLES HONOURABLE MENTIONS

The songs that weren't quite good enough to make the Top 50 but deserved a lil mention anyway. These are mostly songs that I didn't get into as much as I should have in 2017 but that I enjoyed nonetheless. I won't delve too deeply into them because they're only HMs but hopefully I go over some songs that you guys enjoyed too. They're in no particular order

Slide - Calvin Harris, Frank Ocean & Migos

Disco/funk was absolutely NOT the route I was expecting Calvin to go down but it surprisingly worked incredibly well. The chorus is an insane earworm (and so are most of Frank's bits tbh) and Calvin's production is absolutely top-notch. This could've snatched the #50 spot tbh.

HUMBLE. - Kendrick Lamar

I mean... what is there to say about the song that hasn't been said countless times before? It was a fantastic way to reassert Kendrick as modern reigning rap royalty and Mike WiLL's piano riff is undeniably one of the most infectious things to come out of music in 2017.

The Story of O.J. - JAY-Z

Its status as a single is debatable (basically it's not really) but this absolutely undoubtedly a brilliant song and everything from the lyrics to the production to the sample to the music video is awesome in every way. Another contender for the #50 spot except for the line about Jews

G.O.A.T. - Princess Nokia

I'd never really looked into Princess Nokia before this so this was the first PN song I properly checked out (hence its placement on the list) and I was very pleasantly surprised. It's an excellent brag for Nokia as an underground rapper and I wanted to recognise her because she's just cool in general too.

Feel It Still - Portugal. The Man

2017's unexpected alternative hit. Something about it is infectiously catchy and it's just a fun slice of psych-pop with a great bassline

Chanel - Frank Ocean

Poor Frank got relegated twice. I do love this song though and the opening lyric works so well as a statement. I never properly got into Blonde so getting more into some of Frank's songs and features this year has been fun.

Love on the Brain - Rihanna

The only 2016 song I was genuinely considering putting on the list. Rih did this so wrong though. Easily one of the best songs on ANTi and an incredibly deserving single that deserved a music video more than anything. I won't ever forgive Rih for paying this absolute dust whilst it actually started the organic hit trend so the saltiness is probably why it was relegated over songs that were admittedly less deserving.

That's it for single honourable mentions! Honestly, some of these are probably better than songs that actually made my top fifty but I'm awkward and stubborn and had a genuinely tough time deciding what really deserved a place in the top fifty and what was left just outside of the ranking. This is the first time I've tried my hand at anything of this sort so any feedback at all would be very welcome and I'll try to take it on board for the Singles #50 - #46 which I'll probably do tomorrow. I'll attempt to do some graphics but don't be surprised if there's nothing :toofunny3: 

Reveal hidden contents

@Dom @theblackestday @ChapelHooker @Tom Vercetti @Pink Matter @AlexisNeiers @TheWayWeWere @jpow @Mr. Loco @volition @Eeveelution @Vxspertine @Mark Rih @Reinvention

sorry for the mention spam. if you want me to stop let me know. again, i've never done anything like this so idk if mentions are something we do before starting a list and whatnot :emofish: 

Omg at all of these missing your singles list :rip: Makes me excited for what did make it :duca: 

And you could've left Flame off entirely and no one would be mad at you :flower: 

4 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

please don't expect taste

:dies: 

Screaming at the HMs. Most of those deserved to make the list imo. :deadbanana2: 

Love on the brain is a masterpiece :clap3:

Feel it still is also very catchy :alexz2:

‘Neither Susanne Sundfor - Undercover or Fleet Foxes - Third of May in the top 100 is an absolute catastrophe on Pitchfork's part.’

why does this guy on reddit sound just like you :rip: i hope these are on your songs list too

and LOTB, Chanel :clap3:

Humble only an HM? Gurl....

The Cure, LOTB and TMYLM are cute :clap3: kii I totally forgot about Flame

omg, what a nice list :eek:

Slide is cute jam :jamming:

I don't really like any Tinasha songs, but Flame kinda slays me :toofunny2:

TMYLM :alexz: ew @ comment :biblio: it's best Demi song  :clap3:

The Cure is bop, I like it :katie2:

LOTB still slaying after years :jonny:

7 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

SINGLES HONOURABLE MENTIONS

you are cancelled! all of these songs (minus Flame) deserved the main chart :fish2:

I'll still follow for the fleet foxes infested top 10 

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, cdschart said:

I'll still follow for the fleet foxes infested top 10 

Thankfully I forced myself to a one song limit per artist :gaycat4:

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, Diarrhoea said:

Tell Me You Love Me was ROBBED

sqaEYrd.gif

Demi's single choices were what really robbed her of a place in the top 50 lbr

sqaEYrd.gif

10 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

Demi's single choices were what really robbed her of a place in the top 50 lbr

sqaEYrd.gif

But TMYLM and SNS are two of the best songs

sqaEYrd.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.