ChartMasters CSPC Discussion

Eternium

3 hours ago, aaronsmithjune1 said:

MLJ basically being 25% of her career sales :fan: @D.M.F

Wow

YSvh62l.gif

I can't wait for other major artists to be included. Will Britney remain top 20/25?

YSvh62l.gif

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eternium

• Anticipating

• Yog

• slw84

that 91% decrease between sophomore and 3rd

Eternium

My heart will go on :deadbanana3: what kind of legendary slay?

My heart will go on :deadbanana3: what kind of legendary slay?

• 2 weeks later...

So this is the official topic for all things Chartmasters? The Bee Gees were added!

1 1977 – Stayin’ Alive [Saturday Night Fever] – 31,460,000
2 1977 – How Deep Is Your Love [Saturday Night Fever] – 15,500,000
3 1977 – Night Fever [Saturday Night Fever] – 9,780,000
4 1979 – Tragedy [Spirits Having Flown] – 8,820,000
5 1976 – You Should Be Dancing [Children of the World] – 6,650,000
6 1967 – To Love Somebody [Bee Gees’ 1st] – 6,420,000
7 1977 – More Than a Woman [Saturday Night Fever] – 5,780,000

Stayin Alive's domination :eek:

CSPCBeeGeesTotals.png

Slay SNF:jonny: 

CSPCJanetTotals.png

Ms. Jackson is coming with 59.6M albums sold and over 70M album equivalents. Make sure to refresh ChartMasters.org and give them those much needed hits!

Discipline definitely sold 800K+ and DJ sold over a million in the US alone, no way is that number correct.

3 hours ago, Eternium said:

CSPCJanetTotals.png

Ms. Jackson is coming with 59.6M albums sold and over 70M album equivalents. Make sure to refresh ChartMasters.org and give them those much needed hits!

Finally a more accurate list regarding Janet's album sales. I remember so vividly that TVR only sold 7M and thought the album deserved to do much better, but miraculously the numbers were inflated to 10M in recent years and I was like how did that happen? :deadbanana: 

On 3/3/2017 at 11:35 PM, Eternium said:

The Beatles have been added. Now we need to see MJ vs. Elvis and the top 5 will be complete!

What about Elton John? 

Applause – 4,600,000

Wait, is this true? I had no idea Applause did so well in the long run :skull:

Leona sold more albums and singles than The Weeknd so I guess she's in the top 50! Ahh my ****ing fave! :cm:

2 hours ago, eli's_rhythm said:

Discipline definitely sold 800K+ and DJ sold over a million in the US alone, no way is that number correct.

Damita Jo certifications:

US - 1,000,000 (platinum)

Canada - 100,000 (platinum)

Japan - 100,000 (gold)

Singapore - 5,000 (gold)

UK - 60,000 (silver)

Just with the certifications of these 5 countries, the total is already 1.26M sold and at least in the US and Japan, we already know that the actual sales exceeded the certifications so yes, 1.55M for DJ is wrong. 

Also, EMI in their Annual report to shareholders in 2004 reported that Damita Jo already sold 2.4m copies world wide. Chartmasters.org uses the same ARs from EMI to explain/justify the Spice Girls CSPC so I do not know why they didn't take the numbers reported for Damita Jo at face value.

Receipt (turn to page 10)

http://www.kronemyer.com/EMI/EMI Group AR 2004.pdf

2 hours ago, Holy Fool said:

Wait, is this true? I had no idea Applause did so well in the long run :skull:

Sis, Applause has sold like 2.4M in the U.S. alone. Those numbers were a disaster for Gaga at that point, but they look incredible now.

2 hours ago, Tutankhamun said:

What about Elton John? 

I'm guessing he'll be #6, though he might end up placing right above Madonna.

4 hours ago, eli's_rhythm said:

DJ sold 1,010,000 in the U.S. and bombed in most of the rest of the world. Discipline did even worse. If you can find an error in his article once he releases it, make sure to comment and he'll fix it the way he normally does.

Madonna totally dominating over Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, and Taylor Swift. :gaycat1:

3 hours ago, robbyds said:

Damita Jo certifications:

US - 1,000,000 (platinum)

Canada - 100,000 (platinum)

Japan - 100,000 (gold)

Singapore - 5,000 (gold)

UK - 60,000 (silver)

Just with the certifications of these 5 countries, the total is already 1.26M sold and at least in the US and Japan, we already know that the actual sales exceeded the certifications so yes, 1.55M for DJ is wrong. 

Also, EMI in their Annual report to shareholders in 2004 reported that Damita Jo already sold 2.4m copies world wide. Chartmasters.org uses the same ARs from EMI to explain/justify the Spice Girls CSPC so I do not know why they didn't take the numbers reported for Damita Jo at face value.

Receipt (turn to page 10)

http://www.kronemyer.com/EMI/EMI Group AR 2004.pdf

Damita Jo didn't make the global top 50 in 2004 (#50 shipped 2 million units, so Damita Jo must have shipped less than 2 million). 1.55 million seems like a good estimate for an album that barely scrapped 1 million in America and peaked at #35 in France, #21 in Germany, #32 in the UK, #50 in New Zealand, #72 in Ireland, #23 in the Netherlands, #43 in Sweden, #37 in Italy, failed to chart in Spain, etc. There's no way it sold 1.4 million copies outside America when it charted for 1 week in several countries.

PA4sXbV.png

Edited by Anticipating

24 minutes ago, Anticipating said:

Damita Jo didn't make the global top 50 in 2004 (#50 shipped 2 million units, so Damita Jo must have shipped less than 2 million). 1.55 million seems like a good estimate for an album that barely scrapped 1 million in America and peaked at #35 in France, #21 in Germany, #32 in the UK, #50 in New Zealand, #72 in Ireland, #23 in the Netherlands, #43 in Sweden, #37 in Italy, failed to chart in Spain, etc. There's no way it sold 1.4 million copies outside America when it charted for 1 week in several countries.

PA4sXbV.png

So EMI lied to their shareholders? This is an honest question because the 2004 AR pointed out 2.4M in sales for Damita Jo. This is an Annual report not some PR document or press release in a magazine/newspaper.

17 minutes ago, robbyds said:

So EMI lied to their shareholders? This is an honest question because the 2004 AR pointed out 2.4M in sales for Damita Jo. This is an Annual report not some PR document or press release in a magazine/newspaper.

Probably returned copies? That would explain why it sold under 2m according to the IFPI

• ATRL Moderator
On 4/10/2017 at 11:22 PM, Anticipating said:

MJD said Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson and Miley Cyrus will be done this month @Eternium ?

:duca: Mariah's chart will be interesting. Poor Elusive Chanteuse :'(

1 hour ago, Michael21 said:

how? :rip:

How what? Do you know how massive Fleetwood Mac was in the 70s? Rumours is a CLASSIC album and is the 8th best-selling album ever with 40 million sales.

10 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

:duca: Mariah's chart will be interesting. Poor Elusive Chanteuse :'(

How what? Do you know how massive Fleetwood Mac was in the 70s? Rumours is a CLASSIC album and is the 8th best-selling album ever with 40 million sales.

I looked at some stats, but it still looks too much for me. That's all :michael:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.