Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 7) | REUNION TIME!

rl231

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

28 minutes later and I still don't have one

jOZUbgO.gif

Me neither

jOZUbgO.gif

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• Citrus

• T-Swizz

• rl231

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I'll be the last one since I was the last one announced.

jOZUbgO.gif

Hope I don't get a threesome with none of the Drag Race gurls except the iconic @Rhisiart or the pregnant one.

• ATRL Moderator

So many notifications from these trio messages lkjdflkajd

5 minutes ago, CHANEL™ said:

There is not a single person in this cast worth rooting for, so I'll be perched.

if you have nothing nice to say then don't say it.

it gets into my head.

jOZUbgO.gif

Edited by Mariah4life

3 minutes ago, CHANEL™ said:

There is not a single person in this cast worth rooting for, so I'll be perched.

I'm finally in a reality competition that treats me right and where I'm not threadbanned.

jOZUbgO.gif

9 minutes ago, CHANEL™ said:

Noted.

pIS6T2j.gif

• ATRL Moderator

FvHLoCa.png

Castaways, welcome to Round 1 of Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 7)! This is your first shot to prove yourself as a competitor...but for two of you, it’ll be your last. That’s right, only the first place tribe will be immune this round. As usual, the highest individual scorer on each tribe will also have immunity. Let's get going!

The theme for Round 1 is...

This Is My Revival

~I feel like I've awakened lately~

Keeping with Dylan’s tradition, we’ve tried to select a theme for the first round which is rather straight-forward and has a lot of song options available. As ATRL Survivor has returned from a year-long hiatus, with new hosts, twists, and judges, it is only fitting that this first round is about revival and reawakening. The song you choose to submit this round should focus on an artist declaring that they are revitalized after a hard period of time and ready to tackle the future. They’ve come back from the dead, and are declaring their freedom, independence, and wisdom with this song. It’s a new era in their life and they want everyone to know it. There should be a sense of empowerment in your selection or you're not choosing a correctly suited song for this round.

What To Do:
Once your song is selected, PM the hosts the artist and title of your song (do this in the PM that rl231 sent you with your trio info). You don't have to include a link to the song unless you are sending a specific version of it. There's no explanation needed as your song should speak for itself. If your song requires an explanation to make sense, it's not a good fit. 

There are 27 of you playing this game. You guys are bound to submit the same songs at some point and because no one can occupy the same song, I encourage you to send a back-up choice along with your first pick. This applies especially to those who are not around when a round is posted and don't have the luxury of choosing an instant track.

Take Into Consideration:

• The panel will judge the audio/lyrics of the track you submit. Music videos will not increase or decrease your score as some music video plots differ from a song's true meaning.
  • The theme is what is important here. You will not receive a low score because you sent in a song one of the judges does not like. Taste will at the most be the difference between an 8.5 or a 9. We will never dock off multiple points based off mere preference.
  • The song you choose should display the meaning upfront. An interview with your artist clarifying the meaning of the song will not be taken into consideration.

Judging Scale (May Vary By Judge):

9/10 - Great entry. Track displays the theme given head on.
8 - Good entry. Displays theme well but not as well as others. 
7 - Okay entry. Fits decently but is missing something overall.
6 - Somewhat tackles the theme but falls flat.
5 - Track mentions theme but is otherwise off-base. 
3/4 - Song does not hit the theme given besides a line or two. 
1/2 - Song has to do with a completely different subject than the theme.

I will supply an example for each round for you all to take inspiration from. Obviously no one can select this song as their entry. 

The example for this round is "Revival" by Selena Gomez from her album ‘Revival’. Lyrically, Selena describes how she has gone through obstacles, but now that this hard time has concluded, she is ready to shine her light and begin a new period in her life. She has been reawakened.

I've been under self-restoration
I'm becoming my own salvation
Showing up, no more hiding, hiding
The light inside me is bursting, shining
It's my, my, my time to butterfly

The deadline for this round is Sunday, September 24th at 8:00 PM US EST. Refer to the link below to see when that is in your own timezone:

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20170924T20&p0=179&msg=R1+Entries+Due&font=cursive

This round is a double elimination. Only the first place tribe will win immunity. 

Good luck castaways!

5 minutes ago, rl231 said:

Everyone who has submitted so far has got their first choice!

I didn’t smh

1 minute ago, Buddy! said:

I didn’t smh

Just wanted to tease you :eli:, but really, that was my mistake lol 

Are we just judged on the lyrics or does the mood/vibe of the song contribute? :cm: 

Just now, Fruity said:

Are we just judged on the lyrics or does the mood/vibe of the song contribute? :cm: 

Mainly the lyrics