Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 7) | REUNION TIME!

rl231

• ATRL Moderator

I hope I never see another watermarked image in this competition again :)

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• Citrus

• T-Swizz

• rl231

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Element said:

I hope I never see another watermarked image in this competition again :)

:gaycat3:  so glad i made my own

• ATRL Moderator

three entries absolutely knocked it out of the park this round

• ATRL Moderator

two were trainwrecks 

3 minutes ago, Element said:

two were trainwrecks 

@Losing my ground and his minion really LOST

kfc4lyl.png

Welcome castaways to your 11th results show! Below will be the rates of each entry from all four judges. You were all rated on a scale of 1 to 10. Your average score will be combined into an average which will determine who wins the challenge.

After I reveal the scores, I will post the final results which will include how you ranked against all castaways, and finally the overall rankings this round.

The one with the highest average score this round will win immunity.

With that said, here are the scores…

Marvin - LIBRA - The Beloved - Sweet Harmony

Spoiler

LIBRA by MARVIN

libra-5-lg.jpg

The backbone of LIBRA is peace, harmony, and helping people reach agreements in conflicts. Sweet Harmony by The Beloved tells everyone to put their differences aside so we can live in a peaceful society. Like the balance scale that represents LIBRA, the song tells people on both sides to come together in order to achieve peace, love, and unity all over the world.

• Element -
    • Sign - 0.5/0.5

• Name - 0.5/0.5

• Image - 1/1

• Song - 5/6 - This was pretty good, but very surface level for the sign. You could have expanded the Libra character into more.

• Explanation - 1.5/2 - This explanation could have benefitted from some further explanation and lyrical references.

• Total - 8.5/10

• rl231 -
    • Sign/Name/Image: 2
    • Song: 5
    • Explanation: 1.5
    • What even is this song?! I just feel the CHEESE oozing from this song. So, I think the song fits the sign pretty well. The explanation was also decent, but I feel like you could’ve touched on the connection to the song to the sign a bit deeper.
    • Score: 8.5
  • T-Swizz -

The Sign - 0.5/0.5     Your Name - 0.5/0.5     An Image - 1/1

Song - 4.5/6                 Explanation - 1/2          Total - 7.5/10

Critique: The sentiment echoed throughout the track seemed to be about unification and harmony. However, the production and vocals were god-awful, I barely made it to the end of the song. Despite my personal preference, the song choice is understandable from a purely lyrical standpoint. The only other qualm I had stemmed from the unbearably basic lyrics. You were also one of the few people that didn’t clearly connect the lyrics to your traits within your description.

• URBAN -
    • Sign/Name/Image - 2
    • Song: 5/6
    • I personally think that sonically, it was soothing. Yes, the vocals were trash, but the instruments and the production were so silky and relaxing. As a Libra, I loved this song and I think you did it justice.
    • Explanation - 1.5//2
    • Total - 8.5
  • Dylan -
    • Sign/Name/Image - 2
    • Song - 4.5 - Libra’s are about balance and this song captures that aspect pretty well in terms of harmony. On a sonic level, the man’s voice is less than soothing but the actual instrumental works for the scene I believe you were trying to set up. However, because you weren’t 100% strong on a sonic level, I think your lyrics needed to be a bit deeper than what they actually are. It would’ve helped you out a lot here.
    • Explanation - 2 - It works.
    • Total: 8.5/10

Losing my ground - CANCER - P!nk - Please Don’t Leave Me

Spoiler

1. The Sign

Cancer

2. Your Name

Losing my ground

3. An image

fd537fa3df8e8b8f3c7d879a999390bf--cancer

4. Song

P!nk - "Please Don't Leave Me"

5. Song Explanation*

* (Words in parenthesis or italics are either lyrics of the song or descriptions taken from the reference page)

First of all, I wanted to clarify two things: I'm really a Cancer, and although I'm not a believer of this astrological things, you are going to notice how this actually works for my persona in both real life and my run through this game; Second, I chose this song for both its lyrics and official music video.

Cancer is a sign known for its attachment to family and home (returning to a space that they can call their own. Home and deep bonds, especially female ones, keep them feeling secure; homebodies at heart); In this video clip, P!nk effusively tries to make sure his love interest does not leave their home. She's not going to look after him, she wants him to stay there, no matter how crazy or psychopathic-ish her efforts are. That is easily explained by Cancer impulses and emotions that flows when they see their security, stability and familty/love links in danger (emotions and intuition overrule their logic and intellect; Cancer energy makes us cling to comforts—from job security to beloved family members and pets; they feel a deep urge to nest and spend time with our families or loved ones).

Now let's see why a Cancer person could get to this pitiful point. The crab, Cancer's symbol, represents their most important characteristic: an impenetrable outer shell and vulnerable underside. P!nk regrets of, instead of showing to her love interest a gentle and caring inner side, she showed him a tough shell. And we know a shell can be a bit too snug and Crabs can lose perspective, lapsing into pessimism ("I don't know if I can yell any louder, how many times have I kicked you out of here or said something insulting?... But baby I don't mean it; I forgot to say out loud how beautiful you really are to me"). This shell can be misunderstood by some people, who acts as tough as Cancer allegedly is. And if you mistreated a Cancer once, they will probably give it back three times worse, given their sensitivity and fierce over competitiveness ("Can't you tell that this is all just a contest?; The one that wins will be the one that hits the hardest"). Despite that toxic relationship, Cancer usually develops codependence relationships and are reluctant to change, that's why P!nk is begging "Please, Don't Leave Me" (can veer into coddling and codependence; don’t get too hooked on Cancer’s compassion or your relationship can get codependent; Change can threaten this security-seeking sign, which seeks to plant deep roots).

Positive things about a Cancer like LMGsentimental and nostalgic. sensitive, domestic, feminine, maternal, compassionate, caretaking, romantic, and creative.

Bad things about a Cancer like LMGgossipy, cliquey, isolated, passive-aggressive, hypersensitive, and overly competitive.

Any resemblance to reality is purely coincidental

Losing my ground

• Element -
    • Sign - 0.5/0.5

• Name - 0.5/0.5

• Image - 1/1

• Song - 6/6 - Excellent song choice that balances the personal qualities of a Cancer so well. No resemblance, you say??

• Explanation - 2/2 - While LENGTHY, this is a really well thought-out and enlightening description. Thank you for sharing this creative perspective with us.

• Total - 10/10

• rl231 -
    • Song: 6
    • Explanation: 2
    • I don’t really have words because you KILLED it. Like DESTROYED. So, props! One thing though, and it’s a warning, please actually follow the challenge description when it comes to the explanation. Most judges don’t want to read 2-3 paragraphs. I didn’t dock you for it, but if you do it again, then I will do it.
    • Score: 10
  • T-Swizz -

Song - 6/6                 Explanation - 2/2          Total - 10/10

• Critique: This was unnecessarily long winded. The judges asked for 2-3 sentences NOT 2-3 paragraphs. There’s obviously leeway for the amount you can write but in true LMG fashion you went completely overboard. You made the connection between your sign and track crystal clear in this research paper you submitted and it was a great entry overall.
  • URBAN -
    • Sign/Name/Image - 2
    • Song: 6/6
    • A full SLAY! Long AF, but a slay. Some people are lazy and don’t like reading, but I appreciated the detailed description. Good job.
    • Explanation - 2/2
    • Total - 10
  • Dylan -
    • Sign/Name/Image - 2
    • Song - 6 - You had the full amount of points the minute I read the crab metaphor. Perfect example of being  tough on the outside but vulnerable on the inside.
    • Explanation - 1.5 - I’m going to let this serve as a warning for future rounds and not penalize you too much right now. NO CONTESTANT likes the guy that writes an essay when they were asked to write a few sentences. Not only that, but your song fit so well that all you had to do was write a few sentences to collect a nice score. That being said, great job this round.
    • Total: 9.5/10

MusicLoverDude - CAPRICORN - Hope 7 - I Want Everything

Spoiler

Capricorn

By: MusicLoverDude

zodiac1+capricorn.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jboPPxl8qik

Capricorns are ambitious and goal-oriented, but can also be very materialistic and pessimistic if things don't go their way. I Want Everything does a great job to showcase this with an overall message of wanting everything you work for, despite the fear that if you try, you might be set up to fail. And the overall mood of the song is happy, with the only negative connotations being in the bridge. This corrolates with those fears that Capricorns have, but working past them to achieve what they want. Combining the lyrics and the mood of the song together allows for I Want Everything to be the best representation of Capricorns possible. 

• Element -
    • Sign - 0.5/0.5
    • Name - 0.5/0.5
    • Image - 1/1
    • Song - 5.5/6 - Really solid entry besides the bridge
    • Explanation - 2/2 - Great connections and succinct!
    • Total - 9.5/10
  • rl231 -
    • Sign/Name/Image - 2
    • Song: 5.5
    • This might be one of your best rounds yet, and as cheesy and dated as the song is, it works really well. Is it perfect? Almost, but it’s a minuscule thing with the bridge.
    • Score: 9.5
  • T-Swizz:

Song - 5/6                 Explanation - 2/2          Total - 9/10

• Critique: You did a wonderful job of clearly and concisely explaining the correlation between your sign and the track. The artist is undoubtedly ambitious, materialistic, and chasing after fame. The only thing that threw me off was the bridge, but other than that it was a great entry.
  • URBAN -
    • Sign/Name/Image - 2
    • Song: 5/6
    • Your best round to date in this competition. Kudos to you for submitting a good song and providing a cohesive description.
    • Explanation - 2//2
    • Total - 9
  • Dylan -
    • Sign/Name/Image - 2
    • Song - 5.5 - I for SURE know this song. Was it on Disney Channel or something? Anyway, this is one of your best rounds so far. Capricorns are driven, motivated, and determined to reach their goals. This song describes just that. It may be a little too corny at some points but it’s definitely a great choice for your chosen sign.
    • Explanation - 2 - You were to the point and that’s appreciated. But, also still detailed enough to get all your points across.
    • Total: 9.5/10

Kathlen - GEMINI - Coldplay - Talk

Spoiler

GEMINI

- By Kathlen

talking.jpg

TWINS - COMMUNICATION

I choose this song because gemini’s sign mean communication, and they really love to talk like a lot, mainly because they hate silence. They feel like they cant be boring, so they’ll try to ‘force’ a conversation if they have to.

Gemini’s are also very caring when they get close to a person, and i feel like this song has all that.

• Element -
    • Sign - 0.5/0.5
    • Name - 0.5/0.5
    • Image - 1/1
    • Song - 6/6 - Lyrically on point. I love how the narrator shows that he is insecure/emotional/scared, because I know that Geminis can have that aura about them as well. Really good find.
    • Explanation - 1/2 - “This song has all that” … in the future, show me how.
    • Total - 9/10
  • rl231 -
    • Explanation: 1
    • I absolutely LOVE this song (and Coldplay). I think it’s a great fit for the sign, and it showed in its lyrics. I just thought that the explanation was meh though and not as descriptive as it should’ve been.
    • Score: 9
  • T-Swizz:

Song - 6/6                 Explanation - 1/2          Total - 9/10

• Critique: This was definitely one of the weaker descriptions but it was understandable since the song speaks for itself. Great choice and the Mercury-esque MV was the cherry on top given that’s Gemini’s ruling planet. It centered around communication but also explored topics of  curiosity and adventure which are synonymous with the sign.
  • URBAN -
    • Sign/Name/Image - 2
    • You did a solid job with song choice, but the explanation could’ve been a bit better. What helped you a lot is that your song spoke for itself, so it made up for the lackluster description.
    • Explanation - 1.5/2
    • Total - 9.5
  • Dylan -
    • Sign/Name/Image - 2
    • Song - 6 - Gemini has one of the harder descriptions of the signs, but I think you did a
    • great job in choosing your song for this round. Geminis believe you can find yourself by communicating both verbally and through activity. I think this song captures that common adolescence theme of not really knowing what your path is, but also knowing there is one for you.
    • Explanation - 1 - I felt like your track was really strong and so I was hoping your explanation would be too. But that wasn’t the case. You didn’t really unravel the song too much. I feel like I just unraveled it more than you did in my review. I understand you guys had a rather short explanation rule, but this could have been better. A strong entry regardless.
    • Total: 9/10

Fruity - ARIES - Muse - Knights of Cydonia

Spoiler

Aries

By: Fruity

Aries.png 

Knights of Cydonia - Muse

Aries is the leader and trailblazer of the zodiac - this song seizes the sign's courage, determination, and huge sense of fire/energy - both in the lyrics and sound. The lyrical content especially captures Aries' ruling planet Mars (the God of War), and details both positive characteristics - bold, unstoppable, heroic, passionate - while also our negative - proud, competitive, impulsive. The first and second verses are a call to action "come ride with me" says Aries, then explaining how Aries believe they have a right to be #1, to create a legacy, to overthrow "fools" in their path, and shows a feeling of superiority to other lazier Gods ("fall asleep on the job") as well as urgency ("don't waste your time or time will waste you"). The song is straightforward and to the point, like Aries, and even the song's repetition (a 3x repeated final verse) can be viewed as a sense of our stubborn, bossy nature; it is acting as a battle cry before championing survival and leading the remainder of the zodiac through their future. "You and I must fight for our rights... to survive"... Aries wants a better life in this song and is willing to fight in order to get it. The entire piece reeks of anticipation, vitality, aggression and builds hype before a dynamic charge.

• Element -
    • Sign - 0.5/0.5
    • Name - 0.5/0.5
    • Image - 1/1
    • Song - 6/6 - Fantastic pick that both lyrically and sonically captures Aries. I feel the fire and energy coursing through this track.
    • Explanation - 2/2 - THIS is an explanation. If Choose The Album, Then A Song comes back you betta join!
    • Total - 10/10
  • rl231 -
    • It’s like you know how to write!!!! My high school English teacher would be very proud. Anyways, great song and description, and it was tied into the sign beautifully!
  • T-Swizz -

• Critique: Perfection! The multi-layered commentary, clever use of emphasizing traits, and a beautiful simplistic song that was deconstructed within your description and virtually every aspect of it was somehow tied into your zodiac sign. I almost nutted.
  • URBAN
    • Sign/Name/Image - 2
    • Simple yet descriptive and sonically pleasing. You hit all the marks.
    • Explanation - 2/2
    • Total - 10
  • Dylan -
    • Sign/Name/Image - 2
    • Song - 6 - I normally wouldn’t give a song with so little lyrics a full score, but the lack of lyrics actually works in your favor. It adds to the stubbornness and potential selfishness Aries can display. It’s perfect sonically. The entire track is warrior-esque and really captures the Ram metaphor described for Aries.
    • Explanation - 2 - Every other word being underlined was interesting but you got your point across.
    • Total: 10/10

wesleywalrus - LEO - Charli XCX - Break the Rules

Spoiler

leoSign.png

Leo

By: wesleywalrus

Charli XCX - Break The Rules

Leo is a FIRE sign! FIRE signs are adventurous with immense energy.

Those with fire signs are energetic, dynamic, and are always ready to do something.

Additionally, Leos are exciting, and fun people to be around.

They are rule breakers, ambitious and dominating,

and for that reason they sometimes can be impatient, vain and headstrong.

"Bitch, you wanna fly
I'm so alive,

I'm such a star
Queen boulevard
Blaze through the dark...

I don't wanna go to school
I just wanna break the rules.
"

• Element -
    • Sign - 0.5/0.5
    • Name - 0.5/0.5
    • Image - 1/1
    • Song - 4/6 - This song definitely works on a base level of the Leo description (fun/attention-seeking)… I think that it’s rather underdeveloped and over the top, while a lot of the Leo qualities go deeper than this. Confidence, leadership, dignified auras… that’s lost in here and that extra examination into the undertones of a theme will help your future entries.
    • Explanation - 1/2 - I feel like you just kind of put the Leo description and the lyrics side-by-side without trying to synthesize them. In the future, expand on your lyrical quotes even when they’re seemingly obvious.
    • Total - 7/10
  • rl231 -
    • Song: 4
    • My sign! I don’t really care as much about horoscopes or whatever, but I was curious to see how you would do particularly. I do think the song is a partial fit, but it didn’t really hit with other traits of a Leo. In addition, your explanation included the quote, but in no way tied them together. Or I just couldn’t tell...
    • Score: 7
  • T-Swizz -

Song - 3/6                 Explanation - 2/2          Total - 6/10

• Critique: Charli looks like she’s in her early 30s (poor mayos) why is she still singing about school?? ANYway, this song is pretty repetitive and touches on very few Leo traits. I don’t see the passion, romance, drama, or loyalty that people usually associate with a Leo. Just a terrible one dimensional song that should’ve never been released to begin with! Your description was convincing enough to have me believe this was representative of a Leo until I did my own research so kudos for that.
  • URBAN -
    • Sign/Name/Image - 2
    • Song: 4/6
    • This was not the best choice for your sign. Like the other judges mention, it really doesn’t relate to the traits of a Leo and it does feel very juvenile. Your explanation was also lackluster as there was no connection to the song other than a quoted verse.
    • Explanation - 1/2
    • Total - 7
  • Dylan -
    • Sign/Name/Image - 2
    • Song - 4 - This song works decently, but I don’t feel it completely captures the Leo sign either. It’s super juvenile and while you’ll see that worked for MLD, Leos have a powerful presence to them that demands attention. Charli herself is a very flamboyant character and I think that really worked in your favor, but this particular song doesn’t seem to go much further than “hey mom. I’m grown now!” The description of a Leo is a lot more intense than that.
    • Explanation - 1 - You described a Leo but you didn’t connect it to your song besides quoting a verse.
    • Total: 7/10

Riri. - SAGITTARIUS - John Denver - Leaving on a Jet Plane

Spoiler

The Sign - .5 Pt

Sagittarius

2. Your Name - .5 Pt
Riri
3. An Image - 1 Pt.

30080528-Zodiac-sign-sagittarius-fashion

4. Song - 6 Pts

5. Song Explanation - 2 Pts

I think sags(women) are very caring and very adventurous and this song resemble that it could be that she went off to a city on a plane but hopes if she come back she hope he still be there for her

• Element -
    • Sign - 0.5/0.5

• Name - 0.5/0.5

• Image - 0.5/1 - I’m taking off half a point here for using a WATERMARKED image. Like are you serious? You couldn’t find anything else on the Internet?

• Song - 2/6 - It’s not completely off base, as it touches the idea of a wanderer. But I don’t get any sense of why he’s going on the adventure and what he’s looking forward to in his personality. It’s very general.

• Explanation - 0.5/2 - What are you trying to say? I’m SCREAMING at the idea of one month of the year having no males born at all. Dead, deceased, in the coffin.

• Total - 4/10

• rl231 -
    • Song: 2
    • Do you realize that this song is by a man, who’s singing to a woman? I couldn’t tell from your description. Sagittariuses are both men and women, fyi. Also, yes Sagittariuses are adventurous, but they’re so much more. Your description totally missed the mark and was riddled with grammar errors (which isn’t a knock on your score but totally ruins the flow). Also, I asked for at least 2 sentences...and you gave me 1. The song itself didn’t really encapsulate the sign either. It hit one mark (adventurous), but the song and the sign don’t necessarily match except for that. Sorry, and please do better next time (if there is a next time).
    • Score: 4.5
  • T-Swizz -

Song - 1/6                 Explanation - 0.5/2          Total - 3.5/10

• Critique: Try harder next time.
  • URBAN -
    • Sign/Name/Image - 2
    • Song: 2.5/6
    • Confusing af. There’s a huge disconnect, you need to put more effort next time.
    • Explanation - 0.5/2
    • Total - 5/10
  • Dylan -
    • Sign/Name/Image - 2
    • Song - 3 - A Sag is adventurous and they love to travel and learn and grow as a person through new experiences. You understood that, but still chose a song that is as interesting as wallpaper. Yeah, your protagonist is leaving on an adventure but it doesn’t sound exciting nor enlightening. There’s just so many better songs that fit where I think you were trying to go here.
    • Explanation - 0.5 - Now you lost me completely. The man is going on an adventure and he’s hoping she’ll still be there for him when he gets back. Not only that, but both men and women are Sags so this explanation doesn’t do you any favors at all. I thought you were on the right track with your song choice but just fell flat. I’m not so sure anymore. You’ve done better.
    • Total: 5.5/10

talent - VIRGO - Alessia Cara - Here

Spoiler
  • Element -
    • Sign - 0.5/0.5
    • Name - 0.5/0.5
    • Image - 1/1
    • Song - 5/6 - I think that this was a solid selection for the sign. While reading through background information on Virgos, I saw an emphasis on how their minds are constantly striving for perfection and details, and I think that this song slightly touches on that concept within the context of the party… nothing “here” is good enough for her. But she doesn’t do much to try and fix it.
    • Explanation - 2/2 - I liked how you emphasized two different parts of the personality in your explanation.
    • Total - 8.5/10
  • rl231 -
    • Song: 4
    • A great song that is reasonably fitting for the sign. I do think that while you hit one main aspect, there’s more that you could’ve hit for a Virgo. As a result, your explanation, while good, still hits on that one aspect, and that’s where it slightly falters.
    • Score: 7.5
  • T-Swizz -

Song - 3/6                 Explanation - 2/2          Total - 7/10

• Critique: There seems to be a slight disconnect here. You essentially focused on the introverted aspect of a Virgo and tried to milk that for all it’s worth. Within the song itself she clarifies that she isn’t anti-social, it just might seem that way from the outside looking in. This song exhibits major signs of elitism if anything (which is a capricorn trait) especially when she states that she wants to avoid a girl because she gossips, and rather listen to music with a message *eye roll*. You also missed out on a chunk of traits people usually associate with this sign: dedication/perfectionism/innocence.
  • URBAN -
    • Sign/Name/Image - 2
    • Yes, there’s a slight disconnect and you only seem to focus on the introvert aspect of your sign, but it still works.
    • Explanation - 1.5/2
    • Total - 7.5
  • Dylan -
    • Sign/Name/Image - 2
    • Song - 4.5 - Honestly, your description was hard af. I felt kinda bad for you in choosing a song. I think you did a pretty good job, all things considered. This song is pretty much an isolation anthem and while I know some people find the song judgemental, that works in your favor. Virgos can come across as judgemental in wanting to be isolated and though that’s a negative trait, it’s a Virgo trait. Virgos are witty and intellectual in conversation and I actually like that you juxtaposed that aspect with the isolation aspect. Virgos can be self-contradictory and this song exemplifies that for the most part.
    • Explanation - 2 - To the point.
    • Total: 8.5/10

Citrus - AQUARIUS - Taylor Swift - Fifteen

Spoiler

13394928_f496.jpg

Aquarians are very imaginative and creative, and nobody is more creative than a young person in love. This song encapsulates the naivety and excitement of experience that Aquarians can't get enough of.

• Element -
    • Sign - 0/0.5
    • Name - 0/0.5
    • Image - 1/1
    • Song - 1/6 - a song
    • Explanation - 1/2 - an explanation
    • Total - 3/10 - i’m putting as little time into judging this entry as you spent putting it together
  • rl231 -
    • Sign/Name/Image: 1
    • Song: 1
    • Yeah...just no. But you sent a song, so yay!
    • Score: 3
  • T-Swizz -

The Sign - 0/0.5     Your Name - 0/0.5     An Image - 1/1

Song - 1/6                 Explanation - 1/2          Total - 3/10

• Critique: No sign, no name, and a tacky picture. Okay! We’re already off to a rocky start. Didn’t think it was going to get worse but then I read “nobody is more creative than a young person in love.” Ack! This reeks of sarcasm and ageism. Horrible description and song choice. Also, I docked off even more points for choosing an MV with Abigail in it.
  • URBAN -
    • Sign/Name/Image - 1
    • Song: 1/6
    • Seriously? No sign or name? And on top of that your song and description are bad. I can’t.
    • Explanation - 1/2
    • Total - 3
  • Dylan -
    • Sign/Name/Image - 1 - How you gonna lose out on points for THIS part?
    • Song - 2 - I don’t think this song stands on its own AT ALL. Obviously, you guys had the chance to explain but the song was still supposed to speak for itself for the most part. Not only that but the words logical and rational are used quite often in the description of an Aquarius and that’s not what this song represents.
    • Explanation - 1 - I liked the idea of your explanation…. But I don’t get how it works in reality given the Aquarius description.
  • Total: 4/10

Lucky#17 - SCORPIO - Azealia Banks - Yung Rapunxel

Spoiler

1. The Sign - .5 Pt

Sign: Scorpio

2. Your Name - .5 Pt

Entry By: Lucky#17

3. An Image - 1 Pt.

(http://www.yourguidetostreetfashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/29493614-scorpion-or-scorpio-astrological-zodiac-sign-black-and-white-tattoo-image-Stock-Vector.jpg)

4. Song - 6 Pts

Azealia Banks — “Yung Rapunxel”

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53VTwVli7_w)

5. Song Explanation - 2 Pts

Scorpios are known for being very crazy/intense. “Yung Rapunxel” works perfectly because not only is the artist very crazy/intense, but this song is the EPITOME of crazy/intense when it comes to her discography. Everything from the very dynamic production, to the shouting and confused vocals, to the very explicit and frantic lyrics — it’s ALL there.

• Element -
    • Sign - 0.5/0.5

• Name - 0.5/0.5

• Image - 0.5/1 - Another watermarked image? Bye, ½ point off from me!

• Song - 4.5/6 - This one is weird to me. I get what you were going for, but I feel like you could have gone for a more dynamic representation of the sign. (Also: Ice Princess autoplayed after this and I never had heard it before and I was bopping)

• Explanation - 1/2 - The explanation is… passable but it doesn’t really do anything to sell the connections like we would want to see.

• Total - 7/10

• rl231 -
    • This was an interesting song, and I don’t know how to feel about it lmao. It works well with the Scorpio sign too, especially for its chaotic nature. I just wish there was more to the song lyrically and definitely more to the explanation. I feel like you stuck to one aspect of Scorpios when there’s definitely more.
    • Score: 8
  • T-Swizz -

Song - 6/6                 Explanation - 1/2          Total - 9/10

• Critique: Yay we finally get to my sign! This was everything I wanted and more. Azealia is by far one of the most controversial artists out today and although she may not be a scorpio herself, she definitely acts like one. All the sexually charged anger laced with contradiction epitomizes the zodiac sign perfectly in my opinion. The only thing lacking here was your explanation but other than that it was a great entry,
  • URBAN -
    • Sign/Name/Image - 2
    • You know I can’t stand her, but she has some cute bops. There’s a disconnect between your explanation and song choice, as you focused more on the song compared to the rest of her discography rather than how it related to your sign.
    • Explanation - 1/2
    • Total - 7
  • Dylan -
    • Sign/Name/Image - 2
    • Song - 4.5 - Both the production and her delivery are very intense to say the least. That alone makes the song a good enough choice. There’s just not much to decipher lyrically and that hurts you compared to other entries. The song’s intense and so are Scorpios. But, what else?
    • Explanation - 1 - I feel like you focused too much on Azealia herself here. Instead of talking about how the song relates to traits of a Scorpio, you talked about how it compares to Azealia’s discography and that wasn’t really the point of the explanation.
    • Total: 7.5/10

Rhisiart - TAURUS - Travie McCoy - Billionaire (feat. Bruno Mars)

Spoiler

Taurus

by Rhisiart

Image result for taurus

"Billionaire" by Travie McCoy feat. Bruno Mars

Tauruses love the finer things in life, to the point of being labeled materialistic. But, they are also very hard-working people and supportive of the ones they love. Once they finally get moving towards their goals and aspirations, they will charge forward and put in work to earn the very best they deserve, and would happily share their wealth with others.

• Element -
    • Sign - 0.5/0.5
    • Name - 0.5/0.5
    • Image - 1/1
    • Song - 4/6 - Okay, so this is my sign so I was extra interested to see what you would pick. I’m not disappointed with your entry, but I’m not blown away by it either as I was hoping. This song def addresses the overarching theme of materialism and possession that seems to plague the Taurus sign, but it’s very base level and I also wish it discussed working and persevering for that money, instead of just blindly wishing for it. You could have taken this in some other, deeper directions IMO.
    • Explanation - 1/2 - The explanation doesn’t tie your song into the sign. I get that it’s self-explanatory, but an entry can be much improved by quoting the lyrics and providing some further analysis.
    • Total - 7/10
  • rl231 -
    • The song is mostly self-explanatory, so I get it. However, I was wanting a tad more from the song...and your description. You didn’t really mention the song at all in it. From what it seemed, you talked more about the Taurus sign, but I was looking for the direct linkage. Next time (if there is one), don’t let the judges infer. Be direct without being repetitive.
    • Score: 8
  • T-Swizz -

Song - 4.5/6                 Explanation - 1.5/2          Total - 8/10

• Critique: Go-to song choice when it comes to describing a lavish lifestyle. This might seem a bit redundant since the song is pretty self-explanatory, but I wish you made the connection between the song and traits clear within your description. You’re one of the few that didn’t take that extra step. I was also hoping that since the Taurus is the sign of the builder that the production would slowly build throughout the song or something of the sort, BUT it was still a decent choice.
  • URBAN -
    • Sign/Name/Image - 2
    • Good song choice, but ok description. The connection between the song and sign wasn’t as clear as some of the other entries.
    • Explanation - 1.5/2
    • Total - 7.5
  • Dylan -
    • Sign/Name/Image - 2
    • Song - 5 - This song talks about enjoying a lavish lifestyle but also being ambitious and working towards that goal. The vibe of the song pairs along well with the “slow and steady” aspect of the Taurus description. It’s a good choice for your sign. It’s just not as great as some others.
    • Explanation - 1 - You didn’t talk about your song at all. We already had access to the Taurus definition.
    • Total: 8/10

Aciid - PISCES - Coldplay - O

Spoiler
On 11/3/2017 at 5:15 PM, rl231 said:

PISCES

A C I I D - R O S E

UL6PeXo.jpg "

Pisces tend to be dreamy, sensitive and imaginative something the sound and feeling of this song touches very well. It's a water sign as as well, and I find this to be very serene and water like. However they are also romantic, clingy and can victimize themselves. They can cling on to a romantic interest for dear life and "O" talks about letting go of someone you love but still being hopeful that someday you'll end up together. 

"

• Element -
    • Sign - 0.5/0.5
    • Name - 0.5/0.5
    • Image - 1/1
    • Song - 5.5/6 - Sonically, I think you found something which really hits all the marks - dreamy, watery, idyllic. I just wish that the submission was a little more developed on the lyrical side. It’s strong, but it could have had further detail.
    • Explanation - 2/2 - The explanation was succinct and captured what you needed to tell us. It could have had some additional references to specific lyrics to bolster things. I’ll give you the 2 here, but it could have been a 1.5 tbh.
    • Total - 9.5/10
  • rl231 -
    • The dichotomy that you’re posing with this song is actually brilliant. I’m very impressed! It also doesn’t hurt that this song is just pure emotion (and very underrated in the Coldplay discography). Great job!
  • T-Swizz:

• Critique: I love everything about this. The production, the lyrics, the description; it all worked so well together! While reading your description, I let the song continue to play in the background and it clicked instantly for me. I also enjoyed how you delved a bit deeper and went beyond the run of the mill traits and creatively tied in the element associated with a Pisces into your description as well.
  • URBAN
    • Sign/Name/Image - 2
    • Song selection and explanation are spot on! Excellent job.
    • Explanation - 2/2
    • Total - 10
  • Dylan -
    • Sign/Name/Image - 2
    • Song - 6 - You really captured a Pisces both sonically and lyrically. My person favorite of the bunch this round by far.
    • Explanation - 2 - I like that you describe traits of a Pisces but then ultimately connect it your song. You didn’t need to explain too much because your song choice was excellent to begin with.
    • Total: 10/10

Final Results coming up.

Edited by rl231

2 minutes ago, Aciid said:

NO WAY :jonny: 

You did really well this week.

Keep it up :heart2:

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, talent said:

@Element  whats up with the 0.5................

what

thanks for the decent scores though. yeah... choosing virgo wasnt the best idea. near impossible to really find a good song that wasnt one dimensional  :emofish:

• ATRL Moderator

kfc4lyl.png

Below you will find the current round rank as well as the overall rank.

Then Tribal Council will commence as usual which all 12 of you will be attending. Found below are some tribal council discussion questions, to be answered in this thread. 

b6nLwR8.png

R11 Rank:

1. Fruity - 10.0 (+4)
2. Losing my ground - 9.9 (+5)
2. Aciid - 9.9 (+6)
4. MusicLoverDude - 9.3 (+10)
5. Kathlen - 9.1 (-2)
6. Marvin - 8.3 (-4)
7. talent - 7.9 (+4)
8. Rhisiart - 7.7 (-2)
8. Lucky#17 - 7.7 (+5)
10. wesleywalrus - 6.8 (-9)
11. Riri. - 4.5 (-2)
12. Citrus - 3.2 (-8)

Overall Rank (through R11):

1. Losing my ground - 8.55 (=)
2. Fruity - 8.35 (=)
3. Marvin - 7.84 (+2)

4. Rhisiart - 7.64 (+3)
5. Kathlen - 7.59 (+4)
6. Aciid - 7.57 (+6) 

7. Citrus - 7.50 (-4)

8. Lucky#17 - 7.47 (=)

9. Riri. - 7.43 (-3)
10. wesleywalrus - 7.33 (=)

11. talent - 7.10 (+2)
12. MusicLoverDude - 7.07 (+2)

Congratulations Fruity on your second Individual Immunity (but first by winning the challenge) of the season!

ivcf4yZ.gif

80AyI6b.png

Tribal Council

Welcome to your second tribal council as a merged tribe! 

Fruity is immune from elimination this round. There are 11 of you up for elimination this Tribal Council. We are going back to normal after last round, so this will be a single elimination/single vote round. Immunity Idols/other prizes may be played but remember you must PM us before the deadline for these to be valid.

Here are some tribal council discussion questions for you to answer in the thread. If you do not answer your question, your votes will not count.

@Fruity - Congratulations on immunity this round! Do you think that you needed it? Any thoughts on wesley's immunity gift last round?
@Losing my ground - What do you expect to happen during tonight's tribal? What should people be thinking about when they cast their vote?

@Lucky#17 @Citrus - Do you think that allegiances from the previous vote will carry over into this tribal?

@wesleywalrus - No longer immune this round - are you nervous that you could be targeted for winning the previous challenge?

@Kathlen @Aciid - There are many different facets of the game... challenges, strategy, social ability, etc. What do you think is the most important thing to take into consideration when selecting a boot target at this point in the game?

@Rhisiart, @MusicLoverDude - Let's talk about hidden immunity idols and other prizes. How do you take them into account when planning a vote? Are there rumors going around about people having anything?

@talent, @Marvin - Which of the 12 zodiac signs do you think represents your gameplay so far? And which sign is the best to win this game?

@Riri. - Do you actually think all Sagittarius are women?

As always, please use the parchment below to cast your votes. 

Your votes are due at 10 PM EST on Monday, November 6th and you can not vote for Fruity. You are only casting one this time.

EUROPEAN MEMBERS - PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TIMES JUST CHANGED IN THE USA. Here is a countdown for the deadline:

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20171106T22&p0=179&msg=R11+Votes+Due&font=cursive

zceYkJ9.png

Good luck everyone!!

Ki the fact that I thought I might win and Fruity won poor me. Congrats tho :clap3: 

- No longer immune this round - are you nervous that you could be targeted for winning the previous challenge? @Element

One should always be nervous if they are not immune.

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, wesleywalrus said:

One should always be nervous if they are not immune.

Then I guess 92% of you should be shaking

hkiOJel.gif

Hidden immunity idols are pretty important because it plays a role in who people decide to vote out. There are rumors going around, that's for sure.

Edited by MusicLoverDude

Let's talk about hidden immunity idols and other prizes. How do you take them into account when planning a vote? Are there rumors going around about people having anything?

I feel like it's pretty much an open secret between everyone about most, if not all, of the items and those who possess them. :skull: Every time I vote, I go in assuming and hoping the prizes get used so I have one less thing to stress about.

@Dylan'

I Want Everything was in the DCOM Go Figure in 2005

11 minutes ago, Losing my ground said:

What do you expect to happen during tonight's tribal? What should people be thinking about when they cast their vote?

Obviously Citrus is going home since he bombed this challenge :eli: I always told y'all he only did good when I (or Cher) was there to help him!

People should be thinking this game has become boring AF (the fact they keep asking us these questions to start some sort of drama) and I could change that when Mods finally let me return. Here's my extra special message for each one of you (yeah, like very extra :sistrens:):

Aciid, I know you love Evita and Evita always stanned for her fave ADR judge :heart2: (other than Carrie) and her fave ADR winner (after Carrie and Faye :eli:).

MusicLoverDude, I'm also a Music Lover Dude so we have a lot in common King :celestial5:

Rhisiart, I forgive you (no I don't but looks like I have to convince you or something).

Riri, you shouldn't vote me out because I think Nicki Minaj is GREAT and I really like her songs like Swish Swish and Bodak Yellow :angelo:

Lucky#17, I'm the most similar to Azealia right here right now so I hope your vote is true to realness and takes out the fakeness in here!

Marvin, just remember how filler you were before I acknowledged you and now oh wow, you're one of my biggest competitors. Claps for you hooker!

Fruity, you robbed my immunity so you can rot in hell

wesley, Little Monsters forever, should stick together!

Kathlen, I know we had our rough past but it's time to move on. Life, like WP limits, are too short to be that salty.

Citrus, Phi Phi was crucial for Sharon's win. Roxxxy was important for Jinkx's crowning. So that LMG vs. Citrus finale NEEDS to happen or you're going to be a boring fad without an antagonist.

talent, I don't see any.

Anyway, I love almost all my sisters but if y'all vote me out this week I won't be voting for any of your asses when I'm part of pre-Jury and y'all reach the finals.

This essay is dedicated to @Dylan' who suck balls and his vote should be revoked so let's pretend I'm actually immune, shall we?

Just to note, the questions are something that most Survivor ORGs do (ORG = online reality game). They just have their own thread, and the TCs are typically private for the losing tribe to see. 

However, since you all are merged now, Element and I decided to ask the questions.