Billboard Charts (August 20-26, 2017)

iHype.

6 minutes ago, Rick said:

I remember when 89K was the fourth of fifth week sale of a good album... ?

Well, stay tuned for Taylor slaying.

T3 hits with a female lead now:

2010 16

2011 14

2012 11

2013 7

2014 11

2015 3

2016 3

2017 2

With Taylor releasing soon I guess we have our usual allotment for recent years.

Edited by fridayteenage

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UNNAMI

• simmnfierzig

• fridayteenage

• slw84

QueenofCopyPaste

Despacito 534(-5.9%)
Wild Thoughts 455 (+14.8%)
Bodak Yellow 310 (+18.3%)

:duca:

41 minutes ago, Artemisia said:

I hope taylor doesn't debut at #1

i want despacito to break the record

taylor can get #1 another week, it's not that important

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Kesha ! 

1 hour ago, Artemisia said:

I hope taylor doesn't debut at #1

i want despacito to break the record

taylor can get #1 another week, it's not that important

she won't beacuse she will debut superearly due to radio

14 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

she won't because she will debut super early due to radio

I thought Bieber would debut early, but Gary only talked about his debut on HDS. I guess Bieber is bubbling under.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

I remember when 89K was the fourth of fifth week sale of a good album... ?

I remember when 25k was considered terrible for an album debuting in BB 200's T 10. Now even with consumption units added in are down to 25k. :cries:

Gosh Wild Thoughts is such an embarrassing fighter for #1. Discounted and doing borderline payola with money giveaways to help streaming and still can't go #1. A let down. He cheated his way to #1 a month ago, and now he can't get there when it's really needed. :shakeno:

1 minute ago, iHype. said:

Gosh Wild Thoughts is such an embarrassing fighter for #1. Discounted and doing borderline payola with money giveaways to help streaming and still can't go #1. A let down. He cheated his way to #1 a month ago, and now he can't get there when it's really needed. :shakeno:

how???? ITO went #1 fair and square

1 minute ago, alexis said:

is despacito tying the record?????

Yes, unless Taylor releases tomorrow and sells 400k in three days.

34 minutes ago, iHype. said:

!!!

Where's TIDAL when you need it?

Welp, if Despacito does tie, Mariah would still be the only female to have that Hot 100 record (I think since Boyz II Men were a feature on the song?) which is still good. But just the fact that Despacito will match One Sweet Day is just :doc:

1 minute ago, ChartsFan said:

OSD was a duet. There's no features.

Ah.

Well either way it's still cool to know Mariah would still be the first female to have/be a part of that record.

the fact that despas**to passed some legendary songs like I will always love you, We belong together, Macarena and Candle in the wind is just gross :biblio:

7 minutes ago, samseacrest said:

the fact that despas**to passed some legendary songs like I will always love you, We belong together, Macarena and Candle in the wind is just gross :biblio:

The streaming era...things like this happen. Didn't that Shape of you song that you all hate clear 12 weeks at #1 or something.

So yeah...

mariah-carey.jpg

if Vine was still a thing, the gurls would EAT up Bodak Yellow ugh :'( Cmon Miss Cardi we need urban music audiences to unite behind this record to secure your first #1

1 hour ago, Agenor said:

Yes, unless Taylor releases tomorrow and sells 400k in three days.

If Taylor releases on Friday, the single won't make it onto the chart until Sept 4.(That's how the chart works) that means Despacito will still tie Mariah on August 28(next week) unless Bodak Yellow dethrones it. 

2 hours ago, iHype. said:

They way he THOUGHT he could get that horrid song to #1 :toofunny2: And all of the #WildThoughtsChallenges he tried to push, giving away money and everything and the song just increased 1% on Streaming :dies::dies::dies:

YESSSS at "Believer" getting another week inside the top 5 :worship2:

31 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

If Taylor releases on Friday, the single won't make it onto the chart until Sept 4.(That's how the chart works) that means Despacito will still tie Mariah on August 28(next week) unless Bodak Yellow dethrones it. 

If she releases on Friday, and gets huge updates on radio with like 40 million in first 3 days, she will debut on the next week's chart in the lower region of Hot 100. The tracking period for radio is different from streaming and sales tracking period, it goes from Monday to Sunday. (That's how the chart works)

"Bodak Yellow" is not coming near "Despacito" in the next week (it has a 1.72-to-1 lead over it).

40 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

They way he THOUGHT he could get that horrid song to #1 :toofunny2: And all of the #WildThoughtsChallenges he tried to push, giving away money and everything and the song just increased 1% on Streaming :dies::dies::dies:

YESSSS at "Believer" getting another week inside the top 5 :worship2:

At the end of the day, the song doesn't have viral vibes, so it just can't go viral. The #WildThoughtsChallenges is a really bad way to promote the song.