Billboard Charts (August 20-26, 2017)

iHype.

We are taking over. Get used to it, okay? 

giphy.gif

CONGRATS KESHA!!! <3 

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UNNAMI

• simmnfierzig

• fridayteenage

• slw84

10 hours ago, mandomantecado said:

Bruno usually never goes #1, but always always serves longevity. The latter >>>>>

Slay Kesha!!!!!!! A comeback that you deserved! :clap3:

Truly the male Rihanna :rip:

10 Body Like a Back Road +1
9 Shape of You =
8 That's What I Like -1
7 There's Nothing Holdin Me Back -1
6 Attention -1
5 Believer -1
4 Unforgettable -1
3 Bodak Yellow +5
2 Wild Thoughts =
1 Despacito = 15 weeks

The weekly question again: Does "Thoughts" have a realistic chance of dethroning "Despacito" atop the Hot 100 next week, keeping the latter from tying the longevity record set by "One Sweet Day"? Notably, the lead for "Despacito" over "Thoughts" shrinks significantly this week: "Despacito" declines by 6 percent in overall activity and "Thoughts" gains by 15 percent. "Despacito" is up by 1.19-to-1 in chart points over "Thoughts," a noticeably tighter gap than last week (1.46-to-1); it's also the smallest lead for "Despacito" over the chart's No. 2 title since its second week at No. 1.

Put another way: if "Despacito" were to lose the same amount of Hot 100 points next week as it did this week and if "Thoughts" were to repeat its points gain from this week, "Thoughts" would narrowly overtake "Despacito," a week shy of the latter tying the No. 1 longevity record. However, "Thoughts" benefited from its sales discount on this week's chart, and, while it's still marked down to 69 cents in the iTunes Store, it may not make the same week-over-week surge, to be reflected on next week's charts, given that it's already been discounted. Plus, while the original version of "Despacito" was already on sale for 69 cents, the Bieber remix is now, as well, which could help bolster its sales total on next week's charts.

Sam Hunt's longevity with 'Body Like a Back Road' is truly outstanding. While I understand it isn't 'traditional-sounding' country, which makes it more appealing to CHR/HAC listeners - I'm surprised it's held up so well. He has spent every week inside the top forty so far correct? I wonder if the second single from his album will have similar impact, and if when he finally announces the album if it'll be a commercial success.

Bodak Yellow :jonny:

Just now, UNNAMI said:

5 Believer -1

Quality winning!

The weekly question again: Does "Thoughts" have a realistic chance of dethroning "Despacito" atop the Hot 100 next week, keeping the latter from tying the longevity record set by "One Sweet Day"? Notably, the lead for "Despacito" over "Thoughts" shrinks significantly this week: "Despacito" declines by 6 percent in overall activity and "Thoughts" gains by 15 percent. "Despacito" is up by 1.19-to-1 in chart points over "Thoughts," a noticeably tighter gap than last week (1.46-to-1); it's also the smallest lead for "Despacito" over the chart's No. 2 title since its second week at No. 1.

Put another way: if "Despacito" were to lose the same amount of Hot 100 points next week as it did this week and if "Thoughts" were to repeat its points gain from this week, "Thoughts" would narrowly overtake "Despacito," a week shy of the latter tying the No. 1 longevity record

:/

12 minutes ago, umich said:

Put another way: if "Despacito" were to lose the same amount of Hot 100 points next week as it did this week and if "Thoughts" were to repeat its points gain from this week, "Thoughts" would narrowly overtake "Despacito," a week shy of the latter tying the No. 1 longevity record. However, "Thoughts" benefited from its sales discount on this week's chart, and, while it's still marked down to 69 cents in the iTunes Store, it may not make the same week-over-week surge, to be reflected on next week's charts, given that it's already been discounted. Plus, while the original version of "Despacito" was already on sale for 69 cents, the Bieber remix is now, as well, which could help bolster its sales total on next week's charts.

WT won't be 1 because of Despacito discount

So now all "14 weeks at #1 songs" are the third longest running ones with Despacito being the first one in history of the Hot 100 to log 15 weeks at the top, popular music history being made. :clap3:

1 minute ago, R!ck said:

So now all "14 weeks at #1 songs" are the third longest running ones with Despacito being the first one in history of the Hot 100 to log 15 weeks at the top, popular music history being made. :clap3:

For now, it's going to join Mariah next week as the longest running #1 single and then all the 14 week #1's will be in second.

Cardi :jonny3:Unforgettable still top 5 :clap3:

3 minutes ago, Kings. said:

For now, it's going to join Mariah next week as the longest running #1 single and then all the 14 week #1's will be in second.

Yeah, most likely but I'd like Despacito to stop at 15 weeks, it's been decades and no song has spent exactly 15 weeks at #1. :/

Edited by R!ck

2 minutes ago, R!ck said:

Yeah, most likely but I'd like Despacito to stop at 15 weeks, it's been decades and no song has spent exactly 15 weeks at #1. :/

I'm with you on this, but I could see a song taking second place soon. Probably Taylor depending on how good her lead is.

That's a pretty wack Top 10. Can Cardi at least hit #1 next week? Any predictions?

Edited by Nikko

Cardi's top 3 

giphy.gif

Feels #20 :clap3:

Calvin 9th Top 20

Katy Perry 18th Top 20

Pharrell 9th Top 20

Big Sean 9th Top 20

Despacito: 534 (-5.9%) Coincide with -6%

Wild Thoughts: 455.4 using simm formula (+13.7%)

534 : 455.4 = 1.17 : 1

Realistically, this is the one.

But if BB said gained by 15% from last week's estimated 397 then it's around 461 - 462.

If we go by the 1.19 to 1 ratio then it's Despacito: 534 to Wild Thoughts: 448? (+12%)

I'm at a loss here. :dies:

Let's just use the lesser gap to establish some sense of threat.

Despacito: 534

Wild Thoughts: 462

72 Point difference. 1.15 to 1 ratio. :eli: