• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• KatyPrismSpirit

The Joker and Happy Mistake are really good :clap3: 

The Joker reminds me of We Don't Talk About Bruno :deadbanana: Hope it pulls a WDTAB as well :ahh: 

• Haha 1

I think Gaga put it perfectly that this is a vintage pop album. It has jazz, show tunes, surf rock, waltz and some blues, soul, doo-woop and gospel inspirations here and there. To put it all under '' jazz '' is a bit silly, though I understand if people are not feeling it. But it's just plain wrong to call the album a jazz album lol.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

It does get better the more I listen. This sound just comes so naturally to her. This was definitely a necessary album that adds to the richness and diversity of her discography.

• Like 9

Happy Mistakes - could be the million reasons of this era.. She needs to perform it live on tv show or smth. 

Oh, when the saints - my most fav track because the moment i heard it it triggered that That's so raven nostalgia in me because i remembered that tune instantly. Its probably gonna be my most played track. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Burqa said:

i'm mad we're on the 3rd jazz album and a 6th electropop album is coming but still no sign of a full rock album :dies: it's long overdue 

It could be that she is just not that into rock at this point in her life, or that she grew out of the genre despite her musical influences and overall rockstar bravado she exudes as a performer. :michael:

This album is 9/10 for me. Gaga is so comfortable and in her own lane covering these classics while also showing off her vocal range. I must say i am not too familiar with the originals but Gaga gave me no reason to go back. I know i will be looping a lot of these songs in my shower and on my walks.

• Like 1

I love how Happy Mistake and That's Life close to album back to back cause the narrative of these two together really make sense when you look at what this project really means to her! I see what you did there godga! It really brings home what she allowed herself to do on this album with 0 care about chart success or her base :clap3:

it's her pure and untouched expression of what she wanted to create after finishing Joker :clap3:

RESPECT IT!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Vegvisir said:

Spot on assessment. Anyone who thinks this is a misstep has not been paying attention to Gaga or her creative output at all.

Harlequin is a love letter to Stefani. The second I saw the album artwork for this it all clicked - people complaining that the "subversive imagery" doesn't match the music are so laughably wrong it's almost sad, because it's both sonically and visually a portrait of a young artist trying to harness her creativity while clinging to her sanity after a traumatic experience.

If you don't like it, cool - but to write it off as simply bad just tells us all you have zero taste or musicality lol

EDIT: wait is this a copypasta :deadvision:

I'm so sorry :deadbanana4:

Spoiler

it lowkey works tho

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

I'm so sorry :deadbanana4:

Hide contents

it lowkey works tho

Nah sis don't be sorry, I trusted my judgement more than I should've with that earnest reply after smoking a big joint :rip:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pilgs said:

Can someone help me out and just tell me which are the original songs on the album? 

Happy Mistakes & FAD

• Thanks 1

There was a deferment on Australian tele this morning about the Joker being like Kath and Kim lmao

At first I just liked Happy Mistake, The Joker and That's Life but now the whole thing is growing on me. She sounds incredible vocally and the production is really good

I would rank it ahead of Joanne and her two albums with Tony Bennet as of right now

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.