Lady Gaga - 'Harlequin'

rafael-abc

I'm a Liddo but this is the first album of hers I just can't get into…

To serve those subversive visuals for… this? 

The "jazz" isn't even jazzing, just old showtunes… 

Anyway. LG7 please come through 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• KatyPrismSpirit

What is this Cheek To Cheek The Re-Up Gaga Reloaded

I mean it's not bad it's pretty good actually but jazz again Gaga please have a mercy :bam:

No. I didn't expected pop bangerz from this we been knew these are covers but album cover were in different vibe than another jazz

Edited by BlueBlue

OK my review after first listen 

Her vocals are amazing. This is really well done overall. I do have some criticisms. I wish she'd been a bit more experimental on this. The Joker is amazing, I wish more of the album took risks like that song did where it seems like a different genre to the original. I also think starting the album with Good Morning, Get Happy and Oh When the Saints was a mistake. Those covers are kinda boring compared to most of the rest of the album. Like there's nothing wrong with them but they just don't do anything interesting and they aren't among the stronger songs on the album either. The second half is also just much stronger in general. 

Standouts: The Joker, World On A String, Smile, Close To You, Happy Mistakes, That's Life. 

This album is just across the board better than both her albums with Tony. Those albums had their moments but ultimately they were quite middle of the road and boring where as this album has way more personality. 

• Like 4

The Joker is an instant career highlight I fear. 

The last minute, starting with when she sort of GROWLS, going through to the last second of the song, ugh orgasmic vocals. 

• Like 11

it's a cute jazz album, i'm not feeling the 2 original songs as of now but her Close To You cover >>>> :jonny3: also love Smile and That's Entertainment 

5 minutes ago, rickycabello123 said:

streets sayin this is a boring album

streets are lying (:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

The Joker is an instant career highlight I fear. 

The last minute, starting with when she sort of GROWLS, going through to the last second of the song, ugh orgasmic vocals. 

@perfectillusion204 liking this post, oh the taste jumped out. Perfect Illusion stans rise up! 

• Like 5

it must really suck to not like jazz because this album is great & the vibe fits the joker very well. 

• Like 1

Happy Mistakes starts off really strong but it needed to build to something bigger/better than it did. It's still a cute song but it's no ARUTW. Folie á Deux is cute but it sounds like a lot of other things. I think perhaps it's in the movie and is their shot at best original song as she said only Happy Mistakes was exclusive to this album. I don't think it's gonna win that though.  

9 hours ago, Supervillain said:

Let me just say, I am fuming that the visuals don't match the music at ALL.

Where are the unhinged punk rock anthems?

nqYSIgR.gif

I haven't heard the album yet but the visuals feel very late 60s early 70s glam meets late mod era Biba fashion 

1 hour ago, Shimenawa said:

So i'm listening to it for the first time and i hate it. This jazz **** is unlistenable. Cheek to Cheek was nice because of the novelty factor but we didn't need a 2nd and even less a 3rd one. She should have done an entire album with Bruno instead of this crap

well this was never happening anyways just say you don't like jazz & move on lol. it's a movie soundtrack calm down. 

Edited by Fanta
  • Thanks 1

Now i'm obsessed with That's Entertainment :ahh: it's a different one each hour

She's about to EAT

1530421271_K9lR7eq(1).thumb.gif.8ca4e556

46 minutes ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

I was surprised to see the mixed reception for this one... and then I wasn't.

Further proof of a deep generational chasm that divides ATRL into two camps; the twentysomething pop sophisticates with 15 to 20 years of top-shelf pop consumption to their name, and an unruly kid crew with RuPaul avatars and tributes to Chappell Roan in their signatures. It's not that the latter generation is a lost cause entirely, but they've clearly never heard a "Gaga" — that is, they've never encountered a voice quite as distinctive as Gaga's. "But I know Gaga! Joanne was the first album I bought!" First off, ask for a refund. And no, you don't know Gaga, you know a very stilted and subdued version of the iconic performer.

The Gaga of "Harlequin" is Gaga as Gaga is intended to sound. She very skillfully vacillates between a range of tones; she nasally, then guttural, then grainy, then nasally again, then delicate. (And yes, that's how she's supposed to do it.) She's sultry. She's goofy. She's sounds slightly absurd. She's fully engaged. She's expressive in ways that "technically superior" vocalists just aren't. She is brilliant. You have no idea how brilliant she is.

This is the probably purest attempt Gaga has made to harness some of that ineffable charm that made her early work so irresistible. I adore it.

the way this post makes more sense when it's about this album than the original about that britney song :dies: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

i'm mad we're on the 3rd jazz album and a 6th electropop album is coming but still no sign of a full rock album :dies: it's long overdue 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.