Perrie - "Tears"

SinnerCity

Doesn't seem she thinks the album is coming this year like she was saying. She also said it was finished?

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• The Slayer

• WERKER

• DemnisBreezy

No go back in the studio and look for better producers like As it was producers and better songwriters and look for your bleeding love, flowers, As it was, Cruel Summer girl. You need a banger to launch a career not those clarkson dated songs and anne marie rejects...

• Like 1

On 7/6/2024 at 1:27 PM, tbhmatt said:

MUCH worse :rip: She's suffering heavily from a lack of artistic identity. Leigh-Anne wasn't able to get a massive hit, but at least her music felt a bit more authentic to herself and she's been able to build an audience on that.

Perrie's music so far just feels a bit… "yeah let's just put that out there" which is a shame. She's so talented, she just needs better material.

Not really. Leigh's debut was the absolute wrong choice, as it could've easily been a Little Mix single sound wise. It's never good to talk about "releasing the kind of music that you couldn't do before..." and then doing exactly that. And it came with the same issues as Perrie's debut. Lack of personality (in regards to the sound) and no clear strategy. Everything she's done since then is the exact opposite, but that's the route she should have taken right from the beginning and in my opinion she kind of missed the mark with that debut... 

1 hour ago, timothy_b said:

Not really. Leigh's debut was the absolute wrong choice, as it could've easily been a Little Mix single sound wise. It's never good to talk about "releasing the kind of music that you couldn't do before..." and then doing exactly that. And it came with the same issues as Perrie's debut. Lack of personality (in regards to the sound) and no clear strategy. Everything she's done since then is the exact opposite, but that's the route she should have taken right from the beginning and in my opinion she kind of missed the mark with that debut... 

Not necessarily disagreeing with you regarding Don't Say Love (I do like it, I think it's a good pop song, I agree it's not exactly full of unique personality and in hindsight it does feel like she wasted some momentum) but I'm more referring to how she's since used her EP as a way of carving out a sound and building an audience so people can get to know her as an artist a bit better, whereas Perrie's approach so far is very much giving "let's chuck this out and see what happens" and the music doesn't feel authentic at all. Leigh's music, post-DSL, has all felt very strongly like "Leigh-Anne" and I haven't got that feeling from either of Perrie's songs.

She's in the same position now that Leigh-Anne found herself after singles 1 & 2, Leigh's made some smart choices thereafter, remains to be seen if Perrie does the same. She would benefit from doing something similar and releasing an EP that better defines the sound she actually wants to be making, in my opinion! 

• Like 1

Perrie on the 3rd single

She thinks it will be out September/October

She said the next song is very 'feel good' and she has seen the fans online and know what they want and she's going to add something somewhere in the song where they can hear her siiiiing.

She said there is nothing like this song on the album, it is 'energetic, fun and different'.

It just doesn't sound like she has a plan or clue at all. She's just doing it for fun and that's totally fine!

Perrie says 'never say never' to a reunion but if it happened it would have to be a 'good few years'.

The album is 'potentially' this year but she is still working on it and that pre-order should definitely be this year.

Edited by The Slayer

Perrie says the album is coming 'early next year'.

Performing on 'The One Show' tomorrow.

Tears has really grew in me! 

Leigh-Anne and Perrie have such useless teams...Tears should have been released before the performance in Capital Summertime Ball and the music video county have been released a few days later. But even in that case, Tears was never a good option for a second single. It's not bad but it's not interesting either. Perrie needs to grab the attention of the general public and with these songs, it seems difficult. I really hope that the next single will be better and that her label won't give up on her. 

A great performance

She has good stage presence 

once again, perrie released a random ep the same day as leigh/jade :rip:

25 minutes ago, zeta said:

there should've been at least an acoustic version there:laugh:

6 hours ago, zeta said:

I mean it's not important when nothing at ALL is going to come from Tears or extra versions. I don't even think they're getting more than 4k streams a piece probably

lbr I don't think she cares about her solo career

she's just releasing songs because Leigh and Jade are too 

On 7/19/2024 at 1:06 AM, Robburro said:

lbr I don't think she cares about her solo career

she's just releasing songs because Leigh and Jade are too 

I don't think so. She cares but right now, after the lukewarm responses and lack of promotion, she is lost. Her team definitely expected better response from the GP and mixers so since they don't have it, they have probably changed their strategy. I really hope that the next single will be better and have more promotion. 

this is way better than the KC-feel-like lead single, hope it do well on charts.

Seems like her team started doing Spotify promo

5 hours ago, Junlin said:

this is way better than the KC-feel-like lead single, hope it do well on charts.

Tears hasn't been doing a lot in the charts unfortunately...

30 minutes ago, Danai G said:

Seems like her team started doing Spotify promo

Why bother? The song was dead on arrival and there's no salvaging it now ddd

• Like 1

No one liked that song.... its too sluggish and a snoozefest .... even that live performance proved that. I feel like she needed a bleeding love or flowers kinda song and go the diva route for 2024...cuz honestly she has houston and dion vocals why waste it on those songs at the very least get an espresso type of feel good song. She needed to find her sound and image and knew what type of brand and artistry she wanted to bring to the music industry. The songs sound so random and her just trying to see what sticks...

1 hour ago, kayliah said:

No one liked that song.... its too sluggish and a snoozefest .... even that live performance proved that. I feel like she needed a bleeding love or flowers kinda song and go the diva route for 2024...cuz honestly she has houston and dion vocals why waste it on those songs at the very least get an espresso type of feel good song. She needed to find her sound and image and knew what type of brand and artistry she wanted to bring to the music industry. The songs sound so random and her just trying to see what sticks...

You couldn't have said it better. 

• Like 1

I could see Perrie doing wonders on a track that sounds like Dua's "Be the One," or maybe something like Bey's "Best Thing I Never Had." The vibe of "Forget About Us" and "Tears" is alright...I can see a mature and nostalgic vibe there, but the execution is flat.

• Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.