• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• The Slayer

• WERKER

• DemnisBreezy

I can't help but think about how *easy* it would have been for her to lean in to the Adele route and release a well-produced power ballad as her debut and re-introduce herself to the public by putting her greatest asset, her voice, at the centre of her music. She would have garnered INSTANT acclaim.

Instead she decided to do…. whatever this is. What's even more baffling is her decision to release these cookie cutter, generic as ****, Selena Gomez reject AI-generated pop songs when she herself has said all she ever wanted to do in Little Mix was stand on stage with a mic and belt out a ballad or two.

She has completely fumbled her bag and if she wants to continue releasing music she DESPERATELY needs to rebrand and go down the power ballad route. 

• Like 1

I liked the MV! It reminds me of Hallucinate.  I can see why people may be put off by it.

11 minutes ago, glitch said:

This Morning are always looking for new presenters.

She needs the West End more than Broadway, her vocal talent is way too amazing for it not to be used.

I love the Video!! Beautiful and fun!

• Like 1

Well one thing is for sure, her body of work is not going to be cohesive and people are going to slate everything she does now :deadbanana4:

Perrie has so much potential, I love her. Maybe she just doesn't have an artistic vision. Drop a few songs and release into an EP with the song about Axel and the lost friendship. Rebrand for the album release and release in Q1 2025.

The STB performance was so strong :deadbanana4:

I like the song and video is cute, this  should've been her debut. Wish she could go harder vocally though since her selling point is that she's the best singer of little mix

5 minutes ago, ket said:

this  should've been her debut

excuse me :deadbanana2:

FAU>>>>>

• Like 2

I'm scared the album is called 'La La Room', that phrase is in the video and she said in the interview with Zach it is a potential album title...

11 minutes ago, WERKER said:

Well one thing is for sure, her body of work is not going to be cohesive and people are going to slate everything she does now :deadbanana4:

Perrie has so much potential, I love her. Maybe she just doesn't have an artistic vision. Drop a few songs and release into an EP with the song about Axel and the lost friendship. Rebrand for the album release and release in Q1 2025.

The STB performance was so strong :deadbanana4:

I personally don't care if the album isn't cohesive aslong as she gives us good songs!

Hoping this song was a blip, it would have been fine for a non-single Track 12 on an album.

I'm hoping she keeps going, she has the talent, she just needs the right material.

• Like 1

Trying to be nice with my girls but WTF are they thinking 

This is not 2012 and they are not new artists on their 20s to go with this plan of releasing music

They should have dropped a lead single and 1-2 weeks later their debut album and if any song would make a buzz then to promote it 

Leigh should have taken the Tyla route or since she is struggling vocally while dancing she could have done smth like Selena Gomez - Revival ish 

Perrie should have taken Kelly Clarkson meets Olivia route 

Jade should go all they way with the gay bops ( which im expecting her to do ) 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Slayer said:

excuse me :deadbanana2:

FAU>>>>>

That song was more bland and forgettable than this one.

• Thumbs Down 1

The video looks so cheap, I didn't like it at all. 

I like the video is vibrant, it's a shame I don't ser the song going any further.

Very different. Dunno how I feel about it. 

My god, I really LOVE all of the girls, but what the hell is going on? They served so many amazing songs and music videos as a group, but they don't bring their full potential to the table as solo artists. I really thought they'd have better ears for melodies and instrumentals, but this is not what I thought would actually happen with their solo stuff. Perrie has such an amazing, rich tone and could really shine on the right material, but this song still is a snooze fest.
Jade, you better show your bandmates how it's done. 

Jade Thirlwall Little Mix GIF - Jade Thirlwall Little Mix - Discover &  Share GIFs

Perrie's marketing is just so off since the very beginning

The styling, the 2 MVs, the single covers, the marketing and all those "TikTok" promos are so dated and giving Millennials trying hard to stay current

I honestly think "Tears" is a good song and have commercial appeal if they know how to play the cards right

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

pack it up folks. it's over

miley-cyrus.gif

The video is… a choice. I'm still hoping this is all a joke and she will start her solo career releasing an amazing song.

Real Housewives Of Atlanta Monday GIF

Unfortunately Kelly was right all along. These girls were MADE to be in a group. Solo wise, they're not delivering at all. No hits from any of them, not even Jesy. I'm doubtful Jade will release anything but a pride bop that will peak in the top 20 and drop like a rock. 

I cant believe how little theyve spent on her debut... a disaster. Leigh Anne got much better MVs!!

The song and the video are both cute, however I dont understand why they want to market her with these type of mediocre pop songs.

If they think better they would see how there is a lack of female vocalist at the moment and with some power midtempo ballad such as "Bleeding Love" she would definitely make bigger impact than with this

• Thanks 1

the concept for the music video is kinda cute but it's very obvious they didn't have any sort of budget for it lol

7 hours ago, Xpress2019 said:

Unfortunately Kelly was right all along. These girls were MADE to be in a group. Solo wise, they're not delivering at all. No hits from any of them, not even Jesy. I'm doubtful Jade will release anything but a pride bop that will peak in the top 20 and drop like a rock. 

i could live with the lack of success if there was any sense of musical direction. i guess leigh-anne isn't as bad as perrie in that regard, but if you don't have a vision and just release song to see what sticks and then beg people to stream it... it's just embarrassing.

these girls should know by now that success is earned most of the time, you're not gonna fall ass backwards into it. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Xpress2019 said:

I'm doubtful Jade will release anything but a pride bop that will peak in the top 20 and drop like a rock. 

Who knows how it will fare commercially, but in terms of quality and originality, Angel of my Dreams is simply not in the same conversation as the other's songs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.