Why doesn't Taylor try to evolve on stage?

cyberpunkgoth

She can't do anything outside of songwriting.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• ShadeIena

• CécredSpaces

• Badgalbriel

form champion GIF

Because she is still stuck in her Digivolution process. 

That one Selena post :bibliahh:

20 hours ago, Michael196 said:

fGeOP2.gif

wellyes-tokyo-toni.gif

wellyes-tokyo-toni.gif

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Raspberries said:

I've dragged you up and down multiple threads because you say the same **** about her in every thread you enter 

Deflecting to your obsession with a retired popstar from the 90s everytime you're incapable to respond like an adult isn't really a "dragging" sweetie. Well, maybe a self-drag.

Edited by Jay07
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, AxelFox said:

This. 

It's not about doing Janet jackson level choreography on stage but she literally has no stage presence whatsoever. Moves very awkwardly, stiff body language, has no posture and is quite hunched, no sense of rhythm. She's very amateurish and it's painful to watch, epsecially for someone at her level.

I doubt she can work on it as this is something you either have or you don't. Especially at her age. If there was a great performer hidden underneath it would've come out by now, especially since she's been doing this for so long. Which makes all this humongous fame all the more perplexing. But that's the climate we live in nowadays. You get more recognition for being relatable and common instead of being extraordinary. 

I dont know why people just dont get it or maybe the world is really in a dark place right now when it comes to having actual taste. I mean even "bad" or "mediocre" singers like Rihanna or even Katy Perry have better stage presence than Taylor. There's always something so try hard about Taylor on stage. The aggressive moments are just...

I mean look at Bey, GaGa, etc. when they act aggressive it's convincing and actually powerful. Taylor just doesnt have it in her, yet she is the most successful, surpassing THE MADONNA. 

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

I dont know why people just dont get it or maybe the world is really in a dark place right now when it comes to having actual taste. I mean even "bad" or "mediocre" singers like Rihanna or even Katy Perry have better stage presence than Taylor. There's always something so try hard about Taylor on stage. The aggressive moments are just...

I mean look at Bey, GaGa, etc. when they act aggressive it's convincing and actually powerful. Taylor just doesnt have it in her, yet she is the most successful, surpassing THE MADONNA. 

Trying to sneak Gaga into Tay, Bey, Madonna etc :dies: 

"there's always something very try hard about Taylor on stage"

*posts the woman who did the following on stage: got vomited on, dry humped R Kelly, showed her full bush, etc* 

Edited by Raspberries
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

She's just not an interesting performer nor does she care to be. Her only theatrics are the same 3 moves and that's pretty much it. Shes carried by stage props and has the same performance abilities as someone like Katy Perry 

4 hours ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Y'all really need to learn the difference between a fact and an opinion :suburban:

• Like 1

I would say she should ditch the choreography and just belt out songs like Mariah and Whitney but she can't do that either :michael:

I feel like Taylor has evolved some, or at the minimum is able to present a complete product at her live shows.

I don't think she's a top tier performer, but I believe her fans got their money's worth and that they're genuinely impressed with the show.

she's not a trained performer and her tour is successful anyway, so she has no reason to give a f.

20 hours ago, Popboi. said:

That one Selena post :bibliahh:

wellyes-tokyo-toni.gif

Did I manifest this??? :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Michael196 said:

Did I manifest this??? :bibliahh:

Manifest a better outfit for 1989 section please

• Haha 1

I mean I think she's doing as much as her level of talent can allow and I don't mean that in a mean way, it's just true. 

Because that's not what her audience is looking for. It's like asking that question for Justin Bieber or Selena Gomez. 

On 5/11/2024 at 7:43 AM, ShadeIena said:

Selena was an amazing performer before she stopped doing it. Stars Dance tour had amazing choreography and Revival tour had amazing visuals, audience interact, some choreo, etc. Stfu

Exactly people only want to remember the AMAs performance when she actually has very good shows to back her up as a performer, and idk why the OP compared her to Taylor when their styles are nothing alike :coffee2:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WaterDiamonds said:

Exactly people only want to remember the AMAs performance when she actually has very good shows to back her up as a performer, and idk why the OP compared her to Taylor when their styles are nothing alike :coffee2:

Before losing her body energy, her self-confidence , the anxiety and all the other issues, she had really good shows

She does not have a transplant, autoimmune disease, anxiety , depression or bipolar disorder. Selena is literally more famous than her everywhere else

On 5/11/2024 at 9:09 AM, CécredSpaces said:

But has an injured leg.

We're talking about performance skills, so why are you bringing up "local" and "Brazil". Acting as if anybody cares about Selena other than her online drama antics.

Posted (edited)

Her stans said they can't relate to that.

:suburban:

Edited by JonginBey
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, ShadeIena said:

Before losing her body energy, her self-confidence , the anxiety and all the other issues, she had really good shows

She does not have a transplant, autoimmune disease, anxiety , depression or bipolar disorder. Selena is literally more famous than her everywhere else

excuses excuses excuses

• Thumbs Down 2

LOL because she's so overrated she doesn't need to. At this point she could just get a rocking chair and do crochet on stage while her albums play in the background and the swifties will still buy front row tickets for 6000 dollars.

why would she try to evolve on stage, she's not a damn Pokémon? she's the biggest artist alive and she became that by being herself, so obviously what you think is ''good'' is beyond irrelevant. 

2 hours ago, BabyBenzz said:

why would she try to evolve on stage, she's not a damn Pokémon? she's the biggest artist alive and she became that by being herself, so obviously what you think is ''good'' is beyond irrelevant. 

no, she became that by releasing 10 albums in 2 years and milking her fanbase with 10 variants each to break records.  If her fanbase wants to spend 6000 on a ticket so be it, but that doesn't mean she's a good performer.  How come I'm not exposed to her supposed great performances?  Why are they not breaking thru to my algorithm?  And furthermore, why am i not hearing her music outside in the real world?  I haven't heard a Taylor Swift song at a gay bar in years.  Seriously years.

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 5/10/2024 at 4:12 PM, halcyonday said:

Why would she try anything more? She's a billionaire who's coming for the title of the most successful female of all time just the way she is. 

sadly, this

1 hour ago, spree said:

no, she became that by releasing 10 albums in 2 years and milking her fanbase with 10 variants each to break records.  If her fanbase wants to spend 6000 on a ticket so be it, but that doesn't mean she's a good performer.  How come I'm not exposed to her supposed great performances?  Why are they not breaking thru to my algorithm?  And furthermore, why am i not hearing her music outside in the real world?  I haven't heard a Taylor Swift song at a gay bar in years.  Seriously years.

Real world… gay bar… :rip:

And here I am asking myself why have I been exposed to Taylor songs on Serbian radio? :confused:

If anyone actually like really thinks Taylor got to be where she is without actual real wod tuning in, then I am nof sure what to say. :smile:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.